Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,166 members, 7,860,182 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 07:27 AM

15 Traits Dat Show You Are A Tribalist. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 15 Traits Dat Show You Are A Tribalist. (1055 Views)

VP Osinbajo’s Trip To India Cancelled After Realizin Dat Saraki Will Take Over / Tribalist Statements Credited To One Of Our Founding Fathers- Sardauna / Sunnybobo, Why Are You A Tribalist,most on Fbi Most Wanted are not (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

15 Traits Dat Show You Are A Tribalist. by Nobody: 4:36pm On Dec 29, 2014
1. U plan to vote in a leader next year not becos u think he's competent or wd move naija forward. But becos of d 'na our broda' or 'na our person' mentality. (da! Afo aday nton!).

2. U can never date or marry someone from anoda simply becos day are not from ur tribe. And u also discourage ur 'brodas/sisters' from dating or marrying someone from anoda tribe.

3. U quickly and rigidly support ur 'broda/sista' in argument, even though he/she may be wrong. But becos na ur person u go support am na, abi? :/

4. When u see ur 'broda/sista' fighting or quarelling with someone from anoda tribe, u quickly jump in and take sides with ur 'broda/sista' without even finding out wot d problem is, who started d fight or who is at fault, simply becos na ur 'broda/sista'.

5. If der is a position to be occupied in ur organisation, u wd first consider ur 'broda/sister' before anyone else, even doe der are ppl who are beta qualified. Why? Na ur town person na, abi?

2 Likes

Re: 15 Traits Dat Show You Are A Tribalist. by Nobody: 4:54pm On Dec 29, 2014
6. Ur quick to confront or even attack anyone from anoda tribe that says anytin negative abt ur tribe. And it doesn't mata if wot day are saying is true or false, and u dont want to know if it's a joke or not. Why? Nobody has any right to say anytin negative abt ur tribe, abi?

7. 99% of ur contacts, friends and business coligs are from ur tribe. Ur tailor, doctor and lawyer is from ur tribe. And u will rada buy a product from ur broda/sista dan from som1 from anoda tribe, even doe d product offered by d oda fellow is beta dan dat offered by ur broda/sista.

8. When ur discussing with someone from anoda tribe in english language and som1 from anoda tribe shows up, u quickly switch ova to ur dialect without even considering d person sitting next to u or even be polite enof to say 'pls excuse me'. Why? Becos u think u dont need permission from no one to speak ur dialect abi? No wahala. But why do u get offended when someone from anoda tribe does d exact same tin to u? Why na? sad

9. When u meet someone for d first time and u find d person interesting, fun-to-be-with, intelligent and lively, u immediately ask to know wot tribe he/she hails from. And when d person is not from ur tribe or from the tribe ur okay with, u immediately begin to lose interest in d person.(shame on ushocked)

10. When u find urself in a gathering of mixed multitude, or in a new environment(like nysc camp), u immediately look for som1 from ur tribe to attach urself to. And den u guys begin to speak ur dialect, even if u mite be disturbing odas, and u guys begin to do everytin togeda, day gum-gum una sef like say na d same mama born una, and u feel little or zero interest to mingle with ppl from oda tribes. (baba, ur from d zoo).

1 Like

Re: 15 Traits Dat Show You Are A Tribalist. by Haywhymido(m): 4:59pm On Dec 29, 2014
Bro,u said it all. Dat's wot is killing us in obodo nigeria. I careless if u belong to my tribe, all i want to knw is can u serve us well without been bias?? do u av wot it takes to be a leader/representative of ur people? Do u av d qualities i look out 4 in candidates? SAY NO TO TRIBALISM. Dat is d only way forward in nigeria.
Re: 15 Traits Dat Show You Are A Tribalist. by docsholz(m): 5:02pm On Dec 29, 2014
All Nigerians are tribalists some are just better at hiding it than others, including the tribe that's always complaining about it

1 Like

Re: 15 Traits Dat Show You Are A Tribalist. by Ikengawo: 5:05pm On Dec 29, 2014
docsholz:
All Nigerians are tribalists some are just better at hiding it than others, including the tribe that's always complaining about it
This is true. I think an open tribalist is a more reasonable person than a hidden one. A hidden tribalist is lying to an audience that doesn't exist or believe them.

Every Nigerian is proud of their tribe, and in being proud they will prefer their own before they prefer another. That is simple human nature and anyone trying to say they're otherwise needs to get their head checked. I think our best solution is building a Nigeria that doesn't pretend we're all the same or that our ethnic heritages are something we should put in the background or try to forget. If you ask me to choose between Igbo history and Nigerian history, I will pick Igbo history as the one that makes me proudest unless Obasanjo stealing your money and Abacha dying with prostitutes is a point of pride for you. A yoruba, hausa, tiv, kalabari man will say the same.
Re: 15 Traits Dat Show You Are A Tribalist. by Nobody: 5:11pm On Dec 29, 2014
11. If u get pissed when 'ur broda/sista' bears an english name becos u feel ppl from ur tribe MUST bear a native name, even doe dia surname is already a native name.

12. If u often criticise oda tribes becos u feel ur tribe is d beta dan oda tribes in all aspects even doe u know dat der are certain tins dat oda tribes do beta dan ur tribe, u just blatantly deny dat fact. Or u often feel threatened dat oda tribes are trying to oppress u becos of ur tribe.

13. When ur overseas and you meet a fellow Nigerian, u call him broda or sista, even doe he's not from ur tribe. But when u meet someone from ur tribe, u abandon dis ya Nigerian broda to follow ur tribal-broda.

14. U feel uncomfortable, irritated and sometimes threatened when ur in d midst of ppl who do not speak ur dialect and come from a different tribe. (bros, u know yaself nawink

15. When u always encourage oda ppl from ya tribe to engage in all dis lousy behaviours and u dont see any need for an improved thinking pattern. Bros ur fuccken tribalistic mehn!

Okay na! Ayav tried!

If u get one or two of dis traits, which most of us do have, no wahala, na normal tin. But u can still improve cos der ia always room for improvement. Na basic tribalism be dat. But if ur symptoms plenty pass 5 or if e rish like 10, nna na advanced clinical tribalism day worry u.

Feel free to add urs.

~Obongproff~ cheesy
Re: 15 Traits Dat Show You Are A Tribalist. by atlwireles: 5:12pm On Dec 29, 2014
docsholz:

I make it a point of life to avoid anybody saying tribe does not matter to them. Because such people are normally the worse tribalist.
Re: 15 Traits Dat Show You Are A Tribalist. by docsholz(m): 5:13pm On Dec 29, 2014
Ikengawo:

This is true. I think an open tribalist is a more reasonable person than a hidden one. A hidden tribalist is lying to an audience that doesn't exist or believe them.

Every Nigerian is proud of their tribe, and in being proud they will prefer their own before they prefer another. That is simple human nature and anyone trying to say they're otherwise needs to get their head checked. I think our best solution is building a Nigeria that doesn't pretend we're all the same or that our ethnic heritages are something we should put in the background or try to forget. If you ask me to choose between Igbo history and Nigerian history, I will pick Igbo history as the one that makes me proudest unless Obasanjo stealing your money and Abacha dying with prostitutes is a point of pride for you. A yoruba, hausa, tiv, kalabari man will say the same.

i concur, I'd prefer outright breakup sha
Re: 15 Traits Dat Show You Are A Tribalist. by dplordx(m): 5:16pm On Dec 29, 2014
Attributes of the typical Ibotic tribalistic racist facist grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: 15 Traits Dat Show You Are A Tribalist. by Caseless: 5:18pm On Dec 29, 2014
God knows I dont have all these irritating traits typical of many Nigerians.
Go On With One Nigeria =GOWON!

1 Like

Re: 15 Traits Dat Show You Are A Tribalist. by Nobody: 5:33pm On Dec 29, 2014
so you dnt know that before?
Re: 15 Traits Dat Show You Are A Tribalist. by tpia2005: 5:38pm On Dec 29, 2014
What is with this op and always attacking other tribes?
Re: 15 Traits Dat Show You Are A Tribalist. by owobokiri(m): 5:38pm On Dec 29, 2014
Op, check your dictionary; do you have "tribalistic" there?
Re: 15 Traits Dat Show You Are A Tribalist. by Nobody: 9:46pm On Dec 29, 2014
dplordx:
Attributes of the typical Ibotic tribalistic racist facist grin grin grin grin

why you day find trouble?
Re: 15 Traits Dat Show You Are A Tribalist. by Nobody: 9:47pm On Dec 29, 2014
tpia2005:
What is with this op and always attacking other tribes?

bab, I don attack ur tribe before?

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Blames Parent For His Credential Saga!! / Buhari`s Heart Touching Speech.. / 50 Facts You Don't Know About The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.