Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,446 members, 7,816,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:59 PM

My Day Boko Haram Visited; My Tearful Near Death Experience - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Day Boko Haram Visited; My Tearful Near Death Experience (796 Views)

El Rufai's Amnesia: The Day Boko Haram Wore Jeans: By:ross Alabo-george / Christmas Day Boko Haram Bomber Kabiru Sokoto's Accomplice Unveiled / Christmas Day: Boko Haram Bomb Catholic Church In Madalla (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Day Boko Haram Visited; My Tearful Near Death Experience by onismate: 6:55am On Dec 30, 2014
Looking at all that has transpired in my life. The pain, the trauma that Boko haram has brought on us is this country. And finally, the pain, anger and hatred they made his her mum have for her dad. Late 2012, in the city of Maiduguri was a time and place he would not just forget like that. His mum was pregnant and about to deliver. She was in labour and in great pains. His dad was called up that mum was in labour, that he should hurry up and come over to the state owned hospital. Dad hurriedly left his shop and went to meet mum at the hospital.

On getting to the hospital, mum had already delivered of a lovely baby girl. Dad was so happy. With this baby, the number of children became 3. Dad had earlier promised that after the birth of the child, they would be relocating out of the town to a better place due to the incessant Boko haram attacks. Even though there was no much money, dad chose to save our lives first, it will shield us from dangers of the cankerworms called “boko haram.”

Dad was so happy. He couldn’t hold himself when he came into the ward. He hugged mum so tightly they were so happy. He even promised to get mum a car when we relocate out of the town. The nurses told dad to go get baby wears and other things mum would need. He immediately left the hospital to get what he was asked to get. And the unfortunate happened. Boko boys struck.

When dad came back, he met blood bath at the gate. Boko boys had surrounded the hospital killing the gatemen. They were shooting sporadically in air. While so many were struggling to take cover. Boko boys had already laid a siege on the hospital. According to dad, the way bullets are bumping out of their guns, so many must have been killed inside the hospital. He couldn’t go in. He wondered the fate that must have befell mum. He tried moving to the other side of the hospital, which was fenced he tried to jump the fence to get into the compound to see if he could save his beloved wife and new born baby. He couldn’t. He kept on trying till he was able to get hold of it and jumped in. as he jumped in, he turned only to find a gun pointed at him. It was one of the boko boys. Dad stood their speechless wondering how life would look like for us if he was killed there. He stood like a tree looking at the boko boy with his gun still pointed to dad’s head. Dad was waiting for him to shoot. For about 45seconds both of them were there, it seems the gun refuses to release bullets as the one of others. The boko boy brought down his gun and ran away. Dad was surprised. He looked around in amazement. With heart full of fear, with the bag containing the baby cloths he was carrying, he ran as fast as possible from the place. The boko boys had started setting the hospital buildings on fire. Dad was so afraid, he wondered if mum was still alive. He watched as stray bullets were just flying in air, hitting people as they run trying to find a safe place to keep their lives safe. Dad watched with tears from strolling out of his eyes, as people were running outside a particular ward, some boko boys were already waiting outside with guns. As they run out, boko boys were just shooting them down. Dad had lost hope. At that moment, dad had lost hope about mum, her life and the fate that has befallen her.

The whole buildings were on fire. The boko boys had virtually set the entire hospital on fire. Nobody, not even the security agents were around to stop them. Dad ran as fast as possible towards the building ward mum delivered. With gas fumes, smoke coming out. Against all odds, he managed to pull himself into the room and met the shock of his life. heavy fire was raising women as if it was roasting animal. Tears rolled down his eyes. Could mum be among the women or did she escape? Many thoughts were running on his mind. He tried to push himself in to see if he could save a soul as the screams and shouts become louder. But he couldn’t. He nearly chocked because of the fumes. With sad face dad left the place crying. He moved fast as possible to escape the scene. By then the boko boys had left the hospital. They left the place in chaos, with so many women, man and patients scampering for the safety of their lives. Some mothers who got delivered of babies managed to escape alive with their babies, while those who unfortunate enough left their babies. Some couldn’t even make it alive.

As dad walked out of the gate to a huge crowd. The security officials had already been dispatched. They were taking positions why the fire service had begun work. But he guessed it was too late. Many are dead, hundred are injured and his beloved wife was yet to be found. Maybe she was still alive or dead. The security officials told dad to go home and allow them do their job, that they would pull the casualties together and get back to him. Dad refused, he insist he was staying back to see the dead bodies and know if indeed his beloved wife was among them. But the officials blocked the scene. Dad waited till he got tired and encouraged himself and went back home just as the officials earlier asked him to. Dad got home to a great surprise. He met mum at home with his new born baby. ‘how, when?’ it was a huge surprise to him. It was a huge miracle. According to mum, she said immediately the boko boys came in and shooting. She was taking her bath. One of the nurse was the one who came and told them to run for their lives. Before she could even finish the talk, she had already been shot. Fortunately, he was still in the bathroom and was hearing sounds of Gunshots. The only she was thinking was her baby. The guys had gone out of the ward, she came out of the bathroom. Every women in the ward have been shot dead. But fortunately her baby was alive. She took her baby and stayed there praying that God should protect her and the baby. And finally when the security officers started coming in, they helped her out and led her home. I guessed dad was at another direction when they led her out, that was why he didn’t see her.

We celebrated, rejoiced that all was over. But it wasn’t. They came back again that night. It was deadly. They have succeeded in getting hold of Maiduguri. The whole street was burning. They shot sporadically, killing like no body’s business. Immediately they came into our own compound. My dad took us into the room and asked us to lie down and remain calm. We did but the baby couldn’t. He asked my mum to make the baby sleep or calm so the boko boys won’t hear the cry and come and kill us. Mum tried but the baby’s cy was becoming louder. It resulted into a slight argument between my parents as dad was still insisting that mum should make the baby shut up. Mum said she was trying but babies would remain babies. They are not like adults that would listen. And the sound of shouts and gunshots are making the baby restless. Dad couldn’t reason with mum about it. He immediately took the baby from mum and strangled her. After the incident, our lives in that family never remained the same. Though the boko haram members left the place. Thank God we were unhurt because if not for what my dad did, the cry of the baby would have attracted the insurgents and they would come to kill us all. My dad strangled my baby sister to save us all. But my mum wasn’t happy with it. Till today, she still reminds dad he’s a murderer. He killed his daughter. She blames dad for almost every misfortunes in the family. That day they struck was the last time I have experienced their wickedness.

http://www.hovabuzz.com/frontline/961-the-last-time-i-saw-them-struck
Re: My Day Boko Haram Visited; My Tearful Near Death Experience by luigiajah(m): 6:56am On Dec 30, 2014
Hmm
Re: My Day Boko Haram Visited; My Tearful Near Death Experience by dkronicle(m): 7:32am On Dec 30, 2014
Somebabies do bring badluck.
Re: My Day Boko Haram Visited; My Tearful Near Death Experience by Fash20: 7:53am On Dec 30, 2014
Dan bura uba.
Re: My Day Boko Haram Visited; My Tearful Near Death Experience by timijoseph01(m): 7:58am On Dec 30, 2014
I dnt even knw wht to comment... RIP little baby..!!
Re: My Day Boko Haram Visited; My Tearful Near Death Experience by DWJOBScom(m): 8:12am On Dec 30, 2014
Seen this story before........RIP little girl

(1) (Reply)

Dickson Drops Commissioner, Aide Over Rift With First Lady / Even In Jonathan's Village, Otuoke, There Is No Electricity, / Benevolent Chief Bode George Gives People Money After Visiting Mum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.