Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,597 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:48 PM

Tribalist Statements Credited To One Of Our Founding Fathers- Sardauna - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tribalist Statements Credited To One Of Our Founding Fathers- Sardauna (31327 Views)

Interesting Things About Sir Ahmadu Bello, The Sardauna (Warlord) Of Sokoto / Nzeogwu; How We Killed Sardauna (video) / Video Footage Of Aguiyi-ironsi, Nzeogwu, Sardauna’s House, Katsina…. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tribalist Statements Credited To One Of Our Founding Fathers- Sardauna by Nobody: 3:43am On Feb 21, 2012
Good morning house,
Please i would like to share this link below with you all,so that you can all critically analyze this statement and judge if it is right.I know it is wrong to speak evil of the dead,but i was shocked at the sardauna for making this kind of remarks against the igbos.From what i see the majority of the northern elites live in fear of the igbos because of their resilience and tenacity and as such they make them targets for all forms of discrimination and marginalisation.Please house watch this video using this link and share your opinions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8y1Zpk4DrlA&feature=related
Re: Tribalist Statements Credited To One Of Our Founding Fathers- Sardauna by BlackPikiN(m): 3:50am On Feb 21, 2012
Lol, U nefa see anything.

Samuel Ladoke Akintola made the same hate speech too.
But most Igbos didnt realise that was the most open hate speech ever delivered publicly in Nigeria.
He spoke in yoruba.

If na Igbo man, dem for don abuse am tire say na tribalist blah blah blah.
Re: Tribalist Statements Credited To One Of Our Founding Fathers- Sardauna by DuduNegro: 3:56am On Feb 21, 2012
none of that is tribalist. why do you go infest their cities in North, what were you doing there, is that your land?

It will make sense that Akintola said the same thing because of the three major tribes, igbo is the wrong majority. Your people are uncultured and lack values and moral codes which the other two cherish and live by.
Re: Tribalist Statements Credited To One Of Our Founding Fathers- Sardauna by aljharem(m): 4:01am On Feb 21, 2012
BlackPikiN:

Lol, U nefa see anything.

Samuel Ladoke Akintola made the same hate speech too.
But most Igbos didnt realise that was the most open hate speech ever delivered publicly in Nigeria.
He spoke in yoruba.

If na Igbo man, dem for don abuse am tire say na tribalist blah blah blah.

can you shut it,  angry angry angry angry angry angry

[size=13pt]1. Sardanua made that speech because it is the truth ( the truth hurts). Back then, we had 3 Nations in a country and each protected her own interest. Sardauna MADE IT CLEAR FROM DAY ONE THAT HE DID NOT WANT NIGERIA BUT NNAMDI FORCED HIM.

2. I bet you could not understand a word in what Akintola said but ignorantly mentioned Akintola. Akintola wanted an explanation why the VC in the 2 western region universities were Igbo and even worse employed only Igbos out of 109, the 2  and only VC in the western region employed 106 Igbos in Ibadan and lagos and 3 yoruba lecturals. He wanted to know why out of 12 ministers in Nnamdi's carbinat, only 1 yoruba was their and even the position according to him would wasted and useless.

Hw wanted to know why Nnamdi and Igbo leaders were Oppression and marginalising them. Thus shut it if you do not know Akintola or what he made of his speech[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Tribalist Statements Credited To One Of Our Founding Fathers- Sardauna by Nobody: 4:10am On Feb 21, 2012
For me i do not think the igbos were marginalizing anyone.Go to wikipedia and research on the history of the Igbo tribe youn would find out that though the yorubas had adopted western education,the igbos were the ones that readily interacted with the colonial masters in their way of life and worked with them in lower cadre capacity and in business traded with them.Thus with the amalgamation of both protectorates came an influx of the igbo to the west and the north both to work in the colonial civil service and also to trade with the whites and the locals of both regions.So please let us look at facts before making assertions. pre and post independence era check the population of igbos in the skilled labour in relation to other ethnic groups,you'll find that they were more so it was logical that they were at the helm of affairs in the polity at that time.

2 Likes

Re: Tribalist Statements Credited To One Of Our Founding Fathers- Sardauna by aljharem(m): 4:27am On Feb 21, 2012
obynzo:

For me i do not think the igbos were marginalizing anyone.

Hmmmmmm yes you did and it was well recorded.

obynzo:

Go to wikipedia and research on the history of the Igbo tribe youn would find out that though the yorubas had adopted western education,the igbos were the ones that readily interacted with the colonial masters in their way of life and worked with them in lower cadre capacity and in business traded with them.

Igbos readily took up western ways just like the way they easily become hausa or yoruba. It is good. Did you know Ojukwu spoke Hausa, Yoruba and Igbo quite clearly ?

At the end of the day, it has not explain the marginalization and what I wrote up there,

obynzo:

Thus with the amalgamation of both protectorates came an influx of the igbo to the west and the north both to work in the colonial civil service and also to trade with the whites and the locals of both regions.So please let us look at facts before making assertions.

The amalgamation of both protectorate was the worst mistake we Nigerians ever made. Would you agree with me ?

obynzo:

pre and post independence era check the population of igbos in the skilled labour in relation to other ethnic groups,you'll find that they were more so it was logical that they were at the helm of affairs in the polity at that time.

Back then, they were educated people and skilled labours in every region so please don't start telling me Igbos alone. In 1954 or so during the pre independence, we all ready had north for northerner. Igbos that were doctors were asked to leave the north for northern doctors.

While the west took a more gentle approach by talking to Nnamdi and other Igbo leaders to form southern Nigeria. Nnamdi disregarded him and imprisoned him. An opposition to Awolowo even had to speak out back then. it was that bad.

I read one of Ojukwu memos where he said something about Igbos runned everything with a few yoruba brains. I looked and laughied at the propect of yorubas in Southern Nigeria if Nnamdi listen to Awo. I keep thanking God for directing things aright.

In a country where you don't see yourselves as equals, how do you expect to progress ?

Ok now that things are more equally balanced from my POV, why are Igbo leaders complaining ?

Is it not your Bible that says " Treat others as you want yourself to be treated".

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tribalist Statements Credited To One Of Our Founding Fathers- Sardauna by Nobody: 4:41am On Feb 21, 2012
If you will agree with me the hatred against the igbo is highly unfounded.Every tribe has its own darkside but we are made scapegoats because of our industrious nature. Sardauna made a comment which for me and alj harem if you will agree its false that the igbo want to dominate. If that be the case we would have dominated Lagos since. The only way for tribalism to end is for us to understand that we are all Nigerians first and tribe comes next.What i expected sardauna to do was to adopt a form of sharing arrangement. where the proportion of local indigienes to migrants is abt 60:40 or 70:30 to allow for more rights instead of outright evacuation of migrants from the region.And that stereotypical statement made by him still forms the common ideology in the north towards the Igbo.Please like i said let us be objective and lets not allow sentiments to cloud our judgement of the matter.
I am Igbo but i support an arrangement where locals are given priority over migrants just to ensure stability in a complex society like ours mind you the migrants in question are also Nigerians so we should consider that.I posted sardauna's video to show you how myopic that ideology he had was.
Re: Tribalist Statements Credited To One Of Our Founding Fathers- Sardauna by BlackPikiN(m): 4:48am On Feb 21, 2012
alj harem:

can you shut it,  angry angry angry angry angry angry

[size=13pt]1. Sardanua made that speech because it is the truth ( the truth hurts). Back then, we had 3 Nations in a country and each protected her own interest. Sardauna MADE IT CLEAR FROM DAY ONE THAT HE DID NOT WANT NIGERIA BUT NNAMDI FORCED HIM.

2. I bet you could not understand a word in what Akintola said but ignorantly mentioned Akintola. Akintola wanted an explanation why the VC in the 2 western region universities were Igbo and even worse employed only Igbos out of 109, the 2  and only VC in the western region employed 106 Igbos in Ibadan and lagos and 3 yoruba lecturals. He wanted to know why out of 12 ministers in Nnamdi's carbinat, only 1 yoruba was their and even the position according to him would wasted and useless.

Hw wanted to know why Nnamdi and Igbo leaders were Oppression and marginalising them. Thus shut it if you do not know Akintola or what he made of his speech[/size]

What nonsense did you just write?
Was that all he said in the 3 videos online?

You are a freaking liar!
You think say na only una dey understand una language?
Re: Tribalist Statements Credited To One Of Our Founding Fathers- Sardauna by Nobody: 5:17am On Feb 21, 2012
If you will agree with me the hatred against the igbo is highly unfounded.Every tribe has its own darkside but we are made scapegoats because of our industrious nature. Sardauna made a comment which for me and alj harem if you will agree its false that the igbo want to dominate. If that be the case we would have dominated Lagos since. The only way for tribalism to end is for us to understand that we are all Nigerians first and tribe comes next.What i expected sardauna to do was to adopt a form of sharing arrangement. where the proportion of local indigienes to migrants is abt 60:40 or 70:30 to allow for more rights instead of outright evacuation of migrants from the region.And that stereotypical statement made by him still forms the common ideology in the north towards the Igbo.Please like i said let us be objective and lets not allow sentiments to cloud our judgement of the matter.
[b]I am Igbo but i support an arrangement where locals are given priority over migrants just to ensure stability in a complex society like ours mind you the migrants in question are also Nigerians so we should consider that.[/b]I posted sardauna's video to show you how myopic that ideology he had was.

Referring to the bolded. Such a situation is very untenable and in Nigeria will create a society where all citizens will not have equal status. I believe that all Nigerian must have equal rights where ever they reside otherwise there is no point remaining as on country.
Re: Tribalist Statements Credited To One Of Our Founding Fathers- Sardauna by kettykin: 5:28am On Feb 21, 2012
the same sarduana accused igbos of doing is the same thing his people are trying to do to jos people. It is now more than 40 years since he made the comment and what has really changed ,if he had not made that comment probably the north would have been 1 big commercial and industrialized region.

1 Like

Re: Tribalist Statements Credited To One Of Our Founding Fathers- Sardauna by naijaking1: 5:46am On Feb 21, 2012
kettykin:

the same sarduana accused igbos of doing is the same thing his people are trying to do to jos people. It is now more than 40 years since he made the comment and what has really changed ,if he had not made that comment probably the north would have been 1 big commercial and industrialized region.

Good comment.
On analyzing the video a second time, I noticed sarduana intense fear for Igbos. This fear came across as hatred, but there was something about Igbos that gave the man peptic ulcer!
In the US, racist southern politicians who voted against the civil right bill are ashamed and have lost face, because history has not jsutified their actions. As uneducated, mean-spirited, and ill-motivated as the sarduana was more than 40 years ago, the worst aspect of the debate is that despite current evidence that unity of this country should trump tribal and secterian loyalty, many politicians and N/L still abide and preach sarduana's gospel of hatred not just against Igbos, but against all easterners defined as Igbos by Akintola and his northern slave master sarduana.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tribalist Statements Credited To One Of Our Founding Fathers- Sardauna by Dainfamous: 6:05am On Feb 21, 2012
You see how dark this people are to igbos,/SS and you wonder which-human being in this planet will hate investors in their society undecided people have dark mind in Nigeria and is scary sad sad sad
Re: Tribalist Statements Credited To One Of Our Founding Fathers- Sardauna by DuduNegro: 6:13am On Feb 21, 2012
For me i do not think the igbos were marginalizing anyone.Go to wikipedia and research on the history of the Igbo tribe youn would find out that though the yorubas had adopted western education,the igbos were the ones that readily interacted with the colonial masters in their way of life and worked with them in lower cadre capacity and in business traded with them.Thus with the amalgamation of both protectorates came an influx of the igbo to the west and the north both to work in the colonial civil service and also to trade with the whites and the locals of both regions.So please let us look at facts before making assertions. pre and post independence era check the population of igbos in the skilled labour in relation to other ethnic groups,you'll find that they were more so it was logical that they were at the helm of affairs in the polity at that time.

There were two classes of Europeans.  There were also two classes of Nigerians.  

On the European side you have the Portuguese and the British.  None of them was good but in terms of goodwill and fairness of hand, Portuguese was a far better ally and trustworthy friend to invite into your home.

On the Nigerian side, you have the Kingship societies and you have the clannish society.  Neither of them was good to the other but in terms of value and trustworthiness the Igbo society had no orderliness or set of values that the Kingship societies can relference and relate to.  

Yoruba people had contacts and traded with Portuguese long before your contact with British. They, the British, studied each tribe and recorded the attributes. They used these attributes in a mix/match manner to effect irritation at a local tribal land by employing an attribute of the other tribe that is guaranteed to set off discord when introduced locally.  

Fortunately for them, you both share an attribute which most people find very offensive - blindness to universal mores!

Igbo people do not understand the customs and rituals of host-guest relationships when visiting Yoruba or Hausa tribal lands.  I will use the illustration of a household to highlight.  

When you invite Igbo to be a guest in your house, you are hoping that you would not have to announce when visitation is over and it's time for them to leave; and that he would leave of his own recognition for proper manners and etiquettes.  This expected self-recognition does not normally happen in an Igbo person. Using hints and cues to externally trigger the recognition is a waste of time also.  You are trying not to have to tell the guest abruptly to leave. . . . your upbringing and cultural values teaches that it will be a rude treatment of a guest and must be avoided.  Meanwhile your guest does not come from the same value stream that taught you this moral lesson and is sitting there blind to your inconvenience and difficulty, no sign of getting up and leaving anytime soon. So you finally break step with cultural code and announce to this guest that meal is over and you have other things to go attend to with family. . .  still being gentle and reasonable, not wanting to hurt Igbo man's feeling.

Your guest then tells you that he ate too much and would like to use the toilet.  Now, you don't want to kick out a person in such pressing situation, so you show him to the toilet.  After a long time relieving himself he comes out and says, oh by the way. . . he has an errand next morning at the house down the block and he would appreciate your generosity if you could accomodate him for the night so he does not have to go through much palaver getting back to this side early next morning.  He is plotting, you are not. . . . so each request or demand comes to you unexpectedly and hard to turn down.  Remember, you are a product of your cultural value system and your reactions are still been guarded by the mores of that culture to accomodate and to be of good character, not spiteful, not cold and not tarnish your name.  Your guest likewise is a product of his cultural value system and accomodation, name and all those other good character stuffs are not part of his values.  So you yield and okayed for him to stay overnight.  You get a guest room ready for him.

Overnight, Igbo person plots some more.  Ifeanyi should go to school down here.  Chijike can have the shop next door to sell spare parts.  

You wake to the smell of breakfast cooking.  You go in your kitchen and to your amazement, there is your Igbo guest, a loin cloth wrapped round his waist. . . he is frying eggs to go with his toast and coffee.  You look at the clock. . .and wonder when is his so called early morning errand.  You glance back at him. . . no sign of preparedness to depart any time soon.  You are annoyed and irritated.  So you tell him bluntly. . . . when is your errand, I will be leaving soon and need to lock the house when I leave.  He replies, soon as I finish eating breakfast!  He then asked you if you know how much rent they want for the shop next door.  

Let me stop here!   grin   This narrative is the prototype Igboman going to other people land not to be a guest. . . . but to be an occupant.  He lacks the outlook on sophisticated social contacts and his ways are brute and offensive. . . rough and blunt, far below the state of evolved spirits with high level of mannerisms and public carriage.  Those brought up in highly ordered social cultures find his ways repugnant and foul. . . corruption and gluttony are in the glass of his eyeballs wherever he goes.  This makes him the target of those conservatives madly intoxicated by the call of patriotism to cleanse and renew the soil of their fatherland from the stains of gluttony and bloodmoney.

Akintola was not tribalist, neither was Sardauna. . . . Igbos are simply blind to see when they have overstayed their visit!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tribalist Statements Credited To One Of Our Founding Fathers- Sardauna by kettykin: 6:25am On Feb 21, 2012
@ poster , does your funny analysis apply to the chinese and indians too. How about the yorubas in london or is it applying only to igbos who came to lagos to do business in a country that decided to have only 1 deep sea port in a congested direlict city and locate all the petroleum company hq there eventhough the oil wells are else where
Re: Tribalist Statements Credited To One Of Our Founding Fathers- Sardauna by bashr8: 6:28am On Feb 21, 2012
Dudu_Negro:

There were two classes of Europeans.  There were also two classes of Nigerians.  

On the European side you have the Portuguese and the British.  None of them was good but in terms of goodwill and fairness of hand, Portuguese was a far better ally and trustworthy friend to invite into your home.

On the Nigerian side, you have the Kingship societies and you have the clannish society.  Neither of them was good to the other but in terms of value and trustworthiness the Igbo society had no orderliness or set of values that the Kingship societies can relference and relate to.  

Yoruba people had contacts and traded with Portuguese long before your contact with British. They, the British, studied each tribe and recorded the attributes. They used these attributes in a mix/match manner to effect irritation at a local tribal land by employing an attribute of the other tribe that is guaranteed to set off discord when introduced locally.  

Fortunately for them, you both share an attribute which most people find very offensive - blindness to universal mores!

Igbo people do not understand the customs and rituals of host-guest relationships when visiting Yoruba or Hausa tribal lands.  I will use the illustration of a household to highlight.  

When you invite Igbo to be a guest in your house, you are hoping that you would not have to announce when visitation is over and it's time for them to leave; and that he would leave of his own recognition for proper manners and etiquettes.  This expected self-recognition does not normally happen in an Igbo person. Using hints and cues to externally trigger the recognition is a waste of time also.  You are trying not to have to tell the guest abruptly to leave. . . . your upbringing and cultural values teaches that it will be a rude treatment of a guest and must be avoided.  Meanwhile your guest does not come from the same value stream that taught you this moral lesson and is sitting there blind to your inconvenience and difficulty, no sign of getting up and leaving anytime soon. So you finally break step with cultural code and announce to this guest that meal is over and you have other things to go attend to with family. . .  still being gentle and reasonable, not wanting to hurt Igbo man's feeling.

Your guest then tells you that he ate too much and would like to use the toilet.  Now, you don't want to kick out a person in such pressing situation, so you show him to the toilet.  After a long time relieving himself he comes out and says, oh by the way. . . he has an errand next morning at the house down the block and he would appreciate your generosity if you could accomodate him for the night so he does not have to go through much palaver getting back to this side early next morning.  He is plotting, you are not. . . . so each request or demand comes to you unexpectedly and hard to turn down.  Remember, you are a product of your cultural value system and your reactions are still been guarded by the mores of that culture to accomodate and to be of good character, not spiteful, not cold and not tarnish your name.  Your guest likewise is a product of his cultural value system and accomodation, name and all those other good character stuffs are not part of his values.  So you yield and okayed for him to stay overnight.  You get a guest room ready for him.

Overnight, Igbo person plots some more.  Ifeanyi should go to school down here.  Chijike can have the shop next door to sell spare parts.  

You wake to the smell of breakfast cooking.  You go in your kitchen and to your amazement, there is your Igbo guest, a loin cloth wrapped round his waist. . . he is frying eggs to go with his toast and coffee.  You look at the clock. . .and wonder when is his so called early morning errand.  You glance back at him. . . no sign of preparedness to depart any time soon.  You are annoyed and irritated.  So you tell him bluntly. . . . when is your errand, I will be leaving soon and need to lock the house when I leave.  He replies, soon as I finish eating breakfast!  He then asked you if you know how much rent they want for the shop next door.  

Let me stop here!   grin   This narrative is the prototype Igboman going to other people land not to be a guest. . . . but to be an occupant.  He lacks the outlook on sophisticated social contacts and his ways are brute and offensive. . . rough and blunt, far below the state of evolved spirits with high level of mannerisms and public carriage.  Those brought up in highly ordered social cultures find his ways repugnant and foul. . . corruption and gluttony are in the glass of his eyeballs wherever he goes.  This makes him the target of those conservatives madly intoxicated by the call of patriotism to cleanse and renew the soil of their fatherland from the stains of gluttony and bloodmoney.

Akintola was not tribalist, neither was Sardauna. . . . Igbos are simply blind to see when they have overstayed their visit!

the same way dirty yorubas are not ony asking to be occupants in igboland but dmanding for free land , who gives out free land to tenants? your mad that igbos buy lands and properties in yorubaland yet yorubas come to igboland to beg for free land , shamless and lazy people na tribalism go kill una. igbos have evolved to modern humans that understand no matter your religion ,colour tribe etc humans can live peacefully in any society they find thamselves as long as you dont go attacking peopole , just do your thing, pay your tax. go abut your buisness and build a comfortable home for your family but no yoruba and hausa savages have not yet evolved to that yet they keep asking for free oil money from the east.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tribalist Statements Credited To One Of Our Founding Fathers- Sardauna by bashr8: 6:30am On Feb 21, 2012
kettykin:

@ poster , does your funny analysis apply to the chinese and indians too. How about the yorubas in london or is it applying only to igbos who came to lagos to do business in a country that decided to have only 1 deep sea port in a congested direlict city and locate all the petroleum company hq there eventhough the oil wells are else where

because yorubas and hausas are sell out, saraduna said he would rather employ an outsider than a southerner which includes yorubas yet these yorubas like slaves are already out to defend him.
Re: Tribalist Statements Credited To One Of Our Founding Fathers- Sardauna by DuduNegro: 6:45am On Feb 21, 2012
because yorubas and hausas are sell out, saraduna said he would rather employ an outsider than a southerner which includes yorubas yet these yorubas like slaves are already out to defend him.

ah, ode! Benue is North, Kogi is North, Kwara is North. So when you say Northerner is killing your people, are you referring to Kwarans, Kogites and Benuens? NO!

Yoruba and Hausa have been trade partners long before South and North exist. . . long before there was anything called Nigeria. Our identity did not change after Nigeria was created and they know us. However, they do not know you. . . . you are a strange people to them When they say South, they are referring to you in East because thats how they know you. In fact, Yorubaland had two protectorates - Lagos and Niger protectorates. You in the East was initially called Southern protectorate. It was later expanded to include Yorubaland. So Sardauna knew the evolution of the protectorates and he was not drunk when he said Southern . . . . neither are his followers today blind when they say Southern. If you ask them to clarify they will tell you they talking about Ibo.

1 Like

Re: Tribalist Statements Credited To One Of Our Founding Fathers- Sardauna by bashr8: 6:49am On Feb 21, 2012
Dudu_Negro:

ah, ode! Benue is North, Kogi is North, Kwara is North. So when you say Northerner is killing your people, are you referring to Kwarans, Kogites and Benuens? NO!

Yoruba and Hausa have been trade partners long before South and North exist. . . long before there was anything called Nigeria. Our identity did not change after Nigeria was created and they know us. However, they do not know you. . . . you are a strange people to them When they say South, they are referring to you in East because thats how they know you. In fact, Yorubaland had two protectorates - Lagos and Niger protectorates. You in the East was initially called Southern protectorate. It was later expanded to include Yorubaland. So Sardauna knew the evolution of the protectorates and he was not drunk when he said Southern . . . . neither are his followers today blind when they say Southern. If you ask them to clarify they will tell you they talking about Ibo.

clap for yourself , slave , up till today they are still marginalising you from top government positions and killed all your leaders, the same way they used their army to occupy the whole yorubaland during the counter coup , keep up the ass licking. i have told you parasites several times to declare odua and arewa republic and end your misery once and for all or shut the Bleep up.

1 Like

Re: Tribalist Statements Credited To One Of Our Founding Fathers- Sardauna by DuduNegro: 7:01am On Feb 21, 2012
how is telling the truth becomes slavery? Okay lets look at other places outside of North that similarly have problem with you.

Ghana people are our cousins on the West coast. . . . we have traded and intermarried for centuries no problem. Soon as Ibo started going to Kumasi and Accra. . . Ghanaians now hate Nigerians.

Cameroon. . . . those people cannot stand your as s . They are right there across your border to the East and yet they dont want you.

Yorubas cant stand you. . . we know that!

Hausas wont evel let you breathe. . . we know that!

Bashr, can u please tell me who in this part of the world who have had to interact with you and taste your occupation of their land , , , ,any out there that love you? Feel free to go to other continents to find lovers if you can. Any ibo lover out there? Ehn, tell me. You think this is tribalism and slavery? Own your reality dude. . . . igbo tribe as a whole need a new branding, . .and it aint Biafra!

1 Like

Re: Tribalist Statements Credited To One Of Our Founding Fathers- Sardauna by bashr8: 7:12am On Feb 21, 2012
Dudu_Negro:

how is telling the truth becomes slavery? Okay lets look at other places outside of North that similarly have problem with you.

Ghana people are our cousins on the West coast. . . . we have traded and intermarried for centuries no problem. Soon as Ibo started going to Kumasi and Accra. . . Ghanaians now hate Nigerians.

Cameroon. . . . those people cannot stand your as s . They are right there across your border to the East and yet they dont want you.

Yorubas cant stand you. . . we know that!

Hausas wont evel let you breathe. . . we know that!

Bashr, can u please tell me who in this part of the world who have had to interact with you and taste your occupation of their land , , , ,any out there that love you? Feel free to go to other continents to find lovers if you can. Any ibo lover out there? Ehn, tell me. You think this is tribalism and slavery? Own your reality dude. . . . igbo tribe as a whole need a new branding, . .and it aint Biafra!

monkey the same ghana people that are deporting yorubas and was it not yorubas that carried out the famous ghana must go cus it never happened in the east up till today ghananians live peacefully in igboland while yorubas keep deporting them, well yorubas have no shame cus even lagos deport fellow yorubas.

so like i said you are yet to evolve and understand human relationship, you people are too loud mouthed , jealous and will do anything to bring down your neighbours. igbos do not have any problem with anybody in any part of the world cus first of all we dont live in communities , like i said keep licking the ass of our aboki slave masters when they go on their blood sucking rampage it wont matter if your igbo , yoruba, berom , tiv infact you should be worried they have not only snatched kwara state from yorubas but are also killing you in yorubaland shamless thing.
Re: Tribalist Statements Credited To One Of Our Founding Fathers- Sardauna by bashr8: 7:14am On Feb 21, 2012
igbos cant stand yoruba and hausas and have always demanded we go our seperate way but gues who wants us to remain one? yeah parasitic yoruba and hausas. igbos will continue to voice seperation or at least true federalism but yorubas will always sell out and later come out to compalin how igbos are dominating everything.

1 Like

Re: Tribalist Statements Credited To One Of Our Founding Fathers- Sardauna by DuduNegro: 7:22am On Feb 21, 2012
Yoruba people want to love you. . . .and we can, but we refuse to love an agressor.  It does not appear yet that you have been cured of your aggressive nature.  When we see a different Igbo. . . a new brand of Igbo that is lovable. . . we will warm up to you. cool  

Hausas know which boundary to cross in their rampage.  Go and read your history again and know that there was a reason why their Sultan lamented in disgust that Yorubas are selling his people into slavery.  Why were Yorubas selling Hausa/Fulani into slavery?  Go read.

In response to your post, there is refugee camp in Imo, you dont see a refugee camp in Yorubaland.  Do you know why you have a refugee camp in the heartland of Alaigbo?   Some of your brothers up there in Kano have taken oath and commitment to die defending their property than to come to village and die for Biafran cause.  What a shame!
Re: Tribalist Statements Credited To One Of Our Founding Fathers- Sardauna by Jisunpack: 7:24am On Feb 21, 2012
No one sees Youraba as slaves in the north. The only people having problem are the Igbos whom have bungled the opportunity of earning the the trust of other regions. The perception cut across to down south. Ask any Urhobo man his perception of Igbos his proclaimation wont differ from what a northerner would say. The sharp practices, cheat and lies in business is what normally turn people against Igbos. You may want to deny it all that but wont change the fact on ground.
Re: Tribalist Statements Credited To One Of Our Founding Fathers- Sardauna by DuduNegro: 7:30am On Feb 21, 2012
Azikiwe kept you in as a member of Nigeria. Awolowo wanted confederacy, and Zik plotted behind his back to defeat talks on confederacy because he Zik was , typical Ibo, greedy!

Ibo do not dominate anything in Nigeria. . . .what do you dominate, sub standard products? That is in line with your social values - a sub standard of mores and unsophisiticated outlook on social contacts. What else should we expect you to prioduce. . . an above par product? shyyyt!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tribalist Statements Credited To One Of Our Founding Fathers- Sardauna by bashr8: 7:32am On Feb 21, 2012
Ji_sun_pack:

No one sees Youraba as slaves in the north. The only people having problem are the Igbos whom have bungled the opportunity of earning the the trust of other regions. The perception cut across to down south. Ask any Urhobo man his perception of Igbos his proclaimation wont differ from what a northerner would say. The sharp practices, cheat and lies in business is what normally turn people against Igbos. You may want to deny it all that but wont change the fact on ground.
]
be a man and stop changing ids , is that reason your leaders have robbed the country blind .

Dudu_Negro:

Yoruba people want to love you. . . .and we can, but we refuse to love an agressor.  It does not appear yet that you have been cured of your aggressive nature.  When we see a different Igbo. . . a new brand of Igbo that is lovable. . . we will warm up to you. cool  

Hausas know which boundary to cross in their rampage.  Go and read your history again and know that there was a reason why their Sultan lamented in disgust that Yorubas are selling his people into slavery.  Why were Yorubas selling Hausa/Fulani into slavery?  Go read.

In response to your post, there is refugee camp in Imo, you dont see a refugee camp in Yorubaland.  Do you know why you have a refugee camp in the heartland of Alaigbo?   Some of your brothers up there in Kano have taken oath and commitment to die defending their property than to come to village and die for Biafran cause.  What a shame!  

has it changed the fact that igbos dont want you and dont want to be in the same country as you, do your self a favour and form your own country no igbo man will notice you even did so , whatever happens to igbo man in north also happens to yorube man thats why i call you a slave for even northern minorities are fighting their way out but no yoruba ass lickers must always protect their masters interest, and when time comes any of your leader that dares to speak against them will be killed. we dont want you , you are too backward , wicked and loud mouthed and too fraudlent for our liking
Re: Tribalist Statements Credited To One Of Our Founding Fathers- Sardauna by DuduNegro: 7:35am On Feb 21, 2012
I feel sympathy for their cause sometimes but fools like bashr need his Igbo pound every now and then.  Im surprised Nchara has not turned up.  

Hey bashr, go wake Nchara and tell him get in here.  Tell him Negro in here to pound his pygymy head.

1 Like

Re: Tribalist Statements Credited To One Of Our Founding Fathers- Sardauna by bashr8: 7:37am On Feb 21, 2012
Dudu_Negro:

Azikiwe kept you in as a member of Nigeria.  Awolowo wanted confederacy, and Zik plotted behind his back to defeat talks on confederacy because he Zik was , typical Ibo, greedy!  

Ibo do not dominate anything in Nigeria. . . .what do you dominate, sub standard products?   That is in line with your social values - a sub standard of mores and unsophisiticated outlook on social contacts.  What else should we expect you to prioduce. . . an above par product?  shyyyt!!!
typical agbero mentality , igbos will continue to be manufacturers and inventors , the pride of africa ,so na wetin dey vex you be that, yorubas have a low IQ so your not capable of doing what igbos do  even without electricity corruption and high bank interest loans all caused by years of misrule by yorubas ad north. you are only good in fraud and 419. substarndard indeed yet we export them to other countries.

1 Like

Re: Tribalist Statements Credited To One Of Our Founding Fathers- Sardauna by bashr8: 7:39am On Feb 21, 2012
Dudu_Negro:

I feel sympathy for their cause sometimes but fools like bashr need his Igbo pound every now and then.  Im surprised Nchara has not turned up.  

Hey bashr, go wake Nchara and tell him get in here.  Tell him Negro in here to pound his pygymy head.

we feel sorry for yorubas cus you are declining and will continue to do so till you stop your evil mentality, jealousy fraudlent ways and bring him down syndrome
Re: Tribalist Statements Credited To One Of Our Founding Fathers- Sardauna by DuduNegro: 7:46am On Feb 21, 2012
Its true that boko is killing everybody. . . .including their own people.  So I dont expect Yoruba to be excepted.  However, they have targeted ibo churches all over the North.  They have not torched one Yoruba church.  You know why?   They know what Yoruba is made of. . . . Ibos do not know so you are still naive in that area.   You got a taste of it in 1993 and 2001.  But it has been so far back you forget.  We dont kill you like Hausas do because by doing that then we disrupt your trade in Lagos.  If your trade is disrupted, then who is going to pay taxt to keep city running and clean.   We dont want to tax our own people when we can easily get the money by taxing igbo traders.

have you paid your tax to keep Lagos running?
Re: Tribalist Statements Credited To One Of Our Founding Fathers- Sardauna by PhysicsQED(m): 7:48am On Feb 21, 2012
I don't like the Sardauna, and I have a dislike for ANY African leaders that (obviously) saw "Mohammedan" or "Islamic" culture as superior to indigenous African cultures, but, after reading his autobiography, I have to say that his real beef, if he had any, would have been with the Yoruba and the AG especially. There was this condescending, contemptuous tone towards southerners that popped up in certain parts of his autobiography, but it seemed to reach its apex when discussing AG politicians.

Part of his indignation at the actions of certain AG politicians in 1953, for example, may have been justified, but even then, I don't think he made any outright tribalist statements against any Yoruba, although there is this almost palpable contempt for the AG in his autobiography.

The "anti-Igbo" sentiment from the Sardauna seems to be merely about economic competition, and part of his rationale for countering the impending southern economic hegemony with the Northernization policy, in my honest opinion. If another ethnic group were the ones playing that role of going to the North and dominating in certain specific positions, he probably would have made the comment about that group instead.

*Just stating my observation and opinion, before anybody crucifies me.*
Re: Tribalist Statements Credited To One Of Our Founding Fathers- Sardauna by bashr8: 7:52am On Feb 21, 2012
Dudu_Negro:

Its true that boko is killing everybody. . . .including their own people.  So I dont expect Yoruba to be excepted.  However, they have targeted ibo churches all over the North.  They have not torched one Yoruba church.  You know why?   They know what Yoruba is made of. . . . Ibos do not know so you are still naive in that area.   You got a taste of it in 1993 and 2001.  But it has been so far back you forget.  We dont kill you like Hausas do because by doing that then we disrupt your trade in Lagos.  If your trade is disrupted, then who is going to pay taxt to keep city running and clean.   We dont want to tax our own people when we can easily get the money by taxing igbo traders.

have you paid your tax to keep Lagos running?
this does not deserve a response keep fooling yourself, while they target everyone in their own home they also specifically target you in your own house , shameless people . see the kind of humans we are surrounded with , humans that only think about how they will cause misery to other people ,thats why i said yourubas are yet to fully evolve , your reasoning is too backward. it will all end soon dont worry.
Re: Tribalist Statements Credited To One Of Our Founding Fathers- Sardauna by DuduNegro: 7:58am On Feb 21, 2012
nobody is causing misery to you. . . . your invite your own misery! Everyone who has had a taste of you come to same conclusion. . . . everyone! What does that say? Its not a Yoruba problem, its your problem, fix it! Get a new brand. . . you and your brothers come togetehr and deliberate on how you will make ibo an appeal to the people that are offended by your blindness to basic human social skills for mutual respect.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

US Opts To Buy Nigeria’s Crude, Says Kachikwu / INEC Declares Bauchi Governorship Election Inconclusive - TVC / Coronavirus: House Of Reps Bans Open Worships, Visitors To NASS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.