Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,275 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:23 AM

NIPOST, FREESHIPPING And CHARGES: What Is The Truth.....? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / NIPOST, FREESHIPPING And CHARGES: What Is The Truth.....? (5327 Views)

NIPOST To Introduce Banking Services To Rural Areas — Shittu / CBN Reintroduces N65 Charges On Cash Withdrawals On ‘other Banks’ Atms / Unsolicited SMS And Charges For Unrequested Services By Services Provider (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

NIPOST, FREESHIPPING And CHARGES: What Is The Truth.....? by cooldipo(m): 1:17pm On Dec 29, 2014
Are we suppose to pay any fee for a commodity purchase with a FREESHIPPING tag? Often times NIPOST Staff have requested we pay a fee ranging from N200 and above for items on pick up and like someone claimed on another thread, item posted via EMS that were supposed to be delivered to the listed address are not as the staff device means to make you come over so that they can be at advantage to charge you a fee or out rightly beg you to part with something.......This issue has stared man of us in the face but the joy even getting your commodity from NIPOST cloud our sense of judgement.

i will appreciate our diverse opinion of this salient issue as i will like to confront NIPOST Staff with the facts when next i visit. I was charged N200 on an item weighing 0.15kg as custom fee.......i'm sure many of us has similar experience too but in some of their offices, they claim it is handling fees, in other they claim it is custom fee......these irregularity alone is disturbing to say the least.

Compliments of the season to all Nairalander!
Re: NIPOST, FREESHIPPING And CHARGES: What Is The Truth.....? by santakris(m): 1:20pm On Dec 29, 2014
I have been battling with this in silence. Hope someone shed more light on this issue.
Re: NIPOST, FREESHIPPING And CHARGES: What Is The Truth.....? by debbydee(f): 1:47pm On Dec 29, 2014
me too. 0.12kg 200naira nad above. the last one got me mad the lady said if i dont pay she would not give me my item.
Re: NIPOST, FREESHIPPING And CHARGES: What Is The Truth.....? by cooldipo(m): 4:14pm On Dec 29, 2014
we need people that has inside knowledge of NIPOST to tell us about rule guiding this.....really infuriating!
debbydee:
me too. 0.12kg 200naira nad above. the last one got me mad the lady said if i dont pay she would not give me my item.
Re: NIPOST, FREESHIPPING And CHARGES: What Is The Truth.....? by cooldipo(m): 4:16pm On Dec 29, 2014
we need people that has inside knowledge of NIPOST to tell us about rule guiding this.....really infuriating!

debbydee:
Re: NIPOST, FREESHIPPING And CHARGES: What Is The Truth.....? by cooldipo(m): 9:37pm On Dec 29, 2014
you are not alone bro
santakris:
I have been battling with this in silence. Hope someone shed more light on this issue.

1 Like

Re: NIPOST, FREESHIPPING And CHARGES: What Is The Truth.....? by cooldipo(m): 1:33am On Dec 30, 2014
i'm surprised this topic is not getting enough attention i believes it deserves......where are my fellow nairalander who knows a thing or two about this issue?

1 Like

Re: NIPOST, FREESHIPPING And CHARGES: What Is The Truth.....? by jerrygome: 6:41am On Dec 30, 2014
I have been made to pay N500 every time I come for collection of goods which was sent via free shipping. These payments that I made I was issued a NIPOST receipt. The last one that I collected was 1.6KG. They demanded for the usual N500 I told them that I don't have it, they refused to give me the package. I left. Came back after some days before my goods go enter one chance and jejely paid the N500 and collected the goods ( the goods were worth 16K)

There is a circular publicly pasted on the collection point detailing the payment of N500 for each goods

The circular was dated 24th October 2014. See the content of the circular below

HANDLING OF CHARGES ON SMALL PACKETS BELOW 2KG

In view of the special treatment ( especially on documentation and security) given to small packet in the weight category of below 2KG ( which oftentimes contain valuables such as merchandise/goods; the management has decided that a flat rate of N500.00 ( Five Hundred Naira ) only, should be applied as handling charges on all such items.

The charging of this amount shall commence and shall remain so, until further directives.

You are hereby informed of this development, and requested to give the content of this circular the widest circulation.

Signed

Osodolor Eboigbodin ( Deputy Postmaster General [Mail Operation] )
Re: NIPOST, FREESHIPPING And CHARGES: What Is The Truth.....? by cooldipo(m): 5:31pm On Dec 30, 2014
jerrygome:
I have been made to pay N500 every time I come for collection of goods which was sent via free shipping. These payments that I made I was issued a NIPOST receipt. The last one that I collected was 1.6KG. They demanded for the usual N500 I told them that I don't have it, they refused to give me the package. I left. Came back after some days before my goods go enter one chance and jejely paid the N500 and collected the goods ( the goods were worth 16K)

There is a circular publicly pasted on the collection point detailing the payment of N500 for each goods

The circular was dated 24th October 2014. See the content of the circular below

HANDLING OF CHARGES ON SMALL PACKETS BELOW 2KG

In view of the special treatment ( especially on documentation and security) given to small packet in the weight category of below 2KG ( which oftentimes contain valuables such as merchandise/goods; the management has decided that a flat rate of N500.00 ( Five Hundred Naira ) only, should be applied as handling charges on all such items.

The charging of this amount shall commence and shall remain so, until further directives.

You are hereby informed of this development, and requested to give the content of this circular the widest circulation.

Signed

Osodolor Eboigbodin ( Deputy Postmaster General [Mail Operation] )
i doubt the veracity of this circular since it has not been implemented everywhere knowing that they won't have hesitated to implement that across all states if it were to be true. As i stated above, i have only pay N200 and N300 and their official line is that the fee is for custom duty......this disparity between your and mine only points to the fact that something is fishy!
Re: NIPOST, FREESHIPPING And CHARGES: What Is The Truth.....? by jerrygome: 8:04pm On Dec 30, 2014
cooldipo:
i doubt the veracity of this circular since it has not been implemented everywhere knowing that they won't have hesitated to implement that across all states if it were to be true. As i stated above, i have only pay N200 and N300 and their official line is that the fee is for custom duty......this disparity between your and mine only points to the fact that something is fishy!

You may be right. I tire for this our country oooo
Re: NIPOST, FREESHIPPING And CHARGES: What Is The Truth.....? by greatestman(m): 8:17pm On Dec 30, 2014
I have collected more than 20 percels from post office Yola. without them collecting a dim from me. set of friendly people.
Re: NIPOST, FREESHIPPING And CHARGES: What Is The Truth.....? by dav8id(m): 11:30pm On Dec 30, 2014
i dont think the issue of making payment to the post office staff happen in their Northern offfices , cuz in Abuja there is nothing like paying before picking up your parcel..

we make the best political campaign custo.ized material....

Re: NIPOST, FREESHIPPING And CHARGES: What Is The Truth.....? by mavinc4u(f): 3:40am On Dec 31, 2014
If your tracking number starts with C then you will pay a fee ranging from N500 but when it starts with L or R; don't pay oh because there are no payments for such, they normally collect that when they claim they call your number for pickup

1 Like

Re: NIPOST, FREESHIPPING And CHARGES: What Is The Truth.....? by santakris(m): 7:18am On Dec 31, 2014
mavinc4u:
If your tracking number starts with C then you will pay a fee ranging from N500 but when it starts with L or R; don't pay oh because there are no payments for such, they normally collect that when they claim they call your number for pickup
That is not true sir. You pay for every parcel. My last parcel was from Malaysia and i still pay 500n to get it. The issue here is why will I be paying to get my parcel here in ilorin and people are not paying elsewhere in this same Nigeria.
Re: NIPOST, FREESHIPPING And CHARGES: What Is The Truth.....? by mavinc4u(f): 12:27am On Jan 01, 2015
santakris:
That is not true sir. You pay for every parcel. My last parcel was from Malaysia and i still pay 500n to get it. The issue here is why will I be paying to get my parcel here in ilorin and people are not paying elsewhere in this same Nigeria.

What I told you is the simple truth, take it or leave it. What does your tracking number starts with?

1 Like

Re: NIPOST, FREESHIPPING And CHARGES: What Is The Truth.....? by herboshedhe(f): 8:20pm On Jan 01, 2015
Sincerely this is annoying... I paid 500 each for two different packages of not up to 1.5kg

This ain't free shipping any longer, but paid shipping sad

1 Like

Re: NIPOST, FREESHIPPING And CHARGES: What Is The Truth.....? by cooldipo(m): 10:56am On Jan 02, 2015
I am happy many of us are seeing that we are being ripped off......we need to take this campaign to every of their offices.....so annoying!

1 Like

Re: NIPOST, FREESHIPPING And CHARGES: What Is The Truth.....? by jerrygome: 3:18pm On Jan 02, 2015
I think the NIPOST people must've gotten directive @ a time to charge for goods below 2KG. I think this may have been stopped, but knowing how things work here in Nigeria, most of them refuse to stop. Because this may explain the fact why some post office still charge and others don't . The thing just tire me
Re: NIPOST, FREESHIPPING And CHARGES: What Is The Truth.....? by cooldipo(m): 4:12pm On Jan 02, 2015
I hate exploitation in any form....these staff are on a salary but they still find it convenient to milk unemployed youth who form a large chunk of those that patronize them.......i have not succeeded in reaching out to NIPOST on this

1 Like

Re: NIPOST, FREESHIPPING And CHARGES: What Is The Truth.....? by Tompeters(m): 6:52pm On Jan 02, 2015
cooldipo:
Are we suppose to pay any fee for a commodity purchase with a FREESHIPPING tag? Often times NIPOST Staff have requested we pay a fee ranging from N200 and above for items on pick up and like someone claimed on another thread, item posted via EMS that were supposed to be delivered to the listed address are not as the staff device means to make you come over so that they can be at advantage to charge you a fee or out rightly beg you to part with something.......This issue has stared man of us in the face but the joy even getting your commodity from NIPOST cloud our sense of judgement.

i will appreciate our diverse opinion of this salient issue as i will like to confront NIPOST Staff with the facts when next i visit. I was charged N200 on an item weighing 0.15kg as custom fee.......i'm sure many of us has similar experience too but in some of their offices, they claim it is handling fees, in other they claim it is custom fee......these irregularity alone is disturbing to say the least.

Compliments of the season to all Nairalander!
U dey talk about 200 when mine here in ilorin is 500...ur own good sef
Re: NIPOST, FREESHIPPING And CHARGES: What Is The Truth.....? by cooldipo(m): 8:23pm On Jan 03, 2015
what is their official line for such payment?
Tompeters:
U dey talk about 200 when mine here in ilorin is 500...ur own good sef
Re: NIPOST, FREESHIPPING And CHARGES: What Is The Truth.....? by Tompeters(m): 2:44pm On Jan 04, 2015
cooldipo:
what is their official line for such payment?
dont know bout that bro
Re: NIPOST, FREESHIPPING And CHARGES: What Is The Truth.....? by cooldipo(m): 10:21pm On Jan 04, 2015
ok man......i will be visiting the post office in the coming week and will update y'all
Tompeters:
dont know bout that bro
Re: NIPOST, FREESHIPPING And CHARGES: What Is The Truth.....? by cooldipo(m): 8:50am On Jan 06, 2015
i got a phone number for my NIPOST area office and spoke with their head. She said it is a directive from the top and that it is handling charges......and Abuja and Ilorin may be charging already.....that laid it to rest for me......still awaiting the response to the message i sent to their head office

1 Like

Re: NIPOST, FREESHIPPING And CHARGES: What Is The Truth.....? by hollaimpeccabl(f): 11:29pm On Jan 06, 2015
In my own area,goods below 2kg is 500naira while goods above 2k is 1000naira...infact when I demanded for receipt,they issued a receipt for me saying it is a directive 4rm Abuja clearly pasted on the wall..Naija..we still av a long way to go
Re: NIPOST, FREESHIPPING And CHARGES: What Is The Truth.....? by jaydee87(m): 12:11am On Jan 07, 2015
a circular was pasted to that effect and they av started collecting the money since last year Oct, even in my local govt area surulere to be precise I was told before Oct set that they will start charging on small package and the charge is called handling charges.. but if you close with the person there u might negotiate the price like me that's what I do cos it has tey way I don dey collect package since 012 and most times I tip them so now na dem they tip me cos I no dey pay complete money...a times sef I dont at all . but I scope I use is if am expecting 10 packages I wait for 5 or 10 set before going to the p/office then there I will negotiate and I tell u e dey make sense...for me oh. try it..
Re: NIPOST, FREESHIPPING And CHARGES: What Is The Truth.....? by Ndukings92(m): 8:20am On Jan 23, 2015
@Jerrygome,sir u need to help me out.to open an online account de hard me so much especially when it comes to all this postal code,zip code,city code,country code in fact anything.am residing in Onitsha and nearest post office here is in new market road near Onitsha main market,sir u can tutor me here and i will b indebted to u.there is dis site i want to buy a samsung s4 at a cheap rate and that's my 1st intention via online transaction.i will be glad to b assisted by u sir,thanks
Re: NIPOST, FREESHIPPING And CHARGES: What Is The Truth.....? by jerrygome: 9:59pm On Jan 24, 2015
Ndukings92:
@Jerrygome,sir u need to help me out.to open an online account de hard me so much especially when it comes to all this postal code,zip code,city code,country code in fact anything.am residing in Onitsha and nearest post office here is in new market road near Onitsha main market,sir u can tutor me here and i will b indebted to u.there is dis site i want to buy a samsung s4 at a cheap rate and that's my 1st intention via online transaction.i will be glad to b assisted by u sir,thanks

Get postal code here

http://www.nigeriapostcodes.com/

Beware of cheap Samsung S4 as they are most likely cheap clones that Techno N3 can beat grin
Re: NIPOST, FREESHIPPING And CHARGES: What Is The Truth.....? by Nathclinton(m): 10:13pm On Jan 24, 2015
Even me . when i got to nipost Head Office in benin to cliam a goods of just 0.75Kg. D woman charge me #500. i con beg mk e collect #300. chai e no easy
Re: NIPOST, FREESHIPPING And CHARGES: What Is The Truth.....? by Ndukings92(m): 10:48pm On Jan 24, 2015
jerrygome:

Get postal code here

http://www.nigeriapostcodes.com/

Beware of cheap Samsung S4 as they are most likely cheap clones that Techno N3 can beat grin
u are right bro,that's what my guy told me so i decide to stick with s2.dis postal code aint connecting,its showing error message
Re: NIPOST, FREESHIPPING And CHARGES: What Is The Truth.....? by jerrygome: 11:01pm On Jan 24, 2015
Ndukings92:
u are right bro,that's what my guy told me so i decide to stick with s2.dis postal code aint connecting,its showing error message

Try it with ucweb browser

(1) (2) (Reply)

Top 5 Ways To Make Money Online Without Paying Anything / Help: I Won 8Million From 1xbet But They Only Credit Me 5Million / Simple Requirements For Forming A Company In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.