Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,903 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:05 PM

Horses In Enugu, Calabar Or Near Port Harcourt - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Horses In Enugu, Calabar Or Near Port Harcourt (1784 Views)

This HUGE Rat Bigger Than A Dog Was Found Near A Children’s Playground / See The Big Python I Killed Yesterday Near My House. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Horses In Enugu, Calabar Or Near Port Harcourt by estrelinha: 12:43pm On Dec 29, 2014
Hi smiley , I'm from Germany, my husband is a Nigerian and we consider moving to Nigeria some time in the future; till now, it is rather hypothetic, but if we do, I would like to take my horse with me;

does anyone know if there are any good opportunities for keeping horses near Enugu, Calabar, or Port Harcourt?

(preferably not the unnecessarily expensive/stupid luxury polo club type, but just something local without luxury (of course horses don't need that, just some owners....) where horses can be well kept (like a sturdy solidly built shed that is open on one side and big enough for several horses, where they can walk in and out as they like) and getting the necessary feed won't be a problem; with enough space/pastures to run, and preferably a nice area with paths where one can ride across the country in the vicinity)

Perhaps just with a farmer who has some horses himself, or where tourist horses are kept?...Though however, security might also be an issue, of course....I'm afraid I'm sounding very naive lol (I haven't been to Nigeria yet) , but perhaps someone here knows more about these things and could tell me.... Thanks in advance smiley
Re: Horses In Enugu, Calabar Or Near Port Harcourt by Femi2Ranking(m): 2:20pm On Dec 29, 2014
I know polo club in portharcourt lits of horses there

1 Like

Re: Horses In Enugu, Calabar Or Near Port Harcourt by Femi2Ranking(m): 2:21pm On Dec 29, 2014
I know polo club in portharcourt lots of horses there
Re: Horses In Enugu, Calabar Or Near Port Harcourt by estrelinha: 8:47am On Dec 30, 2014
Thanks for your reply smiley

Does anyone else know something concerning this?
Re: Horses In Enugu, Calabar Or Near Port Harcourt by Coldplay007(f): 8:26pm On Dec 30, 2014
estrelinha:
Thanks for your reply smiley

Does anyone else know something concerning this?
Ask us about dogs, cats, goats, rats or guinea pigs, you will get lots of reply but horses?? undecided

Let me give it a shot.. there are a lot of Polo clubs in the northern part of the country but none that I know of in the south..
If I get you right,n You need an establishment that will provide lodging for a horse?
I doubt if there is any such establishments, your best bet will be to buy a large expanse of land in any area you want to settle down.. (in a rural area because land is expensive in urban areas)..
I hope this has been helpful...
Re: Horses In Enugu, Calabar Or Near Port Harcourt by Spirit1(m): 1:23am On Dec 31, 2014
I don't know of any except the probably expensive ones for Polo horses.
I live in the Southern part of the United States, so I can totally relate to what you are looking for.

The interesting thing is that what you are looking for can be a great business proposal and venture for you in Nigeria.
Nigeria is in a trajectory for Agriculture and many Nigerians in diaspora are returning home. There is also a middle class that is growing.
If you can set up a barn to keep your horse and also room for boarding horses for people , add a horse ridding class for young people to it and you are on your way to a potentially rewarding business venture.

Just a thought. Think about it. Good luck
Re: Horses In Enugu, Calabar Or Near Port Harcourt by Laird(m): 9:12am On Jan 01, 2015
A GOOD WELDER CAN FABRICATE A BIG VENTILATED CAGE FOR THE HORSE......I BELIEVE THE CAGE YOURS AND YOU NEED TO FIND OUT IF THE STATE HAS MEDICAL, LEGAL, ANIMAL LICENCE AND PERMITS AND TAX AND ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS TO KEEP THE HORSE AND IF IT IS ALLOWED IN THE STATE AND IF THERE IS A GOOD STANDBY VET IN THE STATE ..

PLEASE THE COUPLE SHOULD DO THEIR RESEARCH VERY WELL
Re: Horses In Enugu, Calabar Or Near Port Harcourt by Nobody: 9:23pm On Jan 02, 2015
There is a club in GRA port harcourt.
Re: Horses In Enugu, Calabar Or Near Port Harcourt by Femi2Ranking(m): 1:07pm On Jan 03, 2015
majekdom2:
There is a club in GRA port harcourt.
That is the portharcourt polo club I was taking about
Re: Horses In Enugu, Calabar Or Near Port Harcourt by Nobody: 9:42pm On Jan 08, 2015
My dad was a member in PH polo club. Great handlers for ur horses,and d benefits of being a member

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Male And Female Antelope For Sale(pics) / Help a Grieving Dog owner / All Females 2 Month Old Pitbull Pups Fr Sale 60k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.