Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,785 members, 7,831,543 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:31 PM

How John Kerry, Netanyahu Got Jonathan To Vote Against Palestine-uk Guardian - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How John Kerry, Netanyahu Got Jonathan To Vote Against Palestine-uk Guardian (5006 Views)

Dasuki Got Jonathan's Approvals To Collect $2.1bn From NNPC In 9 Months-TheCable / 5 Major Reasons That Made GEJ Loose - UK Guardian / Who Is More Relaxed Here (GMB Or GEJ) In The Meeting With John Kerry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How John Kerry, Netanyahu Got Jonathan To Vote Against Palestine-uk Guardian by pomporiking: 5:24pm On Dec 31, 2014
Nigeria has nothing to gain from palestine,why the phuck would we vote against isreal a very good ally shocked shocked

2 Likes

Re: How John Kerry, Netanyahu Got Jonathan To Vote Against Palestine-uk Guardian by Nobody: 5:32pm On Dec 31, 2014
NgeneUkwenu:
As a religious fanatic who hates anything Islam, he believes Israel is a Christian State while Palestine is a Muslim State!

SayNoTo Christianization of Nigeria tongue tongue

#TeamChange!

Shut up!!! Stop displaying your ignorance in the public.

So Nigeria would have voted instead of being neutral? So it would have been better for us to vote in favour of Palestine?

We chose to be neutral and that is commendable.

2 Likes

Re: How John Kerry, Netanyahu Got Jonathan To Vote Against Palestine-uk Guardian by Nobody: 5:35pm On Dec 31, 2014
pomporiking:
Nigeria has nothing to gain from palestine,why the phuck would we vote against isreal a very good ally shocked shocked

Do not mind those APC hypocrites. The report said that we were neutral. Even if we voted against Palestine, what do we have to gain from them? Is it not hamas backed Islamic book haram? Of what economic use is Palestine to Nigeria?

2 Likes

Re: How John Kerry, Netanyahu Got Jonathan To Vote Against Palestine-uk Guardian by Nobody: 5:39pm On Dec 31, 2014
noblezone:

And what is your position on the Independence of Biafra?

Gbam

Pendy76 wants independence for Palestine but hate the word Biafra.

2 Likes

Re: How John Kerry, Netanyahu Got Jonathan To Vote Against Palestine-uk Guardian by Nobody: 5:42pm On Dec 31, 2014
Eziachi:
You chose to refer yourself as giant of Africa. Abstaining is not a mark of being a giant but weakness and cowardice. Have you heared about that one that sit on the fence? Who takes him serious?
A giant does what he feel is right and will be willing to face the consequences. If you agree with Israel and the U.S that Palestine does not merit a statehood, then show your support or vote against it you disagree. What is PDP/ current government policy on this issue? Was it siddon and no action?

Abstaining from any position in a world affairs shows lack of any coherent foreign policy. How do you expect Iran and Saudi Arabia to help you at OPEC level where you needed more than Israel and U.S to cut their production quota that will help stabilize the world crude prices.
U.S refused you arms that you needed and when you got an opportunity to reply, you chickens out by Abstaining. That's not smart.

What is the difference between the demand for Palestine and Biafra

2 Likes

Re: How John Kerry, Netanyahu Got Jonathan To Vote Against Palestine-uk Guardian by Nobody: 5:45pm On Dec 31, 2014
SirShymex:

It is not even only about abstaining, it's about promising from the get-go to add the one needed vote to the equation, only for them to change at the last minute. Hence the backlash. That's just betrayal and international policy failure. At least, the intentions of the rest were known from the beginning. And if they had known Nigeria would abstain - I doubt they would've drafted the bill in the first place. GEJ just nuked the image of the country, and Nigeria will never be trusted again. Reliability is important.

This also isn't about supporting Arabs or Muslims, it's about following through with your word/promise. And since a country like Nigeria isn't that strong on the international scene, it will always need other people's support - this is going to destroy all that. Why did they even give Nigeria a seat at the UN in the first place? - they should've given that seat to either South Africa, Angola, or Ethiopia. Heck, even Ghana would've done a better job.

Palestinians want Palestine

Biafrans want Biafra

2 Likes

Re: How John Kerry, Netanyahu Got Jonathan To Vote Against Palestine-uk Guardian by Nobody: 5:51pm On Dec 31, 2014
fedesng:
Nigeria stopped the course of the Palestinians. Not because it voted No (becos it didn't), nor becos it abstained (other countries also did) but because it promised to vote yes, when it knows it would abstain. One rule of international diplomacy is that you do not put a resolution into a vote, unless you are sure it would pass the vote.

When there is a doubt, you negotiate your position until you reach a common ground where you are sure you have enough vote to pass. Sometimes that require you to reduce or modify your demands / position.

Nigeria stopped the progress of the Palestinians because they promised to vote yes. US and Australia did not, neither did UK or South Korea, but Nigeria did. Nigeria deceived the Palestinians. Not the US or other countries that voted No or abstained.

Today Nigeria is not only against Palestinians, but untrusted by US, Australia, South Korea and the rest of the world.

Palestine and Biafra are they no longer secessionists groups that must be destroyed

What is good for the goose is good for the gander.

2 Likes

Re: How John Kerry, Netanyahu Got Jonathan To Vote Against Palestine-uk Guardian by donmalcolm21(m): 5:53pm On Dec 31, 2014
NgeneUkwenu:
As a religious fanatic who hates anything Islam, he believes Israel is a Christian State while Palestine is a Muslim State!

#TeamChange!
I would have given time to reply you but there are a lot of constructive comments by people who quoted you that if truly you ve got brains will go a long way to change your perception about Intl politics

2 Likes

Re: How John Kerry, Netanyahu Got Jonathan To Vote Against Palestine-uk Guardian by Nobody: 5:53pm On Dec 31, 2014
vedaxcool:
I repeat jonathan is an unrepentant liar, how would anybody any decent individual who calls himself a leader of country promise to vote yes to an oppressed people only to make a u turn 45 minutes to the vote? Why the deceit?

Ngwakwe hide this comment join, tommorrow with hypocrisy you will call muslims intolerant or Buhari not respecting freedom of expression when u cannot even tolerate other people's opinion

Biafrans are also an oppressed people

2 Likes

Re: How John Kerry, Netanyahu Got Jonathan To Vote Against Palestine-uk Guardian by donmalcolm21(m): 6:07pm On Dec 31, 2014
SirShymex:

It is not even only about abstaining, it's about promising from the get-go to add the one needed vote to the equation, only for them to change at the last minute. Hence the backlash. That's just betrayal and international policy failure. At least, the intentions of the rest were known from the beginning. And if they had known Nigeria would abstain - I doubt they would've drafted the bill in the first place. GEJ just nuked the image of the country, and Nigeria will never be trusted again. Reliability is important.

This also isn't about supporting Arabs or Muslims, it's about following through with your word/promise. And since a country like Nigeria isn't that strong on the international scene, it will always need other people's support - this is going to destroy all that. Why did they even give Nigeria a seat at the UN in the first place? - they should've given that seat to either South Africa, Angola, or Ethiopia. Heck, even Ghana would've done a better job.
international politics involve give and take. What will Nigeria benefit from a Palestinian state when it also has seccesionist group in its own backyard. A vote for a Palestinian state means that other seccessionist group in Nigeria will up their campaign and also table their resolution before the UN. We need to know that abstinence is the best becasue China has the record for the most abstinence on UN resolutions and it has helped them to be *I m not an Enemy nor a Friend*

2 Likes

Re: How John Kerry, Netanyahu Got Jonathan To Vote Against Palestine-uk Guardian by Nobody: 6:28pm On Dec 31, 2014
Eziachi:
You chose to refer yourself as giant of Africa. Abstaining is not a mark of being a giant but weakness and cowardice. Have you heared about that one that sit on the fence? Who takes him serious?
A giant does what he feel is right and will be willing to face the consequences. If you agree with Israel and the U.S that Palestine does not merit a statehood, then show your support or vote against it you disagree. What is PDP/ current government policy on this issue? Was it siddon and no action?

Abstaining from any position in a world affairs shows lack of any coherent foreign policy. How do you expect Iran and Saudi Arabia to help you at OPEC level where you needed more than Israel and U.S to cut their production quota that will help stabilize the world crude prices.
U.S refused you arms that you needed and when you got an opportunity to reply, you chickens out by Abstaining. That's not smart.

end of. i swear, the gej government, and their paid monkeys are bizarre. for the last year, they have been insulting america - now they have a shot at retaliaton, and they are chickening out.
Re: How John Kerry, Netanyahu Got Jonathan To Vote Against Palestine-uk Guardian by vedaxcool(m): 7:00pm On Dec 31, 2014
Ngwakwe:

Can't you make your comment without tagging Ngwakwe?

Why do you find pleasure in insulting Nairalanders just to display how intolerable you are to people's contrary opinion.

I wouldn't give you more grace to insult Nairalanders henceforth

NB: this subsequent comment isn't the same with the comment that was hidden

If you care to know check my signature. I stand by it, anytime, any day.

Intolerant moderator u cannot intimidate me, on your arsenal is hiding my comment the truth on my arsenal is the truth. And please stop lying, no insults was directed at nairalander in my first post, labelling a comment silly or foolish is not an insult! While your intolerance to the opinions of others is well documented on nairaland, I need to remind u that I will continue posting comments on your principal u would not find palatable!
Re: How John Kerry, Netanyahu Got Jonathan To Vote Against Palestine-uk Guardian by khamas19: 7:08pm On Dec 31, 2014
SirShymex:
The US shifted the international backlash the VETO would've caused on Nigeria's head. And clueless GEJ fell into the trap like a dunderhead.

The image of the country has been nuked. And folks will always remember Nigeria as the country that stopped Palestine at the last minute.

Muthaphucka GEJ!

Thank God for ur life bros...the people on here smoke an exclusive brand...one i hope to get my hands on
..becuase this blissful ignorance seems to keep them well fuzzy all thru any sh1tstorm..
Re: How John Kerry, Netanyahu Got Jonathan To Vote Against Palestine-uk Guardian by vedaxcool(m): 7:16pm On Dec 31, 2014
WhiteTechnology:

Biafrans are also an oppressed people

Lol,chief Ojukwu thinks otherwise! Igbos all over the country are making their positive contributions, they don't claim biafra and might be tempted to stone you if u mention biafra near them.
Re: How John Kerry, Netanyahu Got Jonathan To Vote Against Palestine-uk Guardian by vedaxcool(m): 7:19pm On Dec 31, 2014
jusRadical:

Shut up! Did Nigeria vote? Do not let your hatred for gen kill you.
Nigeria did not, she was neutral. Dig it?

Lol grin don't kill yourself because gen muhahaha, Nigeria promised palestinians support, based on this promise of support, palestinians moved a motion in the Security council, GEJ being the unrepentant palm oil faced liar, he decided to abstain in essence rejecting the motion, u dig?

1 Like

Re: How John Kerry, Netanyahu Got Jonathan To Vote Against Palestine-uk Guardian by Ngwakwe: 7:57pm On Dec 31, 2014
vedaxcool:

Intolerant moderator u cannot intimidate me, on your arsenal is hiding my comment the truth on my arsenal is the truth. And please stop lying, no insults was directed at nairalander in my first post, labelling a comment silly or foolish is not an insult! While your intolerance to the opinions of others is well documented on nairaland, I need to remind u that I will continue posting comments on your principal u would not find palatable!

Attention seeker, I have heard you but I can't even guess your username offhand let alone have time for you.

Bye

3 Likes

Re: How John Kerry, Netanyahu Got Jonathan To Vote Against Palestine-uk Guardian by fr3do(m): 1:53am On Jan 01, 2015
Eziachi:

Just emotions!
Think!

2 Likes

Re: How John Kerry, Netanyahu Got Jonathan To Vote Against Palestine-uk Guardian by fr3do(m): 2:04am On Jan 01, 2015
SirShymex:

You have always been a staunch self hater and an unpatriotic unbeliever. It isnt a surprise, you are spewing this trash.

2 Likes

Re: How John Kerry, Netanyahu Got Jonathan To Vote Against Palestine-uk Guardian by EMANY01(m): 3:35am On Jan 01, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:

#TeamChange!

If you have ever claimed to be Ibo then you lied by this post are you..For decades, previous Nigerian heads of state of who were Muslim, hobnobbed with characters in and from the Islamic world,how many Christians complained?
Re: How John Kerry, Netanyahu Got Jonathan To Vote Against Palestine-uk Guardian by vedaxcool(m): 8:04am On Jan 01, 2015
Ngwakwe:

[s]Attention seeker, I have heard you but I can't even guess your username offhand let alone have time for you.

Bye [/s]

Yawns! Empty words as usual!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Who Else Has Noticed The Sharp Drop In Number Of Likes For Pro APC Articles / Finally Absolute Proof Buhari Is A Bigot / What The FG Knows About IPOB And Biafra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.