Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,800 members, 7,810,080 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:15 PM

Advice: Should I Quit My Job? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Advice: Should I Quit My Job? (780 Views)

Should I Quit My Present Job For A Federal Government Job? / Should I Quit My Job And Be Self-employed? / Should I Quit My Job Now And Get Over N8m Payoff? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice: Should I Quit My Job? by kheart(m): 7:20am On Dec 31, 2014
Hi nlders please i need ur kind n genuine advice. should quit my job as an asst sch admin 4 somthin i ve always wanted (philantropist).

Although d pay is nothing to write home abt (30k) bt am nt a choosy person cos i ve work 4 lesser pay. The problem is dis work takes all my time (6:50 am to 4:30), i dont ve time to venture in2 som of d things i wanted to do wit my life.

I know u need huge amount of money to set up a charity org/foundation bt am startin 4rm small things like givin awareness to children (who re use as suicide bombers dis days by BH) especially since m from d north. Ur candid advice on d nature of d foundation is highly welcomes.

Thanks in anticipation for ur kind response and sorry for d grammatical blunders, engrish na borrow language.
Re: Advice: Should I Quit My Job? by asalimpo(m): 11:26pm On Dec 31, 2014
guy quit tht thing asap. God punish slave drivers. They take all your resources but pay you peanuts in return.
Re: Advice: Should I Quit My Job? by Williamso(m): 11:44pm On Dec 31, 2014
And how do you intend to fund this philanthropy?
Re: Advice: Should I Quit My Job? by stint(m): 2:10pm On Jan 02, 2015
In short, you are not a milionaire but you want to start a foundation??
Re: Advice: Should I Quit My Job? by Etinosajay(m): 6:08pm On Jan 02, 2015
Dude, please work on your thought processes. Philanthropy? Asst sch admin?

Is that the best you can do for yourself? What happened to aim higher and never settle for less?
Re: Advice: Should I Quit My Job? by Nobody: 7:24pm On Jan 05, 2015
kheart:
Hi nlders please i need ur kind n genuine advice. should quit my job as an asst sch admin 4 somthin i ve always wanted (philantropist).

Although d pay is nothing to write home abt (30k) bt am nt a choosy person cos i ve work 4 lesser pay. The problem is dis work takes all my time (6:50 am to 4:30), i dont ve time to venture in2 som of d things i wanted to do wit my life.

I know u need huge amount of money to set up a charity org/foundation bt am startin 4rm small things like givin awareness to children (who re use as suicide bombers dis days by BH) especially since m from d north. Ur candid advice on d nature of d foundation is highly welcomes.

Thanks in anticipation for ur kind response and sorry for d grammatical blunders, engrish na borrow language.

Don't quit your job yet.

I'm happy you realize you need a "huge amount of
money" for your philanthropy. So you can see there is
a gap between where you are now and where you
want to be.

How do you bridge that gap? That is the question you
need to answer now.

How do you spend your weekends? Find a way to
invest some of the little free time you have to
create extra streams of income.

What's that you say about N30k being "nothing to write
home about?" I can assure you there are people PRAYING &
FASTING for that your job.

So until you have a logical alternative, live within your
means and create extra income streams ASAP.

Cheers!
Re: Advice: Should I Quit My Job? by kheart(m): 7:46pm On Jan 05, 2015
alignacademy:

Don't quit your job yet.

I'm happy you realize you need a "huge amount of
money" for your philanthropy. So you can see there is
a gap between where you are now and where you
want to be.

How do you bridge that gap? That is the question you
need to answer now.

How do you spend your weekends? Find a way to
invest some of the little free time you have to
create extra streams of income.

What's that you say about N30k being "nothing to write
home about?" I can assure you there are people PRAYING &
FASTING for that your job.

So until you have a logical alternative, live within your
means and create extra income streams ASAP.

Cheers!

Thanks.
Re: Advice: Should I Quit My Job? by DaKing008: 10:46pm On Jan 05, 2015
you mean to open an NGO
you can actually establish it with out money but don't quite your job yet.
Write a list of all the rich men you know and gather a team of 3 to 5 people ( might be your friends). Visit them one by one and seek there support. Adopt those gave as beneficiaries. if you could raise enough money then you can comfortably quite your job.
BTW 30k a month isn't too low?

(1) (Reply)

Football Bettor. Sure Win Betting Tips / Access Bank - A Rape Of Trust / What's Wrong With My Salary?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.