Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,997 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:34 AM

Five Reasons Why You Should Have An MBA Degree - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Five Reasons Why You Should Have An MBA Degree (2472 Views)

Can An MBA Holder Go For A Phd In Management? / M.sc. (business) Management Or An MBA / Is An MBA Prestigious In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Five Reasons Why You Should Have An MBA Degree by ducii: 4:35pm On Dec 29, 2014
When you have a particular target in mind, you will also have a working idea of how to achieve it. You pick up the relevant skills to get to your goal, along the way, and eventually get to your goal. When doing an MBA degree however, this old adage needs to be seriously reconsidered, and here’s why: an MBA degree is more than just a way to get ahead in life and only a few people seriously have what it takes to succeed. If you think you have what it takes then the following five reasons are meant for you, do read on…

Knowledge: While this is the primary consideration of any course, it is especially true for the MBA degree. This particular field of education goes beyond bookish knowledge and really opens a participant’s eyes to practical possibilities all around him. While knowledge is wisdom applied, nowhere is it more true than in an MBA degree, as the precepts that are taught to students are actual insights from real world scenarios that have multiple, potent real world applications. Knowledge is power and an MBA degree makes a student aware of the power he/she possesses, in making decisions that will influence the course of a company’s destiny.

Brand Equity: Much like corporate or product brands, professionals also have a brand equity. This brand equity is expressed through the company one keeps and more pertinently from the institute you graduate from. Another top reason to do an MBA degree from a top institute is to further your brand equity in the eyes of peers, colleagues and employers alike. The value of an MBA is through the institution you complete it from, and it makes a world of difference to your employers as the institution’s brand equity gets transferred to the individual, making it an important reason to consider.

Career Advancement: The simple fact of the matter is that, capability aside, one of the greatest factors in the advancement of ones career is the presence of a valid MBA degree. Whether it is a preconceived notion or fact, perception plays a huge role in career advancement and as such is one of the prime considerations when doing an MBA degree.

Networking: In the modern world, business decisions, career growth and all other positive things happen through networking. An MBA school is the perfect place to make contacts and expand your circle. This simply becomes more poignant in the face of this stat: Among entrepreneurs nearly 6 out of 10 startups received funding through their B-school contacts at angel investors, hedge funds and banks.

Geographical Change: If you’re looking at migrating to a foreign country, a globally recognised MBA is the one degree that will enable you to apply for jobs and be assured that you will be making a better package, anywhere in the world.

An MBA degree is your passport to a new and exciting world. It is therefore a subject for close contemplation and thought. If indeed you do have what it takes to succeed, an MBA degree will open up new avenues for you.

http://www.ventures-africa.com/2014/12/the-top-five-reasons-you-should-have-an-mba-degree/
Re: Five Reasons Why You Should Have An MBA Degree by LogoDWhiz(m): 4:47pm On Dec 29, 2014
I think the MBA you're talking about is Masters in Business Administration.

Thanks for this post.

I have this desire of having a MBA asides my M.Sc.
Already having doubts.
Your post has rekindled the interest
Re: Five Reasons Why You Should Have An MBA Degree by LordMecuzy(m): 5:20pm On Dec 29, 2014
Re: Five Reasons Why You Should Have An MBA Degree by LordMecuzy(m): 5:20pm On Dec 29, 2014
Almost Rounding Up My MBA Programme, But wanna go for a Msc in Accounting my core course Because I can't go for a PhD with an MBA.

Love Your Post OP
Re: Five Reasons Why You Should Have An MBA Degree by ducii: 5:56pm On Dec 29, 2014
LogoDWhiz:
I think the MBA you're talking about is Masters in Business Administration.

Thanks for this post.

I have this desire of having a MBA asides my M.Sc.
Already having doubts.
Your post has rekindled the interest

Thanks, if you have the finances then go for it
Re: Five Reasons Why You Should Have An MBA Degree by ducii: 5:56pm On Dec 29, 2014
LordMecuzy:
Almost Rounding Up My MBA Programme, But wanna go for a Msc in Accounting my core course Because I can't go for a PhD with an MBA.

Love Your Post OP

Thanks
Re: Five Reasons Why You Should Have An MBA Degree by LogoDWhiz(m): 7:18pm On Dec 29, 2014
ducii:

Thanks, if you have the finances then go for it

Uwc! Thanks
Re: Five Reasons Why You Should Have An MBA Degree by Officer101(m): 10:17pm On Dec 29, 2014
Thanks for the information. we must correct the following notions:

- MBA is only for promotion at the place of work.
- You will have automatic admission, just prepare ready your tuition.
- Nothing is been taught, school only use them to generate fund.
- You may not write a single examination, before you have your certificate. e.t.c

1 Like

Re: Five Reasons Why You Should Have An MBA Degree by Dereformer(m): 7:28am On Dec 30, 2014
As far as I am concerned, Msc is higher and better than MBA.

Again, MBA is a terminal degree. You cannot proceed to PHD with it.
Re: Five Reasons Why You Should Have An MBA Degree by ducii: 8:42am On Dec 30, 2014
Dereformer:
As far as I am concerned, Msc is higher and better than MBA.

Again, MBA is a terminal degree. You cannot proceed to PHD with it.

How do you come to that conclusion?, when people who have MSC go ahead to pursue an MBA

1 Like

Re: Five Reasons Why You Should Have An MBA Degree by ducii: 8:43am On Dec 30, 2014
Officer101:
Thanks for the information. we must correct the following notions:

- MBA is only for promotion at the place of work.
- You will have automatic admission, just prepare ready your tuition.
- Nothing is been taught, school only use them to generate fund.
- You may not write a single examination, before you have your certificate. e.t.c

But the course work is usually voluminous, so you don't really need an exam
Re: Five Reasons Why You Should Have An MBA Degree by mrfamous(m): 2:30pm On Jul 17, 2018
So the University of Ibadan now collaborates with Center for Enterprise Management and Research (at CEMAR Campus, Anthony, Lagos.) for its Executive MBA into the following specializations; Business Management, Entrepreneurship Management, Finance, Marketing, Human Resources Management and Public Sector Management.

Admission ongoing.

Tuition is 1,800,000 payable in 4 installments over four semesters.

Contacts; 08034465502, 08027198913, 08035955464

(1) (Reply)

50 Most Influential Young People In Enugu State / What Question Do They Ask In Law Interviews ? / How To Make Money From Your Existing Professional Knowledge Aside Your Salary!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.