Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,794 members, 7,817,291 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:41 AM

I Regret Supporting Amaechi To Be Governor —odili - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Regret Supporting Amaechi To Be Governor —odili (723 Views)

Wike Asks Amaechi To Account For N3Trillion / I Made A Mistake Supporting Amaechi In 2007; Wike Is Next Rivers Governor- Odili / "I Regret Supporting Subsidy Removal" - Prof Jeffery Sachs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Regret Supporting Amaechi To Be Governor —odili by Crownofwealth(m): 9:30am On Dec 29, 2014
PORT HARCOURT— Former governor of Rivers State, Dr. Peter Odili, has said that he
regretted working for Governor Rotimi Amaechi to emerge governor of the state.
Odili, in Ndoni Local Government Area of the
state, at a campaign rally for the governorship
candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP,
Mr. Nyesom Wike, alleged that Governor Amaechi
dismantled structures that the founding fathers
of the PDP had in the state when he assumed
office.
He said: “We thought we did the right thing by
supporting Amaechi to become the governor of
the state. We left a united state. We also left a
united party. PDP was one. Rivers State is PDP.
There was no other party in Rivers State.
Whatever the party hierarchy said would happen,
that was what happened. The secretary is here
to confirm what I am telling you here today.
“With all the best intentions, we supported his political career and ambition. We thought
we did what was best for the state. As you know, until a man has power and has money,
you don’t really know him, but that is a story for the future. One thing is clear, we have
accepted our mistake and we are determined to correct it in 2015.
“Who would have thought that a governor who won an election on the platform of the PDP
would decamp with the mandate of the party to another party? Who would have thought
that a governor elected on the platform of the PDP would abandon the PDP to join an
opposition party?
“The elders of the party who are here can corroborate what I am saying here today. We ran
a cohesive party. We had respect for the elders of the party. We had respect for party
members. No one attempted to hijack the PDP because the party was bigger than anyone
no matter his or her position. Party officials were respected because the party was run
from the secretariat which was home to all members of the party
“I want to thank the governorship candidate of the PDP for the 2015 governorship election
and the next governor of Rivers State, Nyesom Wike, for miraculously rescuing the party
from disintegration and working tirelessly to unite the members of the party. God will bless
you.
“By the special grace of God, in February, we are going to the polls. The first election is to
re-elect President Goodluck Jonathan for a second term. The second election will be the
governorship election where our candidate, Wike, will emerge as the next governor of
Rivers State.”
Re: I Regret Supporting Amaechi To Be Governor —odili by Crownofwealth(m): 9:31am On Dec 29, 2014
Re: I Regret Supporting Amaechi To Be Governor —odili by Morhziez(m): 9:33am On Dec 29, 2014
K
Re: I Regret Supporting Amaechi To Be Governor —odili by orobs93(m): 9:33am On Dec 29, 2014
thief they regret to support thief?
Re: I Regret Supporting Amaechi To Be Governor —odili by BeeBeeOoh(m): 9:34am On Dec 29, 2014
Medicine after death..
Re: I Regret Supporting Amaechi To Be Governor —odili by orobs93(m): 9:35am On Dec 29, 2014
Morhziez:
K
Mr man what is ur problem,i say what is ur problem..cant u construct a simple sentence or phrase...rather than denying me my rightful position...
Re: I Regret Supporting Amaechi To Be Governor —odili by Morhziez(m): 9:38am On Dec 29, 2014
orobs93:

Mr man what is ur problem,i say what is ur problem..cant u construct a simple sentence or phrase...rather than denying me my rightful position...
k
Re: I Regret Supporting Amaechi To Be Governor —odili by Crownofwealth(m): 9:39am On Dec 29, 2014
orobs93:
thief they regret to support thief?
LOLZZZZZZZZZZSS
Re: I Regret Supporting Amaechi To Be Governor —odili by superstar1(m): 9:40am On Dec 29, 2014
Point of correction ----- he supported Celestine Omehia and not Amaechi.
Re: I Regret Supporting Amaechi To Be Governor —odili by orobs93(m): 9:41am On Dec 29, 2014
grin
Morhziez:
k
grin
Morhziez:
k

na so you wan take enter this new year guy?
Re: I Regret Supporting Amaechi To Be Governor —odili by Crownofwealth(m): 11:10am On Dec 29, 2014
orobs93:
grin grin

na so you wan take enter this new year guy?
lolzzzz

(1) (Reply)

Dele Momodu: Buhari Vs Jonathan – In Search Of Mathematicians / How My Husband Raped Our Daughters, Impregnated One - Wife Tells Police / GEJ Has Failed Us Again!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.