Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,507 members, 7,819,839 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:14 AM

Ait On Babangida - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ait On Babangida (3089 Views)

…babangida Defends Buhari / PDP Presidential Campaign Rally In Zamfara Live On NTA And AIT / Watch Ait Now!!! Massive Crowd At PDP Kano State Governorship Rally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ait On Babangida by marvix(m): 7:11pm On Apr 12, 2010
@bluetooth are we neva goin 2 get ova d hangover of 2007 elections, pls bluetooth in ur honest opinion was d Anambra election an improvement on d 2007 elections, and was d Anambra elections not beta dan d Ekiti rerun, if Buhari who lost elections 2ce in dis country still declares dat Nigeria is not a failed state den wat abt u.

Go nd regista nd make sure ur name is on d register den go nd vote d 2011 elections wld be a major landmark lik d 1998 elections pls don't allow IBB to b d product of dat landmark.
Re: Ait On Babangida by Sunofgod(m): 8:20pm On Apr 12, 2010
Babangida and Vatsa - A Widow's Pain

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6924381337553773948#

A Gripping Video Narration of the Friendship between General Ibrahim Babangida (IBB; Nigerian Military President from 1985 - 1998) and late General Mamman Vatsa (former Abuja FCT Minister). The latter was convicted and executed (along with some other accused) over a 1986 military coup attempt against IBB's government. Vatsa's widow Hajia Safiya and his other family members have been petitioning the government lately over "that miscarriage of justice." "It is ironic", says one of Vatsa's sons, "that the man who signed my mother into woman [IBB was Vatsa's bestman at his wedding to Safiya] also signed her into widowhood, All we want are justice, clearance of the charge, payment of his benefits, and our family respect back."
Re: Ait On Babangida by Sammy107d(m): 9:06pm On Apr 12, 2010
thanks Sun of god
Re: Ait On Babangida by chidichris(m): 10:03pm On Apr 12, 2010
mamma vasta my foot. he was a millitary man like ibb and both of them knew the implication of having a successful coup and the implications of failing so friendship shld have came to the mind of vasta before he made his move. if there was a betrayal there, mamma vasta was guilty.
on the other hand, ibb did not kill half of what obj killed even as civilian head of state.
it is this same ait that was beaten and destroyed by obasanjo for airing a live broadcast of the senate seating on third term agenda.
Re: Ait On Babangida by BigB11(m): 11:09pm On Apr 12, 2010
I honestly don't know why you guys continue to cry like bunch of unpaid prostitutes.

The least you could as a decent citizen is to ask for our election process to be upgraded/revised.

There is nothing IBB has done in the past that another Nigerian politician hasn't done before or other average Nigerian doesn't do on a daily bases.
So, please stop crying and allow Nigerians to elect whoever they see as the best candidate, the candidate that will work day and night for Nigeria.

Insha Allah, IBB will bring home the crown.
Re: Ait On Babangida by rickie4us(m): 11:09am On Apr 13, 2010
Babangida knows the rule of the game and he is really playing it well.
My prayer is that , anyone who will not bring about the good of this nation and wants to rule by force should fall down and die like Abacha
Re: Ait On Babangida by money2ride: 9:16am On Apr 15, 2010
Good job AIT, even if someone is sponsoring the documentary. I actually stopped watching NTA news since the days of Abacha "Whio The Cap Fits" advert. The NTA News has remained my worst program ever since then.
Re: Ait On Babangida by redsun(m): 9:23am On Apr 15, 2010
I still can't believe ibb have the guts to come out for an election nigeria and probably have followers.It just says it all,that nigeria is dead,a rogue desolate state on the path of countries like somalia and afganistan
Re: Ait On Babangida by rasputinn(m): 7:42am On Aug 25, 2010
Please let them air it on a once-weekly basis
Re: Ait On Babangida by rasputinn(m): 7:45am On Aug 25, 2010
@ Marvix

What's up with your siggy?
Abeg cool down ooo
Re: Ait On Babangida by bkbabe97y(m): 8:13am On Aug 25, 2010
Big B1:

There is nothing IBB has done in the past that another Nigerian politician hasn't done before or other average Nigerian doesn't do on a daily bases.

I've heard more Nigerians than a lil' bit repeat this statement wheneva they wanna excuse the corrupt in their midsts. This single statement is why I think most of you Nigerians are insane!
Re: Ait On Babangida by bkbabe97y(m): 8:21am On Aug 25, 2010
"What I personally feel is that the nation itself needed a better deal. There have always been people whose only ambition is to lead, not serving any national interest. There has always been individual, tribal or business rights, never the rights of this nation to a better image; social, economic, political and military programs and plans. Nigeria deserves a group of people or leaders transparently honest enough to publish all their assets and liabilities on the pages of newspapers for the world to see. Not a nation where anybody will be allowed to have a foreign bank account let alone the millions stored away. The nation should be such that any Nigerian regardless of his tribe or religion will have the right to aspire to the leadership or rulership of the country. Nigeria was fast sinking to a state of despondency and anarchy. They never and still never trust their leaders. The anarchy at our airports characterises the state of the nation. Corruption is rife in this country and transcends all spheres of life. It is something the nation has to solve. Professional incompetence and mediocrity are rewarded whereas hard work is mocked.

Within the military, the situation was and still is very tense. The welfare of soldiers is totally neglected such that soldiers still live in batchers over ten years after the civil war; no uniforms, no drugs in the hospitals; soldiers are being subjected to too much guard duties, little or no chance to themselves and their families. The discipline in the army in particular was deteriorating rapidly as exemplified by the report of what happened in Lagos on August 27th, 1985.

The question of leadership was not discussed quite seriously, but it was with one exception, felt that the army had always dominated leadership. This was not an issue anyway as there were no solid plans regarding such things, the method of operation and the question of finance. I never considered myself for any higher military or political appointments. In fact, at first, all of us believed that if we succeeded, some senior officers of honesty would be called to rule.

Personally up till quite recently, I never believed that coups solve any problem or else Bolivia would be paradise on earth. But then things seemed to get worse and worse."

----- Col. Iyorshe (1986)

http://www.dawodu.com/vatsa.htm
Re: Ait On Babangida by Giyaz: 9:00am On Aug 25, 2010
What I fail to understand is the line , "the man who killed his friend, ". As far as gorvernment especially military one is concerned, there is no friendship when a supposed friend plans to overthrow your regime. Coup plotters know the consequences of their action. They are ready to kill in order to succeed and must be prepared to die when they fail.
I accept there are many other sins of IBB but the execution of Vatsa has got to be a lame excuse not to want him. Anyhow, he still remains the man to beat in this election. He has Dr. Raymond Dokpesi as his campaign DG while Jonathan has Dr. Talffida or Alams as his. No doubt it is 1-0 to IBB in this Department.
Re: Ait On Babangida by shinaidowu: 1:13pm On Aug 25, 2010
The problem with us Nigerians is too many talk and little action. No matter how hard we try to discredit IBB if we don't do the right tin by goin out enmasse to register and cast our vote then we shud not complain about who is ruling us.Like someone said rightly here,instead of goin out to rgister a lot of us are on facebook and nairaland yarning dust.
Re: Ait On Babangida by Solomon227(m): 2:15pm On Aug 25, 2010
@ Giyaz
What I fail to understand is the line , "the man who killed his friend, ". As far as gorvernment especially military one is concerned, there is no friendship when a supposed friend plans to overthrow your regime. Coup plotters know the consequences of their action. They are ready to kill in order to succeed and must be prepared to die when they fail.
I accept there are many other sins of IBB but the execution of Vatsa has got to be a lame excuse not to want him. Anyhow, he still remains the man to beat in this election. He has Dr. Raymond Dokpesi as his campaign DG while Jonathan has Dr. Talffida or Alams as his. No doubt it is 1-0 to IBB in this Department.

I want to blv u are doing an objective analyis of IBB chances and not his fan. IBB killed his friend Vatsa, may be u shuld get full story and watch the other suspects interview(I will post u the videos I u want). Agreed if IBB killed Vatsa, Dele Giwa," MKO","Ejigbo ADC crash victims" by the prevailing rule that time by natural law of human genetical inclinations IBB as a new leader will always want to kill or at best silence oppositions. This law has been confirmed by the 2nd coming of OBJ himself. So IBB had his chance and we shuld be looking forward to a new order. IBB should b condemned to d appendix section of Niregian story. And FYI it will b difficult 4 Dokpesi to work for IBB. AIT enjoy so much support from Lagosians and patronage from central Govt. And these are the most important enemies IBB can boast of current. His campaign is even falling down totally now with Atiku turning the heat on him, GEJ foot-soldiers upbeat, OBJ declaration for GEJ and of course Buhari quiet but effective consolidation in the core-north.
Re: Ait On Babangida by Giyaz: 3:44pm On Aug 25, 2010
@Solomon227,  I find your list of IBB's supposed enemies very funny. To start with, who is Atiku? Are you talking of the man who happens to be the most desperate of all known Nigerians? An unprincipled man who allowed himself to be bullied out of the party he co-formed in order to run for presidency. What with all the revelations of their (Atiku and OBJ) loots when things fell apart between the two?  When at AC (now ACN), what became of the relationship between him and Tinubu? He is now treathening to go to court again if PDP does not grant him a waiver. Surely he's got to be the most desperate politician.

On OBJ. What is it that needs to be said of this devil re-incarnate that has not been said before? Is it his treatment of Odi (hope you remember thsi episode), or his stylish looting of the treasury, or his last card of 3rd term project that he was ready to kill for we should talk about? Are you talking of the OBJ that could not win the polling booth of his ward in the general election that made him the president? Or the OBJ that almost every Nigerian curse day and night for his mis-rulership of 8 years? The same man with no single significant achievement during 8 years of oppression. The OBJ that had to be sneaked out of the venue of a lecture where he was to give a talk (I hope you are aware of this too 'cause it was in UK). I just hope you are not talking of the same OBJ that was accused by his son of sleeping with his (son's) wife and he did not deny it. I heard the lady and his son were eventually divorced - to pave way for the shameless OBJ to "carry go" with her.  If IBB is seen as an evil then Atiku is x2 and OBJ x10.

I
Re: Ait On Babangida by seanet02: 7:13pm On Aug 25, 2010
i promised you before next week i will walk up to resort and tell them to help me dispose of my stocks at daarcom, this dokpesi is a thief, after ruining and overinflating the value of the company, henow runs to pdp for protection
Re: Ait On Babangida by banito1(m): 10:21am On Aug 26, 2010
chidichris:

mamma vasta my foot. he was a millitary man like ibb and both of them knew the implication of having a successful coup and the implications of failing so friendship shld have came to the mind of vasta before he made his move. if there was a betrayal there, mamma vasta was guilty.
on the other hand, ibb did not kill half of what obj killed even as civilian head of state.
it is this same ait that was beaten and destroyed by obasanjo for airing a live broadcast of the senate seating on third term agenda.
What are you talking about it was just a set up or even if it was real there was no real evidence besides the punishment for carrying out a failed coup is death, BUT in Mamman Vasta's case it was just plotting[/b] and the sentence should be a long jail term. Infact he is the first man to be executed for planning a coup in Nigeria.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Cpc Slogan - Progressive Change - We Want Immediate Change, Not Progressive. / Frank Abagnale: True Life Story Of A Teenage Crime Lord And Impostor. / Gov. Ajimobi's Wife Arrested In London For Money Laundry.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.