Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,937 members, 7,817,746 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:29 PM

The New Trends In Getting Married These Days.. I Bow! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The New Trends In Getting Married These Days.. I Bow! (10307 Views)

I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month / Photo: This Man Married These Two Beautiful Ladies Same Day / Steps In Getting Married (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

The New Trends In Getting Married These Days.. I Bow! by Nobody: 3:43pm On Dec 30, 2014
My dear people of nld, my ears and eyes have seen wonders since November till last weekend ....*heaves a deep sigh*
Have noticed couples getting married these days, is either the groom is way younger than the bride, Or the groom is way older than the bride undecided. And when I mean older than the bride, am not saying 10years difference o, or 20years difference, am talking about an 75yr old man getting married to a 30yr old lady sad....
Initially, when I saw a post on Anenih and his young bride, I laughed,shook my head and read all the comments peeps were making here, I even contributed my own quota into the post grin.
Hmmmmmmm, my dear nlders, my mouth is heavy, on what happened to one of my childhood friends, a young lady of 32years, very pretty, got married last weekend to a 75 year old man, all his airs , white grey... although he looks wealthy and rich, due to his looks, but am so shocked, she decided to marry a way older man undecided
when both of us was catching up about old times and then into our love lives, before she got married o... The day way she spoke about her bf? she actually looked inlove , and was singing his praises on how he accepted her warmly into his home in VGC, Lekki...and this guy is so loving, I was like eeyah, that's nice....thank God, I gushed with smiles. I then said , God will definitely complete his good works in your relationship, she said a loud amen. then we went our different ways, until after like few months, she gave me her wedding IV.... I was like Wow!, that's my babe...she was talking excitedly about it.
I then went 2 d wedding, lo and behold , lemme fast forward, I saw her walking down, calmly smiling ,waving, heavily beaded up with native attire as she walks to the huge canopy erected for the bride n groom. But next 2 her, is a very old man who looks and smells rich grin......I said to my myself, no that's not her dad... I still remember how her dad looks. then I stood up and looked well again..... they are both wearing the same attire, and the mc is saying here comes the groom and bride.... everybody stood up clapping for them, I was so shocked....but I manage to congratulate her, but I still wonder.
pls help me to understand why old men whom are suppose to relax and rest in their old age are marrying young girls...
while men of 33, to 36 even 37 are either waiting to meet the right one or are dating countless babes.
whats really happening?

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The New Trends In Getting Married These Days.. I Bow! by borntosave: 3:49pm On Dec 30, 2014
End time tins grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The New Trends In Getting Married These Days.. I Bow! by Nobody: 3:54pm On Dec 30, 2014
Another scenario, happened to a male friend of mine hes in his mid 30s, having issues in his relationship with his gf... we agreed to meet up for a good chat and talk about what happening in our lives... With a sad face, he said his dad of 70 years has gotten married to one very pretty babe... and he was not even informed about it. my friend always travels for business and his mum is late, hes the only son.. one fateful period, he travelled and stayed away for months due to business, then when he came to town, his first point of visit , was 2 check on his dad @ home... when he got 2 his dad's house, he rang the bell, a young lady opened the door for him, he looked at her with surprise, and asked who are you? she simply greeted him, smiled and walked into one of the rooms... he went to his dad's room and asked him. Dad, pls who's that lady I saw, few mins ago?
the dad , smiled and said oh Rita? I thot av introduced her 2 u , before.... well, that's my new legal wife. he said what! ....wait dad are u joking?.....dad hissed and continued reading his papers.... well lemme fastforward again.....
after getting through the shock that hes dad, whom he feels shouldn't be thinking of getting married at that age, is really married!
when he got back to his own house sadly , after 30mins his dad called his number...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The New Trends In Getting Married These Days.. I Bow! by Nobody: 4:07pm On Dec 30, 2014
and said son, pls stop visiting us for a long while... aren't u thinking of having your own wife?.... he looked at his phone , placed it on his ears and asked dad, whats d problem ? did I offend you,..av accepted your decision, so whats the problem?....his dad said, its seems my wife is having feelings towards you, all through the period we had dinner, there was dis twinkle in her eyes when asking u questions... and am not comfortable , pls don't come visit again... pls stay away for a long while, and go get married , don't worry I will be fine son...he was so shaken, he shouted at his dad... daddy, because of woman u r denying your son of over 30years old? are u ok?
the dad just cut the call.... he was grieved, because hes so close to his dad, he never imagined anything like this could happen. his dad loves his late mum so much, he didn't realize another woman will steal his affections again, even at that age...he went to the village, reported to his uncles, everyone said, well theyv talked but he wont listen, he has married her but its a shame he wouldn't want u 2 see him anymore..

he was so emotional , as he was talking 2 me, I could feel his pain.. I tried 2 cheer him up and make him look at the brighter side, think about getting married too. and one day his dad will reconcile back with him again...he should be patient.. hes really hurt

why are old men taking these steps and marrying younger ladies?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The New Trends In Getting Married These Days.. I Bow! by Nobody: 4:14pm On Dec 30, 2014
I honestly cant seem to wrap my mind round it.... undecided
Re: The New Trends In Getting Married These Days.. I Bow! by Nobody: 4:36pm On Dec 30, 2014
Girls are not smiling. I pity the men bcs the girls are waiting to inherit their wealth.

10 Likes

Re: The New Trends In Getting Married These Days.. I Bow! by bennyrazz: 4:42pm On Dec 30, 2014
@Amelian, do you have any gossip blog yet? if not I recommend you get one and post all these stories there. Your aproko is very sweet and I trust you'd get a lot of followers and back to your last post I think there's really nothing wrong in your friend's father seeking for love at that age. Since his wife is dead, I think he needs what will keep him going and if the newly wedded wife in her 30's will, there's nothing wrong but if his wife was still alive then its wrong. But the motive of a 30yr old lady marrying a 70 something yrs man needs to be under the spotlight and the situation have to be monitored properly. Let that young lady not kill and cart away with the man's property.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: The New Trends In Getting Married These Days.. I Bow! by cococandy(f): 4:46pm On Dec 30, 2014
Amebo tongue

Face your work

4 Likes

Re: The New Trends In Getting Married These Days.. I Bow! by lilmax(m): 4:47pm On Dec 30, 2014
They are in love
Re: The New Trends In Getting Married These Days.. I Bow! by jnrbayano(m): 4:52pm On Dec 30, 2014
Why not worry about yourself Op?

cry

2 Likes

Re: The New Trends In Getting Married These Days.. I Bow! by Nobody: 5:26pm On Dec 30, 2014
Every woman [size=18pt]GOSSIP.[/size] undecided
Re: The New Trends In Getting Married These Days.. I Bow! by EfemenaXY: 5:40pm On Dec 30, 2014
Lol!

Amelian, because the girls have wisened up and aren't willing to be put on hold by little boys who are:

~ Scared of marriage

~ Scared of responsibility

~ Not yet ready to settle down

~ Not yet emotionally mature

~ And yes, not financially capable to look after a family yet.

Re: the last story about the 30 something year old man shunned by his father, his real gripe here is that he's afraid this new wife will turn his dad's head against him and take up all of his inheritance.

8 Likes

Re: The New Trends In Getting Married These Days.. I Bow! by Nobody: 5:51pm On Dec 30, 2014
Uche face your work....... undecided

1 Like

Re: The New Trends In Getting Married These Days.. I Bow! by babygirlfl: 6:04pm On Dec 30, 2014
Op, you need to open a gossip blog. Start making money with your talent.
Re: The New Trends In Getting Married These Days.. I Bow! by Nobody: 6:38pm On Dec 30, 2014
hehehheheheheheheheheh grin grin grin
cant stop laughing here....mehn! see babes ooo cheesy cheesy

well, all the advice here is noted cool
will look into the prospects accordingly.

but honestly, lets assume they are not close 2 me, I wont really bother.
am simply concerned , and it makes me wonder smiley
Re: The New Trends In Getting Married These Days.. I Bow! by Nobody: 6:41pm On Dec 30, 2014
jnrbayano:
Why not worry about yourself Op?

cry

no need for the tears.... my own case is settled smiley but thanks for the concern smiley

4 Likes

Re: The New Trends In Getting Married These Days.. I Bow! by mattiecuttie(f): 7:09pm On Dec 30, 2014
op pics na undecided
Re: The New Trends In Getting Married These Days.. I Bow! by ekeneidiagbor: 8:09pm On Dec 30, 2014
EfemenaXY:
Lol!

Amelian, because the girls have wisened up and aren't willing to be put on hold by little boys who are:

~ Scared of marriage

~ Scared of responsibility

~ Not yet ready to settle down

~ Not yet emotionally mature

~ And yes, not financially capable to look after a family yet.

Re: the last story about the 30 something year old man shunned by his father, his real gripe here is that he's afraid this new wife will turn his dad's head against him and take up all of his inheritance.

Ok, I wanna believ u're a lady lets assume u r in ur late 20 or early 30's... Ur dad decides to pick a wife ur age or probably younger would you be totally comfortable with it?.. Wud u accept it wit all gladness and nt be troubled for a second.... What wud be ur perception of the lady gettin married to ur father?
Ansa honestly, pls!

3 Likes

Re: The New Trends In Getting Married These Days.. I Bow! by EfemenaXY: 8:15pm On Dec 30, 2014
ekeneidiagbor:

Ok, I wanna believ u're a lady lets assume u r in ur late 20 or early 30's... Ur dad decides to pick a wife ur age or probably younger would you be totally comfortable with it?.. Wud u accept it wit all gladness and nt be troubled for a second.... What wud be ur perception of the lady gettin married to ur father?
Ansa honestly, pls!

I would be more concerned about my inheritance and it being intact, new wife or not.

That aside, if she makes him happy, then what's my problem with that?
Re: The New Trends In Getting Married These Days.. I Bow! by Nobody: 8:15pm On Dec 30, 2014
Every body is gunning for the gold, end time thingz grin.

3 Likes

Re: The New Trends In Getting Married These Days.. I Bow! by Nobody: 8:17pm On Dec 30, 2014

Re: The New Trends In Getting Married These Days.. I Bow! by ekeneidiagbor: 8:25pm On Dec 30, 2014
EfemenaXY:

I would be more concerned about my inheritance and it being intact, new wife or not.

That aside, if she makes him happy, then what's my problem with that?

Ok gud... If u r more concerned about ur inheritance, den I guess the new wife shud be the cause for ur concern, making u uncomfortable with her arrival... Either ways u r still troubled, bt dis tym ur prob is with her standing btw u and ur inheritance.... I guess dat will make ur actions a lil bit inappropriate towards her...

2 Likes

Re: The New Trends In Getting Married These Days.. I Bow! by EfemenaXY: 8:35pm On Dec 30, 2014
ekeneidiagbor:

Ok gud... If u r more concerned about ur inheritance, den I guess the new wife shud be the cause for ur concern, making u uncomfortable with her arrival... Either ways u r still troubled, bt dis tym ur prob is with her standing btw u and ur inheritance.... I guess dat will make ur actions a lil bit inappropriate towards her...

What sort of "actions" are you referring to here?

Your initial question to me was: how would I feel if my dad marries a woman young enough to be his own daughter. I believe I answered that question fully.

So why're you trying to add words to my mouth? i.e deviating and making assumptions on my behalf? What sort of inappropriate actions are you referring to?
Re: The New Trends In Getting Married These Days.. I Bow! by 100Cents: 10:02pm On Dec 30, 2014
Amelian:
My dear people of nld, my ears and eyes have seen wonders since November till last weekend ....*heaves a deep sigh*
Have noticed couples getting married these days, is either the groom is way younger than the bride, Or the groom is way older than the bride undecided. And when I mean older than the bride, am not saying 10years difference o, or 20years difference, am talking about an 75yr old man getting married to a 30yr old lady sad....
Initially, when I saw a post on Anenih and his young bride, I laughed,shook my head and read all the comments peeps were making here, I even contributed my own quota into the post grin.
Hmmmmmmm, my dear nlders, my mouth is heavy, on what happened to one of my childhood friends, a young lady of 32years, very pretty, got married last weekend to a 75 year old man, all his airs , white grey... although he looks wealthy and rich, due to his looks, but am so shocked, she decided to marry a way older man undecided
when both of us was catching up about old times and then into our love lives, before she got married o... The day way she spoke about her bf? she actually looked inlove , and was singing his praises on how he accepted her warmly into his home in VGC, Lekki...and this guy is so loving, I was like eeyah, that's nice....thank God, I gushed with smiles. I then said , God will definitely complete his good works in your relationship, she said a loud amen. then we went our different ways, until after like few months, she gave me her wedding IV.... I was like Wow!, that's my babe...she was talking excitedly about it.
I then went 2 d wedding, lo and behold , lemme fast forward, I saw her walking down, calmly smiling ,waving, heavily beaded up with native attire as she walks to the huge canopy erected for the bride n groom. But next 2 her, is a very old man who looks and smells rich grin......I said to my myself, no that's not her dad... I still remember how her dad looks. then I stood up and looked well again..... they are both wearing the same attire, and the mc is saying here comes the groom and bride.... everybody stood up clapping for them, I was so shocked....but I manage to congratulate her, but I still wonder.
pls help me to understand why old men whom are suppose to relax and rest in their old age are marrying young girls...
while men of 33, to 36 even 37 are either waiting to meet the right one or are dating countless babes.
whats really happening?

Amelia, are you married ?

1 Like

Re: The New Trends In Getting Married These Days.. I Bow! by 100Cents: 10:05pm On Dec 30, 2014
Most Nigerian men die young due to economic stress and leave their wives to enjoy the fruit of their children's labour.

Many can attest to that. My dad is already late before his kids started getting money.

If a man by stroke of providence lives beyond his wife and is rich, let him pamper himself..
Re: The New Trends In Getting Married These Days.. I Bow! by Nobody: 10:10pm On Dec 30, 2014
100Cents:
Most Nigerian men die young due to economic stress and leave their wives to enjoy the fruit of their children's labour.

Many can attest to that. My dad is already late before his kids started getting money.

If a man by stroke of providence lives beyond his wife and is rich, let him pamper himself..
well your presumption is wrong . why are these politicians alive then if most die young . My dad is about 70 , still making money and hs got friends in this age group.
Re: The New Trends In Getting Married These Days.. I Bow! by Nobody: 10:11pm On Dec 30, 2014
EfemenaXY:

What sort of "actions" are you referring to here?

Your initial question to me was: how would I feel if my dad marries a woman young enough to be his own daughter. I believe I answered that question fully.

So why're you trying to add words to my mouth? i.e deviating and making assumptions on my behalf? What sort of inappropriate actions are you referring to?
The truth remains she is gonna be your worst enemy , forget all those arguments you put upthere.
Re: The New Trends In Getting Married These Days.. I Bow! by 100Cents: 10:13pm On Dec 30, 2014
majekdom2:
well your presumption is wrong . why are these politicians alive then if most die young . My dad is about 70 , still making money and hs got friends in this age group.

Ask him to marry a small girl...
Re: The New Trends In Getting Married These Days.. I Bow! by Nobody: 10:19pm On Dec 30, 2014
100Cents:

Ask him to marry a small girl...
hehehe , his case was beyond control when it comes to women . if not for prostate enlargement , he would be thinking of the 6th wife by now .
Re: The New Trends In Getting Married These Days.. I Bow! by EfemenaXY: 10:36pm On Dec 30, 2014
majekdom2:
The truth remains she is gonna be your worst enemy , forget all those arguments you put upthere.

I know this might hard for you, but try not to judge everyone by your own sordid standards.

I don't harbour evil towards others - and I think this is the premise of your grouse with the step mother in this scenario.
Re: The New Trends In Getting Married These Days.. I Bow! by Nobody: 11:00pm On Dec 30, 2014
mattiecuttie:
op pics na undecided

pics ke?....no, I need permission first before I can display the marriage ceremony pics...

so no pics dear

1 Like

Re: The New Trends In Getting Married These Days.. I Bow! by Nobody: 11:05pm On Dec 30, 2014
100Cents:

Amelia, are you married ?

yes, am married but 2 a younger guy smiley

satisfied?

but this is not about me oooo...lets focus on the topic, abeg grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What's Your Experience With Money Lending/Borrowing? / Ok / Protect Your Baby Boy From Becoming A Homosexual

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.