Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,712 members, 7,809,699 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:28 PM

Ait On Babangida - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ait On Babangida (3084 Views)

…babangida Defends Buhari / PDP Presidential Campaign Rally In Zamfara Live On NTA And AIT / Watch Ait Now!!! Massive Crowd At PDP Kano State Governorship Rally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ait On Babangida by mj(m): 8:21am On Aug 15, 2006
Did you guys notice the program that AIT have been airing about Babangida military regime?What a disgrace to see the wickedness in a man like Babangida,a man that can kill his bestfriend(Vatsa).I find it hard to believe he still want to ruin nigeria by contesting the next election.I will prefer OBJ to continue instead of Babangida getting into power.what do u think?
Re: Ait On Babangida by ono(m): 1:22pm On Aug 15, 2006
Yeah, that was a revealing, insightful, ''documentary'' of the IBB years. You know, many Nigerians have short memory. It's a nice way of bringing back the story of the IBB years at this crucial point in the nations history. It's like sounding a warning signal to erring IBB disciples.

I always prefer AIT to NTA when it comes to news and documentaries about Nigeria.
Re: Ait On Babangida by Odeku(m): 1:26pm On Aug 15, 2006
Babangida will never rule Nigeria again,m he can try as hard and people are deceiving and pushing him to failure.
Re: Ait On Babangida by oshkosh(m): 3:20pm On Aug 15, 2006
Exposed the cruel, conscienceless and conniving nature of IBB. That many leading personalities in Nigeria, present and past, are running to his side in support of his presidential ambitions is an indication of the self-serving attitudes of our very own.

I hope AIT can put together a 'dispatches' type programme on the leading political aspirants. What we need in Nigeria is a major enlighteenment campaign by the press and goverment so that the masses can be more resistant to the manipulation that have become the tool of trade of the likes of Atiku, IBB and co.
Re: Ait On Babangida by domon(m): 4:13am On Aug 21, 2006
I wish Nigerians in the diaspora can begin to take out ads in Nigerian newspapers against the candidacy of Babangida.
I am going to do my share soon.
Re: Ait On Babangida by Nobody: 12:47pm On Apr 12, 2010
Suddenly IBB re appear again, I do beileve IBB judgement time has come and the Guy is just reminding God that its time for my Punishment. I do believe that IBB will never be Nigeria President if God can stop Abacha, who is IBB?
Re: Ait On Babangida by DOAweb(m): 1:11pm On Apr 12, 2010
barnabasj:

Suddenly IBB re appear again, I do beileve IBB judgement time has come and the Guy is just reminding God that its time for my Punishment. I do believe that IBB will never be Nigeria President if God can stop Abacha, who is IBB?

Odeku:

Babangida will never rule Nigeria again,m he can try as hard and people are deceiving and pushing  him to failure.

[size=16pt]Amen!![/size]
Re: Ait On Babangida by marvix(m): 1:17pm On Apr 12, 2010
@ post, pls dont compare IBB with Obj, instead make that comparision btw IBB nd Goodluck Jonathan, because I prefer a spineless Goodluck to a heartless IBB
Re: Ait On Babangida by Nobody: 1:21pm On Apr 12, 2010
public enlightenment on the wicked regime of babangida is one of the things that can stop him.this is the time i expect the 'SAVE NIGERIA GROUP' to wake up and mobilise aginst ibb.where is that noise maker tunde bakare
Re: Ait On Babangida by Nobody: 1:26pm On Apr 12, 2010
This is not a prayer and Amen Issue, this is not a talking on Nairaland Issue. FCT Elections were free and credible and PDP swept the polls, why? because a lot of were busy analysing on Facebook and Nairaland on election day. Stay here and make noise, dont go and get your permananet voters card, IBBs supporters are ready, and please dont give the tired excuse that your vote wont count, from nanambra and FCT INEC I have seen that INEC can indeed conduct elections freely and fairly
Re: Ait On Babangida by Abagworo(m): 1:38pm On Apr 12, 2010
a man who allows rule of law even when his cousins life is involved doesnt make him heartless.ibb took a very difficult decision in mamman vatsa's case.however treason is punishable by death.sap is an imf advised program that failed because of nigeria's perculiar nature.ibb had his ups and downs but remains the best candidate thus far.
Re: Ait On Babangida by Nobody: 1:43pm On Apr 12, 2010
aisha2:

This is not a prayer and Amen Issue, this is not a talking on Nairaland Issue. FCT Elections were free and credible and PDP swept the polls, why? because a lot of were busy analysing on Facebook and Nairaland on election day. Stay here and make noise, dont go and get your permananet voters card, IBBs supporters are ready, and please dont give the tired excuse that your vote wont count, from nanambra and FCT INEC I have seen that INEC can indeed conduct elections freely and fairly
when did you become inec spokesperson.you sound like one of ibb's sympathisers.as far as i'm concern pdp still have the machinery to win elections anywhere in nigeria save for some opposition states with a stronger strategy.the main thing here is that i'm more interested in the candidate finally nominated by the pdp since automatically,the person becomes the president.
Re: Ait On Babangida by doyin13(m): 1:44pm On Apr 12, 2010
Abagworo:

a man who allows rule of law even when his cousins life is involved doesnt make him heartless.ibb took a very difficult decision in mamman vatsa's case.however treason is punishable by death.sap is an imf advised program that failed because of nigeria's perculiar nature.ibb had his ups and downs but remains the best candidate thus far.

Iti Bolibo. . . Anuofia angry angry angry angry
Re: Ait On Babangida by Nobody: 1:49pm On Apr 12, 2010
~Bluetooth:

when did you become inec spokesperson.you sound like one of ibb's sympathisers.as far as i'm concern pdp still have the machinery to win elections anywhere in nigeria save for some opposition states with a stronger strategy.the main thing here is that i'm more interested in the candidate finally nominated by the pdp since automatically,the person becomes the president.
No dear, am not, just believe that the only legitimate way to get our point accross is through voting out people we dont want. We have a role to play, yes we can complain and raise awareness but the main work takes place on election day. I am not an IBB or INEC fan, just believe that getting IBB out of office reqiures more than debating on Nairaland
Re: Ait On Babangida by sjeezy8: 1:50pm On Apr 12, 2010
pdp would win in a freeand fair elections- thats just the truth
But the only way IBB wuld win PDP is if jonathan doesnt run under PDP.

Jonathan was rightly supposed to be ournext president after yaradua.
Re: Ait On Babangida by Nobody: 2:24pm On Apr 12, 2010
aisha2:

No dear, am not, just believe that the only legitimate way to get our point accross is through voting out people we dont want. We have a role to play, yes we can complain and raise awareness but the main work takes place on election day. I am not an IBB or INEC fan, just believe that getting IBB out of office reqiures more than debating on Nairaland
you and i know that stiff opposition both online and publicly are the only things that can stop ibb.he has penetrated the media and created an impression that he has support of the populace.there is no stopping aganst ibb immediately he becomes pdp candidate and as at now,no political party :ac,anpp,ppa,apga or the supposed mega party can stop the pdp.i believe my vote will not count cuz i have been to polling booth and i knew what happened in 2007.any form of opposition before pdp primaries is what we need to stop ibb and that is why ait is educating nigerians on the cruelty of ibb's regime
Re: Ait On Babangida by Nobody: 2:38pm On Apr 12, 2010
More and more days I find more reasons to pay the brideprice of this lady called Aisha if I have the opportunity.
Re: Ait On Babangida by Nobody: 2:41pm On Apr 12, 2010
I hope AIT is also running a programme on Buhari too.

Because personally I will vote IBB twice before Buhari.

But my ideal situation is to have a situation where none appear on the ballot on election day.
Re: Ait On Babangida by Nobody: 2:51pm On Apr 12, 2010
Former Nigerian military ruler to run for president

TOOLBOX
Resize Print E-mail

COMMENT
0 Comments 
Your browser's settings may be preventing you from commenting on and viewing comments about this item. See instructions for fixing the problem.
Discussion Policy CLOSEComments that include profanity or personal attacks or other inappropriate comments or material will be removed from the site. Additionally, entries that are unsigned or contain "signatures" by someone other than the actual author will be removed. Finally, we will take steps to block users who violate any of our posting standards, terms of use or privacy policies or any other policies governing this site. Please review the full rules governing commentaries and discussions. You are fully responsible for the content that you post.

Who's Blogging» Links to this article

By Felix Onuah
Reuters
Monday, April 12, 2010; 8:45 AM

ABUJA (Reuters) - Nigeria's former military leader Ibrahim Babangida is planning a political comeback by running for president nearly 25 years after he first came to power in a bloodless coup, his spokesman said on Monday.

Babangida, 68, seized power in the OPEC member state in August 1985 and went on to rule Africa's most populous nation for nearly eight years. He was forced to step down in 1993 after he canceled an election that was generally regarded as fair.

"Yes, General Babangida has decided to contest for the presidency under the (People's Democratic Party) in the 2011 presidential election," spokesman Kassim Afeagbu told Reuters.

"He is only waiting for the party timetable before he will formally declare."

He is the first major politician to publicly announce his intention to run, and he will campaign for a smaller federal government focused mainly on defense, foreign policy and the economy, leaving the rest to the states and local councils.

The ruling PDP party is expected to hold primaries in the next few months to choose their presidential candidate for the general election, which must be held by April 2011.

The race for president is expected to be wide open since many believe ailing President Umaru Yar'Adua will not seek re-election.

Acting President Goodluck Jonathan has assumed executive powers in the absence of Yar'Adua, who remains too sick to govern and has been out of the public eye since November.

Though 17 years have elapsed, Babangida's reputation has not fully recovered since he annulled the poll, in a move that paved the way for another army dictator Sani Abacha to take over.

AGE OLD PROBLEM

Analysts say voters will also be concerned about his age, reluctant to vote for another leader who may not survive a full four-year term.

"After his June 1993 election problems. He will have considerable challenges in terms of his credibility," said Bismark Rewane, head of Lagos-based Head of Financial Derivatives.

"He will also have a generational problems at his age. You need someone with a lot of vigor and energy to deal with Nigeria's huge problems."

Rewane said Babangida would be good for business as he initiated crucial economic reforms during his administration.

"There's so much bureaucracy in government. It makes government too expensive," Afeagbu said. "He wants to run a slim government that will be less bureaucratic and less expensive at the federal level.

(Reporting by Felix Onuah; Writing by Randy Fabi; Editing by Giles Elgood and Simon Cameron-Moore)

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/04/12/AR2010041201341.html

Like play like play, this man go carry this his devolution and true fedralism talk win over Nigerians

Like Aisha said, let all who want to vote out IBB get ready with an alternative. It is not enough to be against IBB, it is also about what we are for.

On election day their will be no slot for "against Babangida" voters.

We must identify an alternative leader with better ideas and vote for them. But for now IBB seems to be making sense.

His talk of a slimmer Federal Government is an election winner. We must either oppose his candidacy with a credible alternative or have our selves to blame.
Re: Ait On Babangida by blinx4real(m): 3:00pm On Apr 12, 2010
Na tru u talk o, this is definitely the time for all the SUPPOSEDLY crdeible people - the Pat Utomis, and co to step up and indicate their interest so we can know the alternative we have to all these crooks like Atiku and IBB poping up here and there!
Re: Ait On Babangida by Nobody: 3:15pm On Apr 12, 2010
mikeansy:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/04/12/AR2010041201341.html

Like play like play, this man go carry this his devolution and true fedralism talk win over Nigerians

Like Aisha said, let all who want to vote out IBB get ready with an alternative. It is not enough to be against IBB, it is also about what we are for.

We must identify an alternative leader with better ideas and vote for them. But for now IBB seems to be making sense.

His talk of a slimmer Federal Government is an election winner. We must either oppose his candidacy with a credible alternative or have our selves to blame.
he is a politician and a maradona.he knows what each region and tribes want to hear.all these federalism talk he busy pushing about are his campaign strategy.remember yaradua 'RULE OF LAW' campaign slogan.ibb will die over and over.
Re: Ait On Babangida by Nobody: 4:48pm On Apr 12, 2010
mikeansy:

More and more days I find more reasons to pay the brideprice of this lady called Aisha if I have the opportunity.
LOL, Please com and pay oh. Hope say u fina and u get bentley. LOL. Make Beaf no catch u sha
@ Topic, Bluetooth, Voting is the only way to keep bd people out of office
Re: Ait On Babangida by SkyBlue1: 4:57pm On Apr 12, 2010
aisha2:

On point. Enough of all talk and no action. Everyone who can should go and vote and make sure your vote is counted. Excuses like "what difference would it make", are cowardly, and those who didn't even bother to vote when they had the opportunity to should really not complain if even Abacha's son contests and wins.
Re: Ait On Babangida by otawa: 5:01pm On Apr 12, 2010
Did you guys notice the program that  AIT have been airing  about Babangida military regime?What a disgrace to see the wickedness in a man like Babangida,a man that can kill his bestfriend(Vatsa).I find it hard to believe he still want to ruin nigeria by contesting the next election.I will prefer OBJ to continue instead of Babangida getting into power.what do u think?

yeah. How many IGBOs did Mr Obasanjo killed in 1966??

Yet he was 2 times Nigerian President.

And last I checked Mr Obasanjo started the decree to kill coup plotters!

Vasta was a coup plotter if you dont remember just like Dimka
Re: Ait On Babangida by Fhemmmy: 5:08pm On Apr 12, 2010
I wish i cld watch same program online.
Re: Ait On Babangida by Nobody: 5:35pm On Apr 12, 2010
aisha2:

LOL, Please com and pay oh. Hope say u fina and u get bentley. LOL. Make Beaf no catch u sha
@ Topic, Bluetooth, Voting is the only way to keep bd people out of office
old story.i cant remember the last time a free and fair election was conducted in this country.
Re: Ait On Babangida by Nobody: 5:40pm On Apr 12, 2010
Anambra Feb 12th and Abuja, April 10th 2010
~Bluetooth:

old story.i cant remember the last time a free and fair election was conducted in this country.
Re: Ait On Babangida by Nobody: 6:07pm On Apr 12, 2010
aisha2:

Anambra Feb 12th and Abuja, April 10th 2010
argh argh.you cited an election where about 80 per cent couldnt find their names on the voters register a credible election.that is the latest rigging strategy that wolud be used by the pdp come 2011 by that there wouldnt be violent,so everybody will conclude that the election is free and fair
Re: Ait On Babangida by marvix(m): 6:24pm On Apr 12, 2010
~Bluetooth:

@bluetooth, aisha is not bein INEC or IBBs spokes person but is saying that the INEC of 2010 is not the same INEC of 2007, a lot has changed and in free nd fair contests PDP is still capable of sweeping polls, so we all should go and prepare for 2011 elections by registering and getting our permanent voters card.

mikeansy:

Alternative leader has to be one person who has the clout and capacity to take on IBB either within the PDP or outside the PDP.

At this time i will encourage all other candidates to start steeping down and queing behind Jonathan this is not time for Utomi to be trying again as candidate or all those others who will not be able to win in their local govts area. they should all know that the viable option to IBB is Goodluck Jonathan and they should all encourage him.
They could all start by declaring that they would not field any candidate if Jonathan is fielded by PDP, but if the PDP gives its platform to IBB to maintain their zonin formula then the onus is on all the opposition parties to get themselves together under any kind of funny arrangement and offer Jonathan the alternative platform so we have a straight contest between Jonathan and IBB and then Jonathan will use his incumbency factor against the PDP
Re: Ait On Babangida by Nobody: 6:50pm On Apr 12, 2010
@marvix--iwu has not changed from what he used to be and the electoral bill is till pending in the senate.so what changes have you seen in inec so far?
Re: Ait On Babangida by dove24u(m): 7:02pm On Apr 12, 2010
Babangida ke

EFCC where are you? grin grin grin
Re: Ait On Babangida by Ikengawo: 7:05pm On Apr 12, 2010
obviously this is well place porpganda against ibb by political enemies because election season is coming. im not saying he was good or bad but its al politics

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lastma & Police; Who Collects The Heaviest Bribe? / Nigerian Revolutional Party- NRP Has 20,000 Vacancies Nation-Wide Join Now / Can Jonathan Goodluck Deliver?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.