Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,114 members, 7,818,320 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:36 PM

Buhari 2015: What Is The Change? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari 2015: What Is The Change? (1558 Views)

Members of The Cabal Are In Firm Grip Of Project Muhammadu Buhari (2015) / Buhari 2015 : The Promises That Never Were / Sagamite Officially Declares Buhari 2015 Presidential Elections Winner! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari 2015: What Is The Change? by egift(m): 6:02am On Jan 01, 2015
In Buhari's New Year message, he outlined some of the hightlights of what #Change means in this 2015 election.

Change means:

1. A country that you can be proud of at anytime and anywhere: where corruption is punished, where your leaders are disciplined and lead with vision and clarity; where the stories that emerge to the world from us are full of hope and progress.

2. A Nigeria in which neither yourselves, nor your parents, families or friends will have to fear for your safety, or for theirs.

3. A Nigeria where citizens get the basics that any country should provide: infrastructure that works, healthcare that is affordable, even free; respect for the environment and sustainable development, education that is competitive and outcome-oriented in a knowledge-economy.

4. A country that provides jobs for its young people, reducing unemployment to the lowest of single digits and providing safety nets so that no one is left behind.

5. A Nigeria where entrepreneurship thrives, enterprise flourishes and the government gets out of your way so that you can create value, build the economy and aggressively expand wealth.

Are these things truly possible? Of course. That is the essence and outcome of leadership, and that is what my party and I promise you as we get into 2015.

I see a New Nigeria under a Great Leadership.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari 2015: What Is The Change? by PassingShot(m): 6:08am On Jan 01, 2015
Change is the only constant thing in life. We Nigerians have endured more than enough with PDP and their lootocracy and visionless administration.

GMB 2015!

4 Likes

Re: Buhari 2015: What Is The Change? by smohammed1(m): 6:10am On Jan 01, 2015
GMB. 2015

2 Likes

Re: Buhari 2015: What Is The Change? by FastShipping: 6:15am On Jan 01, 2015
GMB/Osinbajo.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari 2015: What Is The Change? by jamace(m): 9:03am On Jan 01, 2015
egift:
In Buhari's New Year message, he outlined some of the hightlights of what #Change means in this 2015 election.

Change means:

1. A country that you can be proud of at anytime and anywhere: where corruption is punished, where your leaders are disciplined and lead with vision and clarity; where the stories that emerge to the world from us are full of hope and progress.

2. A Nigeria in which neither yourselves, nor your parents, families or friends will have to fear for your safety, or for theirs.

3. A Nigeria where citizens get the basics that any country should provide: infrastructure that works, healthcare that is affordable, even free; respect for the environment and sustainable development, education that is competitive and outcome-oriented in a knowledge-economy.

4. A country that provides jobs for its young people, reducing unemployment to the lowest of single digits and providing safety nets so that no one is left behind.

5. A Nigeria where entrepreneurship thrives, enterprise flourishes and the government gets out of your way so that you can create value, build the economy and aggressively expand wealth.

Are these things truly possible? Of course. That is the essence and outcome of leadership, and that is what my party and I promise you as we get into 2015.

The Military board is located in Abuja yet Buhari prefers to go to Abuja high court to swear to an affidavit instead of going to the board to collect his credentials. Does Buhari thinks Nigerians are dunce like him?
Re: Buhari 2015: What Is The Change? by egift(m): 9:16am On Jan 01, 2015
jamace:
The Military board is located in Abuja yet Buhari prefers to go to Abuja high court to swear to an affidavit instead of going to the board to collect his credentials. Does Buhari thinks Nigerians are dunce like him?

Chasing shadows is the only way PDP is keeping their camp hibernated and hypnotized. The trick is taking a toll on you.

Unless you have issue based policies to discussed, please don't mention me again, this is 2015. As Nigerians the Change we seek has no room for frivolities and insults.

Happy new year.

1 Like

Re: Buhari 2015: What Is The Change? by jamace(m): 9:20am On Jan 01, 2015
egift:

Chasing shadow is the only way PDP is keeping his camp hibernated and hypnotized. The trick is taking a toll on you.

Unless you have issue based policies to discussed, please don't mention me again, this is 2016. As Nigerians the Change we seek has no room for frivolities and insults.

Happy new year.

Because a woman needs a child does not mean she will accept a cripple for a child.

So, do you want a change based on FALSEHOOD?

Let us be true to ourselves in this 2015.

Happy New Year.

1 Like

Re: Buhari 2015: What Is The Change? by SweetJoystick(m): 9:26am On Jan 01, 2015
CHANGE!!! Sai Buhari/Osinbajo

1 Like

Re: Buhari 2015: What Is The Change? by egift(m): 9:27am On Jan 01, 2015
jamace:
Because a woman needs a child does not mean she will accept a cripple for a child.

Have you seen the heartlessness and wickedness you possess? So if your wife give birth to a child that is physically challenged, you will kill the child? shocked

No wonder you adapt very well in defending atrocities. May God deliver you this year.

#Change.
Re: Buhari 2015: What Is The Change? by Nobody: 9:32am On Jan 01, 2015
egift:

Have you seen heartless and wickedness you posses? So if your wife give birth to a child that is physically challenged, you will kill the child? shocked

No wonder you adapt very well in defending atrocities. May God deliver you this year.

#Change.
Let me ask you, op. Is change inherently a good thing because it is change?

1 Like

Re: Buhari 2015: What Is The Change? by jamace(m): 9:41am On Jan 01, 2015
egift:

Have you seen heartless and wickedness you posses? So if your wife give birth to a child that is physically challenged, you will kill the child? shocked

#Change.
Because you want change, you accept falsehood? May God show you the way this 2015.
Re: Buhari 2015: What Is The Change? by Nobody: 10:09am On Jan 01, 2015
I will comment after he has shown us his certificates... I still insist that Pa Buhari is not the change we clamour for
Re: Buhari 2015: What Is The Change? by Nobody: 10:13am On Jan 01, 2015
MusaIbrahim1:
I will comment after he has shown us his certificates... I still insist that Pa Buhari is not the change we clamour for
Certificates? I don't agree that that is even a criteria for good governance though I expect him to submit it.

1 Like

Re: Buhari 2015: What Is The Change? by Nobody: 10:15am On Jan 01, 2015
Reyginus:
Certificates? I don't agree that that is even a criteria for good governance though I expect him to submit it.

My point is why will he find it hard to submit if he actually have it? There was lots of corruption in the army then and a lot of people were promoted without the necessary documentation... I believe now that he is a product of corruption
Re: Buhari 2015: What Is The Change? by AbuMikey(m): 10:19am On Jan 01, 2015
Gift, no much talk, Change is GMB and PYO! cool

1 Like

Re: Buhari 2015: What Is The Change? by Nobody: 10:30am On Jan 01, 2015
MusaIbrahim1:

My point is why will he find it hard to submit if he actually have it? There was lots of corruption in the army then and a lot of people were promoted without the necessary documentation... I believe now that he is a product of corruption
It will do well if you take into cognizance he has participated in the election three times. With this knowledge, the question of the exestence of certificates becomes less rational.

The rational question now should be, if he has participated three times and these requirements were indeed submitted, what then is his reason for playing a game now?

1 Like

Re: Buhari 2015: What Is The Change? by Nobody: 10:32am On Jan 01, 2015
AbuMikey:

Gift, no much talk, Change is GMB and PYO! cool
If he is change, is change inherently good?
Re: Buhari 2015: What Is The Change? by egift(m): 10:50am On Jan 01, 2015
Reyginus:
Let me ask you, op. Is change inherently a good thing because it is change?

He clearly stated what that "Change" is. What you should be considering is "are the objectives (Change) Buhari is proposing a good thing?".

Please read it again and let us know.
Re: Buhari 2015: What Is The Change? by egift(m): 10:52am On Jan 01, 2015
Reyginus:
If he is change, is change inherently good?

Below are the Change - Is it good?

egift:
Change means:
Re: Buhari 2015: What Is The Change? by Nobody: 11:03am On Jan 01, 2015
egift:

He clearly stated what that "Change" is. What you should be considering is "are the objectives (Change) Buhari is proposing a good thing?".

Please read it again and let us know.
But that is not change, my friend though it is obtainable through change. They are two different things. I was expecting a philosophical exposition on what is change..

The moment you define change as a good thing you fail. It is not. To also define it as a bad thing you fail again because it is not. It is merely a difference in things from a former form.

It is ignorant to assume that change is:

A country that you can be proud of at
anytime and anywhere: where corruption is
punished, where your leaders are disciplined and lead with vision and clarity; where the stories that emerge to the world from us are full of hope and progress.'

You know why already, by now. He should have used the term positive change is.....It is like GEJ's understanding of corruption as stealing in public offices and hence making that irrational statement.

So, I ask you again, is change inherently good or are you going to go with the idea of positive change?

1 Like

Re: Buhari 2015: What Is The Change? by rozayx5(m): 11:06am On Jan 01, 2015
someone who cancelled all developmental projects as head of state is an agent of destruction
Re: Buhari 2015: What Is The Change? by Nobody: 11:08am On Jan 01, 2015
egift:

Below are the Change - Is it good?

You don't seem to understand, egift. Their is a difference between positive and negative change. Change is not a good thing nor a bad thing.

My concern is on the terms used. People who want to rule and lead us should understand every word they employ. That tells a lot about their level of understanding which I am interested in.

1 Like

Re: Buhari 2015: What Is The Change? by egift(m): 11:54am On Jan 01, 2015
[s]
Reyginus:
But that is not change, my friend though it is obtainable through change. They are two different things. I was expecting a philosophical exposition on what is change..

The moment you define change as a good thing you fail. It is not. To also define it as a bad thing you fail again because it is not. It is merely a difference in things from a former form.

It is ignorant to assume that change is:

A country that you can be proud of at
anytime and anywhere: where corruption is
punished, where your leaders are disciplined and lead with vision and clarity; where the stories that emerge to the world from us are full of hope and progress.'

You know why already, by now. He should have used the term positive change is.....It is like GEJ's understanding of corruption as stealing in public offices and hence making that irrational statement.

So, I ask you again, is change inherently good or are you going to go with the idea of positive change?

[/s]

Stop dribbling yourself.

Change here means:
- Different approach to leadership.
- New ways of doing things
- Improved and Good Governance
- Accelerated Development
- People-Oriented Leadership
- Accountability and transparency.
- Uniting Nigerians for National Development.
- etc

You can argue till tomorrow. But it does not take away the fact that Buhari will not repeat the mistakes of Jonathan.
Re: Buhari 2015: What Is The Change? by egift(m): 11:55am On Jan 01, 2015
Reyginus:
You don't seem to understand, egift. Their is a difference between positive and negative change. Change is not a good thing nor a bad thing.

My concern is on the terms used. People who want to rule and lead us should understand every word they employ. That tells a lot about their level of understanding which I am interested in.

Whatever.

GMB all the way! grin grin grin grin
Re: Buhari 2015: What Is The Change? by Nobody: 12:02pm On Jan 01, 2015
egift:
[s][/s]

Stop dribbling yourself.

Change here means:
- Different approach to leadership.
- New ways of doing things
- Improved and Good Governance
- Accelerated Development
- People-Oriented Leadership
- Accountability and transparency.
- Uniting Nigerians for National Development.
- etc

You can argue till tomorrow. But it does not take away the fact that Buhari will not repeat the mistakes of Jonathan.
You can use the last line, my friend. But you cannot define change as a good thing.

One more question before you go. If you really believe that anything is true and you are true to this belief, would you try to show people why it is true, force it down their throats, or take delight in not showing them?
Re: Buhari 2015: What Is The Change? by Nobody: 12:03pm On Jan 01, 2015
egift:

Whatever.

GMB all the way! grin grin grin grin
What do you mean when you say 'whatever' in this case?
Re: Buhari 2015: What Is The Change? by cosmatika(m): 12:56pm On Jan 01, 2015
''QUESTIONS I KEEP ASKING MYSELF ABOUT
BUHARI
Can someone who REFUSED to ATTEND OPUTA
PANEL when invited talk about justice
Can someone whose statements are loaded with
VIOLENCE assure peace
Can someone who promised he would ensure that
SHARIA LAW gets to all part of the country tolerate
people from other religion
Can someone that asked MUSLIMS TO VOTE ONLY
MUSLIM be voted for by other religion?
Can someone that put Shagari in HOUSE ARREST
and DR Alex Ekwueme in PRISON be absolved of
tribal sentiments?
Can someone who used retroactive laws to KILL
PEOPLE be trusted with our lives?
Can someone who says FIGHTING TERRORISM is
against his people be allowed to be in charge of
this country
Can someone who executed 75% of PTF projects in
the NORTH and distributed the remaining 25%
among other regions when he was the PTF
chairman be allowed to take charge of all projects
in the country
Can someone who as a military head of state who
knows he would be overthrown but COULD NOT
DO ANYTHING because his deputy was not around
be classified as courageous?
Can someone who says ACN is corrupt but
because of his presidential ambition now surrounds
himself with ACN thieves be ABLE TO FIGHT
CORRUPTION?
Can someone who as head of PTF DID NOT KNOW
how billions of Naira got missing be trusted with
our entire wealth as president
Can someone who could not allow the economic of
demand, supply and internal production factors to
determine the prices of commodities but used
SOLDIERS TO FORCE price control be able to
handle present economic challenges??
Can someone who did not allow his government be
criticised and UNJUSTLY ARRESTED those who
criticised his government be given that opportunity
to lead again,etc?
Honestly, Buhari is NOT the RIGHT person.''
Re: Buhari 2015: What Is The Change? by egift(m): 3:27pm On Feb 01, 2015
Reyginus:
You can use the last line, my friend. But you cannot define change as a good thing.

One more question before you go. If you really believe that anything is true and you are true to this belief, would you try to show people why it is true, force it down their throats, or take delight in not showing them?

Nigeria has lingered for too long and we all know that things are very bad. The solution is to kick out those currently presiding over this failure and elect a very competent hands to get us back on track. Sai Buhari/Osinbajo.
Re: Buhari 2015: What Is The Change? by Nobody: 7:03pm On Feb 01, 2015
egift:

Nigeria has lingered for too long and we all know that things are very bad. The solution is to kick out those currently presiding over this failure and elect a very competent hands to get us back on track. Sai Buhari/Osinbajo.
Do you get positive change by merely kicking out the people handling the system?
Re: Buhari 2015: What Is The Change? by SleekMallam: 7:17am On Mar 24, 2016
egift:

Change means:

Gullible fellowship seems to be our undoing.

(1) (Reply)

Thoughts For Diehard Jonathan And Buhari Fans On NL / Atiku Set To Return To Pdp …accuses Apc Of Ingratitude / Buhari Will Attend Debates------APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.