Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,478 members, 7,816,130 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:06 AM

Quest For A Good Leader And A New Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Quest For A Good Leader And A New Nigeria (976 Views)

Militant Leader And His Commanders Killed In Rivers (Graphic Photos) / Army Kills Ameer Abubakar Gana, Boko Haram Leader And 18 Members / Boko Haram Leader And Head Of Recruitment In Chad And Cameroun Arrested (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Quest For A Good Leader And A New Nigeria by karlriz(m): 4:11pm On Jan 01, 2015
The brutality of hypocrasy and treachery of d masses of this country torments the mind than that of the olden day Pharisees. They simultaneously crave for a better Nigeria and at the same time work against it. The current leaders we have today didn't fall from they sky, they stood up from the masses, right?. We speak of a New Nigeria but we practice d opposite. Even the remaining masses not in gov't are only famous for the campaign against corruption in open places but indirectly or secretly answers to the call of the idol(Corruption) they've swore their allegiance to. Early this month, I wanted buying etisalat sim from retailers. Few days before that day, each sim were sold for N50 by etisalat company (and is stil sellin at N50). But to my surprise, the 1st retailer said he's selling each for N200. I moved to the next guy, it was d same story and was even very strict about it. One of them claimed the sim is being sold at that same amount as theirs (of which is a lie). I told the two of them that each sim were sold and is still selling for N50 by etisalat. He still insisted he's not reducing d price even though "he bought them @ N50 each from the etisalat company". Now @ N100 they will make 100% gain, @ N150 they will make 200% and at that N200, he wil be making 300% gain. This is the mentality of the same masses that so much crave for better Nigeria. Now imagine if these guys are fortunate to be in Gov't tomorrow. Each citizen of this suppose Great Country can testify to numerous corrupt-laden acts being exercise by almost everybody in every corner and broad ways of this Nation, starting from the Airport down to the Seaport, even 2 the House of God. I've seen almost all manner of extortion n greed, but the ones being perpetrated on a daily basis by dis same current masses which at the same time begs for a " Corrupt-free" Nigeria takes d cake. Your observation might be different from dat of d sim card scenario mentioned above, but d fact still remains that the Followers lacks the moral right to "heavily" criticise its Leadership, because d sorry state of d Leadership obviously stems from d followers. The rude facial expression and the grossly unique treatment ushered at the embassies of foreign countries at d mention of Nigeria is a point 2 also start with. The inhumane hospitality ushered @ dis embassies is not because of the bad leadership, but because of the several disheartening acts carried out by its citizens such as drug-trafficking and some other fraudulent acts being perpetrated almost on a daily basis at a very alarming rate. The reality on ground is that those rogues in govt 2day are d products of d masses. So how do you expect d leadership 2 be free from corruption when it followers have corruption fiercely running through their veins like starved ebola virus?. Today's leader was a follower yesterday. Leaders comes frm followers. So clearly d problm of this country is a fundamental problem that comes from the source. When Moses wanted healing d water of marah in the Bible...he didn't pour d salt @ d middle of d water (or spring), he poured d salt at d SOURCE of d water. Until d source(followers or masses) is cured, then d leadership is doomed. The Bible puts it dis way, "If d foundation be destroyed, what can d Righteous do?". The much anticipated changed we crave for must be practiced n even die for (if neccessary) by d followers before we can have a good leadership. Our leaders are supose to lead by good example while we follow, yes, but it is d dark seed of conscience we sowed and watered together wit them when they were followers yesterday that germinated today when they got to Power. A community of followers wit good conscience can neva produce Bad leaders. The mentality of a Good leader is largely effected by those surrounding him. Leaders don't fall frm sky, they are once followers!!..Each masses should sow the seed of Light conscience today so they can reap d fruit of "corrupt free leadership" tomorrow!..(This doesn't mean we shouldn't blame our leaders for most of our misfortune today, but the dark force deeply buried in their mind which gave birth 2 our misfortune could have being easily purge out if they (and we) collectively took d anti-corrupt campaign sternly in our day-2-day activities....No country is free of bad masses, but our case is disturbingly exceptional. May Heaven Rich-Blessings come upon everyone willing 2 awake his conscience and heal the "open sore" of this country In Jesus Name, Amen). God Bless Nigeria!!. Happy New year!!...P.S---From a Neutral mind....not PDP neither APC!!.(Karlriz4ril@gmail.com)(Pleasestayaliveinitiatives).....Share your view!!

2 Likes

Re: Quest For A Good Leader And A New Nigeria by Nobody: 4:19pm On Jan 01, 2015
God bless you OP.
I think we all need Patriotism 101. A course where we will learn to put the unity and overall good of our country above personal interests.

3 Likes

Re: Quest For A Good Leader And A New Nigeria by jamace(m): 5:21pm On Jan 01, 2015
Buhari is a liar.

1 Like

Re: Quest For A Good Leader And A New Nigeria by karlriz(m): 7:02am On Jan 02, 2015
@Jamace......wat has buhari got 2do wit dis??. Dunno dis buhari much but his name jst seems 2b given some of u Pro-Gej a headache!...#No offence

2 Likes

Re: Quest For A Good Leader And A New Nigeria by jamace(m): 7:34am On Jan 02, 2015
karlriz:
@Jamace......wat has buhari got 2do wit dis??. Dunno dis buhari much but his name jst seems 2b given some of u Pro-Gej a headache!...#No offence
You just lied like Buhari.
Re: Quest For A Good Leader And A New Nigeria by karlriz(m): 8:19am On Jan 02, 2015
jamace:
You just lied like Buhari.

Lied??. How??. Cos I claimed nt 2knw buhari "much" or d fact dt I accused ProGej supporters 2b having headache over buhari matters?. Why wudn't I even accused sum of u ProGej supporters of havin Headache?!. Read wat u jst typed after readin d whole post over again (Buhari is a liar). Is dat d best way u could relate 2d post?. @ ur age?. It jst bugs me how some grown-ups here feels quite comfortable to type b4 they think.#No offence

1 Like

Re: Quest For A Good Leader And A New Nigeria by jamace(m): 8:33am On Jan 02, 2015
karlriz:

Lied??. How??. Cos I claimed nt 2knw buhari "much" or d fact dt I accused ProGej supporters 2b having headache over buhari matters?. Why wudn't I even accused sum of u ProGej supporters of havin Headache?!. Read wat u jst typed after readin d whole post over again (Buhari is a liar). Is dat d best way u could relate 2d post?. @ ur age?. It jst bugs me how some grown-ups here feels quite comfortable to type b4 they think.#No offence
How did you know that Buhari is giving pro-GEJ supporters headache if you have not been following our discussion on this forum? I will say, stop lying like your Buhari who claimed his academic certificates are with the military board. No hiding place for Buhari this time around. His bubble has been bursted.

1 Like

Re: Quest For A Good Leader And A New Nigeria by karlriz(m): 9:02am On Jan 02, 2015
jamace:
How did you know that Buhari is giving pro-GEJ supporters headache if you have not been following our discussion on this forum? I will say, stop lying like your Buhari who claimed his academic certificates are with the military board. No hiding place for Buhari this time around. His bubble has been bursted.

Good question!. Here's ur answer. Hw I knew Buhari is giving u ProGej supporters "headache" is because I didn't expect "Buhari is a liar" 2b ur "first" response 2 such a thoughtful post challenging our gross state of conscience. Its obvious, its either Buhari-matter is giving u (a Pro-Gej) headache or u don't jst av d mental-strength 2 assimilate n relate 2d topic. I wil go wit d formal.

2 Likes

Re: Quest For A Good Leader And A New Nigeria by jamace(m): 9:29am On Jan 02, 2015
karlriz:

Good question!. Here's ur answer. Hw I knew Buhari is giving u ProGej supporters "headache" is because I didn't expect "Buhari is a liar" 2b ur "first" response 2 such a thoughtful post challenging our gross state of conscience. Its obvious, its either Buhari-matter is giving u (a Pro-Gej) headache or u don't jst av d mental-strength 2 assimilate n relate 2d topic. I wil go wit d formal.
If you were intelligent enough, you would have remained neutral to issues while you find out the reason why "Buhari is a liar". Your statement exposed your bias even though you pretended not to know Buhari and that is why you are a liar like Buhari.
Re: Quest For A Good Leader And A New Nigeria by Nobody: 9:56am On Jan 02, 2015
jamace:
Buhari is a liar.
Why did you say this?

2 Likes

Re: Quest For A Good Leader And A New Nigeria by karlriz(m): 10:20am On Jan 02, 2015
jamace:
If you were intelligent enough, you would have remained neutral to issues while you find out the reason why "Buhari is a liar". Your statement exposed your bias even though you pretended not to know Buhari and that is why you are a liar like Buhari.

Mr man, my arguement is simple. Relate 2d post, don't drag buhari/Gej issue in2 it. D fact dat I'm against ur stand over buhari issue doesn't mean I'm biased. I'm "only" against it because it has nothing 2do wit d "Long Post". I mean, hw can u possibly read such a long post n all u cud type is "Buhari is a liar"?. Seriously?. Lemme put it dis way 2u, he may be a liar (u may be right!!......am I neutral enough 4u now?), but comin up wit such response 2 such a post is quite staggering, which is y I claimed Buhari-matter 2b giving u Pro-Gej fans a headache n so far I dnt tink there's enough aspirin in d world 2 cure it. Meanwhile, "pretend nt 2 knw Buhari?". Ofcos I knw him...I said I dnt knw him "much"..u skipped dat part?. U see y I use d word headache?.(Scroll up n read my post again)

1 Like

Re: Quest For A Good Leader And A New Nigeria by jamace(m): 10:28am On Jan 02, 2015
0rex:

Why did you say this?
Please go through this thread for the answer: https://www.nairaland.com/2068129/academic-certificates-military-buhari-inec
Re: Quest For A Good Leader And A New Nigeria by jamace(m): 10:31am On Jan 02, 2015
karlriz:

Mr man, my arguement is simple. Relate 2d post, don't drag buhari/Gej issue in2 it. D fact dat I'm against ur stand over buhari issue doesn't mean I'm biased. I'm "only" against it because it has nothing 2do wit d "Long Post". I mean, hw can u possibly read such a long post n all u cud type is "Buhari is a liar"?. Seriously?. Lemme put it dis way 2u, he may be a liar (u may be right!!......am I neutral enough 4u now?), but comin up wit such response 2 such a post is quite staggering, which is y I claimed Buhari-matter 2b giving u Pro-Gej fans a headache n so far I dnt tink there's enough aspirin in d world 2 cure it. Meanwhile, "pretend nt 2 knw Buhari?". Ofcos I knw him...I said I dnt knw him "much"..u skipped dat part?. U see y I use d word headache?.(Scroll up n read my post again)
he? If you don't know Buhari much how did you come to the conclusion that Buhari was giving pro-GEJ headache? Please go to this thread to know why Buhari is a liar: https://www.nairaland.com/2068129/academic-certificates-military-buhari-inec
Re: Quest For A Good Leader And A New Nigeria by Nobody: 10:36am On Jan 02, 2015
This is the reason WAI was introduced. Merchants could be pathetic, making 300% gain on a commodity is not only unpatriotic but also condemnable

2 Likes

Re: Quest For A Good Leader And A New Nigeria by DaBullIT(m): 11:31am On Jan 02, 2015
[size=14pt]The government failed Nigerians ,

This get rich at all cost mentality didn't start today , it have tayed ,

Great grand hustled ,
passed it on to grand grand , he hustled too ,
didn't make much , passed it on to grannie
, he tried his best didn't make it , and to Dad , now a Dad who's a teacher , hasn't been paid 3 months ,
arrears hasn't been paid in 2-3 years , a family that borrows to live and survive , insulted by landlord. Cotenants make fun of them ,
those things register in the brain , in the DNA , greed sets in and everybody starts scheming on how to make more than enough

Point being the Nigerian Government since it lost focus and became corrupt has screwed up the Libes , minds and thoughts of every Nigerian ,

Fix greed and corruption , Help Nigerians believe in Nigeria , do so much goodness the kind of which is usually done post election , Do it when its not election time

Punish those people the masses know they are corrupt but untouchable by the law ,

Pay salaries and entitlements , promote workers and pay outstanding pensions

Then Nigeria will be free , conducive , and Nigeria will rise above its mates in Africa

Only one team can effect this change and fix Nigeria

#TeamGMB. Vote GMB. Vote APC , Vote Change , if we can dream if , we can achieve it [/size]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Quest For A Good Leader And A New Nigeria by karlriz(m): 12:39pm On Jan 02, 2015
DaBullIT:
[size=14pt]The government failed Nigerians ,

This get rich at all cost mentality didn't start today , it have tayed ,

Great grand hustled ,
passed it on to grand grand , he hustled too ,
didn't make much , passed it on to grannie
, he tried his best didn't make it , and to Dad , now a Dad who's a teacher , hasn't been paid 3 months ,
arrears hasn't been paid in 2-3 years , a family that borrows to live and survive , insulted by landlord. Cotenants make fun of them ,
those things register in the brain , in the DNA , greed sets in and everybody starts scheming on how to make more than enough

Point being the Nigerian Government since it lost focus and became corrupt has screwed up the Libes , minds and thoughts of every Nigerian ,

Fix greed and corruption , Help Nigerians believe in Nigeria , do so much goodness the kind of which is usually done post election , Do it when its not election time

Punish those people the masses know they are corrupt but untouchable by the law ,

Pay salaries and entitlements , promote workers and pay outstanding pensions

Then Nigeria will be free , conducive , and Nigeria will rise above its mates in Africa

Only one team can effect this change and fix Nigeria

#TeamGMB. Vote GMB. Vote APC , Vote Change , if we can dream if , we can achieve it [/size]

Good n Patriotic leadership is expected frm our leaders 2make Nigeria free, conducive and 2 make us rise above our mates in Africa. You're right....but from where do u tink dis "Patriotic" leaders come from?. From Mars?. Do u tink Abraham Lincoln descended from Heaven?. Did Mandela came from China??. These great leaders mentioned stood up from a community dat is highly devoted on a single honest cause, Great Nation. The will for d manifestation of this "cause" was strenghtened by d majority of d day-2-day activities being exercise by d people dat surrounded them. A community of "good people" builds a "good leader". There's no two way abt it. One good act of patriotism u show 2day 2 anoda person can help stimulate a desire 4 a better Nigeria. Today's great nation once had (and stil havin) its followers "desperately" craving 4a better Nation. Our govt failed simply because our community couldn't produce leaders wit "good heart", so technically d govt didn't fail, WE FAILED THE GOV'T...because d gov't came from us.

1 Like

Re: Quest For A Good Leader And A New Nigeria by Nobody: 12:43pm On Jan 02, 2015
barcanista:
This is the reason WAI was introduced. Merchants could be pathetic, making 300% gain on a commodity is not only unpatriotic but also condemnable
With the shambolic state of Nigeria’s economy and the open looting of the national treasury, Buhari’s anti-corruption message and reputation for probity is starting to take on a new appeal. His message, which was ahead of its time in previous elections, is finding resonance now. Buhari has also grown to understand the expectations of a political leader better.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Quest For A Good Leader And A New Nigeria by DaBullIT(m): 1:05pm On Jan 02, 2015
karlriz:

Good n Patriotic leadership is expected frm our leaders 2make Nigeria free, conducive and 2 make us rise above our mates in Africa. You're right....but from where do u tink dis "Patriotic" leaders come from?. From Mars?. Do u tink Abraham Lincoln descended from Heaven?. Did Mandela came from China??. These great leaders mentioned stood up from a community dat is highly devoted on a single honest cause, Great Nation. The will for d manifestation of this "cause" was strenghtened by d majority of d day-2-day activities being exercise by d people dat surrounded them. A community of "good people" builds a "good leader". There's no two way abt it. One good act of patriotism u show 2day 2 anoda person can help stimulate a desire 4 a better Nigeria. Today's great nation once had (and stil havin) its followers "desperately" craving 4a better Nation. Our govt failed simply because our community couldn't produce leaders wit "good heart", so technically d govt didn't fail, WE FAILED THE GOV'T...because d gov't came from us.

Epic , that's an epic and beautifully written statement and I agree with you

However , There was a time when all an average Nigerian wanted was to sleep in a house /hut , feed his family , make babies , and be free to live , leave any part of the country he wants

There was a time all Nigerians wanted was someone who can speak their language , remember them when he gets to power and build schools , their children must be able to go to school and learn white man's strange language

There was a time Nigerians didn't want to get involved in politics because the slave masters / colonial masters made being a politician stressful , as in you can't do just for yourself or community

There was a time when Nigerians kept farm produce by the road side and the amount the good is worth is placed there , buyers come , pick what they want and pay

It all changed when they started getting to power, building mansions , neglecting communities and people who helped them there , imposing taxes without explaining to the illiterates , taking people's wives , farms soon as they got into politics

So before communities began turning on each other as you have said , some individuals , families and groups of sponsored people betrayed the community / country , That's why people started grumbling , suffering and smiling , that an how desperation and greed became part of Nigerians. And that also proves people have done far worse at the top than then people below have

If a leader can melt the hearts of Nigerians , young and old , that leader would change the mentality and the stsncemof community on kids
Re: Quest For A Good Leader And A New Nigeria by karlriz(m): 1:14pm On Jan 02, 2015
barcanista:

And 2tink sum of dis same guys are craving 4a "Corrupt-free" Nation. Always in haste 2 blame dia "own" corrupt act on d govt. Meanwhile i tink d govt needs 2b so strict abt some of its Regulatory laws if at all there's any.
Re: Quest For A Good Leader And A New Nigeria by Nobody: 1:21pm On Jan 02, 2015
karlriz:

And 2tink sum of dis same guys are craving 4a "Corrupt-free" Nation. Always in haste 2 blame dia "own" corrupt act on d govt. Meanwhile i tink d govt needs 2b so strict abt some of its Regulatory laws if at all there's any.
My friend, when the head is corrupt there is no way the body won't. The leaders are to lead by example
Re: Quest For A Good Leader And A New Nigeria by karlriz(m): 2:33pm On Jan 02, 2015
barcanista:
My friend, when the head is corrupt there is no way the body won't. The leaders are to lead by example

Yea, ur right. But let's not 4get d primary cause of d corruption of d head. The body gave birth 2d head. U can't plant yam and harvest mango!!...let dat idea of corrupt-free leadership n nation start frm d works of our hands.

(1) (Reply)

Let Your Vote Count / Switching From Team Jonathan To Team Buhari / Niger State Deputy Gov Defects To APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.