Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,511 members, 7,812,584 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:41 PM

Ex-icpc Boss Said About Jonathan And Corruption - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ex-icpc Boss Said About Jonathan And Corruption (692 Views)

Stealing Is Not Corruption - Ekpo Nta, ICPC Boss / Ibrahim Magu: Fight Against Corruption Has Just Started And Corruption Knows It. / Jonathan Not Fighting Corruption – Ex-ICPC Chairman. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ex-icpc Boss Said About Jonathan And Corruption by kediG: 8:21am On Dec 31, 2014

A former Chairman of the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission, Justice Mustapha Akanbi and the Chairman, Anti-Corruption Commission, Nigerian Bar Association, Mallam Yusuf Ali (SAN) have said that the President Goodluck Jonathan’s administration is not serious in the fight against corruption.
The two decried the increasing rate of corruption in the country, saying nothing tangible and substantial was being done to address the trend.
They spoke in interviews with journalists on the sidelines of the public lecture on “Corruption – the bane of our society,” organised by the Amicus International Club in Ilorin , the
Kwara State captal, on Tuesday.
According to PUNCH, Akanbi, who is a former President of the Court of Appeal said corruption, kidnapping and other societal ills were on the increase in the country and that government institutions and the judiciary were not helping in curbing corruption.
Akanbi said, “Honestly, I do not see what is being done about corruption now. I ask myself these questions: Does it mean that all the governors are corruption-free? Does it mean all the legislators are corruption-free? Does it mean the judiciary is corruption free?
We know that it is happening but people are not being arrested, no action is being taken and the end result is that people accept bribe with impunity now.

“At least, if they had taken few people to court, we would have known that something is being done. There is a general lull and the fight against corruption has gone down completely.
“Now, when you look at many people wanting to be
governors, is it because they want to serve their people or that they want to go and chop?
It is apparent that many of them want to enrich themselves because they know that when you go there you make money and become wealthy, ditto going to the legislature. Yet people are suffering; there is no development. Corruption, kidnapping and other ills of the society have gone on the ascendency.
“Honestly, in case of the governors, who have been
arrested?
We know about Oduahgate and the billions of naira that Sanusi alleged was missing. The terrible thing is that the judiciary is not helping.
“The indices are that the moments are dark, the clouds have thickened, corruption is escalating.”
Ali said that Jonathan’s administration was not fighting corruption at all and urged Nigerians to know that corruption makes all the citizens poorer in the short and long run.
He said, “I have said this long time ago, there is no drive against corruption by the current government and that is quite obvious because the President believes that there is no corruption in Nigeria. He believes that what is going on is petty stealing.
Hev continued; “So, if he doesn’t believe there is corruption, you can’t hold him for not driving any anti-corruption war. If somebody doesn’t believe there is a problem then he would not be obliged to look for solution.”

http://www.clemmag.com/ex-icpc-boss-said-jonathan-corruption/
Re: Ex-icpc Boss Said About Jonathan And Corruption by ULSHERLAN(m): 8:25am On Dec 31, 2014
The CHANGE train is here for all progressive minded people..................I can feel it everywhere

2 Likes

Re: Ex-icpc Boss Said About Jonathan And Corruption by naija2dabone(m): 8:26am On Dec 31, 2014
All these propaganda wont stop us.

GEJ till the north begin to think of generating their own revenue
Re: Ex-icpc Boss Said About Jonathan And Corruption by tit(f): 8:29am On Dec 31, 2014
mr. akanbi,
how many people did you jail when you were saddled to rid the polity of criminal elements?
if you had jailed all the criminals, will they be bothering the nation naw?
why are you opening your mouth now like a jackass when you failed in your national assignment?

abeg, go and eat the one tinubu gave you that you set him free.

2 Likes

Re: Ex-icpc Boss Said About Jonathan And Corruption by orobs93(m): 8:34am On Dec 31, 2014
E don Tey wey we know nah..
Re: Ex-icpc Boss Said About Jonathan And Corruption by san316(m): 8:51am On Dec 31, 2014
We know now. no be the corrupt people buy Nigeria for 21b? we already know this mehn.
Re: Ex-icpc Boss Said About Jonathan And Corruption by coolhamid(m): 9:06am On Dec 31, 2014
tit:
mr. akanbi,
how many people did you jail when you were saddled to rid the polity of criminal elements?
if you had jailed all the criminals, will they be bothering the nation naw?
why are you opening your mouth now like a jackass when you failed in your national assignment?

abeg, go and eat the one tinubu gave you that you set him free.
I doubt if any reasonable comment can ever come out of you.... Look at what u've written, tell me is there any sense in it?

1 Like

Re: Ex-icpc Boss Said About Jonathan And Corruption by tit(f): 8:11pm On Dec 31, 2014
coolhamid:
I doubt if any reasonable comment can ever come out of you.... Look at what u've written, tell me is there any sense in it?

who did injustice akanbi sentence to death for quorruption?
do not be fulled by noisemakers.
this foolish old man had the opportunity to rid the country of theives,
but what did he do?
he connived with demons like obasanjo, tinubu and injustice salami to dig us deeper into mess.

1 Like

Re: Ex-icpc Boss Said About Jonathan And Corruption by Nobody: 8:54pm On Dec 31, 2014
coolhamid:

I think its you thats unreasonable here.

If people that were given appointment did their work, we would be far far ahead of our current state.

Cudos madam Tit for the point.

(1) (Reply)

I Will Fight Corruption (jonathan) / Buhari Represents Evil, Says Fani-kayode / Man, 24, Claims To Be Jonathan’s Son

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.