Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,374 members, 7,819,348 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:45 PM

Mistake In Vehicle License Renewal - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mistake In Vehicle License Renewal (1648 Views)

New FRSC Rule On Drivers License / Please What Are The Signs For Replacement Of Time Belt In Vehicle Generally / New Vehicle License Number Needed. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mistake In Vehicle License Renewal by Dozieson(m): 10:12am On Dec 31, 2014
Goodmorning all.
i have an issue at hand. I went to VIO's office, Abj for vehicle license renewal and to my surprise i was given commercial instead of private. I complained and they said it doesn't matter. My car is camry 2000.I don't use it for commercial purposes. what is the implication of this?

(Modify) (Quote) (Report) (Share)
Re: Mistake In Vehicle License Renewal by bravolad(m): 10:29am On Dec 31, 2014
It does matter. You should not have accepted it. It's a horrible mistake. Both registrations are different and the costs differ as well. It also depends on what you told them prior to registration. You need to rectify this immediately.

There are implications driving a non-commercial vehicle with commercial number plate. You will be restricted from entering certain places such as hotels, residential estates etc. if instructions prior to registration were clear, the Officer who facilitated the registration would have to bear the burden of change of use.

1 Like

Re: Mistake In Vehicle License Renewal by Dozieson(m): 3:31pm On Dec 31, 2014
Thanks bravolad. This is renewal. The old document is carrying private. The problem is that he is not ready to change it i am thinking of doing only that particular paper again. How possible?
Re: Mistake In Vehicle License Renewal by bravolad(m): 8:51am On Jan 01, 2015
Then, it's his responsibility. Your best course of action is to go to their office an lodge a complaint possibly in writing. Ask to speak to a superior officer. They should get it sorted out.
Re: Mistake In Vehicle License Renewal by Dozieson(m): 3:41am On Jan 02, 2015
Ok. Thanks very much
Re: Mistake In Vehicle License Renewal by Nobody: 10:52am On Jan 02, 2015
Dear Poster,
I presently have same experience with VIO Abuja. The present is my third renewal and surprisingly my licence came out commercial instead of private. I was told it is computer error and that nobody would disturb me on it. Though other document (third party insurance) has private printed on it.

In order to be on the safer side, I ensured the photocopies of my expired (two years ago) licences remains with the present renewal.

Wishing you best of luck.
Re: Mistake In Vehicle License Renewal by Dozieson(m): 5:10pm On Jan 02, 2015
Thanks abuja4sale.
But why are they making such mistakes? Hope naija police would not use it against us?
Re: Mistake In Vehicle License Renewal by Exponental(m): 10:55pm On Jan 02, 2015
is abj not on auto-reg? pls ensure u av a correct docs cos wen those officers-in-uniform have a target to meet, then, u will surely wish u av a valid n complete docs.

(1) (Reply)

2004 Lexus Rx 330 Temperature Increases / Lexus ES350 Light On The Dashboard / Corrolla Headlight Issues

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.