Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,208 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:52 PM

In Pictures: Fashola Beautifies Eko Atlantic City Lagos Ahead Of 2015, New Year - Nairaland / General (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / In Pictures: Fashola Beautifies Eko Atlantic City Lagos Ahead Of 2015, New Year (44929 Views)

Shocking World Tragedies Of 2015. / The Real Difference Between Men And Women In Pictures / Why You Like The Colour You Like Is Because Colors Beautifies Our Destinies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: In Pictures: Fashola Beautifies Eko Atlantic City Lagos Ahead Of 2015, New Year by jingh(f): 8:32am On Dec 31, 2014
SAVEDBABA:
taaaa,na lie only some places are fine in Lagos,checkout Ikotun,Ijegun and co nd u will no wot,I am saying
its still inhabitable, business venture for people, club and hotel.
it may not look like lekki shah due to d less attenttion giving to it.
Abi you no dey go ASO ROCK
Re: In Pictures: Fashola Beautifies Eko Atlantic City Lagos Ahead Of 2015, New Year by Muzikluva(m): 8:34am On Dec 31, 2014
Roland17:
Critize and hate all you want.... there is absolutely no question as to the visible physical, infrastructural and to some extent mentality transformation that have occurred in Lagos State during his tenure, especially for the populace who have been resident or previously lived in Lagos for the past 10-15 years..

It is very vital for a developing economy to have proven intellectuals within administration as leaders and Fashola has more than justified this school of thought..
I agree with you.Seriously I don't know how Tinubu follows him about without getting ashamed because during his time,he didn't do a quarter of what Fashola has done.
Re: In Pictures: Fashola Beautifies Eko Atlantic City Lagos Ahead Of 2015, New Year by Nobody: 8:37am On Dec 31, 2014
These decorations are transient and not a permanent fixture, so do not deserve the kind of praise one is seeing here. People should stop being shallow and childish.

1 Like

Re: In Pictures: Fashola Beautifies Eko Atlantic City Lagos Ahead Of 2015, New Year by securi: 8:37am On Dec 31, 2014
Thank you my Bro. I also ask myself that question always. That is why l believe this is more of an individual thing than a party. People should look out for individuals they are outstanding and can deliver and not being dogmatic about supporting any party.

Muzikluva:
I agree with you.Seriously I don't know how Tinubu follows him about without getting ashamed because during his time,he didn't do a quarter of what Fashola has done.

1 Like

Re: In Pictures: Fashola Beautifies Eko Atlantic City Lagos Ahead Of 2015, New Year by dopoyen: 8:45am On Dec 31, 2014
Don't justify his works based on the beautification of the mainland...forgetting that the mainland is just a small portion of lagos....so I don't thing he is doing any spectacular work in Lagos State. ..We have areas like Babadagry, okoko, ikotun, ajegunle, so pls Mr BRF or BRT, u have done nothing for lagosians. ...spread the love and stop concentrating on the mainland only....
Bernou72:
Come to Uyo & Calabar & see what is called beautification
Re: In Pictures: Fashola Beautifies Eko Atlantic City Lagos Ahead Of 2015, New Year by Nobody: 8:49am On Dec 31, 2014
eleojo23:
Beautiful.
Presently it seems there two worlds in Lagos - the very developed parts and the underdeveloped parts.
The government should also pay attention to the less developed areas so that the full beauty of Lagos can be appreciated.

You re so on point with this,, funny enough the govt keeps beautifying the already developed places of Lagos while abandoning the underdeveloped;; talk about taking coal to newcastle or even Enugu!!

They keep beautifying the Lagos islands,ikeja, lekki, V/I - and I ask if these re the only parts of lagos dt requires attention ?

Look at oshodi- apapa, lagos badagry, Iba-igando-iyanapaja- ikorodu. These re avenues from wch this govt makes millions (apapa,badagry) yet the revenue generated from here is used to beautify "LAGOS" there is God oh!!
Re: In Pictures: Fashola Beautifies Eko Atlantic City Lagos Ahead Of 2015, New Year by millionaireman: 9:16am On Dec 31, 2014
musiwa97:
www.nairaland.com/attachments/1716169_460096segun12jpg4bfb4dc2f15478f82dd29518c3681c9d_jpegf7c5dbae160d29d06d1022a3570cc47f

[size=18pt]His Royal Highness

Oduduwa Ade. Ade. Ade. Ade AdeMusiwa

House of Oduduwa
Emperor of Independent country of the Kingdom of Western Nigeria ( by International law).

I hereby make a proclamation, by the power granted to me, by international law, that Nobody should pay taxes to Nigeria, inline with international law. I have contact the united nation, and reported Nigeria abuse of international law.

It is important to note.
That the scam by Nigeria has to stop.

Long live the Independent country of the Kingdom of Western Nigeria

[/size]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeoHA_IyLgs&list=UUb87BDP4HGsiqBllDwiejIQ

[img]http://thepeoplesrepublicofsouthnigeria.files./2014/01/20140111-204306.jpg[/img]

Chei, even Asaba and Agbor de inside Musiwa's Oduduwa country.
Re: In Pictures: Fashola Beautifies Eko Atlantic City Lagos Ahead Of 2015, New Year by MKO4ever(m): 9:52am On Dec 31, 2014
dopoyen:
Don't justify his works based on the beautification of the mainland...forgetting that the mainland is just a small portion of lagos....so I don't thing he is doing any spectacular work in Lagos State. ..We have areas like Babadagry, okoko, ikotun, ajegunle, so pls Mr BRF or BRT, u have done nothing for lagosians. ...spread the love and stop concentrating on the mainland only....

Do you live in Lagos at all? Do you know the difference between mainland and island?
My friend, these decorations are on the island (Ahmadu Bello Way in Victoria Island) and not mainland
Re: In Pictures: Fashola Beautifies Eko Atlantic City Lagos Ahead Of 2015, New Year by CHM11: 9:55am On Dec 31, 2014
drfk001:

Niggas be forming..I pay tax of 600million whereas the only job they have is on Nairaland
Here goes another hungry mofo!!!..mumu don't u know what 'I' represents there?..i.e Lagos Island.... U just opened your gutter anyhow.
Re: In Pictures: Fashola Beautifies Eko Atlantic City Lagos Ahead Of 2015, New Year by musiwa97: 10:33am On Dec 31, 2014
x

1 Like

Re: In Pictures: Fashola Beautifies Eko Atlantic City Lagos Ahead Of 2015, New Year by dunkem21(m): 10:38am On Dec 31, 2014
MizMyColi:
Fashola remains one of Nigeria's all time best.

He's a visionary.

I agree intoto.

Not fielding him as a vice presidential candidate is APC's mistake.

I remember recommending him.

1 Like

Re: In Pictures: Fashola Beautifies Eko Atlantic City Lagos Ahead Of 2015, New Year by musiwa97: 10:39am On Dec 31, 2014
Re: In Pictures: Fashola Beautifies Eko Atlantic City Lagos Ahead Of 2015, New Year by MizMyColi(f): 10:39am On Dec 31, 2014
dunkem21:

I agree intoto.

Not fielding him as a vice presidential candidate is APC's mistake.

I remember recommending him.

Same here
Re: In Pictures: Fashola Beautifies Eko Atlantic City Lagos Ahead Of 2015, New Year by lovespyc007: 10:43am On Dec 31, 2014
I tire 4 many nigerians even some talkin trash in d name of praisin d little work of a govnor dat is nt actually his doin dat shld be his responsibility of been a govnor development shld be 4 evry1 n evrywhere nt a selectd few or places all d tins he(fashola) hs done shld be seen as responsibilities nt achievements cos dat is y d masses voted 4 him some1 ws talkin trash dat hw cn he pay #600thousand on tax n some1 pays 50k n expect d same development lmao ws it written in any place or even in d tax account dat there is rich man tax n poor man tax? Weda rich or poor d total money collectd shld be 4 d best interest of all nt 4 only d rich afterall no 1 created riches n no 1 made poverty n all fingers r nt equal bt accordin 2 1s ability so y d celebration pls vote d right person 4 us 2 progress n develop properly

1 Like

Re: In Pictures: Fashola Beautifies Eko Atlantic City Lagos Ahead Of 2015, New Year by Danosophe(m): 11:31am On Dec 31, 2014
Good work! No doubting. He's good at it and known for it: beautification, flowers and tree planting and painting of road-side pavements. But the people of the Mainland, places like Oshodi, Isolo, Ladipo, Shomolu, Ikotu/Idimu, Mushin/Idi-Araba, Ikorodu and ha suburbs, also deserve good roads before beautification. These are the very densely populated areas where the votes came from, and not the less densely populated, high profile areas like the Islands.
Re: In Pictures: Fashola Beautifies Eko Atlantic City Lagos Ahead Of 2015, New Year by EMEzzy(m): 12:18pm On Dec 31, 2014
Kororugged:

Are you working Y1bo man?

I doubt it but if you are, are you paying your tax? Make sure you and your fellow Igbo immigrants are paying tax so the Yoruba government can pay for social amenities to accommodate Igbo immigrants living in Yorubaland.

We will not neglect you, just find a job and pay your tax....

Eko O Ni Baje oooooooo
Fool
Re: In Pictures: Fashola Beautifies Eko Atlantic City Lagos Ahead Of 2015, New Year by TolaniLuv: 12:21pm On Dec 31, 2014
Dramadiddy:
Well fashola is trying, but it doesnt make sense when he only sees to the needs of the people who live in those areas,..abi ajegunle, ikotun, etc no be lagos?

All these area you mentioned , first how many people pay tax for ajegunle?

They have local gov chairman too, he can do the same. He can't be everywhere u know?
Re: In Pictures: Fashola Beautifies Eko Atlantic City Lagos Ahead Of 2015, New Year by NellyGhenghen(m): 12:22pm On Dec 31, 2014
Roland17:
Critize and hate all you want.... there is absolutely no question as to the visible physical, infrastructural and to some extent mentality transformation that have occurred in Lagos State during his tenure, especially for the populace who have been resident or previously lived in Lagos for the past 10-15 years..

It is very vital for a developing economy to have proven intellectuals within administration as leaders and Fashola has more than justified this school of thought..

Totally agree
Re: In Pictures: Fashola Beautifies Eko Atlantic City Lagos Ahead Of 2015, New Year by gneisss: 12:27pm On Dec 31, 2014
vanunu:

This is absolutely nothing,
exactly... yet the way the youth continue celebrating mediocrity, our politicians are just trowing pea nuts to us.

1 Like

Re: In Pictures: Fashola Beautifies Eko Atlantic City Lagos Ahead Of 2015, New Year by gneisss: 12:39pm On Dec 31, 2014
Danosophe:
Good work! No doubting. He's good at it and known for it: beautification, flowers and tree planting and painting of road-side pavements. But the people of the Mainland, places like Oshodi, Isolo, Ladipo, Shomolu, Ikotu/Idimu, Mushin/Idi-Araba, Ikorodu and ha suburbs, also deserve good roads before beautification. These are the very densely populated areas where the votes came from, and not the less densely populated, high profile areas like the Islands.
exactly what I'm saying, Lagos is still very under develop if u ask me, there are more places in lagos that are not even suitable for human life..lets forget the hype, island and lekki isn't the whole of lagos..lets do the basics and forget the fancy things that doesn't add any value to the common man
Re: In Pictures: Fashola Beautifies Eko Atlantic City Lagos Ahead Of 2015, New Year by DTaj: 12:43pm On Dec 31, 2014
MizMyColi:

He's a visionary.

Well said, MizMyColi. Fashola is head and shoulder above his peer Governors. The facts are too glaring. While some Governors are busy commissioning boreholes and 'keke Marwa and NAPEP empowerment', Fashola is commissioning ground-breaking projects that will well outlive his tenure.

Anyone who has lived in Lagos from 1975 (till today) would appreciate the positive impact of the Fashola years. It is beyond party allegiance. Performance has no party colour.

It is the same way people who have lived in Akwa-Ibom in the past 20 years have been talking positively about Godswill Akpabio.

Truth is constant.

1 Like

Re: In Pictures: Fashola Beautifies Eko Atlantic City Lagos Ahead Of 2015, New Year by gneisss: 12:45pm On Dec 31, 2014
TolaniLuv:

They have local gov chairman too, he can do the same. He can't be everywhere u know?
thats total bullshit, the local government dosent have autonomy so where are the gonna get the money to carry out a capital intensive project like construct a road? its the state government work simple

1 Like

Re: In Pictures: Fashola Beautifies Eko Atlantic City Lagos Ahead Of 2015, New Year by StoneColdBiceps(m): 2:08pm On Dec 31, 2014
Roland17:

We have a lot of Fasholas only if our political environment allows them. Party aside, fashola is a complete gentle man, a cosmopolitan leader and a regular guy-he is not a politician. I see d likes of Jimi Agbaje as a replica of Fashola, even eerm errm Ambode but i dont trust accountants but he looks like a fine one. We need leaders of d likes of Fashola. I wait for that kind of a leader dat will transform Benue State (Otukpo).
Re: In Pictures: Fashola Beautifies Eko Atlantic City Lagos Ahead Of 2015, New Year by vodkat: 2:33pm On Dec 31, 2014
mployer:

So that is your perception of ownership? Gullible mindset.

You Just take some irrelevant traditional positions and You think You are in charge. How does the position of Oba affect the day-to-day life of an average lagosian?

In case You don't know, yorubas are gradually becoming minority in lagos. I live in Maryland, every Old house here is owned by yoruba, every new house under constructions is owned by Ibo. Gradually the Old houses are giving way to new houses and some people still think they own Lagos because theu own the Obas living in rusty Old houses.

Calling me bastard over the internet is all You Can do while we take over your land and push You out like Isreal is doing to palestine.

mtchewww.

The day a black man becomes king or queen in england/europe or in saudi arabia that day we can say land ownership or indigieneship doesnt matter. Many ppl are doing a lot of things and not making noise about it.

Just pray that you continuing to irritate your host will not turn into an ife and modakeke war where all the houses that were built by modakeke ppl in ife where destroyed.

The lagos you are living in was called Oko (farm) or Eko before the portugese nicknamed it Lagos after their own slave habour port. The europeans used to buy palm oil, cocoa and slaves (prisoners of war) from SW then.

EKo existed before Nigeria existed and the origins of Lagos was when in 1861 there was war in lagos between Oba AKintoye and Kosoko, Kosoko men killed some british sailors and Akintoye signed a treaty with the british to fight Kosokos men and installing him as Oba.

That was before anything like governor or lga chairman

there were obas and various chiefs and baales..they are still there today and they control the streets

They control all the area boys, agberos NURTW, all tradesmen

As far as i am concerned LAgos is still underdeveloped
Re: In Pictures: Fashola Beautifies Eko Atlantic City Lagos Ahead Of 2015, New Year by vodkat: 2:35pm On Dec 31, 2014
Musiwa they are looking for you in yaba left
Re: In Pictures: Fashola Beautifies Eko Atlantic City Lagos Ahead Of 2015, New Year by vodkat: 2:45pm On Dec 31, 2014
Re: In Pictures: Fashola Beautifies Eko Atlantic City Lagos Ahead Of 2015, New Year by vodkat: 2:49pm On Dec 31, 2014
Africa before Berlin Conference

Re: In Pictures: Fashola Beautifies Eko Atlantic City Lagos Ahead Of 2015, New Year by Dramadiddy(m): 2:52pm On Dec 31, 2014
TolaniLuv:

well he's too around that mainland area
Re: In Pictures: Fashola Beautifies Eko Atlantic City Lagos Ahead Of 2015, New Year by NFFLAWS(m): 6:11pm On Dec 31, 2014
Dramadiddy:
Well fashola is trying, but it doesnt make sense when he only sees to the needs of the people who live in those areas,..abi ajegunle, ikotun, etc no be lagos?
make fashola go waste money people no fit clean there house abi.
Re: In Pictures: Fashola Beautifies Eko Atlantic City Lagos Ahead Of 2015, New Year by Matthewbriggs(m): 6:14pm On Dec 31, 2014
Iamsynord:
Tell me which PDP governor has done up to half of what Fashola has done in Lagos ?? No other choice but APC .. Sai Buhari. GMB2015

Fasholas success in lagos state is enough reason to have fielded him as the presidential candidate for the APC. Blinded by ethnicity they went back to the stone age to pick someone who has no depth who still thinks we are in 1985.

Fashola is more smarter than Buhari ... is it truly a "progressive decision" to chose the duller among the two and expect him to deliver as well as the smarter one. Is that what we call been "Progressive".

2 Likes

Re: In Pictures: Fashola Beautifies Eko Atlantic City Lagos Ahead Of 2015, New Year by obiak4(m): 6:45pm On Dec 31, 2014
MizMyColi:

He's a visionary.
probably u have not been to akwa ibow goodwill is doing 100% of the perceived"what" fashola is doing
my 500000 cowries contribution to this thread

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Recent Photo Of Little Girl With The Popular Meme / Tatiana Kulikova Dies After She Was Thrown Over 200 Meters From Bus Window / A Cobra Killed Near My Pen House (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.