Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,332 members, 7,811,973 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:24 AM

New FRSC Rule On Drivers License - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / New FRSC Rule On Drivers License (54054 Views)

How Much Does It Actually Cost To Get A Drivers License In Nigeria? / FRSC Gives Reasons For Drivers License Issuance Problems / National Drivers License Now Valid For Five Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

New FRSC Rule On Drivers License by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:46pm On Mar 18, 2016
A friend went to apply for a drivers license on Tuesday and he came back to narrate his shocking findings. He said he was told the process has recently changed.. That he has to register with a certified driving school and get training for 26days, after which he will be sent a certificate from Abuja to print out and then he can come back with it to apply for a driver license.

My friend and I are surprised at this. So I was wondering if any of you guys already know this or is someone speaking Latin?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: New FRSC Rule On Drivers License by Kashif(m): 6:57pm On Mar 18, 2016
GAZZUZZ:
A friend went to apply for a drivers license on Tuesday and he came back to narrate his shocking findings. He said he was told the process has recently changed.. That he has to register with a certified driving school and get training for 26days, after which he will be sent a certificate from Abuja to print out and then he can come back with it to apply for a driver license.

My friend and I are surprised at this. So I was wondering if any of you guys already know this or is someone speaking Latin?

shocked shocked

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: New FRSC Rule On Drivers License by Fogman(m): 7:02pm On Mar 18, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

Era of change

6 Likes

Re: New FRSC Rule On Drivers License by thesicilian: 7:06pm On Mar 18, 2016
It's a welcome development. At least it will reduce the number of mad people on the road. But it doesn't have to come from Abuja - that will slow down the whole process. Can't each state issue the certificate?

71 Likes 4 Shares

Re: New FRSC Rule On Drivers License by 3sha4lyf: 7:20pm On Mar 18, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

Was he making a fresh application or renewal?

If the former, yes, that's the procedure.
If the latter, Nope, someone must have misunderstood the other.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: New FRSC Rule On Drivers License by pattybf(f): 7:26pm On Mar 18, 2016
yes he was well informed, only for fresh application though!

4 Likes

Re: New FRSC Rule On Drivers License by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:33pm On Mar 18, 2016
3sha4lyf:

Was he making a fresh application or renewal?

If the former, yes, that's the procedure.
If the latter, Nope, someone must have misunderstood the other.

fresh application

Fogman:

Era of change

this change harsh o!

3 Likes

Re: New FRSC Rule On Drivers License by princemillla(m): 7:33pm On Mar 18, 2016
Thank God am not in that category ;fresh applicant
Re: New FRSC Rule On Drivers License by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:42pm On Mar 18, 2016
h.t.t.p://frsc.gov.ng/

no info about the change in procedure on their site

1 Like

Re: New FRSC Rule On Drivers License by Fogman(m): 7:48pm On Mar 18, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

fresh application

this change harsh o!
No be small thing boss

1 Like 1 Share

Re: New FRSC Rule On Drivers License by pattybf(f): 7:51pm On Mar 18, 2016
GAZZUZZ:
h.t.t.p://frsc.gov.ng/

no info about the change in procedure on their site

I don't know why the news is not on d site, but this is what is on ground now. we haven't processed any fresh application since last week. and as at this week, we have already started registering people to driving schools, after having waited to see if the decision cld be reversed. 26days is counting for some people already!
Re: New FRSC Rule On Drivers License by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:03pm On Mar 18, 2016
lalasticlala no snake here just info

4 Likes

Re: New FRSC Rule On Drivers License by redcliff: 9:09pm On Mar 18, 2016
I think its a very good development. Atleast let things be done right in the country for once...

10 Likes

Re: New FRSC Rule On Drivers License by king406(m): 9:49pm On Mar 18, 2016
Very good. A very good development I just hope it will be done right and 26 days is a little bit too extreme, it will inconvenience so many of us.
Re: New FRSC Rule On Drivers License by bravolad(m): 9:57pm On Mar 18, 2016
A good development I must say, if it's not circumvented in due course. However, I think different states have different approach/ procedure to issuing DL. At the very least, if they stick to this approach across the country, in the long run; drivers who barely understand traffic rules & road signs as well as rules of driving will be weeded off the road.

I feel the acquisition of DL in Nigeria is fraught with lots of fraud by unscrupulous officers in the system.

5 Likes

Re: New FRSC Rule On Drivers License by sumolaanimasaun: 11:28pm On Mar 18, 2016
How muchdoes it cost
Re: New FRSC Rule On Drivers License by mayor2013: 12:45am On Mar 19, 2016
Thia process has been in place ever since the era of the new driver procurement. But the driving lesson as then wasn't 26days. Late Minister ocholi's demise could be attributed to this. Them go tire grin

5 Likes

Re: New FRSC Rule On Drivers License by lonelydora: 5:11am On Mar 19, 2016
He was rightly informed. That's for a fresh application.

I was told same when I went to renew my wife's old DL. But, trust FRSC officials nah, there is a way to bypass that process which is why they will tell you to pay 15k (depending on who you meet).

The process has been in place since the new DL came on board.

5 Likes

Re: New FRSC Rule On Drivers License by pattybf(f): 5:11am On Mar 19, 2016
sumolaanimasaun:
How muchdoes it cost

there is no fixed fee for this but we managed to negotiate wt some driving schools n d fee thru us is 30k, this includes both for driving school n applying n getting d driver license.
Re: New FRSC Rule On Drivers License by pattybf(f): 5:20am On Mar 19, 2016
lonelydora:
He was rightly informed. That's for a fresh application.

I was told same when I went to renew my wife's old DL. But, trust FRSC officials nah, there is a way to bypass that process which is why they will tell you to pay 15k (depending on who you meet).

The process has been in place since the new DL came on board.

this ur post is contradicting itself! but let it be clear dat this process is not affecting renewal of expired licenses. so if ur license has expired, hopefully its on d database, pls go straight to d license center to renew it.
Re: New FRSC Rule On Drivers License by lonelydora: 5:39am On Mar 19, 2016
pattybf:

this ur post is contradicting itself! but let it be clear dat this process is not affecting renewal of expired licenses. so if ur license has expired, hopefully its on d database, pls go straight to d license center to renew it.

My wife's DL is the old type which I didn't change to the new type before it expired. The officials said as long as it's the old type, she will do a fresh one because there's no record of the old type again.
Re: New FRSC Rule On Drivers License by pattybf(f): 7:08am On Mar 19, 2016
lonelydora:

My wife's DL is the old type which I didn't change to the new type before it expired. The officials said as long as it's the old type, she will do a fresh one because there's no record of the old type again.

i get it now, yes she has to go thru d new process of getting a fresh driver license!

1 Like

Re: New FRSC Rule On Drivers License by whatofyou: 8:48am On Mar 19, 2016
It is really welcome! The next is getting us very standardized driving schools.

1 Like

Re: New FRSC Rule On Drivers License by redcliff: 9:24am On Mar 19, 2016
pattybf:

there is no fixed fee for this but we managed to negotiate wt some driving schools n d fee thru us is 30k, this includes both for driving school n applying n getting d driver license.

does this mean that it is mandatory that these driving schools are attended even after paying the fee for driving schools?
Re: New FRSC Rule On Drivers License by pattybf(f): 9:33am On Mar 19, 2016
redcliff:

does this mean that it is mandatory that these driving schools are attended even after paying the fee for driving schools?

yes, its compulsory u attend wt good arrangement. saturdays included for busy workers.
Re: New FRSC Rule On Drivers License by chyket(m): 1:52pm On Mar 19, 2016
Very timely and necessary. People should not just get driving without the requisite training tests and certification.
Re: New FRSC Rule On Drivers License by Piyke: 2:09pm On Mar 19, 2016
Gazzuzz you should have shown that "Huge Snake" your friend saw on his way to FRSC office. That would certainly get it to front page grin

Or did he not see Olajumoke on his way? Another sure banker cheesy

17 Likes

Re: New FRSC Rule On Drivers License by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:12pm On Mar 19, 2016
Piyke:
Gazzuzz you should have shown that "Huge Snake" your friend saw on his way to FRSC office. That would certainly get it to front page grin

Or did he not see Olajumoke on his way? Another sure banker cheesy

nah so grin

2 Likes

Re: New FRSC Rule On Drivers License by Nobody: 3:12pm On Mar 19, 2016
They should mostly enforce this on Danfo drivers anf even keke drivers.

The idiots don't care about traffic rules nor car signals. angry

4 Likes

Re: New FRSC Rule On Drivers License by timifakay(m): 9:20pm On Mar 19, 2016
lonelydora:

I know atleast 2 people who renewed the old type to the new type without starting afresh.

2 Likes

Re: New FRSC Rule On Drivers License by pattybf(f): 10:42pm On Mar 19, 2016
timifakay:

I know atleast 2 people who renewed the old type to the new type without starting afresh.

Do u know what renewal means? ur info must ve been online on d database, n d old type was not uploaded. so tell us, how can what was not uploaded can now be downloaded.

check those licenses, they must be fake!

5 Likes

Re: New FRSC Rule On Drivers License by lonelydora: 12:29am On Mar 20, 2016
timifakay:

Depends on what you call a fresh. They must have paid money to bypass all the driving school and VIO stuffs. How much did they pay? Official price of DL is N6,350.00

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Inside NTM's Multi-Billion Automobile Assemble Plant In Kano (Photos) / 2017 Honda CRV Is Here, What Do You Think About It? / I Left Front Seat For My Friend's Wife But She Cautioned Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.