Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:08 AM

Ladies What Is The Longest Distance You Have Driven A Car? - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Ladies What Is The Longest Distance You Have Driven A Car? (17053 Views)

The Longest Road Trip You've Driven? / Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? / What Was The Longest Distance You Have Driven With A Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladies What Is The Longest Distance You Have Driven A Car? by Jarus(m): 4:58pm On Jan 02, 2015
aishaquest:

I'm curious. Why is that?

Fear of highway.
Re: Ladies What Is The Longest Distance You Have Driven A Car? by vivaciousvivi(f): 5:09pm On Jan 02, 2015
neoapocalypse:

Lazy you, I know ladies who have driven from Lagos to Ilorin

Shebi they had a reason to go to ilorin? I don't have such reason so..... grin

1 Like

Re: Ladies What Is The Longest Distance You Have Driven A Car? by Nobody: 5:10pm On Jan 02, 2015
My MUM! Lagos to Kaduna, Benin to Kaduna... Big Ops to you mum... I LOVE YOU!!!

2 Likes

Re: Ladies What Is The Longest Distance You Have Driven A Car? by aishaquest(f): 5:26pm On Jan 02, 2015
Jarus:

Fear of highway.

Ok. That I can understand. I Will not be driving myself when I come to Nigeria. The thought scares me to death. Would you let her drive in a safer place?
Re: Ladies What Is The Longest Distance You Have Driven A Car? by Teekayeee(f): 5:44pm On Jan 02, 2015
grin
Mrbigman1:

U try jare, u deserve a hand shake ma'am.
Re: Ladies What Is The Longest Distance You Have Driven A Car? by Jarus(m): 5:52pm On Jan 02, 2015
aishaquest:

Ok. That I can understand. I Will not be driving myself when I come to Nigeria. The thought scares me to death. Would you let her drive in a safer place?

She drives very well within Lagos, and elsewhere in as much as intracity. I only ban her from intercity and very dangerous highways.

1 Like

Re: Ladies What Is The Longest Distance You Have Driven A Car? by Kenneth205(m): 6:05pm On Jan 02, 2015
RedBenson:

I doubt if even 2% of ladies on this forum are closed to cars let alone driving. Who dash monkey bananna?

I tll ya bro, bt sure we qat some posh ladies here tho.
Re: Ladies What Is The Longest Distance You Have Driven A Car? by mamajohn(f): 6:22pm On Jan 02, 2015
I drove from TinCan Port in Lagos to Akure, Ondo State through Ibadan in November 2014, about 320km that is my longest distance so far

1 Like

Re: Ladies What Is The Longest Distance You Have Driven A Car? by uboma(m): 7:58pm On Jan 02, 2015
Jimwalex:

u mean 5-6 hour,bro?...cos even zaria to kano wld take u up to 2hrs.i doubt if u can spend anything less than 3.5-4hrs frm Abuja to Zaria..speaking frm xperience...just tot u should knw,tanx!

I have made it to Kano from Abuja with my E39 at 4 hours precisely. Others who are speed demons claim to have made it within 3.5hours or thereabout. I never get that kind liver...

So my friend, i know what i am talking about... However it may take others 5 to 6 hours to cover the same distance. It all depends on the man behind the wheels and the condition of the car.

3 Likes

Re: Ladies What Is The Longest Distance You Have Driven A Car? by barnaby04(m): 8:04pm On Jan 02, 2015
So many lies from people claiming to drive fast and long distances.

I used to know an anty in my hood in Lagos those days that drives down to Abuja once in a while to visit her husband.

My advice, doing anything above 130/kph on most of our roads irrespective of where you heading to is suicidal considering the many potholes or even graters in some instances on our roads.

Life has no duplicate, becareful with how you use yours.

4 Likes

Re: Ladies What Is The Longest Distance You Have Driven A Car? by Nobody: 8:45pm On Jan 02, 2015
vivaciousvivi:
Drove to Sango and back! I try grin
....with those nice and sturdy legz;u no try.
Re: Ladies What Is The Longest Distance You Have Driven A Car? by Nobody: 8:49pm On Jan 02, 2015
janedoe:
Drove from Baltimore Maryland to Houston Texas and back(twice)
Bravo;you are a champion
Re: Ladies What Is The Longest Distance You Have Driven A Car? by seunoni34(m): 8:53pm On Jan 02, 2015
145km/hr?? On a average?
I don't believe this.

1 Like

Re: Ladies What Is The Longest Distance You Have Driven A Car? by Nobody: 9:02pm On Jan 02, 2015
Masterchef:

Hello friend, people go above 190km/hr on Benin bypass going towards Warri interchange . You can also do well above 170km/hr on Benin Warri Highway. My own least cruising speed on these roads over a period of 5 years that I worked in Warri and shuttled from IB was 160km/hr. Sure you won't believe that I once got dusted at 200km/hr by a biker on Akure-Ilesha Highway? Mind you, this was on the single carriageway portion about 2 years ago. I regularly chased the particular group of bikers in question. On Ilesha dual carriageway up till Oduduwa University roundabout near Ife, you can enjoy your car steady at slightly above 200km/hr. FYI I did all of this in a Maxima that I bought here on Nairaland in Feb 2010 from "Arnold.... .? " I changed oil/tyres etc at less than 1/2 the due periods though. In conclusion, as someone said earlier, Nigerian roads are not as bad as to limit us to a meager 145kmph

a biker here on NL as done runs above 200km/hr.ur facts are right
Re: Ladies What Is The Longest Distance You Have Driven A Car? by blakky97(m): 9:47pm On Jan 02, 2015
nora544:
I like to drive and the fastest I could make was 210 km/hr with the car from a friend and normaly I drive between 140 and 170 km/hr.

The longest way I make alone with a car was from Vienna to Hamburg in germany that is about 1200 km one way, with two stops where drank coffee.

I was 18 when I got my first own car.

I drive very much when i go for holiday because i have a motorhome and the longest way with stops was from vienna to the nord cap in norway and back in 3 Weeks.
210km/hr. this is the funniest joke so far
Re: Ladies What Is The Longest Distance You Have Driven A Car? by simdam500(m): 9:54pm On Jan 02, 2015
disappointed! so husbands don't want their wife to drive...

men na we dey kill ours! shey e bad if we just sit they look ass while the wife drive lol
Re: Ladies What Is The Longest Distance You Have Driven A Car? by eaglechild: 10:35pm On Jan 02, 2015
Masterchef:

Hello friend, people go above 190km/hr on Benin bypass going towards Warri interchange . You can also do well above 170km/hr on Benin Warri Highway. My own least cruising speed on these roads over a period of 5 years that I worked in Warri and shuttled from IB was 160km/hr. Sure you won't believe that I once got dusted at 200km/hr by a biker on Akure-Ilesha Highway? Mind you, this was on the single carriageway portion about 2 years ago. I regularly chased the particular group of bikers in question. On Ilesha dual carriageway up till Oduduwa University roundabout near Ife, you can enjoy your car steady at slightly above 200km/hr. FYI I did all of this in[b] a Maxima [/b]that I bought here on Nairaland in Feb 2010 from "Arnold.... .? " I changed oil/tyres etc at less than 1/2 the due periods though. In conclusion, as someone said earlier, Nigerian roads are not as bad as to limit us to a meager 145kmph
That explains it.

I have done something similar in a maxima without stress (that car handles excellently for a non luxury japanese) some time in the past but i will not try it again.

I also advise that you should not.
Re: Ladies What Is The Longest Distance You Have Driven A Car? by maxjax(m): 10:46pm On Jan 02, 2015
i have actually seen a lady drive from accra ghana to anambra nigeria.
Re: Ladies What Is The Longest Distance You Have Driven A Car? by Mbediogu(m): 10:56pm On Jan 02, 2015
ritux:

How many hours is Abuja to Kano?

four to four and half hours through Kaduna - Zaria - Kano, depending on speed and traffic between Kaduna and Zaria.
Re: Ladies What Is The Longest Distance You Have Driven A Car? by nora544: 10:58pm On Jan 02, 2015
blakky97:

that was no joke that was a renault and it goes 213 kn and in europa the Autobahn is very good so you can drive it.

it is no joke.
Re: Ladies What Is The Longest Distance You Have Driven A Car? by Ladybluecash(f): 12:13am On Jan 03, 2015
5hrs..... Frm victoria island to my house.... Wit my legediz benz... Twasnt easy at all... Abeg NL i want to travel to bauchi hw many hrs journey b dat? Cos am considerin nytbus... Answer pls
Re: Ladies What Is The Longest Distance You Have Driven A Car? by Nobody: 12:52am On Jan 03, 2015
I drove from my huse to s junctioncheesy while I ws learning then cheesy
Re: Ladies What Is The Longest Distance You Have Driven A Car? by Larrydee(m): 1:51am On Jan 03, 2015
blakky97:

It's no joke. I have personally experienced speeds up to 210km/h and it wasn't on any autobahn. It was on third mainland.
Re: Ladies What Is The Longest Distance You Have Driven A Car? by donbabade: 6:34am On Jan 03, 2015
Jesus!
Some pple can speed o! Chai!
When I see speedometer guage reaching 240km/hr. I ask myself why? Since no one will try it. I never realised pple in nigeria take such mumu risk. Okada sorry power bike and car na d same thing? Okada can navigate a lil space. A car can't. Despite driving a particular route on several occasions. All dis commercial drivers still bump into potholes. Speed while u can. Kill urself while u re at it but don't kill someone I knw/love
Re: Ladies What Is The Longest Distance You Have Driven A Car? by oluwaseunla(m): 7:48am On Jan 03, 2015
Me just dey watch comments. Anyways, for peeps thinking that people don't drive that fast, maybe y'all should go through this thread:

https://www.nairaland.com/999283/fastest-speed-ever-driven-car

cheesy wink

But please, drive responsibly o. Overspeeding is both illegal and dangerous. You have nothing to prove to anybody, at least, not when your life is on the line.
Re: Ladies What Is The Longest Distance You Have Driven A Car? by blakky97(m): 7:56am On Jan 03, 2015
nora544:

that was no joke that was a renault and it goes 213 kn and in europa the Autobahn is very good so you can drive it.

it is no joke.
can you control it?. If you try 150 on nigerian roads. heaven will receive a new visitor that day.
Re: Ladies What Is The Longest Distance You Have Driven A Car? by blakky97(m): 7:57am On Jan 03, 2015
Larrydee:

It's no joke. I have personally experienced speeds up to 210km/h and it wasn't on any autobahn. It was on third mainland.
oga! 210 for 3rd mainland. strong man. shey u fit swim sha.
Re: Ladies What Is The Longest Distance You Have Driven A Car? by uboma(m): 8:25am On Jan 03, 2015
Mrbigman1:

Is said plus or minus sire. U can't even tell me it's four hours with a range rover and u want a V4 engine camery to do same? I gave a range of time assumptions not an exact. Anyways, u win

What makes you think a Range Rover can't make it to Kano from Abuja with 4 hours? Have you had a first hand experience with this car?
Re: Ladies What Is The Longest Distance You Have Driven A Car? by vivaciousvivi(f): 2:37pm On Jan 03, 2015
IHate9ja1:

....with those nice and sturdy legz;u no try.
Hahahaha..i beg I try jo cheesy
Re: Ladies What Is The Longest Distance You Have Driven A Car? by omoafolo: 3:18pm On Jan 03, 2015
I've frequently driven from PH to Calabar
PH to Uyo&Eket
PH to Bayelsa

I drive a Manual car and I enjoy driving myself.
Re: Ladies What Is The Longest Distance You Have Driven A Car? by ukandi1(m): 6:42pm On Jan 03, 2015
justynneke:
Me ke, highest na akure to idanre. I doubt if av gotten to 80 before sef

climbing that idanre hill no be small thing oh....
How i miss that little town of idanre which i left after my NYSC. ODODE-IDANRE

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Is An "Idle Relearn Procedure"? / Taxi drivers, What Do You Do To Forgotten Items When You Can't Trace The Owner? / Brake Disc And Abs Problem With Toyota Highlander

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.