Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,037 members, 7,835,498 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:56 AM

Nigeria Causes Palestinian Statehood To Fail At UN Security Council - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Nigeria Causes Palestinian Statehood To Fail At UN Security Council (29962 Views)

Massive Pro-palestinian Protest Outside The White House / Of What Importance? Nigeria Wins UN Security Council Seat / U.N. Security Council Fails To Pass Resolution On Syria! Loved It. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Causes Palestinian Statehood To Fail At UN Security Council by Pecca: 8:03am On Dec 31, 2014
tbaba1234:

Hated by muslims Yet he got over 400,000 votes in Katsina. The home state of Buhari.

The whole of the Southeast did not give Buhari 20,000 votes.

Really, the facts do not support your claims.

Anyway, I am not here for pettiness

if your priorities are not misplaced and your facts mixed up you wont mention the southeast here

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Causes Palestinian Statehood To Fail At UN Security Council by major466(m): 8:03am On Dec 31, 2014
Firefire:
Good move.

Nigeria did very well in abstaining.

The Palestinian should return to the negotiations table.

The request of returning to pre 1967 border and E. Jerusalem as their capital requires mutual agreement & understanding, a unilateral approach of UN is not the solution.

Shalom!
Completely agree.
Re: Nigeria Causes Palestinian Statehood To Fail At UN Security Council by signz: 8:04am On Dec 31, 2014
airfinance:

I understand your sentiments,be it known to you that Israel is not a christian nation

I know they're not but do the ordinary northern muslim youth know this This is my fear

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Causes Palestinian Statehood To Fail At UN Security Council by hamingra: 8:08am On Dec 31, 2014
So the same US that is blocking us from buying weapons to fight BH and preventing others from doing selling to us is still able to put pressuure on us to change our foreign policy and we don't see anything wrong with our President? E bi like say Goodluck don jazz all of us oo!

This is not fair to the Palestinians. Israel has refused to negotiate for their freedom.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Causes Palestinian Statehood To Fail At UN Security Council by dhidden: 8:09am On Dec 31, 2014
HOW DID NIGERIA CAUSE IT WHEN OTHER COUNTRIES EQUALLY ABSTAINED? WHAT IS YOUR OBJECTIVE FOR REPORTING A LIE? If you become the President tomorrow, how would you fare? Hope you are not one of the critics because you are soooo bad even in telling the truth; too many pots calling kettle "black" in 9ja. Waoh, can't deal.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Causes Palestinian Statehood To Fail At UN Security Council by airfinance(m): 8:09am On Dec 31, 2014
naijareferee:

pls mr olodo....what do we stand gain supporting the palestinian move to statehood on a shared territory.
this is how you guys held the country captive for ages because of your hate for isreal.
did you read the agreement...if vetoed...it will wipe isreal to less than the size of my village.
isreal is helping us presently...technologically...agriculturally...and other wise...
what can we get by supporting the palestinians...
i tot your are an agent for change...
we change our foreign policy based on the changing tides
How would that happen sir?
are you not aware that Israel are sophisticatedly equiped in weaponry?
Are not aware that the violence would never stop until they seize to occupy palestinian territories?
Are you not aware that it would bring anout a nation's independence and on the world map?
Whatever happens, the US would always be on the side of the Israeli on foreign policies.
should the hausas come to occupy your family land in your home town are you gonna keep quiet? What is happening there is injustice, whatever the israelis does is alway right even when people are killed in thousands.but when the palestinians does same,it is termed as terrorism by the international media.
I urge you to get a documentary tittled''wars you can't see'' it would help you a lot

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Causes Palestinian Statehood To Fail At UN Security Council by dammytosh: 8:17am On Dec 31, 2014
funkiebully:

Keep coming out gradually, I already know where u are driving at.

Mr president is close to Israel bc He observes his religious duties. So He should shun Israel to satisfy u lots.

I know Why this man GEJ is hated so much by Muslims in Nigeria, nothing But for his faith.

I won't let that go unchalleged.

I am a christian and i dont't hate Jonathan but i think it is time for him to leave the stage for another person to try.

GEJ and PDP failed us enough.
Re: Nigeria Causes Palestinian Statehood To Fail At UN Security Council by iwriterng(m): 8:19am On Dec 31, 2014
airfinance:

Is that all you can come up with?
What has nigeria benefitted from the US in recent time?other than creating division and working towards nigeria disintegration?

Obviously, you don't see beyond your nose, and your favorite newspaper is Nigeria tribune. I wouldn't waste my time explaining how important it is for Nigeria to maintain her relationship with the united states.
Re: Nigeria Causes Palestinian Statehood To Fail At UN Security Council by naijareferee: 8:19am On Dec 31, 2014
[quote
author=airfinance post=29358307]
Are not aware that the violence would never stop until they seize to
occupy palestinian territories?
Are you not aware that it would bring anout a nation's independence and
on the world map?
Whatever happens, the US would always be on the side of the Israeli on
foreign policies.
should the hausas come to occupy your family land in your home town are
you gonna keep quiet? What is happening there is injustice, whatever the
israelis does is alway right even when people are killed in
thousands.but when the palestinians does same,it is termed as terrorism
by the international media.
I urge you to get a documentary tittled''wars you can't see'' it would
help you a lot[/quote]

what ever happens to palestinian state does not in anyway concern me. i cross is nigerias foreign policy...an isreali alliance is far better than that of an unborn state. and for your question about hausa coming to occupy my house.... i think they did that in kwara and no one is complaining...that by the way sha... occupation has always been...it will be and will continue...

pls no more lectures

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Causes Palestinian Statehood To Fail At UN Security Council by Nobody: 8:22am On Dec 31, 2014
jamst:

Mind you,jonathan is a zionist israhelli supporter & anti-islam cos all the bombing in the north is carried out by israhelli secret agents in nigeria to kill muslims...As we know the north has the largest muslim population
I know you nd op is luking for justification to strap bomb on your bodies.
I knw u undstands int'l politics but ur hatred for peace won't allow u 2b RATIONAL.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Causes Palestinian Statehood To Fail At UN Security Council by esere826: 8:29am On Dec 31, 2014
tbaba1234

Your post title is dubious and you should know this

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Causes Palestinian Statehood To Fail At UN Security Council by airfinance(m): 8:30am On Dec 31, 2014
iwriterng:

Obviously, you don't see beyond your nose, and your favorite newspaper is Nigeria tribune. I wouldn't waste my time explaining how important it is for Nigeria to maintain her relationship with the united states.
sorry to disapoint you sir,
I do not read copy and past newspappers you read in nigeria
Re: Nigeria Causes Palestinian Statehood To Fail At UN Security Council by Vikky014(f): 8:32am On Dec 31, 2014
tbaba1234:
Nigeria has always supported the Palestinian cause for Statehood.

This is a significant but sad shift in our foreign policy.
muslims not Nigerians grin.i know your type

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Causes Palestinian Statehood To Fail At UN Security Council by airfinance(m): 8:33am On Dec 31, 2014
signz:

I know they're not but do the ordinary northern muslim youth know this This is my fear
Then be the change you wanna see in the world bu supporting a just cause and enlighten the few you could sir.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Causes Palestinian Statehood To Fail At UN Security Council by cirmuell(m): 8:35am On Dec 31, 2014
airfinance:

I understand your sentiments,be it known to you that Israel is not a christian nation
gullible muslims don't know that.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Causes Palestinian Statehood To Fail At UN Security Council by iwriterng(m): 8:35am On Dec 31, 2014
airfinance:

sorry to disapoint you sir,
I do not read copy and past newspappers you read in nigeria

With your comments, I find it difficult to believe you don't. It's really cold, so I can't type, hence I would have written an epistle on why Nigeria can't support Palestine.
Re: Nigeria Causes Palestinian Statehood To Fail At UN Security Council by Googleus(m): 8:35am On Dec 31, 2014
like...

US/ISRAEL: hey GEJ, if u want us to supply you those arms and ammunition to fight those islamic terrorist in your country, u better vote no or abstain.

GEJ : Hmmmmmmmm, i know something about abstinence
Re: Nigeria Causes Palestinian Statehood To Fail At UN Security Council by Vikky014(f): 8:35am On Dec 31, 2014
dammytosh:

I won't let that go unchalleged.

I am a christian and i dont't hate Jonathan but i think it is time for him to leave the stage for another person to try.

GEJ and PDP failed us enough.
christain indeed!!!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Causes Palestinian Statehood To Fail At UN Security Council by dammytosh: 8:37am On Dec 31, 2014
Vikky014:
christain indeed!!!

Yea, that is the childish way they have configured you to think.

If you want Jonathan to go in 2015, then you are not a good christian right ?

Thank God you are not eligible to vote yet. I am sure you are 17.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Causes Palestinian Statehood To Fail At UN Security Council by Nobody: 8:37am On Dec 31, 2014
hamingra:
So the same US that is blocking us from buying weapons to fight BH and preventing others from doing selling to us is still able to put pressuure on us to change our foreign policy and we don't see anything wrong with our President? E bi like say Goodluck don jazz all of us oo!

This is not fair to the Palestinians. Israel has refused to negotiate for their freedom.
the same way the Nigerian Union has refused to negotiate Biafrans Identity. Is it fair?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Causes Palestinian Statehood To Fail At UN Security Council by papaejima1: 8:40am On Dec 31, 2014
tbaba1234:

12:37 A.M. Nigeria was the country that determined the result of the UNSC vote; it moved from supporting the Palestinian resolution to abstaining. (Barak Ravid)

http://www.haaretz.com/mobile/1.634596

Brother, it is in our best interest to sit this one out.

You will first remove the speck in your eye before the log in a friend's eye.
Re: Nigeria Causes Palestinian Statehood To Fail At UN Security Council by Nobody: 8:41am On Dec 31, 2014
airfinance:

Are not aware that the violence would never stop until they seize to occupy palestinian territories?
Are you not aware that it would bring anout a nation's independence and on the world map?
Whatever happens, the US would always be on the side of the Israeli on foreign policies.
should the hausas come to occupy your family land in your home town are you gonna keep quiet? What is happening there is injustice, whatever the israelis does is alway right even when people are killed in thousands.but when the palestinians does same,it is termed as terrorism by the international media.
I urge you to get a documentary tittled''wars you can't see'' it would help you a lot
If what u just said is truth and injustice, then Biafra is a victim of INJUSTICE from the Nigerian Union.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Causes Palestinian Statehood To Fail At UN Security Council by NosaHenry(m): 8:42am On Dec 31, 2014
I don't know what is wrong with this country called Nigeria. Doing US bid since 1800 yet openly chastised and rejected by America
Re: Nigeria Causes Palestinian Statehood To Fail At UN Security Council by moufan: 8:46am On Dec 31, 2014
Jonathan is really a disgrace to nigeria, nigeria has always been in support of the Palestinian statehood but because of his selfish interest he became a coward and then abstained,this is one of the reason he should be sent back to his otuoke residence come 2015.gej for otuoke 2015

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Causes Palestinian Statehood To Fail At UN Security Council by papaejima1: 8:49am On Dec 31, 2014
Mynd44:

It is surprising because our position has always being to support a palestinian state. This is a sudden change in policy
Is there any law at the UN or in Nigeria's Constitution that says we do not reserve the rights to change our minds on issues?

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Causes Palestinian Statehood To Fail At UN Security Council by Chigold101(m): 8:49am On Dec 31, 2014
tbaba1234:

Hated by muslims Yet he got over 400,000 votes in Katsina. The home state of Buhari.

is GEJ from SE?
Or did GMB ever step his feet on the soil of south east to campaign?

Face ur front ooo...abeg u

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Causes Palestinian Statehood To Fail At UN Security Council by Jwonder(m): 8:50am On Dec 31, 2014
funkiebully:

Change position by being absent or neutral? So uk that has always been pro Israel But abstain this time What? Did uk vote?

Keep deceiving urself.

Palestinians should seek dialogue, QED. We don't have to make more enemies by pacifying a section of d country.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Causes Palestinian Statehood To Fail At UN Security Council by limamintruth: 8:51am On Dec 31, 2014
tbaba1234:

And who told you that the '400,000 votes for pdp in katsina' (as you claim) came from the state's muslims? undecided
Or dont you know that there are many indigenous christians & southern settlers in that state too

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Causes Palestinian Statehood To Fail At UN Security Council by gowaga68: 8:52am On Dec 31, 2014
Firefire:

The Muslim faithful have confidence in GEJ.

Only the bigots, myopic & extremist condemn him based on his religion.
If the Muslims so hate GEJ as said by some ITK then we wouldn't have gotten a single vote from Muslims strong hold states.
I wonder why when Palestine is mentioned some people can't do without mentioning Muslim or Islam? What then comes to their mind when Israel is mentioned? Judaism or Christianity?
Re: Nigeria Causes Palestinian Statehood To Fail At UN Security Council by tbaba1234: 8:53am On Dec 31, 2014
limamintruth:

And who told you that the '400,000 votes for pdp in katsina' (as you claim) came from the state's muslims? undecided
Or dont you know that there are many indigenous christians & southern settlers in that state too

There is no way, only the chrstians in katsina will account for 400,000 votes. It shows a significant number of muslims voted for him.

Kaduna is understandable not katsina.
Re: Nigeria Causes Palestinian Statehood To Fail At UN Security Council by Nobody: 8:55am On Dec 31, 2014
Lovine:
One day Boko Haram will ask for statehood. Israel is the land of the Bible with millions of facts and history.
Oh shut up, ignorant slave.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Causes Palestinian Statehood To Fail At UN Security Council by kenex4ever(m): 9:02am On Dec 31, 2014
UnknownT:
Ok but i hope this will not start a protest and killing of Christians in the north?
hmm dats true because doz people behave like dey mentally deranged

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Bus Collides With Canadian Prime Minister’s Aircraft / Russia Announces End Of Crimea Military Drills, Troops Leaving / Trump Announces 'historic Peace Agreement' Between Israel, UAE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.