Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,462 members, 7,819,683 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:48 PM

Mode Nine's Paradigm Shift: A Critical Review - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Mode Nine's Paradigm Shift: A Critical Review (5765 Views)

“i’m Not Hungry But I’m Not Very Comfortable” – Mode Nine / Critical Review Of Sound Sultan's "NATURAL SOMETHING". / Why Mode Nine Is Broke (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mode Nine's Paradigm Shift: A Critical Review by khanye(m): 1:03pm On Dec 16, 2008
@ javalove

Ruby did that chorus on dat track (NINE).

Mode is back into the studio with the rest of da SWATROOT crew. They are working on their new album.
Re: Mode Nine's Paradigm Shift: A Critical Review by javalove(m): 1:55pm On Dec 16, 2008
khanye:

@ javalove

Ruby did that chorus on that track (NINE).

Mode is back into the studio with the rest of da SWATROOT crew. They are working on their new album.

Great. Back in the studio with swatroot. dats cool man. This guys r just it man.

Ruby did a very good job, very very good. She sounds like she aint nigerian
Re: Mode Nine's Paradigm Shift: A Critical Review by DBR: 2:47pm On Dec 16, 2008
Yea, i tot i mentioned it before, t'was Ruby on the hook on the track "Nine"
M.i also featured her some time back titled "Time".
She has really upped her game considering her delivery on "Time".

On green passport i was hopin' sm1 else wuld notice it too.
Im glad Javalove did.
I think Sound sultan didnt do justice to that track.
I too prefer the original which Kidkonnect produced to
the remix in PS.
SoundSultan went off key a number of times on the track.
For me he didnt cut it, wuldda prefered a Terry da Rapman on
the remix cos of the kinda humour he culdda brot to it.
i like the line on "chillin' wit ur gurl" where M.9 spat:
"she's like a cigarette without a filter, no butt".
I think we'l do our fav. lines from PS later.
oNe
Re: Mode Nine's Paradigm Shift: A Critical Review by khanye(m): 2:51pm On Dec 16, 2008
@ DBR & Javalove

i heard Ruby is from South Africa.

PS is Classic man!
Re: Mode Nine's Paradigm Shift: A Critical Review by khanye(m): 3:04pm On Dec 16, 2008
Nigel Been Mode Nine is getting ready to start recording for the new SWATROOT album!!!!!! OD,Terry ,Sixfoot,
modenine ,Ruleclean,Eldee,Solo dee and AT!!!!!

Word!!!!
Re: Mode Nine's Paradigm Shift: A Critical Review by abdurrazaq(m): 5:02pm On Dec 16, 2008
khanye:

Nigel Been Mode Nine is getting ready to start recording for the new SWATROOT album!!!!!! OD,Terry ,Sixfoot,
modenine ,Ruleclean,Eldee,Solo dee and AT!!!!!

Word!!!!
I'll be patiently waiting for that.
Re: Mode Nine's Paradigm Shift: A Critical Review by khanye(m): 5:20pm On Dec 16, 2008
it's gonna be Crazy!!!
Re: Mode Nine's Paradigm Shift: A Critical Review by ajayi1(m): 12:16am On Dec 17, 2008
Men tired of this Rugged thread. embarassed
Re: Mode Nine's Paradigm Shift: A Critical Review by kaydee(m): 7:07am On Dec 17, 2008
@ Poster,

U wrote a review without quoting from his lyrics.A fair one though
Re: Mode Nine's Paradigm Shift: A Critical Review by 9jabeats(m): 8:15am On Dec 17, 2008
Listen mode 9 talk about his latest album LIVE
9jabeats RADIO: http://nijabeats.com/index.php?t=radio
Re: Mode Nine's Paradigm Shift: A Critical Review by Bamsyle(m): 9:53am On Dec 17, 2008
@Javalove
Long time coming grin Aiight man, thanks smiley

@DBR
It's easy to do a "club banger". Get a commercial producer (the likes of Don Jazzie). And as Nas said, get a nice hook to be performed by a nice female voice (you don't even need a female voice, what are the likes of 9ice, Durella, D'banj for?). Presto, a club banger is out. A good rapper can ride on any beat. Even apala or fuji. But my point is: certain styles are only suited for certain beats. Suitability is the word here.
Re: Mode Nine's Paradigm Shift: A Critical Review by abdurrazaq(m): 12:37pm On Dec 17, 2008
Ko ni da fun e grin cheesy . I just noticed that line from Banky W towards the end of talking to you by Modenine and I just have to point out grin
Isn't that a curse undecided grin
Re: Mode Nine's Paradigm Shift: A Critical Review by blinx(m): 7:11pm On Dec 17, 2008
I've listened to a lot hip hop album in 9ja and the latest effort my mode is one of my best for now. I judge album not by one track but by the whole content. When i listen to an album and keep skiping tracks, definitly that album cant be one of my best. Paradigm shift i play with out skiping tracks unlike his last effort b4 this one where i had to skip a lot of tracks. Ive always rooted for Rugged, Gino, Naeto C and MI but with this new album, Mode has bought me over.
I also agree with the person that said that certian styls of rap are bettter when it comes to doing dance tracks. For instance Gino's style is laid back, Naeto C is easy rap, Mode is classic style but Rugged's style goes with dance beat any day. They are all unique in their styles and that is why we love them, and we know that given a good beat and hook, they can all do dance track, but some styles will go better with dance beat.
I love the whole tracks but nine remains my fav 4 now.
Re: Mode Nine's Paradigm Shift: A Critical Review by Bamsyle(m): 7:28pm On Dec 17, 2008
You just spoke like an oracle cool
Re: Mode Nine's Paradigm Shift: A Critical Review by khanye(m): 11:26am On Dec 18, 2008
abdurrazaq:

Ko ni da fun e grin cheesy . I just noticed that line from Banky W towards the end of talking to you by Modenine and I just have to point out grin
Isn't that a curse undecided grin

Na lie wink
Re: Mode Nine's Paradigm Shift: A Critical Review by abdurrazaq(m): 1:43pm On Dec 18, 2008
khanye:

Na lie wink
Check am now. I mean listen well towards the end of that song. Ko ni da fun e (not you grin) was simultaneously said with the last Won so fun e pe, mi o ba e sere. I'm serious shocked smiley
Re: Mode Nine's Paradigm Shift: A Critical Review by khanye(m): 2:11pm On Dec 18, 2008
i go try listen to em again.

But that na first class Epe. grin
Re: Mode Nine's Paradigm Shift: A Critical Review by Bamsyle(m): 4:25pm On Dec 22, 2008
True. I heard it grin
Re: Mode Nine's Paradigm Shift: A Critical Review by khanye(m): 4:45pm On Dec 22, 2008
@ bamsyle

you too hear em? undecided
Re: Mode Nine's Paradigm Shift: A Critical Review by Bamsyle(m): 4:48pm On Dec 22, 2008
Yep. Simultaneously sung with those other lines as AQ stated.
Re: Mode Nine's Paradigm Shift: A Critical Review by khanye(m): 5:01pm On Dec 22, 2008
hmmmmm, me no believe em oooooo undecided
Re: Mode Nine's Paradigm Shift: A Critical Review by abdurrazaq(m): 5:18pm On Dec 22, 2008
khanye:

hmmmmm, me no believe em oooooo undecided
Listen well now angry cry I coudn't stop laughing when I heard that line cheesy
Bamsyle:

True. I heard it grin
Thank God, I'm not the only one grin cheesy
Re: Mode Nine's Paradigm Shift: A Critical Review by javalove(m): 5:29pm On Dec 22, 2008
omo i no hear am ooo is it wn the chorus is fading?
Re: Mode Nine's Paradigm Shift: A Critical Review by abdurrazaq(m): 5:36pm On Dec 22, 2008
javalove:

omo i no hear am ooo is it wn the chorus is fading?
Listen closely to when the track duration is around 2:50 to 2:55 cool
Re: Mode Nine's Paradigm Shift: A Critical Review by javalove(m): 5:42pm On Dec 22, 2008
WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I HEARED IT LOUD AND CLEAR MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KO NI DA FUN EEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BANKY DON KOLO OOOO

SO HE SEF NO LIKE RUGHEAD MAN!!!!
Re: Mode Nine's Paradigm Shift: A Critical Review by abdurrazaq(m): 5:45pm On Dec 22, 2008
javalove:

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I HEARED IT LOUD AND CLEAR MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KO NI DA FUN EEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BANKY DON KOLO OOOO

SO HE SEF NO LIKE RUGHEAD MAN!!!!

Good boy grin
So, is that allow in a diss track undecided I mean heavy curse like that grin cheesy
Re: Mode Nine's Paradigm Shift: A Critical Review by Bamsyle(m): 5:58pm On Dec 22, 2008
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Mode Nine's Paradigm Shift: A Critical Review by khanye(m): 6:08pm On Dec 22, 2008
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
I cant stop but laughing. . . . . . . Banky Na Bad man!!!!!!!!
Re: Mode Nine's Paradigm Shift: A Critical Review by chrisical(m): 4:16pm On Dec 23, 2008
I have listened to the album.Huh same mode 9 but this time there were deeper lyrics but apart from 'TALKING TO YOU 'and 'DEATH BLOW', the tempo was generally low.Kind of disjointed and lacking a bit of spark. I dont want to discredit this album cuz it ain't an easy feat to release a rap album. Anyway good one from him.AGAIN most of his chorouses were below-par.
Re: Mode Nine's Paradigm Shift: A Critical Review by khanye(m): 9:37am On Dec 25, 2008
chrisical:

I have listened to the album.Huh same mode 9 but this time there were deeper lyrics but apart from 'TALKING TO YOU 'and 'DEATH BLOW', the tempo was generally low.Kind of disjointed and lacking a bit of spark. I don't want to discredit this album because it ain't an easy feat to release a rap album. Anyway good one from him.AGAIN most of his chorouses were below-par.

That's Hip Hop cool
Re: Mode Nine's Paradigm Shift: A Critical Review by semid4lyfe(m): 4:12am On Dec 28, 2008
I've followed modenine right 4rm his unreleased IX files album days and I must say he has really stepped up his game lyrically but that is where it ends.I have all his albums except d unreleased IX files n I must say 4 me,This is his worst.I've had PS 4 about 2 weeks, ripped it 2 my lappy n listened 2 it thoroughly n I'm only feeling about 4 tracks-talkn 2 u,follow ur heart,fiyah burn and of course deathblow unlike his previous albums in which I felt as many as 7/8 tracks.
I'm also happy he didn't feature rap artists on any track on this album cos they've always managed to eclipse him although he's better lyrically as they still sound better than him on the beat.
All in all,the album ain't bad but it could have been better.I mean even his previous 2 mixtape albums,malcolm ix n pentium ix were beta than dis PS in my opinion not 2 mntion EPU which was definitely a classic.If I had 2 compile a top 10 favourite m9 tracks list,I'm afraid only talkin 2 u will make it 4rm dis album. I'll rate PS 55/100.
Re: Mode Nine's Paradigm Shift: A Critical Review by semid4lyfe(m): 4:39am On Dec 28, 2008
My top 10 M9 tracks are
1.cry 2.Africa 3.2 shorts from a nine 4.contradiction 5.lagos state of mind 6.spazmodic 7.elbow room 8.Talkin 2 u 9.journey so far and 10.that 1 add small.I've got about 5 tracks jostling 4 that position but hmm,-,-,as per football fan wey I be,I'll choose its a goal.
I just hope he makes the right choices 4 his videos because I was dissapointed he didn't make a video 4 'africa' from d EPU album.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Download Mayorkun Sade (mp3/audio) / Free Nigerian Music Download Sites / Dj Nonny Old Sch Reggae Mix For Reggae Lovers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.