Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,152 members, 7,818,480 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:58 PM

"Last Night" - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / "Last Night" (10536 Views)

About Last Night / I Died Last Night / The Last Night Of The Creaking Bed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Last Night" by kingstylo01(m): 8:37am On Jan 18, 2015
chachanga:
gud job, like the way you colorfully bringing out side details on your characters, scenes etc...keep it up!

thanks bro! I must admit that your encouragements have kept me going...
I promise to make it worth reading!
Re: "Last Night" by kingstylo01(m): 8:40am On Jan 18, 2015
toykathy:
nyc story u gat here. Keep d good work. Obinna is unsatiable, men sha!
thanks dear..

Btw, are you m or f?
Re: "Last Night" by Cryxtal(f): 12:49pm On Jan 18, 2015
kingstylo01:
thanks dearie. I'll try and update today..
wow. M expectant. Pls holla at me when u do
Re: "Last Night" by toykathy(f): 12:53pm On Jan 18, 2015
Which one do u want me to be? M or F? happy sunday.
kingstylo01:
thanks dear..

Btw, are you m or f?
Re: "Last Night" by kingstylo01(m): 1:19pm On Jan 18, 2015
toykathy:
Which one do u want me to be? M or F? happy sunday.
hmmm... This one is strong!

Anyway, you already know whats on ma mind. As M, i am attracted to F. From your moniker i can tell you are F, aren't you?

how's service today
Re: "Last Night" by kingstylo01(m): 1:20pm On Jan 18, 2015
Cryxtal:
alright dear.. I'll upload in the evening
Re: "Last Night" by princesssusan(f): 4:57pm On Jan 18, 2015
i'll try and update today. [/quote]
We are waitn

1 Like

Re: "Last Night" by toykathy(f): 5:40pm On Jan 18, 2015
Yea u re right. Female ni. So whatzup wit ur story, wen re u updatn?

kingstylo01:
hmmm... This one is strong!

Anyway, you already know whats on ma mind. As M, i am attracted to F. From your moniker i can tell you are F, aren't you?

how's service today

1 Like

Re: "Last Night" by Nobody: 10:46pm On Jan 18, 2015
kingstylo01:
wow! I really appreciate not just your time in reading, but also in pointing out my mistakes, i'll do my best to improve..

Thanks for following, i'll try and update today.

u r welcome

more ink to your pen

1 Like

Re: "Last Night" by kingstylo01(m): 11:41pm On Jan 18, 2015
[b]"take a seat pal" said Obinna as he ushered Harry to his seat with his left hand.
"thanks man. Sorry for coming late, my car had some issues, so i waited to fix it." said Harry, as he sat down.
They continued enjoying the ceremony and watched as performers entertained them on stage. Harry occasionally looked at Jumai, who wore a smile on her face.
"You are one beautiful lady, Jumai. I must confess that am privileged to speak to you. I'll like us to be friends"

"Stop flattering me Harry. We are friends already" Jumai blushed as she answered.

As they were interacting, Nelly approached their table and interrupted them saying in a soft lovely voice "sorry for interupting, Mr. Obinna, the couple wants to see you and your wife, it's urgent".

As Nelly was delivering the message, something unusual happened: Harry's attention was divided as he stared at Nelly, admiring her beauty; Obinna too was not left out. He had always wanted to set his eyes on the beautiful lady and this is another chance, but unfortunately for him, his wife Julie noticed him this time around. She became jealous instantly. Jumai too noticed the two men starring at Nelly. She became uneasy but tried not to show it out. Julie quickly touched her husband who was shocked as he looked at her.

Obinna cleared his throat and said "alright pretty Nelly, we are right on our way. Before i forget, meet our friends, Harry and Jumai".

"hi" Nelly said as she waved her right hand in the air slightly towards them "welcome to the wedding of my sister, Sandy".

"thank you" said Harry, as he let out a gentle smile.

"thanks" Jumai replied, but not with a smile.
Obinna and his wife left the table with Nelly, leaving Harry and Jumai behind, giving them enough room for discussion. Harry was still feeding his eyes at the back side of Nelly when Jumai interrupted him saying "so tell me, what do you do for a living?"
"i work in the same company with Obinna" he answered.
They talked and talked for a while. Jumai could see that Harry is no longer interested in their discussion as he was before Nelly arrived. This isn't a good sign for her. Harry din't even ask of her phone number. Jumai became desperate and asked Harry of his number which he gave her. He's now beginning to see the desperation in her.
Few munites later, Julie and her husband came back to join them. As they took their seat Obinna said "sorry for keeping both of you here, we attended to some pressing issues".

"No problem" Harry replied him "we had a good time together, so we didn't really feel your abscence".

They all bursted out into laughter as they heard this.
Julie looked at Jumai's face and from what she read, all din't go well.

The wedding reception is now almost over and some of the guest have left already. Harry stood up and left to ease himself. When he was done, and was heading back to the hall, he mistakenly hit Nelly and her purse fell on the floor. She reached out for it but Harry was faster than she was and his hand reached it before her. Both of them still bending down, Harry's eyes came into contact with that of Nelly and he stared into her eyes at a close range. He was completely lost in admiration. Starring deep into her eyes for some seconds, Harry finally took her purse and handed it to her.
"thank you" she said, looking puzzled

"the pleasure is all mine" he answered.

"am available anyday, anytime to assist you"

"wow, that's kind of you"

"it's a great honour for me to help a beauty queen like you"

"every queen has her king" she smartly replied.

Harry's facial expression changed on hearing this, but he didn't give up because he was more cleaver.

"Really? And the kingdom that will be ruled by me as king and you by my side as queen is indeed a blessed kingdom" he replied

"how sure are you?" asked Nelly, as she blushed

"am pretty sure my queen, just give me a chance".

"this is the first time am seeing you and you want me to give you a chance?"

"great kingdoms started the very first day the king met his queen, why not we?" he answered as he stretched his right hand towards her.

Nelly was speechless and didn't know what to do.
Should she accept his hand? [/b]
Re: "Last Night" by kingstylo01(m): 8:06am On Jan 19, 2015
Cryxtal:
i've updated dear
Re: "Last Night" by Nobody: 8:10am On Jan 19, 2015
accept ke? what happens to Jumai then?
make she pack oneside first, her looks will fetch her another dude #i deduct from ur description of her that she has a sexual appeal #

following you like twitter. more please. take care

1 Like

Re: "Last Night" by Nobody: 8:59am On Jan 19, 2015
Onemansquad:
Walks into d thread
op carry on me dy follow u til d end
btw 9c storyline u gat here

I trust u to be here
shift for me nah!!!!!
Re: "Last Night" by kingstylo01(m): 9:00am On Jan 19, 2015
Queennelly:
accept ke? what happens to Jumai then?
make she pack oneside first, her looks will fetch her another dude #i deduct from ur description of her that she has a sexual appeal #

following you like twitter. more please. take care
you won't blame her na. She never asked for it. I only wonder how Jumai's reaction would be if she gets to know of this.

More coming dear.. Have a nice day.
Re: "Last Night" by Nobody: 9:07am On Jan 19, 2015
please come and join me and enjoy this tori oooo
e dey sweet me so

OMA4U
Repogirl
Esixlove
Chistar01
WhiteMosquito
Therock5555
LarrySun
Dyoungstar
Prettyspycee
TemitopeDaniel
Kayemjay
Divepen
HumbledbyGrace

he really need your critics, I know your good at it

one love

1 Like

Re: "Last Night" by Nobody: 9:09am On Jan 19, 2015
kingstylo01:
you won't blame her na. She never asked for it. I only wonder how Jumai's reaction would be if she gets to know of this.

More coming dear.. Have a nice day.

same to you

1 Like

Re: "Last Night" by Onemansquad(m): 6:56pm On Jan 19, 2015
Queennelly:

I trust u to be here
shift for me nah!!!!!
*removes ma hanky nd cleans d chair 4 her*
wia d barman! Skimpledawg Oya cum serve gv dis ma fine chick a plate of goat meat peppersoup nd 5alive juice grin grin grin
Re: "Last Night" by Fatalveli(m): 9:14pm On Jan 19, 2015
#followin# btw u've got to make the updates longer
Re: "Last Night" by Cryxtal(f): 12:26am On Jan 20, 2015
kingstylo01:
i've updated dear
awesome. More grace to ur elbows. Following
Re: "Last Night" by Cybershow(m): 6:00am On Jan 20, 2015
Wat luvly rite up..hmm.goin up wel..bt if nelly acept harry hand if obinna kw..e wil b jealous eventual e has wife

1 Like

Re: "Last Night" by ESIXLOVE: 9:41am On Jan 20, 2015
Mr Man why did you have to reveal the plot of the story, that on it's own has reduce the suspense in the story by fifty percent and for the gurus of literature by seventy percent since they can see the end from the beginning in literature.

You also have the habit of confusing your readers with misplacement of characters, how can you say that jumai's phone rang and Julie answered the phone. That's the scene in the market.

there're also some cases of misplacement of tense, eg " the sun IS gradually rising from it's sleep warming the earth and moving almost UN-NOTICED to the west. All the beauty of nature HAVE woken up."
Just pay attention to the words in cap.

Your constant use of full stop is breaking the flow of the story, try to use a coma instead.

But I must say that you're doing good and I'm still around to watch things as they unfold themselves.

1 Like

Re: "Last Night" by Skimpledawg(m): 9:43am On Jan 20, 2015
Onemansquad:

wia d barman! Skimpledawg Oya cum serve gv dis ma fine chick a plate of goat meat peppersoup nd 5alive juice grin grin grin
*runs in wid d order nt seeing stuff46 outstretched legs.....falls down yakata wid d meat on my mouth*...... grin

Ai dey com bk wid crocodile peppersoup n alomo!
Re: "Last Night" by Nobody: 1:56pm On Jan 20, 2015
Onemansquad:

thanks dear
Re: "Last Night" by kingstylo01(m): 12:12am On Jan 21, 2015
ESIXLOVE:
Mr Man why did you have to reveal the plot of the story, that on it's own has reduce the suspense in the story by fifty percent and for the gurus of literature by seventy percent since they can see the end from the beginning in literature.

You also have the habit of confusing your readers with misplacement of characters, how can you say that jumai's phone rang and Julie answered the phone. That's the scene in the market.

there're also some cases of misplacement of tense, eg " the sun IS gradually rising from it's sleep warming the earth and moving almost UN-NOTICED to the west. All the beauty of nature HAVE woken up."
Just pay attention to the words in cap.

Your constant use of full stop is breaking the flow of the story, try to use a coma instead.

But I must say that you're doing good and I'm still around to watch things as they unfold themselves.

a very big thank you for your observations and sincere critisms, i truely appreciate.

As for the mistakes, i would say that I only go through my posts once, that is after i finishing typing it on my phone.

Anyway, i'll try and brush things up, maybe by the time i've finished the story.
Thanks a lot!
Re: "Last Night" by kingstylo01(m): 12:24am On Jan 21, 2015
Fatalveli:
#followin# btw u've got to make the updates longer
thanks for following.
I only have space of 5,000 characters to type that's why the updates aren't longerwink
Re: "Last Night" by toykathy(f): 12:58pm On Jan 21, 2015
kingstylo01:
thanks for following.
I only have space of 5,000 characters to type that's why the updates aren't longerwink

is it dat d updates are nt lenghty or they re nt coming in at all? Come n update jhur.
Re: "Last Night" by kingstylo01(m): 10:14pm On Jan 21, 2015
[b]After much thoughts, Nelly stretched her hand to Harry who holding her hand tight, smiled at her. She blushed. He collected her phone number then walked back inside, looking so happy as if he had just won a lottery.

"This one you are smiling like this, what happened?" asked Obinna, as harry took his seat.

"man you won't understand! I've just won a visa to happiness!" replied Harry, still smiling.

The celebration is now over and the remaining guests started leaving. Obinna and his crew left their table and headed for the door. Everywhere was slightly crowded as some of the guests headed for their cars while others stood there discussing in groups, with Obinna's crew joining the discussing train. As they discussed, Harry sighted Nelly a few steps away from them who was standing with one of the aseobi lady. He majestically went to meet them and when Nelly sighted him, she was excited and rushed to welcome him with a hug. Jumai was surprised as Nelly hugged Harry. She was burning inside her with Jelousy and almost bursted into tears but bottled up her emotions. Obinna too was astonished.
"This must be the reason he's so excited" he thought.
His wife Julie just stood there without saying a word. Jumai left them and hurriedly went to a corner of the yard where she was alone and unable to control her emotions anymore, bursted into tears. Still crying, she brought out her henkercheif to wipe out her tears when she heard some footsteps behind her.

"meet my sweetheart Harry" said Nelly, as she introduced him to her friend.
They exchanged pleasantries and after sometime she left them alone.

"You've brought light into my world. In you i see my equal half, my priceless jewel. Heaven bless this day! I've found my missing rib, the mother of my unborn children both male and female" Harry said to Nelly in a soft romantic voice as he held her two hands, looking into her eyes.

"really?" asked Nelly with a sweet voice.

"yes darlin. I love you" Answered Harry, still looking into her eyes.

"love you too. But in as much as we dating each other we shouldn't be talking about marriage now. Let's get to know each other first, let's say for at least six months, then we can start talking about marriage. What do you think?" asked Nelly.

"i can wait for all eternity for you my love. The very first time i set my eyes on you, i knew you are the one" replied Harry.
Nelly blushed and they discussed much about themselves, with Harry throwing in some jokes at intervals making Nelly to laugh. She was happy being with him and felt at home in his prescence. Harry too is so much in love with her and liked her personality. They both were getting along together.

Jumai wiped off her tears and turned around to see who is coming close to her. She saw a tall handsome young man walking towards her.

"excuse me young lady, whats the problem, why are you crying?" asked
the young man, looking concerned, but Jumai did not reply. He came closer and asked her again, and seeing that she is not responding, he left her. After wiping her tears, she brought out a little mirror from her bag and looked at her face. Then she wore a big smile and left there. As she was walking,[/b]
Re: "Last Night" by kingstylo01(m): 10:15pm On Jan 21, 2015
[b]As she was walking, she came accross another young man who is dark skinned, tall and a little bit chubby.
"hello beauty" he said as he tried to stop her.
Jumai however did not stop and continued moving.
The young man followed her saying
"your face looks familiar, i'll like to know your name".
Jumai still didn't answer and continued moving, pretending she didn't hear him. He continued following her and after much persuasion Jumai had to break the silence saying in a rude manner
"what? Why following me up and down?"

"ma'am we are not fighting na. I am Philip, but my friends call me phil. You?" he answered in a matured voice.

"i don't have a name" jumai answered, pourting her lips up and continued moving.

He laughed a little bit and said "you sound funny, so you are telling me that you don't have a name. Hmmm. What do you want me to call you then?" he asked, looking calm.

"stop disturbing me please! As you can see am going somewhere and am late already" Jumai answered sternly.
She increased her steps, wanting to get away from him, but he kept up the pace. The disturbance was getting too much and seeing that he was keen on knowing her, Jumai finally stopped and said
"why all the trouble? Can't you see am not interested? Ok, i can see how desperate you are, so am giving you just a munite, be fast about whatever you want to say, i repeat myself, just a munite!!" Jumai said as she paused, folding her arms and looking up into the sky, still pourting her lips.

"i must admit that the first time i saw you, i was mesmirized by your angelic beauty. You are an angel. I'll like you to be the queen of my life" he said, looking at Jumai's face.

"sorry i can't. I got better things to do" she answered.

"why not give me a chance beauty queen, i promise to love and cherish you always. Please don't say no"

"i can see you are joking. By the way, a munite has passed and i must be on my way" she said, turning to go.

"please don't go, you haven't even told me your name and besides i'll like to meet you again" he pleaded with her.

"is like you din't hear me well, i said i am in a hurry!"

"i know you are in a hurry thats why i want to meet you again. Please give me your number so that we'll meet again"

"there's no need for all that, we wont meet again!".

Phil became angry and said in a rude manner "why are you treating me as if am not a human? I can see the pain hidden within your pride, tell me, he broke your heart, didn't he?"

On hearing this, jumai was deeply touched and sad. How on earth did he know? Her facial expression changed and she stopped walking but didn't face him. Her eyes were heavy with tears that she almost broke into tears. She was confused at the same time and didn't know what to answer.
Phil came to her front and stood closely to her saiying
"am sorry for being that harsh on you, i never knew you would be hurt by what i said. No matter who he is and what he has done to you, i am here to stay. Something tells me we are meant for each other. I love you"

Jumai could no longer hold her emotions again and bursted into tears. Phil opened his arms towards her saying
"stop crying baby, am here to comfort you".
She burried her head into his chest and cried off her sorrows. [/b]
Re: "Last Night" by kingstylo01(m): 10:16pm On Jan 21, 2015
____ `
Re: "Last Night" by Justyce(m): 5:59pm On Jan 23, 2015
[color=#990000][/color][i][/i][b][/b]Great story you have there... I must say you are doing a wonderful Job. Keep it up
Re: "Last Night" by stuff46(m): 1:37pm On Jan 24, 2015
oga kings na update us here.
Buh serious, i abandone the thread due to some issues boyond my control buh am back.

See as i leave skimpledawg don de form good boy (smh). I go surely see to that and for yu sayinq yu pastor said, the last time i checked, yu were a pegan tho.

Onemansquad, i thot yu were the waiter here. (give me 1 bottle of Orijin).
Re: "Last Night" by kingstylo01(m): 9:39pm On Jan 26, 2015
I've just updated oh! More updates tomorrow.. Checkout the spaces i booked earlier on

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tale Of A House Boy / Oriki Orile / John Grisham Or Sydney Sheldon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.