Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,194 members, 7,835,965 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:17 PM

Why GEJ Did Not Visit Chibok - Yakassai - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why GEJ Did Not Visit Chibok - Yakassai (3561 Views)

Battle Between Awolowo, Akintola Led To 1966 Coup- Yakassai / Anenih Lied, I Didn’t Receive Up To N63m From Him- Yakassai / Buhari Did Not Visit Chibok - GMB Campaign Office (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why GEJ Did Not Visit Chibok - Yakassai by tonte(m): 7:13pm On Dec 29, 2014
I don't know...I do not know the man, I do not know anything about his personal movements so I cannot answer your question sir...all I have said are based on interviews I have watched or read

Eziachi:

You mean your president won't campaign in North East in this election with unpoliceable thousands of people in attendance?
Re: Why GEJ Did Not Visit Chibok - Yakassai by najoke: 7:58pm On Dec 29, 2014
anonimi:

I will ignore the incoherence and bad grammar plus structure of your post to talk about YOUR calamity message!

As for me and my household we will take a man who is PROGRESSIVELY reviving our railway sector over & above a daft old soldier who senselessly cancelled a metro rail project in Lagos over 30 years ago out of ethnocentric HATRED.
That is just one very comparable sector oh!

When all is taken into consideration, I will advise anyone to also choose that Goodluck calamity over the Buhari calamity any day, won't you

Hello son, glad you have found your crayon

2 Likes

Re: Why GEJ Did Not Visit Chibok - Yakassai by LRNZH(m): 8:06pm On Dec 29, 2014
If GEJ was a serious President he would have transformed Nigeria.

See the opportunties he has missed:

https://www.nairaland.com/2067016/pics-pwc-audit-report-what-true
Re: Why GEJ Did Not Visit Chibok - Yakassai by Eziachi: 8:18pm On Dec 29, 2014
tonte:
I don't know...I do not know the man, I do not know anything about his personal movements so I cannot answer your question sir...all I have said are based on interviews I have watched or read

I would be a fool not to know that you don't know.
Am only asking you as an intelligent person and based on what you said before.
I want you to use your Gods given common sense to analyse whether an unannounced visit to Chibok will be riskier that election campaign of thousands of people in attendance?
I am not a security expert but common sense detect that a huge crowd will be riskier in terms of security for Jonathan than an unannounced visit to the parents and troops in Chibok. and NE, because I cannot just imagine him not campaigning in the NE. Do you?

1 Like

Re: Why GEJ Did Not Visit Chibok - Yakassai by hakanai(m): 9:07pm On Dec 29, 2014
tonte:
all the military chiefs have been there apart from the chief of Naval staff

When was the last visits by COAS & CDS? I mean it was even before the things spiral out of control and territory was significantly lost. I mean in there own case they should have relocated there or frequent the visits to show the push and motivation. Even to calm all the mutiny in there officers. When you spend on something worth doing then its only fair to go check even if nah investment. Not of talk of matters that involve life( Army or civilians).
Soldiers are known for there field drive and surgical sense. I see none in this people currently running it apart from running court martials 100s km away. Also sharing the logistics wrongly. Again provide me the last photos of any visit by the chiefs to see first hand what officers are doing on ground. Its months now abi years the cheifs dey power? How many known visit of support to field personal?

That CDS is a native from the NE from a state being ravaged as well and Sambo is from the North! I mean if they tell us that GEJ and COAS are not northerners and as such since they are not from our north and a valid reason they should not visit us during our trying times then what of the Northerners in power amongst them? What is there own excuse?

1 Like

Re: Why GEJ Did Not Visit Chibok - Yakassai by Demdem(m): 10:33pm On Dec 29, 2014
anonimi:

- What was General Aguiyi-Ironsi when he was killed, AinC?
- What was General Murtala Muhammed when he was killed, BinC?

Further confirmation that daftness is a pre-requisite to be a sympathiser/supporter/member of the Association of Pretending Crooks, APC

Fool, again in ur daft state u will like to compare the security apparatus all around these men and the sudden circumstances around their deaths to a well prepared and rehearsed visitation if the drunkard intends to go.
Indeed u are pathetically daft no doubt.

3 Likes

Re: Why GEJ Did Not Visit Chibok - Yakassai by tonte(m): 10:36pm On Dec 29, 2014
I cannot imagine him not campaigning there, at the same time I'm sure both of us are curious enough to see how he intends to do that...that being said, it is going to be best idea to make an unannounced unscheduled visit to the place and see the troops, but however that doesn't look like its ever gonna happen...all this time he hasn't visited his reason/excuse is that he hadn't any security clearance to make the visit and well that probably hasn't changed...understandably since the terrorists now use human bombs in the form of children

Eziachi:
I would be a fool not to know that you don't know.
Am only asking you as an intelligent person and based on what you said before.
I want you to use your Gods given common sense to analyse whether an unannounced visit to Chibok will be riskier that election campaign of thousands of people in attendance?
I am not a security expert but common sense detect that a huge crowd will be riskier in terms of security for Jonathan than an unannounced visit to the parents and troops in Chibok. and NE, because I cannot just imagine him not campaigning in the NE. Do you?

1 Like

Re: Why GEJ Did Not Visit Chibok - Yakassai by Demdem(m): 10:38pm On Dec 29, 2014
tonte:
nope they won't get a hold of him, but that does not mean that they would not at least try...and in trying that would mean that some other people who would be alive by his not coming may have to die because people may be trying to kill mr president...which may later mean he will have to abort the visit to chibok..he's said it before that he wants to visit, but has not got the required security clearance to do so....so let me ask you, if you were mr president, and you don't have the required security clearance to visit, are you still going to take the risk to visit?

Abegii spare me ur rants.
The fool doesn't even need to announce his going there for all I care. Wirh all his security agents, nothing will happen, afterall some of his soldiers live there.
I have no doubt in my mind that the drunkard is a coward.
What ffucking security clearance in my country as CinC . Those security agents are paid to secure and he should fire any security chief that can't guarantee his safety in any part of a country u claim u are governing.
By the way, it's months now, what have they been doing?
Re: Why GEJ Did Not Visit Chibok - Yakassai by tonte(m): 11:23pm On Dec 29, 2014
I'm not here to make any case for why the CDS has or has not visited there, that quite frankly is something I know nothing about...however I have seen on the news at different times the army chief had visited there, one time he was there with the CDS, one time he was there with the minister where they visited the hospital where soldiers were recovering, I know for a fact that the Airforce Chief has personally lead a bombing raid at least once...I understand from your post that you are from the north and as such i can understand your anger

hakanai:

When was the last visits by COAS & CDS? I mean it was even before the things spiral out of control and territory was significantly lost. I mean in there own case they should have relocated there or frequent the visits to show the push and motivation. Even to calm all the mutiny in there officers. When you spend on something worth doing then its only fair to go check even if nah investment. Not of talk of matters that involve life( Army or civilians).
Soldiers are known for there field drive and surgical sense. I see none in this people currently running it apart from running court martials 100s km away. Also sharing the logistics wrongly. Again provide me the last photos of any visit by the chiefs to see first hand what officers are doing on ground. Its months now abi years the cheifs dey power? How many known visit of support to field personal?

That CDS is a native from the NE from a state being ravaged as well and Sambo is from the North! I mean if they tell us that GEJ and COAS are not northerners and as such since they are not from our north and a valid reason they should not visit us during our trying times then what of the Northerners in power amongst them? What is there own excuse?
Re: Why GEJ Did Not Visit Chibok - Yakassai by tonte(m): 11:24pm On Dec 29, 2014
it is very difficult to reply you especially where you have all sorts of strong language and abuses on the president...calm down and have a good night rest

Demdem:

Abegii spare me ur rants.
The fool doesn't even need to announce his going there for all I care. Wirh all his security agents, nothing will happen, afterall some of his soldiers live there.
I have no doubt in my mind that the drunkard is a coward.
What ffucking security clearance in my country as CinC . Those security agents are paid to secure and he should fire any security chief that can't guarantee his safety in any part of a country u claim u are governing.
By the way, it's months now, what have they been doing?
Re: Why GEJ Did Not Visit Chibok - Yakassai by Demdem(m): 11:28pm On Dec 29, 2014
tonte:
it is very difficult to reply you especially where you have all sorts of strong language and abuses on the president...calm down and have a good night rest

Is it not the same foolish president that called leaders of a section of the country rascals?
Am I not being polite by calling him a fool?
Jonathan is simply reaping from what he sowed.
Deal with it. No apology for that.
Re: Why GEJ Did Not Visit Chibok - Yakassai by tonte(m): 11:31pm On Dec 29, 2014
don't get me wrong, I'm not saying you should not call him a fool or whatever you want to call him, I'm just saying, that while you are at it...please try, however hard it might be...not to mention me while you are at it...good night and God bless

Demdem:

Is it not the same foolish president that called leaders of a section of the country rascals?
Am I not being polite by calling him a fool?
Jonathan is simply reaping from what he sowed.
Deal with it. No apology for that.
Re: Why GEJ Did Not Visit Chibok - Yakassai by Demdem(m): 11:40pm On Dec 29, 2014
tonte:
don't get me wrong, I'm not saying you should not call him a fool or whatever you want to call him, I'm just saying, that while you are at it...please try, however hard it might be...not to mention me while you are at it...good night and God blessed

The only option available for u is to ignore. How I choose to call Jonathan is my call and I can choose to bring u into the discussion If ur thinking process is in line with the drunkard.
If u aren't ok with that, deactivate ur account, that won't hurt.
Re: Why GEJ Did Not Visit Chibok - Yakassai by tonte(m): 11:49pm On Dec 29, 2014
i see you are a real trouble maker...oh well knock yourself out, I like Goodluck Jonathan, as a President and as a person...that does not make me a drunkard, that does not make me a daft person...you can rant all you like, he is still your president until earliest may 29 2015, with a 50% chance of being your president may 29 2019...so knock yourself out

Demdem:

The only option available for u is to ignore. How I choose to call Jonathan is my call and I can choose to bring u into the discussion If ur thinking process is in line with the drunkard.
If u aren't ok with that, deactivate ur account, that won't hurt.
Re: Why GEJ Did Not Visit Chibok - Yakassai by FastShipping: 11:58pm On Dec 29, 2014
President indeed. A clown of big magnitudegrin

2 Likes

Re: Why GEJ Did Not Visit Chibok - Yakassai by Demdem(m): 12:00am On Dec 30, 2014
tonte:
i see you are a real trouble maker...oh well knock yourself out, I like Goodluck Jonathan, as a President and as a person...that does not make me a drunkard, that does not make me a daft person...you can rant all you like, he is still your president until earliest may 29 2015, with a 50% chance of being your president may 29 2019...so knock yourself out

Am no trouble maker but a believer in the truth.
Did Jonathan abuse a section of the country by calling their leaders rascals ? If he did, where is ur criticism? Why are u growing goose pimples now that the same dose is being given to him?
U sound like an hypocrite here.
U are free to like the fool, that's none of my business it won't change my perception about him.
Go back and read my posts again, I never called u a drunkard or daft but Jonathan, the one u love. Respect my view the way I respect urs.
Yes, there are chances that the fool will remain so but it still doesn't change who he is.
The incompetent fool from Bayelsa remains a useless man governance wise.
Re: Why GEJ Did Not Visit Chibok - Yakassai by tonte(m): 12:43am On Dec 30, 2014
why are we even having this conversation, I only very politely said, please leave me out of your mentions when you feel like insulting him...speaking of respecting views, that is a view of mine I want you to respect...why is that hard for you if your not being a troublemaker

Demdem:

Am no trouble maker but a believer in the truth.
Did Jonathan abuse a section of the country by calling their leaders rascals ? If he did, where is ur criticism? Why are u growing goose pimples now that the same dose is being given to him?
U sound like an hypocrite here.
U are free to like the fool, that's none of my business it won't change my perception about him.
Go back and read my posts again, I never called u a drunkard or daft but Jonathan, the one u love. Respect my view the way I respect urs.
Yes, there are chances that the fool will remain so but it still doesn't change who he is.
The incompetent fool from Bayelsa remains a useless man governance wise.
Re: Why GEJ Did Not Visit Chibok - Yakassai by Demdem(m): 12:50am On Dec 30, 2014
tonte:
why are we even having this conversation, I only very politely said, please leave me out of your mentions when you feel like insulting him...speaking of respecting views, that is a view of mine I want you to respect...why is that hard for you if your not being a troublemaker

Nope, it wasn't done politely instead u called it rants.
Av given u the best advice. Ignore or deactivate.
U are a lover of Jonathan, when he is being discussed, u will have to endure. It's part of the sacrifices.
Re: Why GEJ Did Not Visit Chibok - Yakassai by tonte(m): 1:05am On Dec 30, 2014
I called it rant or you called it rants? how about you get off my case...just try...it's not that hard

Demdem:

Nope, it wasn't done politely instead u called it rants.
Av given u the best advice. Ignore or deactivate.
U are a lover of Jonathan, when he is being discussed, u will have to endure. It's part of the sacrifices.
Re: Why GEJ Did Not Visit Chibok - Yakassai by owobokiri(m): 3:22am On Dec 30, 2014
san316:
What about the governor that went there? is he a police man?

what about Obama that left US to visit his troops in Afghanistan? is he airforce?

what about the Nigerians that are living there are they zombies?

tell us another story jooir.

we don't even want him to go sef.

why are your likes that desperate to have him go there? I mean he has met with the parents, visited Borno, met with bot religious, political and traditional leaders. He sent in the army, police, airforce etc. The place is jumpy and volatile and this countrys politics can easily sspirall out of control if anything happens to him. He is not a rambo and is only a politician! With all the proven dangers facing him there, why are you insisting he visits? You can't remove him through the ballot box so you want to stampede him into a suicidal mission?
Re: Why GEJ Did Not Visit Chibok - Yakassai by princeandex: 3:45am On Dec 30, 2014
limamintruth:
Why Jonathan did not visit Chibok—Yakasai
Category: Lead storiesPublished on Monday, 29 December 2014 05:01Written by Maryam Ahmadu-Suka, KadunaHits: 4853
Alhaji Tanko YakasaiElder statesman and chieftain of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) Alhaji Tanko Yakasai, at the weekend said it was too risky for President Jonathan to visit Chibok when over 200 school girls were kidnapped by Boko Haram militants in April.
Over 200 students were abducted from the Government Girls Secondary School Chibok in Borno State in April this year. Civil right groups and the international community had urged the federal government to rescue the girls who are still in captivity.
President Jonathan did not visit the school, leading to more criticism of his administration.
But Alhaji Tanko Yakasai said in the popular Radio Nigeria Kaduna Hausa programme, “Hannu da Yawa” monitored in Kaduna Saturday that soldiers were the right people to be sent to that town and not the president.
He said: “Why I think the president’s decision not to visit the area is not bad is because we were all aware of the deteriorating level of insecurity in that part of the country. We all know it was too risky for the president to visit Chibok at that time. The president is not a soldier, soldiers are the people that should be sent there. If I was the president and such an incident occurred, the right thing for me to do was to send soldiers and to be frank, our soldiers are doing their best. We are hearing on radio and reading on newspapers how soldiers are being killed but yet they are doing their best. I don’t know what is happening, the Minister of Defence, Ali Gusau, is a northerner, the National Security Adviser is a northerner, the Inspector General of Police is northerner, the Chief of Defence Staff is also a northerner.
“All Nigerian soldiers are under his order, if all these people cannot address the problem how would it be easy for the president to do it? Don’t forget that suicide bombers are now experts, so what will happen if they ambushed the president and something bad happened to him? Do you think his people will accept that? Except if people want the country to return to the Niger Delta militants era.”
On Boko Haram, Alhaji Yakasai said to end the crisis, serious measures must be taken.
“Could you imagine that today we are talking of female suicide bombers when we all know in history that females are known to be shy and peace loving? But today, a girl of age 13 was caught with bombs, some have detonated their bombs which killed many people in Kano. This is why it’s always advisable to tackle such a problem at the early stage before its get out of hand,” he said.
The elder statesman further lamented the plea by Borno elders for the government to withdraw soldiers from the area, saying it is a wrong decision. He called on Nigerians to continue advising government on ways to end the killings in the region as he appealed to Muslims and Christians to continue praying for the cooperate existence of the country.

www.dailytrust.com.ng/daily/news/42...

Re: Why GEJ Did Not Visit Chibok - Yakassai by Demdem(m): 8:30am On Dec 30, 2014
tonte:
I called it rant or you called it rants? how about you get off my case...just try...it's not that hard

tonte:

By the way, i detest liars also.
Re: Why GEJ Did Not Visit Chibok - Yakassai by tonte(m): 11:57am On Dec 30, 2014
you first called it ranting...

Demdem:

By the way, i detest liars also.
Re: Why GEJ Did Not Visit Chibok - Yakassai by hakanai(m): 12:37pm On Dec 30, 2014
tonte:
I'm not here to make any case for why the CDS has or has not visited there, that quite frankly is something I know nothing about...however I have seen on the news at different times the army chief had visited there, one time he was there with the CDS, one time he was there with the minister where they visited the hospital where soldiers were recovering, I know for a fact that the Airforce Chief has personally lead a bombing raid at least once...I understand from your post that you are from the north and as such i can understand your anger

That was when they were newly appointed they all visited amongst there farmilarization tour. I am a northerner and I tell you that Iherijike,Danbazau, Ola and Dike for me were people that really handle there roles professionally when they were called upon. The recent bunch are so not it!
I mean with the heat now, somebody highly placed should be moving Abuja - NE checking progress and ensuring our usual eye service is not used to blind the FGN on progress or magnitude of the situation.Take theque from Cameroon. The top chief moved to the area. Are you aware BH was able to over run a military barrack recently and the army did an instant come back to reclaim it. How long has Sambisa,Bags,Bama and Gwoza being under BH control? Youths came out in numbers asking to be allowed to engage and reclaim there territory. It is nothing more than the need to take back there lands.Alot of the army folks have no motivation and cohesion.We have read and seen time and again.Before i know touching the army amounts to an inevitable come back with might.Where is that spirit? In a lot of battles the army has shown weakness. I don't blame them , they are doing there best within the situation and issues! I blame the leadership.
Re: Why GEJ Did Not Visit Chibok - Yakassai by tonte(m): 2:06pm On Dec 30, 2014
You do realise that military solution in a war like this (against terrorists) can only be less than 15% effective, the remaining 85% has to do with dialogue and diplomacy, that's something boko haram isn't open to, haven said that, tell me how you will blame the leadership for ineffectiveness when
1. parents donate their children to be used as human bombs
2. boko haram is enjoying some form of home support in areas they are most effective in (because let's face it, no terrorist group can thrive this long and this effective without some kind of home support)
3. soldiers go to war to fight, and live to fight another day, while terrorist come to battle hoping to die, and take as many as they can, hence the suicide bombings....
our military, like in Iraq and Afghanistan, would need around 10 years of training in this sort of warfare to be able to effectively fight these guys, that is a fact we seem to always overlook, because as we have seen in those countries, no military can fight terrorism by might alone, even the US cannot get it right that's why they had to train Iraqis for over 10 years before handing over command to them, and still...they can't do much against ISIS
my point is...it's is thousands of times more difficult for our military to be as effective in this than we hope/expect...that is why it's not safe for mr President to visit there at the moment....sad, unfortunate, but true

hakanai:

That was when they were newly appointed they all visited amongst there farmilarization tour. I am a northerner and I tell you that Iherijike,Danbazau, Ola and Dike for me were people that really handle there roles professionally when they were called upon. The recent bunch are so not it!
I mean with the heat now, somebody highly placed should be moving Abuja - NE checking progress and ensuring our usual eye service is not used to blind the FGN on progress or magnitude of the situation.Take theque from Cameroon. The top chief moved to the area. Are you aware BH was able to over run a military barrack recently and the army did an instant come back to reclaim it. How long has Sambisa,Bags,Bama and Gwoza being under BH control? Youths came out in numbers asking to be allowed to engage and reclaim there territory. It is nothing more than the need to take back there lands.Alot of the army folks have no motivation and cohesion.We have read and seen time and again.Before i know touching the army amounts to an inevitable come back with might.Where is that spirit? In a lot of battles the army has shown weakness. I don't blame them , they are doing there best within the situation and issues! I blame the leadership.

Re: Why GEJ Did Not Visit Chibok - Yakassai by mrofficial(m): 2:13pm On Dec 30, 2014
san316:
What about the governor that went there? is he a police man?

what about Obama that left US to visit his troops in Afghanistan? is he airforce?

what about the Nigerians that are living there? are they zombies?

tell us another story jooir.

we don't even want him to go sef.

That's how you know selfish so-called leaders. They do not know the responsibilities of a being a leader because they are there to enrich themselves.
Re: Why GEJ Did Not Visit Chibok - Yakassai by Papertrail11(m): 2:20pm On Dec 30, 2014
Neighbour im aware and sorry about the lost of your 20children, pls come yo my house let me comisserate and console you sbout your loss who the heck does that...

jonathan you are a foool

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari Had A Hand In Saraki's Victory. / Pls Help! This Is Abuja (photos) / Why Did Nzeogwu Never Tell Obasunjo About The Coup He Was Planning?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.