Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,968 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:45 AM

Drivers Refuses To Take President GEJ's Campaign Vehicles From Kaduna To Kano - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Drivers Refuses To Take President GEJ's Campaign Vehicles From Kaduna To Kano (7695 Views)

Sule Lamido For President 2019 Campaign Vehicles (Photos) / Nigeria Buys Helicopters, Vehicles From Russia, UAE To Fight Boko Haram / EFCC Recovers 17 Vehicles From Abdullahi Dikko, Ex-Comptroller Of Customs (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Drivers Refuses To Take President GEJ's Campaign Vehicles From Kaduna To Kano by abacus(m): 6:14pm On Dec 31, 2014
cjrane:
Buhari will still lose because he is unelectable.
However, The most painful part is that the north took the LION share of Pres. GEJ projects. All the railway lines, the expressways, the bridges, new farms, Zungeru and Mambilla mega dams and countless positions in government.

It still has not made them want to rule. Because they are the ones born to rule Nigeria alone.
GEJ should ponder hard if pleasing one section of the country with the lion share of everything the FG has to offer changes anything?
They will simply act based on tribalism,the way they are programmed to act.

Cry cry baby, which project are you talking of? Those railway that always start working at eve of election and go grounded afterwards?

Let North be, after all Omokri called them pest. Election year is a funny year here in Nigeria.

7 Likes

Re: Drivers Refuses To Take President GEJ's Campaign Vehicles From Kaduna To Kano by Nobody: 6:14pm On Dec 31, 2014
NgeneUkwenu:

Are you blaming the drivers for opting to stay out of trouble and possibly harm or are you blaming the total collapse of Security in the North?
I am not blaming the drivers, but advocating civility while calling on the President and his Security aides to ensure maximum security in every part of the country. It is a shame that the government has failed in every respect including security. Nobody should live in fear, nobody have right to attack or cause harm to anyone irrespective of political affiliation. Trouble-makers should be arrested and brought to justice.

1 Like

Re: Drivers Refuses To Take President GEJ's Campaign Vehicles From Kaduna To Kano by Nobody: 6:15pm On Dec 31, 2014
LRNZH:

If drivers cannot feel safe between Kaduna and Kano, it is first, a failing of the the President, National Chief Security Officers then the State Governors.

Don't blame GMB

Stop talking like a baby

What can the security do when millions of people have made up their hearts to wreck havoc

2 Likes

Re: Drivers Refuses To Take President GEJ's Campaign Vehicles From Kaduna To Kano by Pataki: 6:17pm On Dec 31, 2014
barcanista:
the innocent drivers are not Jonathan, they are ordinary citizens like you and I. Driving is their job to put food on their table. They are also victims of bad governance, it is unjust to punish them for the failure of a government that they have no input. PDP is a legal entity, the election should be won and lost at the polling units nationwide not through the pains of the sticks and machetes. Add to this, if other parties adopt same strategies, it will lead to anarchy and breakdown of law and order which benefit no one.
It is a shame that our country is one where people live in fear!

Jonathan is not the only man contesting. There are 11/12 others under different parties. And thus far, we have not heard of any other party buses subjected to fear from campaigning. No one has also threatened these drivers, but they know the pulse of Nigerians at this time.

The difference is that PDP/Jonathan are the ones in power at the moment. Hence the resentment.

What grows this resentment you might ask? You cannot live in the North and have cause to smile when you see a PDP/Goodluck bus in your face. A region that has been thrown into repeated mourning and families are in agony, no thanks to Boko Haram and a clueless useless government; and yet Goodluck wants to come and campaign? Is that reasonable?

6 Likes

Re: Drivers Refuses To Take President GEJ's Campaign Vehicles From Kaduna To Kano by NgeneUkwenu(f): 6:19pm On Dec 31, 2014
barcanista:
I am not blaming the drivers, but advocating civility while calling on the President and his Security aides to ensure maximum security in every part of the country. It is a shame that the government has failed in every respect including security. Nobody should live in fear, nobody have right to attack or cause harm to anyone irrespective of political affiliation. Trouble-makers should be arrested and brought to justice.

Okay! Do you actually believe the excuse offered by the drivers? The issue is that they dont want to be seen identifying with PDP, so the rejection was a modest way of protesting the negligence of the North by the PDP led government!

3 Likes

Re: Drivers Refuses To Take President GEJ's Campaign Vehicles From Kaduna To Kano by Pataki: 6:27pm On Dec 31, 2014
aresa:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0gqo4x984A

Instead of visiting to show leadership and support, this is what the clown said before the international media..

www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0gqo4x984A

Very sad and embarrassing...

The guy is truly an intellectual disgrace. I don't how he lives with himself, knowing that he is a total misfit for leadership.

Who would want to associate himself with someone has not shown the character of a sincere leader? He has refused to visit any of the attacked regions and yet he wants innocent Nigerians to carry his campaign buses into these regions?! Wickedly offering them 70,000 Naira to face their death.

Wicked being.

8 Likes

Re: Drivers Refuses To Take President GEJ's Campaign Vehicles From Kaduna To Kano by donphilopus: 6:27pm On Dec 31, 2014
barcanista:
the innocent drivers are not Jonathan, they are ordinary citizens like you and I. Driving is their job to put food on their table. They are also victims of bad governance, it is unjust to punish them for the failure of a government that they have no input. PDP is a legal entity, the election should be won and lost at the polling units nationwide not through the pains of the sticks and machetes. Add to this, if other parties adopt same strategies, it will lead to anarchy and breakdown of law and order which benefit no one.
It is a shame that our country is one where people live in fear!

From what I just read up there, there was never a time the Drivers were threatened by the Opposition elements over there. They rejected the offer based on their discretion. As usual the election would be won and lost at the polling units, but if GEJ hadn't failed them, they wouldn't have had any excuse for rejecting the offer!

6 Likes

Re: Drivers Refuses To Take President GEJ's Campaign Vehicles From Kaduna To Kano by aresa: 6:29pm On Dec 31, 2014
WhiteTechnology:

Stop talking like a baby

What can the security do when millions of people have made up their hearts to wreck havoc

Apathy, cowardly, incompetence, self defeatism and lack of sense of duty and obligation.

1 Like

Re: Drivers Refuses To Take President GEJ's Campaign Vehicles From Kaduna To Kano by Nobody: 6:32pm On Dec 31, 2014
Pataki:

Jonathan is not the only man contesting. There are 11/12 others under different parties. And thus far, we have not heard of any other party buses subjected to fear from campaigning. No one has also threatened these drivers, but they know the pulse of Nigerians at this time.
The difference is that PDP/Jonathan are the ones in power at the moment. Hence the resentment.
What grows this resentment you might ask? You cannot live in the North and have cause to smile when you see a PDP/Goodluck bus in your face. A region that has been thrown into repeated mourning and families are in agony, no thanks to Boko Haram and a clueless useless government; and yet Goodluck wants to come and campaign? Is that reasonable?
My position remains that Goodluck Jonathan does not deserve a second term! However, the same constitution that we derive our power to vote out Jonathan is the same constitution that provide for freedom of movement and right to association. I am not saying that the north should accept Jonathan, all I am saying is that his rejection should come through a constitutional means without harrassment of his associates or employees. I feel their pains honestly!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Drivers Refuses To Take President GEJ's Campaign Vehicles From Kaduna To Kano by LRNZH(m): 6:33pm On Dec 31, 2014
NgeneUkwenu:

Okay! Do you actually believe the excuse offered by the drivers? The issue is that they dont want to be seen identifying with PDP, so the rejection was a modest way of protesting the negligence of the North by the PDP led government!

donphilopus:

From what I just read up there, there was never a time the Drivers were threatened by the Opposition elements over there. They rejected the offer based on their discretion. As usual the election would be won and lost at the polling units, but if GEJ hadn't failed them, they wouldn't have had any excuse for rejecting the offer!

Common Sense is not Common. You guys just expressed my thoughts. I think Barcanista is slightly too apologetic.

I have a suggestion. They should take out the PDP logos, get the buses to Kano and repaint the campaign logos back on.

That's more drain on tax payers' fund though.

3 Likes

Re: Drivers Refuses To Take President GEJ's Campaign Vehicles From Kaduna To Kano by PassingShot(m): 6:37pm On Dec 31, 2014
barcanista:
Bros that is my point! No one should be threatened or beaten for supporting PDP/APC or whatever!

Nothing like threatening or beating in the report!

2 Likes

Re: Drivers Refuses To Take President GEJ's Campaign Vehicles From Kaduna To Kano by lorddannie: 6:39pm On Dec 31, 2014
LRNZH:
E Don Happen.

You Can't Fool All The People All The Time!

Sweep Out Corruption From Kano.
[img]http://2.bp..com/-RS7x_1OrJrg/U043aaUh7tI/AAAAAAABA18/oWW6RXODtSg/s1600/Gov.+Kwankwaso+sweeps+off+President+Jonathan%E2%80%99s+feet+in+style+4.jpg[/img]

Sai Buhari
Apshits went to Teslim Balogun stadium with over 10,000 brooms and left the venue dirtier than they met it.

Infact, they desecrated the place.

Hypocrisy and self-deceit at its best.

2 Likes

Re: Drivers Refuses To Take President GEJ's Campaign Vehicles From Kaduna To Kano by Nobody: 6:39pm On Dec 31, 2014
NgeneUkwenu:

My concern is the general safety of Nigerians and the failure of Jonathan-led government to provide security for Nigerians. Their excuse may be true or false but it surely calls for concern
Re: Drivers Refuses To Take President GEJ's Campaign Vehicles From Kaduna To Kano by Pataki: 6:42pm On Dec 31, 2014
barcanista:
My position remains that Goodluck Jonathan does not deserve a second term! However, the same constitution that we derive our power to vote out Jonathan is the same constitution that provide for freedom of movement and right to association. I am not saying that the north should accept Jonathan, all I am saying is that his rejection should come through a constitutional means without harrassment of his associates or employees. I feel their pains honestly!

Nobody has been harrassed. Everyone is just feeling the resentment against this clueless man and his government. This was not the case in 2011.

The question you have not asked yourself is: why almost four years later, the resentment has grown in epic proportions so much that people do not want to be seen associating with this clueless man especially in the North?

5 Likes

Re: Drivers Refuses To Take President GEJ's Campaign Vehicles From Kaduna To Kano by Nobody: 6:45pm On Dec 31, 2014
donphilopus:

Don, I never said they were threatened by anyone, from the report they feel threatened and with fear for their lives if they should drive the buses despite the huge pay. Please, read my comment again to get my message.
Re: Drivers Refuses To Take President GEJ's Campaign Vehicles From Kaduna To Kano by arewaempire: 6:47pm On Dec 31, 2014
@Barcaniata, your point is well understood. Nothing justifies an attack on Goodluck/Sambo campaign vehicles, but the report shows how much people in the north despise the evil party Pdp and that no one was willing to soil his reputation by associating with anything pdp.

3 Likes

Re: Drivers Refuses To Take President GEJ's Campaign Vehicles From Kaduna To Kano by PassingShot(m): 6:52pm On Dec 31, 2014
barcanista:
Don, I never said they were threatened by anyone, from the report they feel threatened and with fear for their lives if they should drive the buses despite the huge pay. Please, read my comment again to get my message.

You're wrong again. They didn't say they feel threatened and never said they fear for their lives. They said their conscience would not allow them drive the vehicles based on Jonathan's failure.

Don't infer anything other than what is clearly written and spelt out.

5 Likes

Re: Drivers Refuses To Take President GEJ's Campaign Vehicles From Kaduna To Kano by lorddannie: 6:55pm On Dec 31, 2014
Collynzo22:
The violent attitude of northerners some people choose to celeberate when it suits them is what gave rise to boko haram.
People will never learn....

Politics of violence, hatred, religious discrimination and extremism that is what is what is displayed by people of the core against their southern opponents, particularly to non-muslims.

Sule Lamido has accused the semi-illitrate dictator of divisive campaign. It is getting clearer that GMB and his extremist supporters are quite intolerant, violent and barbaric.

In 2011, the old clueless one, encouraged his supporters to kill. That was exactly what they did.

The same individual and his cohorts claims he is the change Nigeria is looking for? God forbid! How far do they think they go with this?

The same group thinks they would will elections and run the affairs of this nation with revenue from a region they despise, hated and marginalized for no just reason but religious differences?

One good turn deserves another!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Drivers Refuses To Take President GEJ's Campaign Vehicles From Kaduna To Kano by aresa: 6:56pm On Dec 31, 2014
lorddannie:
Apshits went to Teslim Balogun stadium with over 10,000 brooms and left the venue dirtier than they met it.

Infact, they desecrated the place.

Hypocrisy and self-deceit at its best.

lorddannie:
GEJ until Buhari Stabilise world oil price

GEJ until Oshomole "go and die"

GEJ until Buhari has a Phd

We know where you belong so stop trying too hard... Ndo
Re: Drivers Refuses To Take President GEJ's Campaign Vehicles From Kaduna To Kano by Nobody: 6:58pm On Dec 31, 2014
PassingShot:

You're wrong again. They didn't say they feel threatened and never said they fear for their lives. They said their conscience would not allow them drive the vehicles based on Jonathan's failure.

Don't infer anything other than what is clearly written and spelt out.
President Goodluck Jonathan’s
campaign team suffered a major
setback today in Nigeria’s in the
core north as commercial and
private drivers refused to take
campaign vehicles already
painted in the PDP and
Jonathan /Sambo campaign
brand from Kaduna a state to
Kano metropolis citing fear of
attacks by citizens opposed to
the President's return to office
after the 2015 elections.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Drivers Refuses To Take President GEJ's Campaign Vehicles From Kaduna To Kano by Nobody: 7:02pm On Dec 31, 2014
lorddannie:

Politics of violence, hatred, religious discrimination and extremism that is what is what is displayed by people of the core against their southern opponents, particularly to non-muslims.

Sule Lamido has accused the semi-illitrate dictator of divisive campaign. It is getting clearer that GMB and his extremist supporters are quite intolerant, violent and barbaric.

In 2011, the old clueless one, encouraged his supporters to kill. That was exactly what they did.

The same individual and his cohorts claims he is the change Nigeria is looking for? God forbid! How far do they think they go with this?

The same group thinks they would will elections and run the affairs of this nation with revenue from a region they despise, hated and marginalized for no just reason but religious differences?

One good turn deserves another!
who is feeding you with tales by sunset?

3 Likes

Re: Drivers Refuses To Take President GEJ's Campaign Vehicles From Kaduna To Kano by PassingShot(m): 7:02pm On Dec 31, 2014
barcanista:
painted in the PDP and
Jonathan /Sambo campaign

Ok, I missed that. But the fact remains that they were not threatened by anyone.
Re: Drivers Refuses To Take President GEJ's Campaign Vehicles From Kaduna To Kano by donphilopus: 7:04pm On Dec 31, 2014
barcanista:

Pls, take a look at the bold.

Several drivers who were approached to drop off the campaign vehicles complained that Mr. Jonathan has failed the north and they could not in good conscience be seen driving vehicles with his campaign logo between the two most important cities in the north.

You see the part where they talked about "good conscience"?! That's what I'm also trynna say. It's just like some Christians who would not like to be seen eating rams with Muslims during Ed-kabir Celebrations. But that doesn't necessarily mean that their fellow Christians have threatened them or would kill them if they see them eating, they just follow their conscience.

Other question you should ask yourself is: "Did they feel threatened when they were asked to drive his Campaign buses to different Northern States in 2011?"

3 Likes

Re: Drivers Refuses To Take President GEJ's Campaign Vehicles From Kaduna To Kano by fr3do(m): 7:06pm On Dec 31, 2014
Collynzo22:
The violent attitude of northerners some people choose to celeberate when it suits them is what gave rise to boko haram.
People will never learn....

Gbam!
Re: Drivers Refuses To Take President GEJ's Campaign Vehicles From Kaduna To Kano by Nobody: 7:09pm On Dec 31, 2014
PassingShot:

Ok, I missed that. But the fact remains that they were not threatened by anyone.
Neither did I accuse anyone of threatening anybody. I blamed the government for failing to provide security, I also charged them to beef up security across the country while enjoining the electorates to shun violence. I don't think my position is unclear

1 Like

Re: Drivers Refuses To Take President GEJ's Campaign Vehicles From Kaduna To Kano by LRNZH(m): 7:17pm On Dec 31, 2014
barcanista:
Neither did I accuse anyone of threatening anybody. I blamed the government for failing to provide security, I also charged them to beef up security across the country while enjoining the electorates to shun violence. I don't think my position is unclear

We are all interpreting the true motives of the drivers.

But the point is GEJ has failed and it is hampering his campaign. Insecurity is the issue here and you have rightly pointed it out.
Don't sound apologetic for this. It is GEJ's and PDP's fault. Every society has its fair share of miscreants. It is the duty of authority to keep them in check.

3 Likes

Re: Drivers Refuses To Take President GEJ's Campaign Vehicles From Kaduna To Kano by Nobody: 7:22pm On Dec 31, 2014
donphilopus:

Pls, take a look at the bold.

You see the part where they talked about "good conscience"?! That's what I'm also trynna say. It's just like some Christians who would not like to be seen eating rams with Muslims during Ed-kabir Celebrations. But that doesn't necessarily mean that their fellow Christians have threatened them or would kill them if they see them eating, they just follow their conscience.

Other question you should ask yourself is: "Did they feel threatened when they were asked to drive his Campaign buses to different Northern States in 2011?"
Bros, the first concern was fear for their lives, then some rejected due to their conscience. In other words, some won't mind driving the buses but they fear their safety. I am only commenting on those with security fears. In 2011 post election over 1000 Nigerians were killed and several party chieftains attacked including VP Sambo by some fanatics and radicals that prefers killing and violence rather than be civil. Note: I called them fanatics and not CPC or PDP supporters! We need to tackle the drivers' security concern rather than dismiss it abruptly.

1 Like

Re: Drivers Refuses To Take President GEJ's Campaign Vehicles From Kaduna To Kano by ThankGodEdeh(m): 7:23pm On Dec 31, 2014
That is what you get from the Hausa Muslims in the North. You dare not express your support for GEJ in public. I wonder what happeneed to freedom of association. Even it means we are dieing, GEJ for 2015.
Re: Drivers Refuses To Take President GEJ's Campaign Vehicles From Kaduna To Kano by Nobody: 7:27pm On Dec 31, 2014
Of course, it is 100% the fault of the President, his party and the security agencies. BTW: I don't think I am being apologetic to the PDP
LRNZH:

We are all interpreting the true motives of the drivers.

But the point is GEJ has failed and it is hampering his campaign. Insecurity is the issue here and you have rightly pointed it out.
Don't sound apologetic for this. It is GEJ's and PDP's fault.

1 Like

Re: Drivers Refuses To Take President GEJ's Campaign Vehicles From Kaduna To Kano by citizenY(m): 7:35pm On Dec 31, 2014
mentorandfriend:
Using state resources to buy costly Hiace vehicles, using Federal forces as drivers to drive these vehicles to Kano (with command from the presidency). Nawao. See what this government has reduced the Nigerian police to? Drivers? Ok o.

This is the impunity we should expect. Improper use of the army and police. Why not use private security services?
Re: Drivers Refuses To Take President GEJ's Campaign Vehicles From Kaduna To Kano by mentorandfriend(m): 7:39pm On Dec 31, 2014
citizenY:

This is the impunity we should expect. Improper use of the army and police. Why not use private security services?
The thing tire me o.
Re: Drivers Refuses To Take President GEJ's Campaign Vehicles From Kaduna To Kano by agabaI23(m): 7:43pm On Dec 31, 2014
Olamitisoji:
http://saharareporters.com/2014/12/31/pdp-can’t-find-drivers-take-president-jonathan’s-campaign-vehicles-kaduna-kano

painted in the PDP and
Jonathan /Sambo campaign

Several drivers who were
approached to drop off the
cam[b]paign vehicles complained
that Mr. Jonathan has failed the
north and they could not in good
conscience be seen driving
vehicles with his campaign logo
between the two most important
cities in the north.[/b]
The drivers were offered
N70,000 each but weren’t
swayed to take the vehicles
numbering 80 to Kano from the
Kaduna government house where
Vice President, Namadi Sambo
and Kaduna state governor,
Mukhtar Ramalan Yero had them
purchased and branded for
President Jonathan’s
presidential campaign in Kano.
As at the time of going to press,
the Presidency had intervened
asking police and army drivers to
move the vehicle under armed
escort.
I seriously doubt this portion.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

#ondodecides2016: PDP Substantive Appeal Hearing Day 1 / Pressure On Buhari To Reject Reworked Electoral Bill / Oau Appoints Sunny Ade As A University Lecturer.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.