Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,889 members, 7,824,715 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:03 PM

My Ordeal With Nigeria Immigration Officers - Nairaland / General (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / My Ordeal With Nigeria Immigration Officers (14937 Views)

Security Officers Pose With The Dead Lion Killed In Jos (Pictured) / True Life Story: My Ordeal With An Alien/Demon/Witch / My Ordeal With "One Chance Fraudsters" This Morning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Ordeal With Nigeria Immigration Officers by chuka5000(m): 12:46pm On Dec 30, 2014
Big4wig:
sad

I woke up this morning with Joy, not because I don't have any problems, but cause today is another day for God to work a miracle.☺

& btw Guys be wearing --12k jeans,15k jacket,6k belt,9k shoes, 10k shirt just to impress a gurl dat wears 1k leggins #butitsnotmybusiness

1k leggins and 200k Brazilian hair grin
Re: My Ordeal With Nigeria Immigration Officers by delishpot: 12:47pm On Dec 30, 2014
If Boko boys meet them there now, shebi their people go come post pictures here and expect us to "RIP" (no pun) them? See how they treat people like dogs.
Re: My Ordeal With Nigeria Immigration Officers by delishpot: 12:48pm On Dec 30, 2014
chuka5000:

1k leggins and 200k Brazilian hair grin

Ha ha, him nor remember that one. Even mary kay don add price sef.

1 Like

Re: My Ordeal With Nigeria Immigration Officers by Nobody: 12:54pm On Dec 30, 2014
baybeeboi:

To the south?
Are you kiddin me?
Well,i will welcome dat b a reason 2 divide this country
They won't even make it to the south....
When he loses this election.. He might try to divide the country..coz currently...he has the support of all the elders and stakeholders from the north...
Re: My Ordeal With Nigeria Immigration Officers by Nobody: 1:00pm On Dec 30, 2014
Osahon7:
Smh! Useless officers that don't know their job

more reason I wonder how many of them got employed.. certainly not on merit.

I've seen worse with the immigration and border patrol ..
too bad for our country..
Re: My Ordeal With Nigeria Immigration Officers by MARKone(m): 1:02pm On Dec 30, 2014
foxxynik:

If the one Buhari stole during his tenure as the head of state is corruption.... What change are u craving for?
For him to come and complete his stealing? Knowing very well that he sat as the head of state for just a year and few months...which most people said. He sat for two years!

Please what exactly did Buhari steal, can you compare the monumental waste of our resources now, with what was obtainable then. The recklessness the IBB junta is unprecedented , he virtually initiated the woes of this country, now our darling president deems him fit as his best ally.

Please forget about what people are saying or have said. This present regime may end up making this country to a pariah state.
Re: My Ordeal With Nigeria Immigration Officers by ChristineC: 1:06pm On Dec 30, 2014
Bolade005:

I am not a pessimist, I don't think negatively, I know he will win, almost every Nigerian wants change. Truth be told, if Buhari loses, then it's over for this country. This is our last chance, if we fail to take it, generation yet unborn will curse us and never forgive us.

I don't know what will happen to Buhari if he loses but I know what will happen to Nigeria, the country will forever be doomed with GEJ at the top.
I know what will happen when Buhari loses. he'll go to court, weep like a biitch, tell us how he loves Nigeria & all, then threaten more fire & brimstone, unleash triple terror on Northern Nigeria, recoil for 2019

& lose AGAIN!

1 Like

Re: My Ordeal With Nigeria Immigration Officers by Nobody: 1:13pm On Dec 30, 2014
MARKone:

Please what exactly did Buhari steal, can you compare the monumental waste of our resources now, with what was obtainable then. The recklessness the IBB junta is unprecedented , he virtually initiated the woes of this country, now our darling president deems him fit as his best ally.

Please forget about what people are saying or have said. This present regime may end up making this country to a pariah state.
On December 30 or 31st,
1983, Buhari was chosen
unanimously to be the new head of state. During this
time, Nigeria experienced insurmountable economic
problems that plagued Buhari's regime.

Our
petroleum prices collapsed in the face of expanding
foreign debt.
Buhari instituted austerity measures that
caused severe hardship to the average Nigerian.
In
addition, political corruption continued unabatedy, with
politicians escaping to Western countries with millions
of dollars in government money.
In an effort to stop
dissension, Buhari instituted restrictions on the press,
political freedoms, and trade unionists.
Is this who
you want to cast ur votes for?
This man will never bring any CHANGE!

1 Like

Re: My Ordeal With Nigeria Immigration Officers by Nobody: 1:16pm On Dec 30, 2014
ChristineC:

I know what will happen when Buhari loses. he'll go to court, weep like a biitch, tell us how he loves Nigeria & all, then threaten more fire & brimstone, unless triple terror on Northern Nigeria, recoil for 2019

& lose AGAIN!
IndeEd....!!!!!!
Re: My Ordeal With Nigeria Immigration Officers by Bolade005: 1:16pm On Dec 30, 2014
erico2k2:

well to start with I adked a simple question.U my friend decided to write ll that plus quoting me a d u failed to comprehend my question leading to a no answer frm U.Do U ho estly think 4 once GMB winning is goi g to change anything positively?its gonna B worse APC fsiled us by not bringing a well rounded candidate.my appologies if my spelling is wack bt Im on ma fone as Im at wrk so not allowed to use work pc or laptop on here..Truth be told this man GMB might av the good of the Nation at heart but dosnt have the political knohow of mgt 101.How will he convince china to come n invest in Nigeria?GMB political Ideology is anti western.He nor his party jave no blue prints yet.H said he can stabilize the naira v Dollar .me n u know no dane person can mkt forces determins the true value of ur money.Truth be tolld APC only brought him as front runner cos he is the richest
I understand the fact that you used a phone in typing this but can you please read and edit so I can better understand you. You already accused me of not comprehending anything so help me comprehend by being lucid and succinct.
Re: My Ordeal With Nigeria Immigration Officers by Nobody: 1:29pm On Dec 30, 2014
Bolade005:

I understand the fact that you used a phone in typing this but can you please read and edit so I can better understand you. You already accused me of not comprehending anything so help me comprehend by being lucid and succinct.
Here is the edited version of what he posted.
No further excuse!

well to start with, I asked a simple question. You my friend decided to write all that plus quoting
me and u failed to comprehend my question
leading to a no answer frm U.Do U honestly think
4 once GMB winning is going to change anything
positively?its gonna B worse APC failed us by not
bringing a well rounded candidate..my apologies
if my spellings are whack bt I'm on ma fone as I'm
at work so I'm not allowed to use the pc or
the laptop in here..Truth be told this man GMB
might av the good of the Nation at heart but
doesn't have the political know-how of mgt
101.How will he convince china to come n invest
in Nigeria? GMB political Ideology is anti-western.
He nor his party gave no blue prints yet. He said
he can stabilize the naira v Dollar. Me n u know
dat no sane person can mkt forces determines
the true value of ur money.Truth be told APC only
brought him as front runner cos he is the richest
Brother, nobody is above mistake....he excused himself...here's ur own flaws!
so I can better understand you.
Re: My Ordeal With Nigeria Immigration Officers by Bolade005: 1:31pm On Dec 30, 2014
ChristineC:

I know what will happen when Buhari loses. he'll go to court, weep like a biitch, tell us how he loves Nigeria & all, then threaten more fire & brimstone, unleash triple terror on Northern Nigeria, recoil for 2019

& lose AGAIN!
You are delusional.
Re: My Ordeal With Nigeria Immigration Officers by erico2k2(m): 1:49pm On Dec 30, 2014
ChristineC:

& lose AGAIN!
then come out again to contest 2019 lol
Re: My Ordeal With Nigeria Immigration Officers by erico2k2(m): 1:50pm On Dec 30, 2014
Bolade005:

You are delusional.
brove no point getting rude.the guy is entitled to his own opinion.So plz share ur thought bout what I asked.plz
Re: My Ordeal With Nigeria Immigration Officers by erico2k2(m): 1:53pm On Dec 30, 2014
foxxynik:

On December 30 or 31st,
1983, Buhari was chosen
unanimously to be the new head of state. During this
time, Nigeria experienced insurmountable economic
problems that plagued Buhari's regime.

Our
petroleum prices collapsed in the face of expanding
foreign debt.
Buhari instituted austerity measures that
caused severe hardship to the average Nigerian.
In
addition, political corruption continued unabatedy, with
politicians escaping to Western countries with millions
of dollars in government money.
In an effort to stop
dissension, Buhari instituted restrictions on the press,
political freedoms, and trade unionists.
Is this who
you want to cast ur votes for?
This man will never bring any CHANGE!
this are the bits n more people miss
Re: My Ordeal With Nigeria Immigration Officers by erico2k2(m): 1:54pm On Dec 30, 2014
foxxynik:

Here is the edited version of what he posted.
No further excuse!

Brother, nobody is above mistake....he excused himself...here's ur own flaws!
thanks plenty my guy
Re: My Ordeal With Nigeria Immigration Officers by Nobody: 2:04pm On Dec 30, 2014
erico2k2:

this are the bits n more people miss
Yes oh!
Re: My Ordeal With Nigeria Immigration Officers by Nobody: 2:05pm On Dec 30, 2014
erico2k2:

thanks plenty my guy
You're welcome sirree!
Re: My Ordeal With Nigeria Immigration Officers by Nobody: 2:06pm On Dec 30, 2014
erico2k2:

then come out again to contest 2019 lol
Hehehehe.....he doesn't get tired!
Re: My Ordeal With Nigeria Immigration Officers by Emmahunk(m): 2:12pm On Dec 30, 2014
Viscypointst=29315409:
It was a beautiful saturday afternoon. I was travelling from Kano to Abuja through a commercial vehicle together with some other passengers. When we arrived at a check-point along Kano-Kaduna express road,

we are intercepted by
an officer of the Nigeria Immigration. He commanded all the male passengers to step down from the vehicle cle cle cle. We obeyed and was led to the other side of the road where we were handed over to another officer.

The officer told all of us to squat down; for no reason. All the passengers obliged but I refused and was about to protest before he shouted at me; I didnt know when I join the others. I actually felt humiliated like a common criminal. I figure it was wise to yield considering the fact that I was on the highway, in middle of no-where and helplessly defenceless.

Afterward, we were told to bring out our National I.D or drivers licence. Those that do not have were forced to pay N200 or threatened with 5 hours of detention. I Identified myself and was released.

What is really annoying with their operations is that their mission out there is to forcefully extort money from travellers in the name of identifying and arresting illegal immigrant. Of cause, it is obvious that a dangerous illegal immigrant can comfortably cruise around the country just by flinging N200 to those shamless uniform men.

I like to use this medium to call on the attention of the appropraite authority on the day-light robbery perpetuated by men of the Nigeria Immigration. Tax payers fund should not be wasted in paying the salaries of some corrupt individualss that are out there causing inconviniency to same tax-payers on the road. If they don't have any meaningful task to do, I humbly suggests that they should layed off or better still, deploy to Maiduguri where their energy and guns would be usefull.
I am constrained to react to this write up for two major reasons ;
1. To correct the obviously wrong image this writer has painted about one of the most disciplined and decent uniformed Services in the Country
2. To enlighten the majority of respondents that believe that the boarder guards unit of the Service have no business being on the road.
Firstly, I wish to point out here that Immigration officers are by virtue of being every Country's gate men trained to be polite, civil and diplomatic. I, therefore, find it difficult to believe that an operative of the Nigeria Immigration Service will suddenly begin to bark orders at passengers in a commercial vehicle.
For those who believe that they have no business being on the road, it is pertinent to remind you that withot the NNigeria Immigration Service, we probably would still be suspecting each other having no idea of the identity of the BH sect. Even as I write this, there are hundreds of officers and men of the Service in all the dangerous areas just like the army, police and so on.
On the issue of extortion, that is another angle that is alien to the Service. However, if that ever happened, I think it is quite unfortunate that at this time and age he not at least take a video recording of the said act even with his phone.
It is quite understandable that after the ill fated recruitment exercise, that a lot of people have issues with the Service but then it is totally wrong to labell all of the officers and men as 'useless and thieves'. Please let us always think before we talk. More so, when we hardly know about who or what we are talking about.
God bless Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Ordeal With Nigeria Immigration Officers by Bolade005: 2:21pm On Dec 30, 2014
erico2k2:

brove no point getting rude.the guy is entitled to his own opinion.So plz share ur thought bout what I asked.plz
Take a look at what you wrote again.

"Truth be told this man GMB might av the good of the Nation at heart but dosnt have the political knohow of mgt 101.How will he convince china to come n invest in Nigeria?GMB political Ideology is anti western.He nor his party jave no blue prints yet.H said he can stabilize the naira v Dollar .me n u know no dane person can mkt forces determins the true value of ur money.Truth be tolld APC only brought him as front runner cos he is the richest".

What is in your write up to reply to?, seriously, what you wrote is nonsense but let me humour you and give you one.

You said Buhari doesn't know the political know how of management 101, where did that zoologist learn his own from and if indeed he learnt it, how come he has performed woefully in managing the affairs of this country?. If what GEJ is offering in terms of performance is the best you think you deserve, my brother Sorry o.

You also said Buhari cannot stabilize the naira, well I am not saying he will for certain but I believe you did Economics in your secondary school and you were taught how certain policies could help stabilize the naira, GEJ and his CBN governor destabilised the naira the moment they devalued the naira. I am sure you must have read how much the naira goes in exchange for a dollar during Buhari's regime. With the right policy, the naira can improve against the naira.

Again, you displayed your ignorance by saying APC only chose Buhari because he is the richest, broda, Buhari is not half as rich as Atiku. If APC wants the richest as their candidate, then people like Atiku and Amaechi and even Tinubu got an edge over Buhari. Buhari is the choice of the people.

The people are wiser now, we know we need a change. In all honesty, change is all I care about. I don't really care who becomes the next president as long as it's not GEJ and Buhari is the only candidate that can dislodge GEJ so I support him.

Have a nice day.
Re: My Ordeal With Nigeria Immigration Officers by gbodimowo(m): 2:59pm On Dec 30, 2014
Viscy:
It was a beautiful saturday afternoon. I was travelling from Kano to Abuja through a commercial vehicle together with some other passengers. When we arrived at a check-point along Kano-Kaduna express road, we are intercepted by an officer of the Nigeria Immigration. He commanded all the male passengers to step down from the vehicle. We obeyed and was led to the other side of the road where we were handed over to another officer.

The officer told all of us to squat down; for no reason. All the passengers obliged but I refused and was about to protest before he shouted at me; I didnt know when I join the others. I actually felt humiliated like a common criminal. I figure it was wise to yield considering the fact that I was on the highway, in middle of no-where and helplessly defenceless.

Afterward, we were told to bring out our National I.D or drivers licence. Those that do not have were forced to pay N200 or threatened with 5 hours of detention. I Identified myself and was released.

What is really annoying with their operations is that their mission out there is to forcefully extort money from travellers in the name of identifying and arresting illegal immigrant. Of cause, it is obvious that a dangerous illegal immigrant can comfortably cruise around the country just by flinging N200 to those shamless uniform men.

I like to use this medium to call on the attention of the appropraite authority on the day-light robbery perpetuated by men of the Nigeria Immigration. Tax payers fund should not be wasted in paying the salaries of some corrupt individualss that are out there causing inconviniency to same tax-payers on the road. If they don't have any meaningful task to do, I humbly suggests that they should layed off or better still, deploy to Maiduguri where their energy and guns would be usefull.

Noted
Re: My Ordeal With Nigeria Immigration Officers by ChristineC: 3:19pm On Dec 30, 2014
Bolade005:

You are delusional.
Don't bet on it because when Buhari loses and all that begins to happen, be sure that

I'll quote you AGAIN
Re: My Ordeal With Nigeria Immigration Officers by Bolade005: 4:18pm On Dec 30, 2014
ChristineC:

Don't bet on it because when Buhari loses and all that begins to happen, be sure that

I'll quote you AGAIN
Oh please do that.
Re: My Ordeal With Nigeria Immigration Officers by Nobody: 5:46pm On Dec 30, 2014
Bolade005:

"Truth be told this man GMB might av the good of the Nation at heart but dosnt have the political knohow of mgt 101.How will he convince china to come n invest in Nigeria?GMB political Ideology is anti western.He nor his party jave no blue prints yet.H said he can stabilize the naira v Dollar .me n u know no dane person can mkt forces determins the true value of ur money.Truth be tolld APC only brought him as front runner cos he is the richest".

What is in your write up to reply to?, seriously, what you wrote is nonsense but let me humour you and give you one.

You said Buhari doesn't know the political know how of management 101, where did that zoologist learn his own from and if indeed he learnt it, how come he has performed woefully in managing the affairs of this country?. If what GEJ is offering in terms of performance is the best you think you deserve, my brother Sorry o.

You also said Buhari cannot stabilize the naira, well I am not saying he will for certain but I believe you did Economics in your secondary school and you were taught how certain policies could help stabilize the naira, GEJ and his CBN governor destabilised the naira the moment they devalued the naira. I am sure you must have read how much the naira goes in exchange for a dollar during Buhari's regime. With the right policy, the naira can improve against the naira.

Again, you displayed your ignorance by saying APC only chose Buhari because he is the richest, broda, Buhari is not half as rich as Atiku. If APC wants the richest as their candidate, then people like Atiku and Amaechi and even Tinubu got an edge over Buhari. Buhari is the choice of the people.

The people are wiser now, we know we need a change. In all honesty, change is all I care about. I don't really care who becomes the next president as long as it's not GEJ and Buhari is the only candidate that can dislodge GEJ so I support him.

Have a nice day.
When u're done ranting...u'd know that GEJ doesn't need ur vote...I'll replace ur vote....
Again....GEJ's administration is the best administration Nigeria has ever experience ever since we beget our independence...His mgt101 is the best as far as am concern...
If you may know...Buhari receives 291million naira monthly as the former head of state...which he denied and claimed 3million naira....in addition to other companies and factories under his supervision and which he owns....compare to Atiku's import and export business....brother...be properly informed...
Re: My Ordeal With Nigeria Immigration Officers by erico2k2(m): 6:37pm On Dec 30, 2014
foxxynik:

Hehehehe.....he doesn't get tired!
I wonder where he would gt the money to buy forms that time.
Re: My Ordeal With Nigeria Immigration Officers by erico2k2(m): 6:44pm On Dec 30, 2014
Bolade005:

Have a nice day.
U still never answered my question however I will respond bck to U wen I gt home in 2 hrs time.
Re: My Ordeal With Nigeria Immigration Officers by Bolade005: 7:03pm On Dec 30, 2014
erico2k2:

U still never answered my question however I will respond bck to U wen I gt home in 2 hrs time.
You have only asked me one question which is how the General will convince china to come and invest in Nigeria. We have hundreds of Chinese doing business already in Nigeria so how is convincing China an uphill task?.

USA has already cut off buying Oil from Nigeria, the General will convince Obama to continue doing business with us, just sit and watch as things unfold.

I am not ready to go back and forth with you. Stick to your opinion while I stick to mine but I know posterity will not forgive you if you let sentiments becloud your sense of reasoning. Be good.
Re: My Ordeal With Nigeria Immigration Officers by Nobody: 8:02pm On Dec 30, 2014
erico2k2:

I wonder where he would gt the money to buy forms that time.
Don't overestimate that man...he's rich!
Re: My Ordeal With Nigeria Immigration Officers by Nobody: 8:16pm On Dec 30, 2014
Emmahunk:

I am constrained to react to this write up for two major reasons ;
1. To correct the obviously wrong image this writer has painted about one of the most disciplined and decent uniformed Services in the Country
2. To enlighten the majority of respondents that believe that the boarder guards unit of the Service have no business being on the road.
Firstly, I wish to point out here that Immigration officers are by virtue of being every Country's gate men trained to be polite, civil and diplomatic. I, therefore, find it difficult to believe that an operative of the Nigeria Immigration Service will suddenly begin to bark orders at passengers in a commercial vehicle.
For those who believe that they have no business being on the road, it is pertinent to remind you that withot the NNigeria Immigration Service, we probably would still be suspecting each other having no idea of the identity of the BH sect. Even as I write this, there are hundreds of officers and men of the Service in all the dangerous areas just like the army, police and so on.
On the issue of extortion, that is another angle that is alien to the Service. However, if that ever happened, I think it is quite unfortunate that at this time and age he not at least take a video recording of the said act even with his phone.
It is quite understandable that after the ill fated recruitment exercise, that a lot of people have issues with the Service but then it is totally wrong to labell all of the officers and men as 'useless and thieves'. Please let us always think before we talk. More so, when we hardly know about who or what we are talking about.
God bless Nigeria.

I had to consciously refrain myself from insulting you, didn't you read corroborating post by other persons here

you said solicitation of bribe is alien to the immigration unit? have you been to our international airports? If you have been there, you will know that there isn't an iota of discipline or decorum amongst them!!

he was ordered to cross over, kindly explain to the house, how he would have recorded the encounter? Don't you think they would have smashed the phone?

you my dear should take your own advice, think before you comment
Re: My Ordeal With Nigeria Immigration Officers by Nobody: 8:18pm On Dec 30, 2014
Bolade005:

We have hundreds of Chinese doing business already in Nigeria so how is convincing China an uphill task?.
Ok so you mean...Buhari...aka Mr change will come into office to re-manage and maintain GEJ's business suite?

The General will convince Obama to continue doing business with us, just sit and watch as things unfold
How will that be possible? Obama is a democrat..and Buhari isn't...except for the fact that he's trying very hard to fit in... And mind you...the BBC is aware of who Buhari is...Lest you forget, it was Buhari who once told the world during a BBC Hausa Service interview that, “If what happened in 2011 should again happen in 2015, by the grace of God, the dog and the baboon would all be soaked in blood.”
So how will he convince Obama to become Nigeria's prospective client?
USA has already cut off buying Oil from Nigeria
Hehehehehe....America didn't cut off...We did...selling our crude oil to America was too expensive to bear....the president had to focus the selling of our crude oil to china,japan and russia... America was too selfish...they would stake high price with precaution that Nigeria shouldn't sell it to any other western country...
According to the official reports, the country’s
Gross Domestic Product for 2013 was estimated to stand at USD509bn, a jump of some 89% – which
takes it decisively beyond that of South African's
competitor, whose 2013 GDP figured USD372bn
Under GEJ's administration...Nigeria's economy is the largest in Africa and has superseded that of South Africa...Yet you complain of GEJ stealing from Nigeria...and promoting corruption!
Re: My Ordeal With Nigeria Immigration Officers by erico2k2(m): 9:49pm On Dec 30, 2014
Bolade005:

You have only asked me one question which is how the General will convince china to come and invest in Nigeria. We have hundreds of Chinese doing business already in Nigeria so how is convincing China an uphill task?.

USA has already cut off buying Oil from Nigeria, the General will convince Obama to continue doing business with us, just sit and watch as things unfold.

I am not ready to go back and forth with you. Stick to your opinion while I stick to mine but I know posterity will not forgive you if you let sentiments becloud your sense of reasoning. Be good.
I was going to reply your long statement but then again I had to refrain, question I asked was WHAT WILL BUHARI DO IF HE LOSES come Feb 2015.I know what Jonah will do,go back to his village so what do you think He BUHARI would do? that was the question I asked shikena

Talking about sentiments, U don't seem to get it, for instance,I don't live in Nigeria I live in a free country,so who ever wins thank God but I know these are not the true representation of Nigerians.Without being biased,GEJ has done better than his previous mates.Do you remember how GMB persecuted the so corrupt politicians and threw them in prisons? but left Shagari out of jail even though he was the president cos going by your analogy the head should be in control of whats going on under.Everyone is corrupt cos GEJ is corrupt.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

13-year-Old Girl Flees Home With Suspected Lover / WORLDS FATTEST WOMAN (PICTURES) / Ever Been Mistaken For Somebody?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.