Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,744 members, 7,827,749 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:15 PM

Boko Haram: Army Explains Delay In Recapturing Seized Towns - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram: Army Explains Delay In Recapturing Seized Towns (14875 Views)

Only 38 Senior Officers Were Retired - Nigerian Army Explains / Military Releases Pics Of Weapons Seized From BH After Recapturing territories / Chadian Soldiers Patrol Gambaru After Recapturing It From Boko Haram (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko Haram: Army Explains Delay In Recapturing Seized Towns by argon500: 6:26pm On Dec 31, 2014
The Nigerian Army said on Wednesday that the need to reduce collateral damage had delayed the recapture of some towns and villages seized by insurgents in Borno.

Brig.-Gen. Olajide Laleye, the Director, Army Public Relations, gave the explanation while fielding questions at news conference in Abuja.

“We are not interested in collateral damage. The Nigeria Army is very careful about collateral damage, to that extent our operations are carefully planned to make sure that collateral damage is reduced to the barest minimum.

“If certain areas have not been recaptured it is because the Nigerian army is giving such areas very careful plans, the plans are ongoing. At the right time you will see the outcome; we will not tell you, of course, before hand, of what we intend to do; but you will see the outcome,” Laleye said.

According to him, Nigerians will be pleased at the end of such operations that collateral damage is reduced to the barest minimum.

He assured that law abiding Nigerians in those areas would be rescued from the insurgents, while those towns and villages completely freed from terrorism and insurgency.

Earlier, he said Gombi, Hong, Uba, Makera, Holma and Vimtim, all in Adamawa, had been recaptured, adding that the current military offensive would be sustained until the enemy was “completely defeated”.

Laleye said new strategies had been introduced in the ongoing war after formations and units involved were evaluated, adding that this had impacted positively on the counter-insurgency operations in the North East.

He said that all officers and men involved in the operations in the region would undergo counter-terrorism and counter-insurgency training before being deployed in theatre of operation.

The army spokesman explained that this followed the directive of the Chief of Army Staff that all Divisional Headquarters should set up schools to step up counter-terrorism, counter-insurgency and Special Operations training.

“The Nigerian Army wishes to restate its determination to bring this counter insurgency and counter terrorism operations to a speedy and decisive end.

“Equally, the Nigerian Army seizes this opportunity to reassure Nigerians of its preparedness to support relevant agencies in the successful conduct of the 2015 general elections,” he said.

On the ongoing Court Martial of some officers, Laleye explained that it was necessary to enforce discipline in the armed forces and achieve success in the war against insurgency.

He said success achieved so far would not have been possible if the army do not undertake steps to remain a formidable fighting force through time tested procedures and enforcement of regulations.

“The judicial process that led to the convictions and acquittals (of some officers) followed international best practices in the military law and also conforms to relevant Nigerian laws.

“Let me state categorically that a General Court Martial has the status of the High Court and is back by extant laws of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

“The General Court Martial is not a final authority. Its processes are not only subject to confirmation by the appropriate superior authority but also subject to appeal,” he said.
Source: http://leadership.ng/news/metro/398860/army-explains-delay-recapturing-towns-seized-boko-haram

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Boko Haram: Army Explains Delay In Recapturing Seized Towns by Theolar247(m): 6:30pm On Dec 31, 2014
Well sha..... it's always easier to attack than to defend.

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Army Explains Delay In Recapturing Seized Towns by simplemach(m): 6:34pm On Dec 31, 2014
The Lord is their strength

6 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Army Explains Delay In Recapturing Seized Towns by Nmeri17: 6:36pm On Dec 31, 2014
Re: Boko Haram: Army Explains Delay In Recapturing Seized Towns by jingh(f): 6:36pm On Dec 31, 2014
But the biggest risk in life is never take a risk.
To defect d devil, you have to act like d devil

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Army Explains Delay In Recapturing Seized Towns by Nobody: 6:36pm On Dec 31, 2014
After this war, the military should be thoroughly scrutinized for corruption.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram: Army Explains Delay In Recapturing Seized Towns by Ahmed4002(m): 6:38pm On Dec 31, 2014
Allow the hunters to recapture the seize towns, am sure they can handle the task beyond expectations
Re: Boko Haram: Army Explains Delay In Recapturing Seized Towns by donmalcolm21(m): 6:38pm On Dec 31, 2014
The reason why the milatary is successful is beacause there was a major overhauling of personnel with Brigade formations in the south being transferred to the North East where there ll be sympathy towards defeating BH because of sentimental attachments. #BuhariShowUsYourCertificate

16 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Army Explains Delay In Recapturing Seized Towns by Donkaz(m): 6:38pm On Dec 31, 2014
K

Modified; I don't even know why I booked this space.

One of my new year resolutions is to stop booking space. But in the mean time...happy new year in advance!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram: Army Explains Delay In Recapturing Seized Towns by donmalcolm21(m): 6:39pm On Dec 31, 2014
Ride on gallant soilders. *victory only comes from God* #BuhariShowUsYourCertificate.

5 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Army Explains Delay In Recapturing Seized Towns by kenp20(m): 6:39pm On Dec 31, 2014
Re: Boko Haram: Army Explains Delay In Recapturing Seized Towns by Nobody: 6:39pm On Dec 31, 2014
GOD BLESS NIGERIA
Re: Boko Haram: Army Explains Delay In Recapturing Seized Towns by gurunlocker: 6:39pm On Dec 31, 2014
I really love the town name in this state.... peace will reign once more God grace
Re: Boko Haram: Army Explains Delay In Recapturing Seized Towns by leokinguch(m): 6:39pm On Dec 31, 2014
More grass to your elbow...... Fight on NA and better luck from next year.....
Re: Boko Haram: Army Explains Delay In Recapturing Seized Towns by JigsawKillah(m): 6:39pm On Dec 31, 2014
Lame àss excuse!
Re: Boko Haram: Army Explains Delay In Recapturing Seized Towns by Engrpj(m): 6:40pm On Dec 31, 2014
am coming.....!
Re: Boko Haram: Army Explains Delay In Recapturing Seized Towns by xpac01(m): 6:40pm On Dec 31, 2014
More grease to their triggers. But I think there can never be any more collateral than the 54 innocent soldiers sentenced to death by the court marshal. I pray justice be tempered.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram: Army Explains Delay In Recapturing Seized Towns by Nobody: 6:40pm On Dec 31, 2014
Tory! Tory!!..Shidren,what did u learn??But Uncle,u can lie oh!!

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Army Explains Delay In Recapturing Seized Towns by Nobody: 6:40pm On Dec 31, 2014
Noted
Re: Boko Haram: Army Explains Delay In Recapturing Seized Towns by tundeayo2020: 6:40pm On Dec 31, 2014
keep the flag flying
Re: Boko Haram: Army Explains Delay In Recapturing Seized Towns by donmalcolm21(m): 6:41pm On Dec 31, 2014
Ahmed4002:
Allow the hunters to recapture the seize towns, am sure they can handle the task beyond expectations
have you treated your catarrh?

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Army Explains Delay In Recapturing Seized Towns by Nobody: 6:41pm On Dec 31, 2014
Nigerian army always ranting
#teamGMB

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Army Explains Delay In Recapturing Seized Towns by kennyeast(m): 6:42pm On Dec 31, 2014
Sounds so much like a politician to me.
Re: Boko Haram: Army Explains Delay In Recapturing Seized Towns by Pillars1(m): 6:42pm On Dec 31, 2014
If the Nigeria Army don't want Collateral Damage they (BOKO HARAM) still killing and destroying Properties each and every day,so before any action by you (Army) they (Boko Haram) will finish them all.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Army Explains Delay In Recapturing Seized Towns by Fairgodwin(m): 6:42pm On Dec 31, 2014
I dey admire the Army so much. If to sey I get liver ehn, I swear I for join the Army.

But I be biro and paper kind of guy..,, oh how I wish!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram: Army Explains Delay In Recapturing Seized Towns by Nobody: 6:43pm On Dec 31, 2014
Military inaction sef embarassed

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Army Explains Delay In Recapturing Seized Towns by concacid: 6:43pm On Dec 31, 2014
OrangeDream:
Tory! Tory!!..Shidren,what did u learn??But Uncle,u can lie oh!!
For the gods.
Re: Boko Haram: Army Explains Delay In Recapturing Seized Towns by dre11(m): 6:43pm On Dec 31, 2014
“We are not interested in collateral damage. The Nigeria Army is very careful about collateral damage, to that extent our operations are carefully planned to make sure that collateral damage is reduced to the barest minimum.

I pray they limit it to its minimum
Because that the reasons why it's a professional institutions

Laleye said new strategies had been introduced in the ongoing war after formations and units involved were evaluated, adding that this had impacted positively on the counter-insurgency operations in the North East.

He said that all officers and men involved in the operations in the region would undergo counter-terrorism and counter-insurgency training before being deployed in theatre of operation.

So, the officers haven't undergone this kind of training
Maybe that's why we are having those casualties of officers in the war front.

That's what they should have being trained for even before deployment to this regions.. ..
This one of the baine of our society FIRE BRIGADE APPROACH

Not ready to loose any military man again

3 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Army Explains Delay In Recapturing Seized Towns by Pygru: 6:43pm On Dec 31, 2014
Re: Boko Haram: Army Explains Delay In Recapturing Seized Towns by nami117(m): 6:44pm On Dec 31, 2014
good for them they shud tink abt savin civilians first

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Army Explains Delay In Recapturing Seized Towns by kennyeast(m): 6:44pm On Dec 31, 2014
Wait o, so they are not waiting for Blackhawk helicopter from United States again? Lol

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Army Explains Delay In Recapturing Seized Towns by tbaby534(f): 6:45pm On Dec 31, 2014
The plan better work wella

(1) (2) (Reply)

President Buhari Signs Paris Agreement On Climate Change (Photos) / Katsina: Tribunal Sacks 2 PDP Reps Over Forgery Of Primary School Certificates / I Remain The Authentic Edo PDP Guber Candidate- Shaibu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.