Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,226 members, 7,829,384 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:52 AM

2015/2016 Direct Entry Admission Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-ife - Education (46) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 2015/2016 Direct Entry Admission Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-ife (251326 Views)

Beautiful Pictures Of Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-ife / Admission!!! Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU) 2015/16 / JAMB 2015/2016 DIRECT Entry Form/ Scratch Card Is Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (95) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2015/2016 Direct Entry Admission Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-ife by rkarang: 1:47pm On Sep 06, 2015
angiography:

You've got my like for your previous post. It really makes sense. Concise, clarity, comprehensive plus courtesy smiley

Simplicity is the KEY!

Many thanks and God bless!
Re: 2015/2016 Direct Entry Admission Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-ife by angiography(m): 1:47pm On Sep 06, 2015
Rimini:

What about cambridge a level for direct entry into medicine i had BBB
they calculate A-level using points...thesame way they'll calculate for JUPEB students. You have an impressive points there (12 out of 15). What i was told was that oau can only take candidates with 12 points and above into college of health sciences...and that makes very much eligible to stake your admission. If you know anyone that can help, pls pursue it.

1 Like

Re: 2015/2016 Direct Entry Admission Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-ife by angiography(m): 1:52pm On Sep 06, 2015
rkarang:

You've got my like for your previous post. It really makes sense. Concise, clarity, comprehensive plus courtesy smiley

Simplicity is the KEY!

Many thanks and God bless!
don't mention. Some people helped also on direct entry thread last year. You can fish out that last year thread...u wld see handful of valuable infos there that could help

1 Like

Re: 2015/2016 Direct Entry Admission Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-ife by HaneefahRN(f): 1:56pm On Sep 06, 2015
angiography:

the thing dey piss me off jare. I will blame it on the members of this thread tho'.
The processing of D.E is straight forward viz-a-viz; the D.E. cut off mark for all department is 50% (apparently, oau did the post D.E. test just to earn some cool cash). The major requisite for admission is the transcript from previous institution which must be submitted as early as possible. It will interest us to know that merit list has already been compiled. It's expected to be out by this week ending or early next week. After d merit list is the supplementary list which will feature the direct entry and pre-degree student, hence the reason why submission of transcript can't exceed this week.

On the criteria for selection of candidates...well, a baseline score of 50% makes you eligible for further processing. Then your performance as spelt out in the transcript would be the deciding factor...a student with distinction apparently has an edge over a lower credit student.
2. The school you finished from is also verie important. For example a nursing student who finished from OAUTHC has an edge over a nursing student from LUTH even if the latter has a distinction while the former has credit (there're 7 D.E. nursing students in my class who finished from oauthc out of the 15 admitted). Likewise, oau there're some schools that have strong reputations in oau e.g. Yabatech, fedpoly Ede, Fedpoly Ilaro, Fedpoly Ibadan, Fedpoly Offa(m surprised), Laspotech... We should be reminded that a 2:1 candidates from a university(esp. Southwestern universities) wld be preferred to a distinction student from a polytechnic especially into medicine, law, pharmacy.

Those ones i wrote above are the norms...if you really want to get admission against all odds, one has to start pressing some buttons and using some legs(lobby). I'm saying again pls u need to go extra length than staying at home and thinking your transcript wld do. Oau does not have a stipulated no of candidate she takes- 15 candidates were admitted into my department this year while only 2 were admitted year before the last (it depends on vacancy in the department you are applying into)...I'm open to answering any question i know its answer.
Thanks for the info, God bless. Are u a nursing student?
Re: 2015/2016 Direct Entry Admission Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-ife by OBSEQUIOUS(m): 2:02pm On Sep 06, 2015
Just as expected, well said . Above all there's a salient need for prayers. To be realistic, there are limited slots for DE. Quite a number of applicants with intimidating results. even your distinctions will shake when you see other certificates, some without grades and they are from reputable institutions . Pray for luck,grace and mercy. Don't be surprised, I submitted my document myself and I couldn't find it again when I went for follow up. Its a sign that powers are at play. Prayer and praises solves all. Success everyone!
Re: 2015/2016 Direct Entry Admission Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-ife by angiography(m): 2:04pm On Sep 06, 2015
HaneefahRN:

Thanks for the info, God bless. Are u a nursing student?
yes. Went to nursing school...pre-degree, got admitted into nursing department via D.E....and now met the cut off into my dream course. Medicine...

The journey was long, I agree, but it was worth it
Re: 2015/2016 Direct Entry Admission Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-ife by angiography(m): 2:10pm On Sep 06, 2015
OBSEQUIOUS:
Just as expected, well said . Above all there's a salient need for prayers. To be realistic, there are limited slots for DE. Quite a number of applicants with intimidating results. even your distinctions will shake when you see other certificates, some without grades and they are from reputable institutions . Pray for luck,grace and mercy. Don't be surprised, I submitted my document myself and I couldn't find it again when I went for follow up. Its a sign that powers are at play. Prayer and praises solves all. Success everyone!
exactly bro. The best graduating student in out set wasn't even admitted while a no of we 'ordinary' students were taken...it all goes down to finding favour in the sight of God and man...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2015/2016 Direct Entry Admission Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-ife by rkarang: 2:15pm On Sep 06, 2015
OBSEQUIOUS:
Just as expected, well said . Above all there's a salient need for prayers. To be realistic, there are limited slots for DE. Quite a number of applicants with intimidating results. even your distinctions will shake when you see other certificates, some without grades and they are from reputable institutions . Pray for luck,grace and mercy. [b]Don't be surprised, I submitted my document myself and I couldn't find it again when I went for follow up. Its a sign that powers are at play.[b] Prayer and praises solves all. Success everyone!

That's serious! Were you given any form to fill when you submitted? I mean a register?

This is how a professional secretary works: He/she records the receipt of a document in a specific register with the date of receipt... With that, one can always make reference to it.

It is well!

1 Like

Re: 2015/2016 Direct Entry Admission Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-ife by OBSEQUIOUS(m): 2:17pm On Sep 06, 2015
angiography:

exactly bro. The best graduating student in out set wasn't even admitted while a no of we 'ordinary' students were taken...it all goes down to finding favour in the sight of God and man...
such an heart breaking experience it was but with God all things are possible. Will be the happiest when I scale through the huddle.
Re: 2015/2016 Direct Entry Admission Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-ife by rkarang: 2:21pm On Sep 06, 2015
angiography:

yes. Went to nursing school...pre-degree, got admitted into nursing department via D.E....and now met the cut off into my dream course. Medicine...

This is a reflection of hard work, dogged and undaunted effort.

I'm wishing you all the best in your chosen career.
Re: 2015/2016 Direct Entry Admission Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-ife by OBSEQUIOUS(m): 2:27pm On Sep 06, 2015
rkarang:

That's serious! Were you given any form to fill when you submitted? I mean a register?

This is how a professional secretary works: He/she records the receipt of a document in a specific register with the date of receipt... With that, one can always make reference to it.

It is well!
no be small thing, only transcript was recorded. DE form not always properly handled.
Re: 2015/2016 Direct Entry Admission Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-ife by rkarang: 2:31pm On Sep 06, 2015
angiography:

Horrible experience!

I bagged Distinction in my ND from The Polytechnic, Ibadan but when I applied for DE admission into FUNAAB (no test, just the submission of transcript), my application fell through.

Well, it was a lesson learned!
Re: 2015/2016 Direct Entry Admission Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-ife by greatguru22: 3:20pm On Sep 06, 2015
I took a cursory look at some of ur posts especially d one from d newly registered member like angiogra etc

I was laughin wen reading all ur posts but can u say it in my presence? How i wish i had ample time to tackle all of u one by one...

Well well, i dont have much time to spend here cos i'm working on how to hold a seminar dis week..

Probably after d seminar i want to organise or when i have made cool money on fiverr.com, website hosting and other legistimate online business, thanks to d owner of naijaloaded, he is my boss, today even if i'm not a millionaire, money has become my slave..

So ladies and gentlemen i wil be right back to dis thread for more info on OAU direct entry once i'm less busy but wil stil be updating some thread on nairaland.

Oh u mean wat about those i want to track down? Kk, their own issue is secondary let first face d primary issue.

Bye bye nd happy sunday to all.
Re: 2015/2016 Direct Entry Admission Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-ife by angiography(m): 3:34pm On Sep 06, 2015
rkarang:

Horrible experience!

I bagged Distinction in my ND from The Polytechnic, Ibadan but when I applied for DE admission into FUNAAB (no test, just the submission of transcript), my application fell through.

Well, it was a lesson learned!
i sympathise with you bro!...just don't let this year pass bye. Use the avenue of favour with God and man (i'm sure u understand what i mean)...
Re: 2015/2016 Direct Entry Admission Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-ife by OBSEQUIOUS(m): 3:35pm On Sep 06, 2015
greatguru22:
I took a cursory look at some of ur posts especially d one from d newly registered member like angiogra etc

I was laughin wen reading it but can u say it in my presence? How i wish i had ample time to tackle all of u one by one.

Well well, i dont have much time to spend here cos i'm working on how to hold a seminar dis week..

Probably after d seminar i want to organise or when i have made cool money on fiverr.com, website hosting and other legistimate online business, thanks to d owner of naijaloaded, he is my boss, today even if i'm not a millionaire, money has become my slave..

So ladies and gentlemen i wil be right back to dis thread once i'm less busy but wil stil be updating some thread on nairaland.

Oh u mean wat about those i want to track down? Kk, there own issue is secondary let first d primary issue first.

you think you just pick money on fiverr? Better swallow your ego and come here to learn. Fiverr? Laughing out really loud. You will learn soon!
Re: 2015/2016 Direct Entry Admission Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-ife by angiography(m): 3:40pm On Sep 06, 2015
greatguru22:

I was laughin wen reading all ur posts but can u say it in my presence? How i wish i had ample time to tackle all of u one by one...

So ladies and gentlemen i wil be right back to dis thread for more info on OAU direct entry once i'm less busy but wil stil be updating some thread on nairaland.

Oh u mean wat about those i want to track down? Kk, their own issue is secondary let first face d primary issue.

young man, no man is contesting with you...if you have any info, it'ld be welcomed. I don't have anything to gain contesting with you online... God bless your hustle. It's good to know u're doing well tho'
Re: 2015/2016 Direct Entry Admission Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-ife by Rimini: 3:44pm On Sep 06, 2015
angiography:

they calculate A-level using points...thesame way they'll calculate for JUPEB students. You have an impressive points there (12 out of 15). What i was told was that oau can only take candidates with 12 points and above into college of health sciences...and that makes very much eligible to stake your admission. If you know anyone that can help, pls pursue it.

Thank you o, for the follow up part i stay in kaduna and do not have anyone, how will I do it?
Re: 2015/2016 Direct Entry Admission Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-ife by aleem50(m): 3:49pm On Sep 06, 2015
OBSEQUIOUS:
follow up as in?Did they allow you to check the documents u submitted @ admission office? Kindly explain this follow up of a thing bro.
Re: 2015/2016 Direct Entry Admission Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-ife by angiography(m): 3:51pm On Sep 06, 2015
Rimini:

Thank you o, for the follow up part i stay in kaduna and do not have anyone, how will I do it?
God specializes in doing the impossibility

1 Like

Re: 2015/2016 Direct Entry Admission Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-ife by 0lushola(m): 3:57pm On Sep 06, 2015
Things are really gettin intrestin in here.. to everybody that keep this topic alive, ya'l appreciated. 4rm the good, the bad, the newly, ermm the chiks that spice up tins, and the small trackin boi guru.. ya'll doing a g0od job in here... OAU gotta expect a really unique personalties c0ming in this year.. hmm. just 1 team!! #teamOAU

1 Like

Re: 2015/2016 Direct Entry Admission Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-ife by HaneefahRN(f): 4:00pm On Sep 06, 2015
angiography:

That's cul, I'm happy for you. Glad u got ur dream course at the end. Your nursing background wld be a plus for u.
If I would pursue my dream profession, that would be teaching, not interested in medicine, but I could always go into nursing education.
I'm through with nursing sch, praying to get in for my BNSC via DE this year.
Re: 2015/2016 Direct Entry Admission Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-ife by angiography(m): 4:13pm On Sep 06, 2015
HaneefahRN:

That's cul, I'm happy for you. Glad u got ur dream course at the end. Your nursing background wld be a plus for u.
If I would pursue my dream profession, that would be teaching, not interested in medicine, but I could always go into nursing education.
I'm through with nursing sch, praying to get in for my BNSC via DE this year.
whao!...i finished from oauthc. Which schl did you finish from if I may ask
Re: 2015/2016 Direct Entry Admission Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-ife by Nobody: 4:47pm On Sep 06, 2015
greatguru22:

Probably after d seminar i want to organise or when i have made cool money on fiverr.com, website hosting and other legistimate online business, thanks to d owner of naijaloaded, he is my boss, today even if i'm not a millionaire, money has become my slave.
Re: 2015/2016 Direct Entry Admission Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-ife by HaneefahRN(f): 5:00pm On Sep 06, 2015
angiography:

whao!...i finished from oauthc. Which schl did you finish from if I may ask
I graduated from SONO and had 2 credits and a pass in nursing council, I hope this is gud enough?
Re: 2015/2016 Direct Entry Admission Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-ife by Nobody: 5:04pm On Sep 06, 2015
Re: 2015/2016 Direct Entry Admission Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-ife by mizzhoneey(f): 5:11pm On Sep 06, 2015
Its high time you guys left this guru guy.
I was reading few sensible posts here until he posted and you guys gave him the attention he wanted.

No mention,no reply, no quote.just ignore... after sometime he will get the message and quit madness... Just one post and about 5 replies...
You guys are Giving him too much attention,he don turn celeb here now

3 Likes

Re: 2015/2016 Direct Entry Admission Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-ife by Nobody: 5:19pm On Sep 06, 2015
mizzhoneey:
I was reading few sensible posts here until he posted and you guys gave him the attention he wanted.

No mention,no reply, no quote.just ignore... after sometime he will get the message and quit madness... Just one post and about 5 replies...

1 Like

Re: 2015/2016 Direct Entry Admission Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-ife by angiography(m): 5:24pm On Sep 06, 2015
HaneefahRN:

I graduated from SONO and had 2 credits and a pass in nursing council, I hope this is gud enough?
whao!...you are dann brilliant. It's not easy getting credits in nursing council...seriously you're in the front line. I know a girl Ayedun Deborah...she finished from ur school (ogbomosho right??) in 2011. I think they're up to three from your schl

i myself had pass, pass, pass...lol but i was still admitted. I had a good academic transcript though...
So u having two credits and a pass is verie good to go. I presume

1 Like

Re: 2015/2016 Direct Entry Admission Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-ife by HaneefahRN(f): 5:48pm On Sep 06, 2015
mizzhoneey:

U are right, I was about telling Busayo to ignore him. It seems the guy craves attention, and is enjoying all this drama and by answering his childish posts people are fuelling him.
To everyone pls ignore the wierdo, no matter what he says unless it's sensible enough and with useful info for us.

1 Like

Re: 2015/2016 Direct Entry Admission Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-ife by HaneefahRN(f): 5:56pm On Sep 06, 2015
angiography:

whao!...you are dann brilliant. It's not easy getting credits in nursing council...seriously you're in the front line. I know a girl Ayedun Deborah...she finished from ur school (ogbomosho right??) in 2011. I think they're up to three from your schl

i myself had pass, pass, pass...lol but i was still admitted. I had a good academic transcript though...
So u having two credits and a pass is verie good to go. I presume
I guess so, I av a gud transcipt too. I pray it's gud enough o. It seems our DE exam doesn't really matter anyway and they had used it to gain money. I hope things work out well. I heard from some of my senior colleagues that were admitted that the notification is very important for admission, but nursing council hasn't released our notification yet, what can u say about their claim?
NB: Nope, SONO is School of nursing, Osogbo.
Re: 2015/2016 Direct Entry Admission Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-ife by temmyblaze001: 6:04pm On Sep 06, 2015
aleem50:
follow up as in?Did they allow you to check the documents u submitted @ admission office? Kindly explain this follow up of a thing bro.

Pls som1 shld see to dis question.....plsssss
Re: 2015/2016 Direct Entry Admission Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-ife by angiography(m): 6:16pm On Sep 06, 2015
HaneefahRN:

I guess so, I av a gud transcipt too. I pray it's gud enough o. It seems our DE exam doesn't really matter anyway and they had used it to gain money. I hope things work out well. I heard from some of my senior colleagues that were admitted that the notification is very important for admission, but nursing council hasn't released our notification yet, what can u say about their claim?
NB: Nope, SONO is School of nursing, Osogbo.
if you finished last year, your notification should be out by now naa...(i didn't submit it nd likewise my colleagues). The major document i submitted were:
1. Transcript
2. School certificate
3. Notification of result bearing the title 'To whom it may concern'... The school gave me that. (are you saying ur result isn't out yet??)
4. High school certificate and notification of result
5. Jamb D.E. form.

Have you gone to department of nursing for familiarization??...it will interest you how much some of them wld love to assist you

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (95) (Reply)

National Common Entrance Examination Result 2021/2022 Is Out | See How To Check / A.B.U Zaria 2014/2015 Admission Thread / The Difference Between " I'm And Am" And How To Use Them

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.