Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,069 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:56 AM

How To Know Good Engine - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How To Know Good Engine (2291 Views)

How To Know A Good Engine / Where Can I Get A Good Engine For Cherokee Jeep Sport 2000 Model / How Can One Really Identify A Good Engine? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Know Good Engine by SANCTO: 11:27am On Dec 30, 2014
My ever dynamic nlanders. I really want to take the bull by the horn this time around. I have mazda 626 (aka mazda boot) which i really love. I have changed the engine of this car once but the mechanic i went with sort of shortchanged me; hence i ended up not buying good one. This time around, i want to go to buy another engine without being accompanied by any mechanic.

What are the things am supposed to check to confirm that the engine is good.Nairaland auto professors Ur candid advise is urgently needed on this.
Re: How To Know Good Engine by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:48am On Dec 30, 2014
Go with a friend that knows about used engines or just pay ur mechanic upfront for selecting a good engine for you, nothing beats experience.

1 Like

Re: How To Know Good Engine by SANCTO: 12:05pm On Dec 30, 2014
GAZZUZZ:
Go with a friend that knows about used engines or just pay ur mechanic upfront for selecting a good engine for you, nothing beats experience.

thank u prof. Gazzuzz
Re: How To Know Good Engine by AutosBay(m): 12:08pm On Dec 30, 2014
Would suggest you follow these procedures before buying; Write down, detailed information about your vehicle narrow it down to VIN, when you get to the shop ask for the mileage on the engine, you can allow them do an auto history check on the engine, or ask for the engine history report, ask for major faults on the engine especially if it was Accidented, also ask if it's a V4 or V6 engine, find out if the Auto shop has Waranty on the engine.

1 Like

Re: How To Know Good Engine by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:22pm On Dec 30, 2014
when you get to the shop ask for the mileage on the engine, you can allow them do an auto history check on the engine, or ask for the engine history report, ask for major faults on the engine especially if it was Accidented, also ask if it's a V4 or V6 engine, find out if the Auto shop has Waranty on the engine.

And "emeka" in ladipo will know what you are talking about?

[img]http://smileyshack.files./2010/12/smileyslaughing_lol_died_100-101.gif?w=42&h=42[/img]

3 Likes

Re: How To Know Good Engine by abatically(m): 12:49pm On Dec 30, 2014
AutosBay:
Would suggest you follow these procedures before buying; Write down, detailed information about your vehicle narrow it down to VIN, when you get to the shop ask for the mileage on the engine, you can allow them do an auto history check on the engine, or ask for the engine history report, ask for major faults on the engine especially if it was Accidented, also ask if it's a V4 or V6 engine, find out if the Auto shop has Waranty on the engine.

Mileage of tokunbo engine in Nigeria? Auto history check on tokunbo engine? Any faults on tokunbo engine? Dude when will u get real? I know some tokunbo engines have mileage tag on them (only very few and it is easy for dealers to just change the tag. Also u want engine history for an old mazda 626?).

The only way to know a good tokunbo engine is by physical inspection, check the color or the oil inside and turn the engine to see if it still got pressure so u still need someone with experience to go with u. Most importantly PRAY luck is on ur side. Mount the engine as soon as possible because boys in ladipo will not give u more than 1 week warranty.
Re: How To Know Good Engine by micklplus(m): 12:50pm On Dec 30, 2014
GAZZUZZ:

And "emeka" in ladipo will know what you are talking about?

[img]http://smileyshack.files./2010/12/smileyslaughing_lol_died_100-101.gif?w=42&h=42[/img]

LOL. grin

(1) (Reply)

Pls Help; Excessive Fuel Consumption Of My Camry 07 / Honda Civic Max Windshield / Between Nissan Pathfinder And Nissan Xterra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.