Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,100 members, 7,811,095 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:15 PM

My Ordeal With Nigeria Immigration Officers - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / My Ordeal With Nigeria Immigration Officers (14899 Views)

Security Officers Pose With The Dead Lion Killed In Jos (Pictured) / True Life Story: My Ordeal With An Alien/Demon/Witch / My Ordeal With "One Chance Fraudsters" This Morning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Ordeal With Nigeria Immigration Officers by Viscy(m): 8:15pm On Dec 29, 2014
It was a beautiful saturday afternoon. I was travelling from Kano to Abuja through a commercial vehicle together with some other passengers. When we arrived at a check-point along Kano-Kaduna express road, we are intercepted by an officer of the Nigeria Immigration. He commanded all the male passengers to step down from the vehicle. We obeyed and was led to the other side of the road where we were handed over to another officer.

The officer told all of us to squat down; for no reason. All the passengers obliged but I refused and was about to protest before he shouted at me; I didnt know when I join the others. I actually felt humiliated like a common criminal. I figure it was wise to yield considering the fact that I was on the highway, in middle of no-where and helplessly defenceless.

Afterward, we were told to bring out our National I.D or drivers licence. Those that do not have were forced to pay N200 or threatened with 5 hours of detention. I Identified myself and was released.

What is really annoying with their operations is that their mission out there is to forcefully extort money from travellers in the name of identifying and arresting illegal immigrant. Of cause, it is obvious that a dangerous illegal immigrant can comfortably cruise around the country just by flinging N200 to those shamless uniform men.

I like to use this medium to call on the attention of the appropraite authority on the day-light robbery perpetuated by men of the Nigeria Immigration. Tax payers fund should not be wasted in paying the salaries of some corrupt individualss that are out there causing inconviniency to same tax-payers on the road. If they don't have any meaningful task to do, I humbly suggests that they should layed off or better still, deploy to Maiduguri where their energy and guns would be usefull.

42 Likes 8 Shares

Re: My Ordeal With Nigeria Immigration Officers by Viscy(m): 8:35pm On Dec 29, 2014
Am telling you
Re: My Ordeal With Nigeria Immigration Officers by Nobody: 12:45am On Dec 30, 2014
Smh! Useless officers that don't know their job
Re: My Ordeal With Nigeria Immigration Officers by Viscy(m): 8:59am On Dec 30, 2014
That's exactly what they are
Re: My Ordeal With Nigeria Immigration Officers by Big4wig(m): 9:13am On Dec 30, 2014
sad

I woke up this morning with Joy, not because I don't have any problems, but cause today is another day for God to work a miracle.☺

& btw Guys be wearing --12k jeans,15k jacket,6k belt,9k shoes, 10k shirt just to impress a gurl dat wears 1k leggins #butitsnotmybusiness

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Ordeal With Nigeria Immigration Officers by Maczeelly(m): 9:13am On Dec 30, 2014
Too bad
Re: My Ordeal With Nigeria Immigration Officers by Nobody: 9:13am On Dec 30, 2014
Anything IMMIGRATION is no Bueno for me.

They are as incompetent as their damn recruitment process.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Ordeal With Nigeria Immigration Officers by maxit2(m): 9:13am On Dec 30, 2014
Too bad
Re: My Ordeal With Nigeria Immigration Officers by ggrin(f): 9:13am On Dec 30, 2014
Hmmmm
Wicked pplangry
Re: My Ordeal With Nigeria Immigration Officers by Nobody: 9:13am On Dec 30, 2014
Viscy:
That's exactly what they are

Wetin self, what manner of wickedness is this angry

only u book two spaces for front page grin

Please my brother, fear God.

10 Likes

Re: My Ordeal With Nigeria Immigration Officers by Bonapart(m): 9:14am On Dec 30, 2014
Sorry i reside in Pakistan. We don't travel with vehicle here
#teamprivatejet

1 Like

Re: My Ordeal With Nigeria Immigration Officers by freshness2020: 9:14am On Dec 30, 2014
ITS SO UNFORTUNATE MA BRODA.... GOD WILL SEE US THROUGH
Re: My Ordeal With Nigeria Immigration Officers by justi4jesu(f): 9:14am On Dec 30, 2014
Re: My Ordeal With Nigeria Immigration Officers by elantraceey(f): 9:14am On Dec 30, 2014
Corruption didnt begin today but it has an end , you have a choice to end it come feb14

5 Likes

Re: My Ordeal With Nigeria Immigration Officers by bright007(f): 9:14am On Dec 30, 2014
They are Buhari boys.....I blame GMB for this

1 Like

Re: My Ordeal With Nigeria Immigration Officers by ShakurM(m): 9:15am On Dec 30, 2014
My brother,One advice : no try to fight back next time oo, Na 9ja u dey. Guns don't shoot itself o. YOLO

1 Like

Re: My Ordeal With Nigeria Immigration Officers by Kaxmytex(m): 9:15am On Dec 30, 2014
Welcome to da green-white nation
Re: My Ordeal With Nigeria Immigration Officers by udyheart01(m): 9:15am On Dec 30, 2014
Bros Nah 9ja You Dey o

#JustSaying
Re: My Ordeal With Nigeria Immigration Officers by Abdgafarplenty(m): 9:16am On Dec 30, 2014
This is Nigeria!
Re: My Ordeal With Nigeria Immigration Officers by lawrencemleopo: 9:16am On Dec 30, 2014
I hope pm news will make this an headline. it will yield desired result fasfer.

Re: My Ordeal With Nigeria Immigration Officers by Nobody: 9:17am On Dec 30, 2014
D nigeria way, where illegal become legal. Atleast their oga @ d top ll knw they are doing such na. But why is it that 90 percent of nigeria problem is north, boko boys, suicide bombers, child marriage, beggars. To mention few

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Ordeal With Nigeria Immigration Officers by baybeeboi: 9:18am On Dec 30, 2014
notin new
Next please

1 Like

Re: My Ordeal With Nigeria Immigration Officers by azibit: 9:20am On Dec 30, 2014
A country where corruption is praised. Anyone with a little opportunity wants to exploit everyone. ALLAH SAVE NIGERIA.

SAI BUHARI
SAI MAI ADALCHI

2 Likes

Re: My Ordeal With Nigeria Immigration Officers by jingh(f): 9:22am On Dec 30, 2014
there is nothing wrong in that now.

Stealing is nt corruption

4 Likes

Re: My Ordeal With Nigeria Immigration Officers by eleko1: 9:22am On Dec 30, 2014
sad
Re: My Ordeal With Nigeria Immigration Officers by Precious91(m): 9:22am On Dec 30, 2014
sad
Re: My Ordeal With Nigeria Immigration Officers by eedris07(m): 9:23am On Dec 30, 2014
It once hapen 2mi once @ dat same Zaria-Kaduna road.. But I fink dey work 2gether wit the Nigerian Army who has a check point @ dat same place.
Re: My Ordeal With Nigeria Immigration Officers by HAH: 9:23am On Dec 30, 2014
That was how last three weeks one useless low rank immigrations staff insisted I must give him 500 on my return from cotonou at seme, I just yelled at him that and told him he has no power to stop any Nigerian from entering his country it reached a level where another staff came and told me to go and stop embarrassing them.

You we need to stand your ground when you know you have done no wrong

We should always try to get their names and I'd number ,video or pictures so that we can embarrass them on social media, may be if we keep exposing them the government will put a stop to this corruption

6 Likes

Re: My Ordeal With Nigeria Immigration Officers by sammycarz(m): 9:24am On Dec 30, 2014
bright007:
They are Buhari boys.....I blame GMB for this
mumu

3 Likes

Re: My Ordeal With Nigeria Immigration Officers by cyprus000: 9:25am On Dec 30, 2014
Please do we have immigration in this country?..just asking

2 Likes

Re: My Ordeal With Nigeria Immigration Officers by chamboy(m): 9:25am On Dec 30, 2014
The Experience during collection of Nigerian Passport is worse than this

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

2022: A Year To Be Extra Careful / WORLDS FATTEST WOMAN (PICTURES) / Accident Involving Rivers State Athletes' Bus. Many Injured (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.