Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,296 members, 7,811,887 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:18 PM

Get A New Look For Your Children’s Room - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Get A New Look For Your Children’s Room (4224 Views)

How Do You Punish Your Children? / What 3 Qualities Should You Look For In A Prospective Wife/husband. / When Love Dies, Will You Stay For The Sake Of Your Children? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Get A New Look For Your Children’s Room by boyo123(m): 12:14am On Dec 30, 2014
Its almost new year guys .i think you
should make your children happy by
surprising them with a new look to
their rooms .here are few ideas of
how you can do that
https://bluemansionblog./2014/12/29/get-a-new-look-for-your-childrens-room/

Re: Get A New Look For Your Children’s Room by EfemenaXY: 12:33am On Dec 30, 2014
That's for kiddies.

What suggestions have you got for teenagers?

1 Like

Re: Get A New Look For Your Children’s Room by boyo123(m): 12:58am On Dec 30, 2014
EfemenaXY:
That's for kiddies.

What suggestions have you got for teenagers?

dont worry how post that too.pls watch out
Re: Get A New Look For Your Children’s Room by otobrisesarah(f): 3:53pm On Dec 30, 2014
Please I intend to open a creche in Abuja, how do I get these? Especially the carpet. Thanks! That is beautiful
Re: Get A New Look For Your Children’s Room by Nobody: 4:38pm On Dec 30, 2014
I prefer sports inspired bedrooms for male kids, preferably with basketball rim, and maybe with a little net somewhere to throw NFL balls.

With kids you have to get them involved in sports, from early.

Something like this one:

[img]http://2.bp..com/-bWafKDUhxms/TyloBA9l5pI/AAAAAAAAKeA/KsNeCPme5MI/s1600/teen+boys+sports+theme+bedroom20.png[/img]
Re: Get A New Look For Your Children’s Room by Nobody: 4:39pm On Dec 30, 2014
This one looks decent as well.

Re: Get A New Look For Your Children’s Room by EfemenaXY: 4:48pm On Dec 30, 2014
SirShymex:
I prefer sports inspired bedrooms for male kids, preferably with basketball rim, and maybe with a little net somewhere to throw NFL balls.

That white net thingy over the bed looks kind of girly doesn't it? Almost reminiscent of your typical female boudoir cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Get A New Look For Your Children’s Room by Nobody: 4:55pm On Dec 30, 2014
EfemenaXY:

That white net thingy over the bed looks kind of girly doesn't it? Almost reminiscent of your typical female boudoir cheesy cheesy cheesy

Lol, kids wouldn't know much anyway.

I swear I never knew you've got teenage sons. Darn! You're a big woman, and I need to start adding "ma'am" to our convos. grin

Are they into sports and what sec. sch. year are they in?
Re: Get A New Look For Your Children’s Room by Nobody: 5:13pm On Dec 30, 2014
SirShymex:

Something like this one:

Net in the room and I will be hearing thud thud thud against the wall abi? shocked shocked shocked
and I will be calling you and you wont hear
I no gree grin
Go and play basketball outside angry
Re: Get A New Look For Your Children’s Room by EfemenaXY: 5:14pm On Dec 30, 2014
SirShymex:

Lol, kids wouldn't know much anyway.

You know that's not true. Kids these days are really clued up...

SirShymex:
I swear I never knew you've got teenage sons.

grin

SirShymex:
Darn! You're a big woman, and I need to start adding "ma'am" to our convos. grin

grin grin

SirShymex:
Are they into sports and what sec. sch. year are they in?

Yes, they really are into sports. Some of the games they actively participate in give me sleepless nights, the chief culprit being Rugby. Personally, I think it's a violent game. Gordon Brown got blinded in one eye from participating in that game, didn't he? A lot of professional players have got "Cauliflower ears" from it. Does it deter my sons? No. If anything, they've moved up the ranks / team in school to the point where absolute dedication (Saturdays) is required of them else they get served a detention. They say I'm stressing over nothing. Okay o! But it's me who ends up massaging sprained ankles, thumbs, and body parts... sad

Swimming, they're good at - but they would be, seeing as I started throwing them in the pool as soon as their infant inoculations / vaccinations were up-to-date. One of them has represented his school on several occasions. I like this sport for them because it's non-contact.

Football. Usual stuff for boys.

Cricket. Usually played in the summer at school. Posh and boring as far as I'm concerned, but I still support them.

Running. Loved most by my youngest. One or two of the older ones does go jogging with hubby sometimes on weekend mornings. Now that's going to be one of my new year's resolutions - to take up running too (as long as one of them comes with me. The thought of getting chased in the park by someone's dog is off putting...or a psycho coming after me...okay, I'm being paranoid but I'd rather not go unaccompanied) cheesy

Er, what else..one of them is really good at table tennis...

Sorry about the crossed out bit. This is NL and a little privacy won't go amiss... smiley
Re: Get A New Look For Your Children’s Room by EfemenaXY: 5:16pm On Dec 30, 2014
chaircover:

Net in the room and I will be hearing thud thud thud against the wall shocked shocked shocked
I no gree grin

Haha!!

Tell me about it. When I call, I get subjected to "selective deafness" from them. But the day I lost my voice, a whisper was all it took to get them come running. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Maybe I should try to lose my voice a bit more often and turn into a Bonnie Tyler. cheesy
Re: Get A New Look For Your Children’s Room by Nobody: 5:18pm On Dec 30, 2014
EfemenaXY:

Haha!!

Tell me about it. When I call, I get subjected to "selective deafness from them". But the day I lost my voice, a whisper was all it took to get them come running. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Maybe I should try to lose my voice a bit more often and turn into a Bonnie Tyler. cheesy

Efe I just call their mobile phones or ping them and get them to come or do whatever I wanted them to do . .
I cant kill myself angry
Most kids have selective hearing anyway lipsrsealed
Re: Get A New Look For Your Children’s Room by EfemenaXY: 5:22pm On Dec 30, 2014
chaircover:

Efe I just call their mobile phones or ping them and get them to come or do whatever I wanted them to do . .
I cant kill myself angry
Most kids have selective hearing anyway lipsrsealed

Lol!

I do that too sometimes. But the Naija streak in me is sometimes hard to let go. I used to ask my nan (God bless her soul) why she shouted so much when calling her grandkids / younger relatives living with her. Her response? "Shouting makes you stronger". lipsrsealed lipsrsealed cheesy cheesy
Re: Get A New Look For Your Children’s Room by Nobody: 6:02pm On Dec 30, 2014
EfemenaXY:

You know that's not true. Kids these days are really clued up...

Yes, they really are into sports. Some of the games they actively participate in give me sleepless nights, the chief culprit being Rugby. Personally, I think it's a violent game. Gordon Brown got blinded in one eye from participating in that game, didn't he? A lot of professional players have got "Cauliflower ears" from it. Does it deter my sons? No. If anything, they've moved up the ranks / team in school to the point where absolute dedication (Saturdays) is required of them else they get served a detention. They say I'm stressing over nothing. Okay o! But it's me who ends up massaging sprained ankles, thumbs, and body parts... sad

Swimming, they're good at - but they would be, seeing as I started throwing them in the pool as soon as their infant inoculations / vaccinations were up-to-date. One of them has represented his school on several occasions. I like this sport for them because it's non-contact.

Football. Usual stuff for boys.

Cricket. Usually played in the summer at school. Posh and boring as far as I'm concerned, but I still support them.

Running. Loved most by my youngest. One or two of the older ones does go jogging with hubby sometimes on weekend mornings. Now that's going to be one of my new year's resolutions - to take up running too (as long as one of them comes with me. The thought of getting chased in the park by someone's dog is off putting...or a psycho coming after me...okay, I'm being paranoid but I'd rather not go unaccompanied) cheesy

Er, what else..one of them is really good at table tennis...

Sorry about the crossed out bit. This is NL and a little privacy won't go amiss... smiley

Nice. I did play everything as well, but I had to focus on only football, basketball, and table tennis from year 10. Played proper tennis as well. Everything is part of the school curriculum, especially swimming and water safety.

Also, athletics is the most draining/competitive of them all. You basically have to keep travelling for different meet(s), from one city, to the other, across the country. Anyway, since they're into rubgby, you might as well start getting them involved in American football now. That's where the real money is - and they can easily get scholarships to top American Universities, while also pursing a path to an extremely rewarding career in the NFL. Don't let what happened to Gordon Brown deter you - he's a victim of circumstance. Freak injuries/accidents can happen anywhere. I broke my leg while playing football in sec. sch., and I've got so many scars on my legs. However, that never stopped me from playing the sport, and I still played competitively, till Uni level.

I've got a younger cousin that's also proper good at rugby. He's massive - over 6'4 and he's 17/18. I told his dad to get him into American football, cos that's where the millions will come from. Now, he plays both - and we're just hoping he'll get a full scholarship from the UK based American scouts around. There's this naija guy, Lawrence Okoye, who represented the UK at the last olympics. He got drafted by an NFL team after the event - and he's on his way to becoming a millionaire now. Also, the NFL is getting bigger in the UK - they play at least 2 games at the Wembley stadium every year, and they're also planning to start a London team soon.

Furthermore, for football, if you think they're gifted enough, you need to get them into clubs now. It's easier to get into football clubs as a schoolboy. Once they leave sec. sch., it becomes almost mission impossible, due to how competitive football trials are, and the ample opportunity folks get most times to prove themselves. Err, since you're Urhobo/Isoko, you might know the Etuhu family. I played football back in the day with Kelvin and Michael. Their mum got them into a football academy from early, hence both Dickson and Kelvin were able to make it big. Michael was actually the most gifted back then, but he never made it due to character issues - he's a proper Peckham boy lol. They have a next cousin, Jermaine, who was also very gifted back then - but he's weed head lool.

Alright, ma'am, privacy is very important on these sides. grin
Re: Get A New Look For Your Children’s Room by EfemenaXY: 6:08pm On Dec 30, 2014
SirShymex:

Nice. I did play everything as well, but I had to focus on only football, basketball, and table tennis from year 10. Played proper tennis as well. Everything is part of the school curriculum, especially swimming and water safety.

Also, athletics is the most draining/competitive of them all. You basically have to keep travelling for different meet(s), from one city, to the other, across the country. Anyway, since they're into rubgby, you might as well start getting them involved in American football now. That's where the real money is - and they can easily get scholarships to top American Universities, while also pursing a path to an extremely rewarding career in the NFL. Don't let what happened to Gordon Brown deter you - he's a victim of circumstance. Freak injuries/accidents can happen anywhere. I broke my leg while playing football in sec. sch., and I've got so many scars on my legs. However, that never stopped me from playing the sport, and I still played competitively, till Uni level.

I've got a younger cousin that's also proper good at rugby. He's massive - over 6'4 and he's 17/18. I told his dad to get him into American football, cos that's where the millions will come from. Now, he plays both - and we're just hoping he'll get a full scholarship from the UK based American scouts around. There's this naija guy, Lawrence Okoye, who represented the UK at the last olympics. He got drafted by an NFL team after the event - and he's on his way to becoming a millionaire now. Also, the NFL is getting bigger in the UK - they play at least 2 games at the Wembley stadium every year, and they're also planning to start a London team soon.

Furthermore, for football, if you think they're gifted enough, you need to get them into clubs now. It's easier to get into football clubs as a schoolboy. Once they leave sec. sch., it becomes almost mission impossible, due to how competitive football trials are, and the ample opportunity folks get most times to prove themselves. Err, since you're Urhobo/Isoko, you might know the Etuhu family. I played football back in the day with Kelvin and Michael. Their mum got them into a football academy from early, hence both Dickson and Kelvin were able to make it big. Michael was actually the most gifted back then, but he never made it due to character issues - he's a proper Peckham boy lol. They have a next cousin, Jermaine, who was also very gifted back then - but he's weed head lool.

Alright, ma'am, privacy is very important on these sides. grin

This is a lot to take in Shymex...thanks cheesy
Re: Get A New Look For Your Children’s Room by Nobody: 7:14pm On Dec 30, 2014
chaircover:

Net in the room and I will be hearing thud thud thud against the wall abi? shocked shocked shocked
I no gree grin

typical naija parent
Re: Get A New Look For Your Children’s Room by Nobody: 7:32pm On Dec 30, 2014
Re: Get A New Look For Your Children’s Room by Nobody: 7:52pm On Dec 30, 2014
Re: Get A New Look For Your Children’s Room by EfemenaXY: 8:16pm On Dec 30, 2014
^^ Haha!

CC, my boys love this guy Clifford Owusu! cheesy cheesy
Re: Get A New Look For Your Children’s Room by Nobody: 8:27pm On Dec 30, 2014
EfemenaXY:
^^ Haha!
CC, my boys love this guy Clifford Owusu! cheesy cheesy

He reminds me of my son lipsrsealed
I say 10 things and he just calmy rsponds to one embarassed grin
Re: Get A New Look For Your Children’s Room by boyo123(m): 11:57pm On Dec 30, 2014
otobrisesarah:
Please I intend to open a creche in Abuja, how do I get these? Especially the carpet. Thanks! That is beautiful
sorry i dont know of any nice place in nigeria but if u are thinking of going out of the country to get it i tink walmart as some good stuffs
Re: Get A New Look For Your Children’s Room by boyo123(m): 11:59pm On Dec 30, 2014
otobrisesarah:
sorry madam i dont know of any nice place in nigeria but if u are thinking of going out of the country to get it i tink walmart as some good stuffs.

(1) (Reply)

Under Pressure To Marry / How Well Do You Know Or Trust Your Househelp(s)/nanny / His Parents Doesn't Know He Has A Year Old Son.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.