Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,922 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:15 AM

South-west Muslim Council Endorses Jonathan For Re-election - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South-west Muslim Council Endorses Jonathan For Re-election (2574 Views)

Pan-Yoruba Group, Afenifere Endorses Jonathan / 2015: Ohanaeze Endorses Jonathan, Threatens To Sanction Amaechi / Gov Obi Promises Muslim Council New Mosque In Onitsha, Condemns Bombings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

South-west Muslim Council Endorses Jonathan For Re-election by KEVIND: 4:07pm On Dec 29, 2014
Muslim council in South-West has debunked insinuations that Yoruba Muslims are to vote for Buhari, describing such reports as “pure lie.”
The Secretary-General of the Muslim council, Mallam Hakeem Adelani, told Sunday Tribune that “Yoruba Muslims are very objective people who do not vote on religious sentiments.
"We are not goats or rams that you just march and sell in political market.
“Why should we vote Buhari? Why should we vote for Jonathan? What have both men done for Yoruba people? For us, we have seen Lagos –Ibadan express road.

If the man can complete that road alone, he has our support.
“Jonathan has done for Yoruba, what our son, Olusegun Obasanjo, failed to do for us. Our main airport in Ibadan is having a new look. Many power plants are in Yorubaland. Our railway is working. Jonathan has done well for the Yoruba,” he said.

“And let me tell you another reason Yoruba Muslims will back Jonathan. His deputy is a Muslim who grew up in Yorubaland and understands us so much.Buhari has picked a Christian from South-West as his deputy. He has snubbed the 55 per cent Muslims in Yorubaland,” he said.
Adelani disclosed that the council would soon commence a mosque to mosque campaign on why Jonathan is better than Buhari.

Alhaji Abdullahi Folorunsho a local Imam in Bodija, Oyo state in his reaction said that, Buhari has seen a typical Yoruba man as his enemy.
"What that man did to Yoruba Politicians in 1984 without trial after they overthrew Shagari is better not discussed and allowed the Hausa/Fulani Politicians that really looted our economy to go free or be on house arrest.

Alhaji Folorunsho added, "Yoruba youths should ask themselves, what have Buhari done in Yorubaland as Oil Minister, Head of State or as PTF Boss where he misappropriated near a N1trillion Naira".
"Buhari never sympathised with us when he instructed his supporters to kill 5 Yoruba NYSC serving in the North in 2011. No one heard from Buhari when Boko haram a group he has sympathy for, kill nearly 100 Beans traders in Maiduguri". The whole of S/West was ignored by Buhari when he was PTF head. We have to punish the wicked man with our votes.
http://www.tribune.com.ng/news/top-stories/item/25272-2015-elections-division-within-core-north-widens/25272-2015-elections-division-within-core-north-widens

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: South-west Muslim Council Endorses Jonathan For Re-election by Reptyle(m): 4:18pm On Dec 29, 2014
I will make my comments after they commence their "mosque to mosque" campaign for Jonathan.... grin

7 Likes

Re: South-west Muslim Council Endorses Jonathan For Re-election by simpleseyi: 4:23pm On Dec 29, 2014
KEVIND:
he said.
Adelani disclosed that the council would soon commence a mosque to mosque campaign on why Jonathan is better than Buhari.

If you come to my mosque to campaign for Jonathan, please kindly come with soldiers because that is the only way your security will be guaranteed. The mosque is not a house of politics. Though Jonathan has been campaigning from the pulpit going from one church to another (religion fornication) every Sunday. Let, the campaign stop at the churches, don't bring it near the mosque.

19 Likes

Re: South-west Muslim Council Endorses Jonathan For Re-election by SeverusSnape(m): 4:30pm On Dec 29, 2014
Season of Endorsement... ***waiting for CAN to endorse Buhari***
Re: South-west Muslim Council Endorses Jonathan For Re-election by Nobody: 4:43pm On Dec 29, 2014
This is true o! shocked

Jonathan is the only Nigerian leader that came to power without a baggage. This is why we are witnessing the kind of transformation we have now in places like;

Railway - they are back!

Power supply - light has improved tremendously.

Elections - under Shagari and Obasanjo the ruling party carries the day always. Now we are talking about our votes counting under transparent elections.

Education - even Buhari's killers now have access to schools! The almajiris are getting educated. Buhari would prefer they remain in ignorance so as to continue killing for his ambition.

Etc etc

Carry go Jona!!!!

24 Likes

Re: South-west Muslim Council Endorses Jonathan For Re-election by publisher(m): 4:43pm On Dec 29, 2014
GEJ till Buhari repays all bank loans from 2003 Elections till date.

10 Likes

Re: South-west Muslim Council Endorses Jonathan For Re-election by Onyejiuwaokoh: 4:44pm On Dec 29, 2014
people's eyes are now opened. I always say it, the motive of North is hidden. They want power by all means including killing themselves to create insecurity and blame it on mr president as incompetence. They started it from the day late yardua kicked the bucket. They see themselves as born to rule and we to understand that, if they cunningly snatch power back it may take centuries to get it from them.

8 Likes

Re: South-west Muslim Council Endorses Jonathan For Re-election by Nobody: 5:03pm On Dec 29, 2014
If this report is true and not a propaganda from the PDP, then it confirms what some of us are saying that the South West will be the battle field.

So far, our prediction is North East, North West for Buhari.

South East, South South and North Central for Jonathan.

South west, the battle ground.

1 Like

Re: South-west Muslim Council Endorses Jonathan For Re-election by Safari29: 5:04pm On Dec 29, 2014
dem no born any muslim in SW well. I repeat am. dem no born any yoruba muslim well may he vote for GEJ. except if he is insane

beside Lagos Ibadan expressway is just 6% completed

10 Likes

Re: South-west Muslim Council Endorses Jonathan For Re-election by tosin2013: 5:15pm On Dec 29, 2014
noblezone:
If this report is true and not a propaganda from the PDP, then it confirms what some of us are saying that the South West will be the battle field.

My guy, don't be deceived! This is just propaganda. Gej lost the southwest long ago during the subsidy battle.

The Yoruba's are not like other regions, and can make a perfect u-turn without much fuss.

Osinbajo is a senior pastor of d largest Christian denomination plus he is heavily backed by 4 governors of whom 2 are very popular! (Fashola n aregbe )

Tinubu is a master strategist who will match every rigging tactic PDP will employ!

Gej is a complete disgrace when his achievements are placed alongside ordinary governors like fashola, oshiomole, aregbesola and amosun! The Yoruba's are already used to a better type of governance!

Infact, gej will be the main reason jimi Agbaje will lose in lagos, cos the anti- gej fever is sky high!

Forget the propaganda, gej will be so roundly trounced in Yoruba land, that INEC will be ashamed to announce the actual figures!

17 Likes

Re: South-west Muslim Council Endorses Jonathan For Re-election by mekadinho(f): 5:17pm On Dec 29, 2014
We ll crown Buhari "Mr failure" if he loses 2015 election.
Re: South-west Muslim Council Endorses Jonathan For Re-election by NgeneUkwenu(f): 5:20pm On Dec 29, 2014
"The Secretary-General of the Muslim council, Mallam Hakeem Adelani, told Sunday Tribune that “Yoruba Muslims are very objective people who do not vote on religious sentiments."

“And let me tell you another reason Yoruba Muslims will back Jonathan. His deputy is a Muslim who grew up in Yorubaland and understands us so much.Buhari has picked a Christian from South-West as his deputy. He has snubbed the 55 per cent Muslims in Yorubaland,”

The two contradicting statements came from this paid useless hack!

How desperate can Tribune, Thisday, Vanguard and jonathan get??

Yeye people!

15 Likes

Re: South-west Muslim Council Endorses Jonathan For Re-election by Nobody: 6:02pm On Dec 29, 2014
season of endorsement.
Re: South-west Muslim Council Endorses Jonathan For Re-election by dridowu: 6:03pm On Dec 29, 2014
South West Muslim Council ? Where is there headquarter ? Who are the other members of the organization ? Anyway, no matter what he said, he is only entitled to one vote.

5 Likes

Re: South-west Muslim Council Endorses Jonathan For Re-election by raumdeuter: 6:05pm On Dec 29, 2014
Did anyone ever hear about this organisation before opening this thread?

Their headquarters,

Their members

5 Likes

Re: South-west Muslim Council Endorses Jonathan For Re-election by akinyeleaa: 6:06pm On Dec 29, 2014
Lmao, dat man must be demented. See as he dey ascertain say yoruba muslims go vote jona. Truth be said, we dont vote on religious sentiments but jona is a no no 4 2015. And 4 him to av said Buhari snubbed yoruba muslims picking a xtain, does he expect him to pick a muslim again. Sir, vote jona, make I vote Buhari.

5 Likes

Re: South-west Muslim Council Endorses Jonathan For Re-election by personal59: 6:10pm On Dec 29, 2014
Hmmmop is not the south west side am leaving sha but if u are talking about this sw na F9 o even for village wey I go visit I can't imagine old mama saying omo mi aburo e man so pe change ohun ni ko dibo fun o ( ur brother is shouting change all d time u too should vote for change o)

7 Likes

Re: South-west Muslim Council Endorses Jonathan For Re-election by san316(m): 6:13pm On Dec 29, 2014
Hahahaha. I laff in Yoruba. imagine these people going to nasfat and mosques(where we have staunch Alfas) and telling them to vote Jonathan. hmmmm, it would have been better if they didn't endorse anybody sef.

3 Likes

Re: South-west Muslim Council Endorses Jonathan For Re-election by Haywhymido(m): 6:16pm On Dec 29, 2014
whiterock:

Fundamentalist! Jihadist!! Terrorist!!!

You need an education to open your eyes. Please forward your name to be enlisted in the nearest Almajiri school closest to you.

The transformation is on course! Carry go Jona!!!
u r a fool bro.what d guy said was nt to bring politics inside mosque which is nt permitted in islam. So what make him a terrorist? R u sick or somthin?
As 4 me, let me 1st ask myself what did jonathan do 4 my state(osun) during his 6yrs tenure? Instead of showing us mercy d i.d.i.o.t slash our allocation to 1/3 because we be APC state, even b4 d price oil plummet.I pity d clueless one cos we go massacre am just as we did in d last election.

7 Likes

Re: South-west Muslim Council Endorses Jonathan For Re-election by Nobody: 6:18pm On Dec 29, 2014
Safari29:
dem no born any muslim in SW well. I repeat am. dem no born any yoruba muslim well may he vote for GEJ. except if he is insane

beside Lagos Ibadan expressway is just 6% completed

Abeg let those people collect their own share from GEJ. On that day we go see.

2 Likes

Re: South-west Muslim Council Endorses Jonathan For Re-election by johnmartus(m): 6:21pm On Dec 29, 2014
rubbish

2 Likes

Re: South-west Muslim Council Endorses Jonathan For Re-election by yetunsbay(m): 6:24pm On Dec 29, 2014
noblezone:

State of Osun exceptional...

1 Like

Re: South-west Muslim Council Endorses Jonathan For Re-election by juman(m): 6:37pm On Dec 29, 2014
Another propaganda from pdp.

pdp has wasted the last 15 years without doing anything tangible for this country.

15 years was enough to fix the electricity problem, and God was so good the country got enough money needed to fix the electricity during that 15 years but pdp failed.

pdp has failed this country in all ways.

4 Likes

Re: South-west Muslim Council Endorses Jonathan For Re-election by Nobody: 6:40pm On Dec 29, 2014
simpleseyi:

If you come to my mosque to campaign for Jonathan, please kindly come with soldiers because that is the only way your security will be guaranteed. The mosque is not a house of politics. Though Jonathan has been campaigning from the pulpit going from one church to another (religion fornication) every Sunday. Let, the campaign stop at the churches, don't bring it near the mosque.

Boko haram member spotted. Seun please take note
Re: South-west Muslim Council Endorses Jonathan For Re-election by drobadebayo: 6:51pm On Dec 29, 2014
Who z this adelani person idiot.He should speak for himself and not yoruba muslims.

5 Likes

Re: South-west Muslim Council Endorses Jonathan For Re-election by HzRF(m): 7:03pm On Dec 29, 2014
tosin2013:

My guy, don't be deceived! This is just propaganda. Gej lost the southwest long ago during the subsidy battle.

The Yoruba's are not like other regions, and can make a perfect u-turn without much fuss.

Osinbajo is a senior pastor of d largest Christian denomination plus he is heavily backed by 4 governors of whom 2 are very popular! (Fashola n aregbe )

Tinubu is a master strategist who will match every rigging tactic PDP will employ!

Gej is a complete disgrace when his achievements are placed alongside ordinary governors like fashola, oshiomole, aregbesola and amosun! The Yoruba's are already used to a better type of governance!

Infact, gej will be the main reason jimi Agbaje will lose in lagos, cos the anti- gej fever is sky high!

Forget the propaganda, gej will be so roundly trounced in Yoruba land, that INEC will be ashamed to announce the actual figures!
Continue deceiving ursef... I just laughed at u guys thinking SW votes is already lock down for APC

Which of the APC gov are you banking on to deliver u votes.. Those that are struggling to keep their head above water? ...Aregbesola that is busy letting his party down in osun(they have started dragging themselves to Court) from imposition to mismanagement of funds... Workers and pensioners nt getting payed to Students that didn't take exam before going on holiday... Or Ajimobi that is facing tough opponents or Amosun that his deputy will be facing nxt yr with support of two influential Senators.. In ondo APC can't even match LP... Keep forming useless permutations

It will clear for ur eyes like carnival on Feb 14

SW Muslims are educated they know what's trending I got to know about KPMG project from a muslim friend upon my addiction to Internet ... Aregbe gave him rice(iresi aregbe) he also collected omisore's rice and voted for LP candidate (akinbade)

Stop thinking they will vote like Northerner they can't be brainwashed

Tinubu that can't successfully rig for aregbe his beloved son... Or did you think omisore went to Court with baseless accusations like fayemi.. He was Impeached, INEC did this did that... Goan ask why aregbe counsel prematurely close his(aregbe) defense during the proceedings on the 8th days of 10 stipulated In he had took a day off using 7 out of 10 days... Why can't he match fayose in ekiti

There is no salami to save ur ass this time around

Let's meet at the polls... Brother

2 Likes

Re: South-west Muslim Council Endorses Jonathan For Re-election by brutef0rce101: 7:04pm On Dec 29, 2014
Rubbish propaganda.
Re: South-west Muslim Council Endorses Jonathan For Re-election by orimsamsam(m): 7:08pm On Dec 29, 2014
It just funny wen a religious leader turn the pulpit to a campaigning ground. If the iman had mention oda region it would ave been beta. But south west is a no go area for jonathan.
I just hope people commenting here can go down to the street of ibadan and ask people who they are going to vote for.
Jonathan has failed sw. And yorubas dont support mediocrity.

5 Likes

Re: South-west Muslim Council Endorses Jonathan For Re-election by Nobody: 7:08pm On Dec 29, 2014
Season of endorsements

(1) (2) (Reply)

List Of People That Will Be Disgraced When Jonathan Eventually Wins / Enter Here Sons And Daugthers Of Biafra Thread / Jonathan Bombed Abuja Oct 1st; Begged Me To Blame North,” Henry Okah Claims.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.