Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:31 AM

Shawarma Business Plan - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Shawarma Business Plan (23780 Views)

Starting A Shawarma Business / Starting Shawarma Business: Help Please / Shawarma Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shawarma Business Plan by kelvinbala1992: 12:58am On Dec 31, 2014
Hi guys, I just finished service (last October) and I have been home for 2 months. However, I cant wait for a job anymore and I am looking to start a business. I thought of Poultry and a shawarma spot. But i think Shawarma is more lucrative. I have no idea about the business but I came up roughly with these items to start up. I am planning of renting a shop in a busy residential area in abuja (Apo). Is it Advisable to start up the business in Apo and is my business plan realistic? Thanks in advance

Business Plan
Item Quantity Amount
Shawarma Toasters 1 80,000
Deep Fryer 1 10,000
Electric Cooker 1 4,000
Deep Freezer 1 50,000
**Fridge 1 30,000
**Insect Killer 2 20,000
Show Glass 1 5,000
**Pop corn 1 50,000

Fry pan and Pots - 15,000
Bowls and Cuttlery - 15,000

Artist 30,000
Carpenter 40,000
Cleaning tools 10,000
Fire extinguisher 2 5,000
**Welder 50,000

CAC 100,000
Miscellaneous 100,000

Total 614,000

** Can start without these ones

I plan to sell shawarma, samosa, spring roll, fries and hotdog.

Please can someone advice me. Thanks

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shawarma Business Plan by bodeoni: 2:58am On Dec 31, 2014
That's a pretty good budget for someone who doesn't know much bout shawarma biz.
Let me first say that the toaster is different from the vertical grill(the machine that roasts the meat).
An imported vertical grill will cost you about N100k buh you should be able to get a locally fabricated one for about 60k. I would advise you go for the imported one if you can afford it. Not sure of how much the toaster costs buh a locally fabricated one should cost about N30k.
You will need a gas cylinder too, I think you should do away with the fridge for now.
You should also consider getting hired help.
I think you should consider the following properly before you decide to invest in shawarma

1. Competiton- A lot of people are into the shawarma biz now and the folks who make the most money are those who have their stand in bars. Consider your competiton, you could even buy their shawarma to see where you could improve on it.
2. Calibre of people- I don't stay in Abuja so I wouldn't know what Apo is like. But you should seriously consider and determine who your potential costumers are, their buying strenght and all that.

The beauty in the biz is when you can sell all you prepared for the day in that day, cos when you start to carry over beef or chicken from the previous day, your running costs increases slightly. Its a very lucrative one if you are well situated and have enough consumers. I know someone who prepare about 1 and a half kilos of chicken per day and sells it finish. Here is the break down of his daily running cost

Chicken- 10,000
Bread- 1,500
Sussage- 1,600
Vegetables- 1,000
Cream- 1,500
Sauce- 800
Gas- about 1,000 worth
Seasoning- 300
Miscellaneous-1000

Total 17,100
He sells about 50 sharwarma with dat at N600 a piece, that's 30K giving a profit of about over 12,000 on a good day
At the end of the month after paying rent, I am sure he has about 150-200k to himself.

I wish you the very best
Cheers.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shawarma Business Plan by TRADELYN: 7:34am On Dec 31, 2014
Great idea you have.

I would have loved to see you in person.

I was in Abuja for over 2 months. I returned to Lagos last week.

You need more than a business plan. The first document to consider before even doing any thing at all is a 'feasibity study.'

We help SMEs grow and develop.

Kindly email us on 'tradelyn@gmail.com.'
Re: Shawarma Business Plan by Nobody: 9:50am On Dec 31, 2014
bodeoni:

He sells about 50 sharwarma with dat at N600 a piece, that's 30K giving a profit of about over 12,000 on a good day

I wish you the very best
Cheers.
Who sells sharwarma for N600? The last time I bought it for 1k. In an eatery tho'.

1 Like

Re: Shawarma Business Plan by debbydee(f): 1:41pm On Dec 31, 2014
i bought for 700 for one hot dog and 800 for two hot dog. lagos metro anyway

1 Like

Re: Shawarma Business Plan by Nobody: 2:27pm On Dec 31, 2014
Why did you say shawarma biz is more profitable than poultry?
Re: Shawarma Business Plan by ultrazone(m): 12:33am On May 23, 2017
Sample pla
Re: Shawarma Business Plan by retouchfoods(m): 10:08am On Jan 30, 2018
I just dig this article up that was posted here and I think it is pretty cool and will serve as a guide to someone willing to enter into the shawama business.

bodeoni:
That's a pretty good budget for someone who doesn't know much bout shawarma biz.
Let me first say that the toaster is different from the vertical grill(the machine that roasts the meat).
An imported vertical grill will cost you about N100k buh you should be able to get a locally fabricated one for about 60k. I would advise you go for the imported one if you can afford it. Not sure of how much the toaster costs buh a locally fabricated one should cost about N30k.
You will need a gas cylinder too, I think you should do away with the fridge for now.
You should also consider getting hired help.
I think you should consider the following properly before you decide to invest in shawarma

1. Competiton- A lot of people are into the shawarma biz now and the folks who make the most money are those who have their stand in bars. Consider your competiton, you could even buy their shawarma to see where you could improve on it.
2. Calibre of people- I don't stay in Abuja so I wouldn't know what Apo is like. But you should seriously consider and determine who your potential costumers are, their buying strenght and all that.

The beauty in the biz is when you can sell all you prepared for the day in that day, cos when you start to carry over beef or chicken from the previous day, your running costs increases slightly. Its a very lucrative one if you are well situated and have enough consumers. I know someone who prepare about 1 and a half kilos of chicken per day and sells it finish. Here is the break down of his daily running cost

Chicken- 10,000
Bread- 1,500
Sussage- 1,600
Vegetables- 1,000
Cream- 1,500
Sauce- 800
Gas- about 1,000 worth
Seasoning- 300
Miscellaneous-1000

Total 17,100
At the end of the month after paying rent, I am sure he has about 150-200k to himself.

I wish you the very best
Cheers.

Meanwhile, I will be showing just 20 people a practical method of baking commercial shawama bread from home with the tools you already have in your kitchen. You can make more than N30,000 per day from baking shawama bread.

for more information about my live training, email officialkitchenking@gmail.com

2 Likes

Re: Shawarma Business Plan by Nigeriahomebiz(m): 6:37pm On Jun 14, 2020
Nice one OP

I am sure you the person asking if Shawarma Business plan in Nigeria is more lucrative than poultry farming business doesn't realize that the profit margin on the former is larger than the latter.

1 Like

Re: Shawarma Business Plan by updatechange(m): 12:34pm On Aug 08, 2023
Hello Op, how are you and hope your business is still going fine..?

(1) (Reply)

IMF Affirms Nigeria As Africa’s Biggest Economy!!! / Flour Business / Dollar Scarcity: Banks Suspend ATM Card Usage Abroad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.