Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,527 members, 7,816,289 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:54 AM

Naira To Fall To N263 Per Dollar Over The Next 12 Months - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Naira To Fall To N263 Per Dollar Over The Next 12 Months (14780 Views)

Naira May Fall To N1000 Per Dollar - Federal Government / PDP Extends Makarfi Led Caretaker Committee By 12 Months. PICTURES. / PHOTO:That Moment When A Goat Decided To Fall NEPA Hand By Caling Spade A Spade. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Naira To Fall To N263 Per Dollar Over The Next 12 Months by chemali: 10:48am On Mar 20, 2015
The superficial impression is one of a central bank lacking a clear strategy. Yet for all the confusion of the last few months, the reality is that the CBN is being asked to carry the burden of a very difficult adjustment on its own.

The government did little to help during the good times, in our view, running down savings when oil prices were high, and is now at a political impasse over the 2015 budget. With parliament on recess until after the poll, it could be July before the eventual 2015 budget is implemented. Until then, any talk of "austerity" should be taken with a pinch of salt.

http://www.ft.com/intl/fastft/296093

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira To Fall To N263 Per Dollar Over The Next 12 Months by ramdris(m): 10:53am On Mar 20, 2015
GEJ still transforming the naira long after he leaves office ni? shocked shocked.
#babawhenyougetThere please save our dear "Naira'.

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira To Fall To N263 Per Dollar Over The Next 12 Months by AbuMaryam1(m): 10:55am On Mar 20, 2015
May God bless Sunusi's days as CBN governor.

88 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Naira To Fall To N263 Per Dollar Over The Next 12 Months by Nobody: 11:08am On Mar 20, 2015
.y'all should chill!! buhari is coming. he will make it N30 to $1

36 Likes

Re: Naira To Fall To N263 Per Dollar Over The Next 12 Months by januzaj(m): 11:09am On Mar 20, 2015
fresh air till 2015
#Babawhenyougetthere send shoes to Jonathan in
prison.... replace okupe's indomie brain with
normal brain(e fit b goat own) . in prison...find
English tutors for PEJ.....send Bianca to
FFK.....employ Fayose as Jonathan's bodyguard in
prison.....

51 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira To Fall To N263 Per Dollar Over The Next 12 Months by Burger01(m): 11:09am On Mar 20, 2015
Na to relocate be that. Ishilove, hope say you dey prepare cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Naira To Fall To N263 Per Dollar Over The Next 12 Months by korel9: 11:09am On Mar 20, 2015
Ddd
Re: Naira To Fall To N263 Per Dollar Over The Next 12 Months by okon11: 11:09am On Mar 20, 2015
God forbid, I pray that in the next 12 months there will be a counter analysis of why Naira didn't fall but rose against dollar

Boko Haram ‘driven out’ of northeastern Nigerian town
SOURCE: [url=/r0D]http://www.e reporter.com.ng/index.php/national-news/item/4078-boko-haram-driven-out-of-northeastern-nigerian-town[/url]

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira To Fall To N263 Per Dollar Over The Next 12 Months by Nobody: 11:09am On Mar 20, 2015
Another APC analyst. Ndi ogwu ego.

4 Likes

Re: Naira To Fall To N263 Per Dollar Over The Next 12 Months by levischat: 11:09am On Mar 20, 2015
Do you want to become a professional web developer and make social websites like
Facebook Learn it now in just 2 months!
Visit this link and start learning for FREE! >>
http://facebookeasylearn..com Hurry Now!
Offer Closes Soon!
Re: Naira To Fall To N263 Per Dollar Over The Next 12 Months by jaybee3(m): 11:09am On Mar 20, 2015
This will cause more panic for the ever shrinking undecided investors

Investor confidence is in the negative integers

Geez

Short term impact => Tightness of liquidity => More job losses!

4 Likes

Re: Naira To Fall To N263 Per Dollar Over The Next 12 Months by remsonik(f): 11:09am On Mar 20, 2015
Dollar will enter 300 naira before the end of this year if care is not taken

7 Likes

Re: Naira To Fall To N263 Per Dollar Over The Next 12 Months by joystickextendr: 11:09am On Mar 20, 2015
God forbid i was thinking the cbn reassured us yesterday that it will fall more in the coming weeks

Meanwhile are u having problems with your joystick size or having premature ejac?? Check my profile/signature
Re: Naira To Fall To N263 Per Dollar Over The Next 12 Months by IamDanto7(m): 11:09am On Mar 20, 2015
K
Re: Naira To Fall To N263 Per Dollar Over The Next 12 Months by jaybee104(m): 11:09am On Mar 20, 2015
chai! naira naso u take go?? *crying*
Re: Naira To Fall To N263 Per Dollar Over The Next 12 Months by condralbede(m): 11:09am On Mar 20, 2015
Ashiga nku
Re: Naira To Fall To N263 Per Dollar Over The Next 12 Months by Cymbal: 11:10am On Mar 20, 2015
It's highly SADONIC.

1 Like

Re: Naira To Fall To N263 Per Dollar Over The Next 12 Months by Burger01(m): 11:10am On Mar 20, 2015
januzaj:
fresh air
What's fresh about this fouled air? angry

2 Likes

Re: Naira To Fall To N263 Per Dollar Over The Next 12 Months by Nobody: 11:10am On Mar 20, 2015
GOD, pls let BUHARI be our nxt president
Lyk seriously W̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥'re tired of this ibo biz man

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Naira To Fall To N263 Per Dollar Over The Next 12 Months by Maczeelly(m): 11:10am On Mar 20, 2015
Haaaaaa

CHANGE is the. ANSWER

3 Likes

Re: Naira To Fall To N263 Per Dollar Over The Next 12 Months by Nobody: 11:10am On Mar 20, 2015
hmmmmmm......let's watch and see it. God bless Nigeria.
CHANGE EVERYWHERE

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira To Fall To N263 Per Dollar Over The Next 12 Months by TEMABOYgh: 11:10am On Mar 20, 2015
Re: Naira To Fall To N263 Per Dollar Over The Next 12 Months by lovat(m): 11:11am On Mar 20, 2015
During election periods in Nigeria there ia always a rise in dollar because of politicians and their sharing things and also a lot of people are travelling out. This election is not diffrent from others but this one happened when there is a fall in crude prices and the polity being heated by thhe opposition with their lies and propaganDa which scares investors and potray Nigeria in a bad light.

3 Likes

Re: Naira To Fall To N263 Per Dollar Over The Next 12 Months by Nobody: 11:11am On Mar 20, 2015
Buhari will not allow for that, it won't get yo that extent under him

2 Likes

Re: Naira To Fall To N263 Per Dollar Over The Next 12 Months by Ymodulus: 11:11am On Mar 20, 2015
My prediction on this thread two weeks ago coming to pass...

https://www.nairaland.com/2171815/danger-come-naira-devaluation#31171994

Ymodulus:
I believe the devaluation of the naira will lead to a chain of reactions, many of which may not have the intended results. For a largely monolithic-economy, like ours (Nigeria), the expectation that a devalued naira will drive export of local products, which do not exist in the required volume for now, will create additional burden on the populace. When you juxtapose the consequence of an inflation induced policy on an economy, nay the people who do not possess a corresponding purchasing power, by reason of unemployment, the consequences are better imagined than experienced.

No doubt there is the expectation that the government’s revenue, in terms of naira will move up, because of the wide exchange rate disparity between the dollar and the local currency. However, the point must be made that this expectation may be unrealisable of two variables- the falling oil prices and lower crude production aggregate.

You might say Ymodulus Is there any escape-route?

Certainly, but the question remains if Nigerians have been sufficiently sensitized to brace for this situation. In the developed nation’s when currencies are devalued, it is to encourage exports, because the prices of local products serve as an incentive and a toast for foreign buyers. In the process, they earn foreign exchange, increase production and create additional jobs. Unfortunately, that is not the position with Nigeria. Another issue would be that Nigeria will have greater difficulty in paying its external debts, which are on a growing trajectory. Earning less foreign exchange in the face of growing external debts, is an ill-wind that blows no one good.

I had said earlier on, once on this forum where i cant recall that the sack of Sanusi a Veteran Banker and the Imposition of Zenith Bank Ex MD. Emiefele Godwin is a big mistake. I have never liked Zenith bank cause of their wrong banking policy and ideology and i knew that a man such as godwin coming to the apex seat of the banking sector will pose a problem, but some nairalanders here called me an APC fanatic, i hope they can now learn as its happening. Lastly I see the naira being devalued to official rate of N220 by May 1st, as long as the CBN substitution of the naira allocations for dollar is not STOPED.

Mark my words the naira would be at a rate of N220 officially by May 1st.

I am Ymodulus

We need a Change
#SaiApc
#SaiBuhari/Osibanjo.

20 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Naira To Fall To N263 Per Dollar Over The Next 12 Months by Raymondfayowole(m): 11:11am On Mar 20, 2015
Change is wat we need

Sai BABA

Sai Buhari

8 Likes

Re: Naira To Fall To N263 Per Dollar Over The Next 12 Months by Ovialekhe(f): 11:11am On Mar 20, 2015
What is the government doing about this dollar issue.They have neglected the economy for their political campaign, and every thing is falling apart.I just hope when the election is over, we would still have a country called NIGERIA

4 Likes

Re: Naira To Fall To N263 Per Dollar Over The Next 12 Months by Nobody: 11:11am On Mar 20, 2015
Naira falling to 263 to a dollar isn't actually as bad as we all make it seem. It could serve as a major catalyst in driving morr foreign direct investment into the country as well as also increasing the country's revenue since we are gonna be paid in dollars for exporting oil.

FriedPlantain
Re: Naira To Fall To N263 Per Dollar Over The Next 12 Months by sluvy4tune(m): 11:12am On Mar 20, 2015
This is very true

The worst the govt is doing is by lying to all Nigerians

While they advertise dollar at about 199

They sell to banks / BDC at 210 plus

1 Like

Re: Naira To Fall To N263 Per Dollar Over The Next 12 Months by Owliver(m): 11:12am On Mar 20, 2015
ramdris:
GEJ still transforming the naira long after he leaves office shocked shocked.
#babawhenyou getThere please save our dear "Naira'.
Aside from oil price which cannot be totally influence by OPEC because there are equally greater forces(supply and demand), the strength of the USD is beating not only naira but other currencies. These are world economic reasons for this effect don't bring politics into everything. Be wise

1 Like

Re: Naira To Fall To N263 Per Dollar Over The Next 12 Months by kehindetayo(m): 11:12am On Mar 20, 2015
too bad for d economy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Photo Of Tanko Al-Makura Playing Football / Ezekwesili Reacts To NBS’ Confirmation That 21 Million Nigerians Unemployed / Gombe State Honours Okezie Ikpeazu, Names Road After Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.