Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,522 members, 7,816,280 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:42 AM

Nigerian Army Dismisses 203 Soldiers After Secret Night Trial - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Army Dismisses 203 Soldiers After Secret Night Trial (23146 Views)

Boko Haram: Army Dismisses Shekau's New Video.. / After Secret Talks: Buhari Takes Steps To End Feud With Tinubu / Boko Haram Kills 20 Soldiers After Release Of 21 Chibok Girls - Says ISWAP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Army Dismisses 203 Soldiers After Secret Night Trial by Nobody: 9:22am On Jan 02, 2015
i dont know why u av to comment and condemn dis soldiers, we carry same flesh and dey as well av their own life to protect likewise save the lives of the children from bin interrupted by their death, a war zone without weapon to fight ur opponent is like commiting suicide, will the president sacrifice his life if its been demand for in ending this insugency issues in Nigeria, dismissing them is not proper at all, lets forget abt their oath or no oath, can a policeman go after an armed robber with loaded weapon? yet we want to criticize them for asking for whats rightly needed in a warzone, even an hardened criminal/thug will never wait to fight one bokoharam loaded with common knife, if u think what dey did was wrong then push the nigerian police to face the BH

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army Dismisses 203 Soldiers After Secret Night Trial by koredeolanrewaju(m): 9:29am On Jan 02, 2015
This is very calous of them to have dismissed them without pay. Perhaps, what they did was right. U're sending them to warfront without solid protection. Haba! Leave them God will do the best for u. embarassed
Re: Nigerian Army Dismisses 203 Soldiers After Secret Night Trial by kay10: 9:29am On Jan 02, 2015
how can u fight boko harem with mere AK47 when they the boko harem are using m16 ,,how much are they selling m16 and the other above guns when nigeria cant not afford,
Re: Nigerian Army Dismisses 203 Soldiers After Secret Night Trial by trixstar(m): 9:30am On Jan 02, 2015
If I wea to be among dose soldiers, I go join boko vry fast
Re: Nigerian Army Dismisses 203 Soldiers After Secret Night Trial by BotherMleeper(m): 9:30am On Jan 02, 2015
IdiAmin1:
What's going on in Nigeria military? 203 trained but unemployed soldiers will be more formidable than 1000 boko boys or 1000 armed robbers. Gej should watch the people he claims to be C-in-C. undecided

You dont get it. This is a purge. Most likely they're muslims sent to die to whittle their numbers in the army but when they refused for lack of arms they were sacked. Serves almost the same purpose.

30 bullets? Are you kidding me?

Hmm. This GEJ is creating disgruntled rank and file servicemen with the connivance of those bloated desktop generals.

That's probably 203 new advisors for BH.
Re: Nigerian Army Dismisses 203 Soldiers After Secret Night Trial by xcitedjay(m): 9:31am On Jan 02, 2015
No10:
One question pls,what is "support equipment"?

RPGs, GPMGs etc... Generally, superior weapons that makes it easier for our soldiers to win the war.
Re: Nigerian Army Dismisses 203 Soldiers After Secret Night Trial by joe17: 9:35am On Jan 02, 2015
yayitifury:
The problem they fail to understand is if this dismissed pple choose d other side and aline with boko haram to harm us......with their vast exprience,bokor haram can offer dem good money and take revenge on their unfortunate dismisal......GOC...think deep and make use of their talent to combat BKH not to join dem
do u fink dis BH guys are mere civilian-dat were given guns? They are trained my brother-they ar also soldiers.
Re: Nigerian Army Dismisses 203 Soldiers After Secret Night Trial by Hilaskee(m): 9:38am On Jan 02, 2015
Corruption and Confusion
Re: Nigerian Army Dismisses 203 Soldiers After Secret Night Trial by PapiDShipCapt(m): 9:39am On Jan 02, 2015
trixstar:
If I wea to be among dose soldiers, I go join boko vry fast
Sir, Ur contribution here is irrelevant
Re: Nigerian Army Dismisses 203 Soldiers After Secret Night Trial by Nobody: 9:40am On Jan 02, 2015
Zeezy99:
They keep sending these soldiers on a suicide mission and yet punish them when they refuse? Help is on the way... In 6 weeks the clueless one will be out of office and justice will finally prevail

You need surgery. Brain transplant from your hips and nyash to your head where it is meant to be because shyte is affecting the brain
Re: Nigerian Army Dismisses 203 Soldiers After Secret Night Trial by xcitedjay(m): 9:40am On Jan 02, 2015
Nigerdeltaboi:
such a pity ,NA has to clamp down on undiscipline which i think is slightly triggered by a lack of education among some soldiers .
i once spoke with a soldier who was armed with a type 80 on him and yet was saying boko's ak47 was better.
there is a need to raise the bar when it comes to selection.

Never heard of a Type 80, only Type 56.

Forget about paper specifications, when you're at the battle front and have to sustain prolonged fire with the enemy, that's when you'd find out which weapon is preferable.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army Dismisses 203 Soldiers After Secret Night Trial by Elan83(m): 9:43am On Jan 02, 2015
I came, i saw, i ran!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army Dismisses 203 Soldiers After Secret Night Trial by xcitedjay(m): 9:43am On Jan 02, 2015
IdiAmin1:
What's going on in Nigeria military? 203 trained but unemployed soldiers will be more formidable than 1000 boko boys or 1000 armed robbers. Gej should watch the people he claims to be C-in-C. undecided

203 armed undisciplined soldiers is more dangerous than 2000 BH + armed robbers.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army Dismisses 203 Soldiers After Secret Night Trial by Nobody: 9:44am On Jan 02, 2015
Raiders:
The problem with the Nigeria army is that the wrong people are recuited into the army. Most of them have low moral and don't want to fight. They probably join the army so that they can oppress "bloody" civilians. I read in a thread on nairaland that it took only 50 boko haram terrorist to attack Mubi town of over 1000 soldiers and the soldiers abandon the city without fighting back. Most of them don't have passion to fight for Nigeria and they only got into the army because their family members or god father is a senior military official or top politicians. I hope Nigeria army learns from its mistake and after boko haram is defeated the Nigeria army start recruiting its military officers solely by merits.

At last! Someone is thinking properly like me here on NL.

These soldiers terrorize innocent citizens but shiver at the mere mention of boko haram.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army Dismisses 203 Soldiers After Secret Night Trial by seunlayi(m): 9:55am On Jan 02, 2015
[size=18pt]
we should be mindful if what we say. most of this soldiers are cowards that are worthy to be called hunter not to talk of soldiers. when it is time for them to harass civilian, they will know what to do, but when it is time for them to carry out their primary assignment which they have been collecting salaries for since 1980, they will start wailing as if somebody has died.
their act of cowardice is causing a lot of problem, a military man should never complain about any weapon given to him..............

allow those who are serious to get things done
[/size]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Army Dismisses 203 Soldiers After Secret Night Trial by Ultimate200: 10:06am On Jan 02, 2015
berem:
Is it not better to be dismissed that to be sentenced to death? Imagine going to die for nothing without better equipments. How can they fight boko haram ill-equiped abeg?
They should be thanking their stars.
beter weapon is nt a reason to disobey.. okey now u mean if usa attack us then our army would hold their hand and disobey couse usa have better weapons ?
Re: Nigerian Army Dismisses 203 Soldiers After Secret Night Trial by phillipso: 10:13am On Jan 02, 2015
The Nigerian soldiers should not forget the rules of engagements to their call to duty,and the Oath of office they took b4 joining the force! Obeying the last orders!! We see their activities of oil bunkering in the Niger Delta,,the Nigerian Army has suddenly become lazy, and corrupt. So it will be difficult for such bad eggs to be called to National duties! The dismissed soldiers should be thankful to their stars that they got a light sentence! The Force Headquarters should sanitise the system once and for all...
Re: Nigerian Army Dismisses 203 Soldiers After Secret Night Trial by bola555(f): 10:13am On Jan 02, 2015
DeejayTafari:
Nigerian Army dey hot dese days.
I tell you.
Re: Nigerian Army Dismisses 203 Soldiers After Secret Night Trial by Ninilowo(m): 10:14am On Jan 02, 2015
No10:
One question pls,what is "support equipment"?
mortal shells, armour support, air support and probably artillery support.
Re: Nigerian Army Dismisses 203 Soldiers After Secret Night Trial by adedayourt(m): 10:15am On Jan 02, 2015
This is really a welcome development.

No weapon to fight, fighters reduced by 203 for asking for necessity

BH is in trouble!
Re: Nigerian Army Dismisses 203 Soldiers After Secret Night Trial by SmartKillinex: 10:22am On Jan 02, 2015
redsun:

They were going to travel by gravel carrying tipper,insufficiently equipped. A very demoralising situation in a war zone. None of the soldiers deserves to die in the hands of their own. For sanity sake,gej must break the dreadful protocol and pardon the ones that are already sentenced to death.

I can see there have been a deliberate scheme to destabilise the Nigerian military since OBJ became a political warrior and that explain why there have been no coup since,even with all the destabilisation in the country. In a way it is good for democrazy,but very dangerous for the country's defence,.even Niger republic can run over Nigeria with ease at this point in time with the state if Nigerian military..

haba oga,if you believe that line you can actially believe anything...gravel tipper ke ,truckter ni
Re: Nigerian Army Dismisses 203 Soldiers After Secret Night Trial by pomporiking: 10:31am On Jan 02, 2015
Fantastic news.let those who don't want to fight go home to their loved ones
Re: Nigerian Army Dismisses 203 Soldiers After Secret Night Trial by kagari: 10:37am On Jan 02, 2015
SmartKillinex:

haba oga,if you believe that line you can actially believe anything...gravel tipper ke ,truckter ni
He is right, using gravel tipper means its actually a covert mission and given just 30 rounds means the mission was precise. Probably the army guys were angry for something else. In warfront you improvise. I hate to say this but its always obey the last order till you finally have an opinion.
Re: Nigerian Army Dismisses 203 Soldiers After Secret Night Trial by easy4beno(m): 10:41am On Jan 02, 2015
Firstly, I would like to say that we do not know how authentic and true the story is because this is naija where the next spokesman would deny and dismiss such claim once its gone public, but I would make my comments based on what I have read..I would like to say that the court martial may be right in doling out the accorded discipline or punishment to the soldiers..because they say a land with no law means there's no disobedience..maybe that's the right thing to do, ofcos every soldier knows the do's and don'ts' of the army, and also the Army operates with strict codes and conducts..so meaning that before you disobey an order, you already know the next punishment that will follow..

However, I'm of the opinion that these court martials should thread carefully, with the way they have been sentencing soldiers in recent times I think is alarming..in as much as they think they are doing the right thing they should also think about the multiplier effects of now and of the future.. in the sense that how will you just dismiss 195 soldiers together at a time without any benefits, no shelter for their families..and u think they would just let it slide just like that, and not think of a way of retaliating?well if yes or if no, they should brainstorm on that question. Why I'm raising this issue is to avoid another sect of boko haram gathering up to hunt innocent Nigerians as payback for their dismissal..these are soldiers that already know the weakpoints and areas of strengths within the Nigerian Army..

In conclusion, I feel there should be other ways of punishment for this kind of offense and not an outright dismissal because the eventual outcome may be more weighty than the dismissal, I hope they would remember that an idle hand is the devil's workshop..

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army Dismisses 203 Soldiers After Secret Night Trial by vicadex07(m): 10:47am On Jan 02, 2015
Zeezy99:
They keep sending these soldiers on a suicide mission and yet punish them when they refuse? Help is on the way... In 6 weeks the clueless one will be out of office and justice will finally prevail

shocked ukwu!!!
Re: Nigerian Army Dismisses 203 Soldiers After Secret Night Trial by kellyJames5(m): 10:49am On Jan 02, 2015
Well.....my Momma has always warned me not to believe a one-sided story
So I've to hear from NA before I pass my judgement!

#shalom!
Re: Nigerian Army Dismisses 203 Soldiers After Secret Night Trial by Nobody: 10:51am On Jan 02, 2015
omolami:
No one should pity these soldiers.Maybe they need to go and re-read their oath of allegieance in order to appreciate the level of their offence
you are right, Buh the case here isn't gross disobedience. the soldiers suggested they be supplied with sufficient equipment and ammo, keeping in mind their previous encounters with the boko niggiz... I feel the matter would have been treated and seen for What it was, a suggestion.
Re: Nigerian Army Dismisses 203 Soldiers After Secret Night Trial by gogodaye(m): 10:53am On Jan 02, 2015
These class of soldiers should be unmasked and kicked out of our military........one is damn sick of hearing the motley of pedestrian excuses they sanctimoniously offer to elicit underserved public sympathy....
The sameopen tipper trucks they and some of their ilk boarded to flee book haram insurgents whilst abandoning communities and their barracks- are no longer choice vehicles of travel to the front lines....
Nemesis would continue to catch up with them....
Good for nothing misroad clowns who take delight in burning down BRT buses and frog jumping bloodied civilians.
Re: Nigerian Army Dismisses 203 Soldiers After Secret Night Trial by gists: 10:54am On Jan 02, 2015
I remember sometime ago when president obama paid a surprise visit to american troops in iraq (or maybe afghanistan). One of the things he said to them is . . . . we will not send you in arms way except it is very necessary. And when we do, we will equip you will the best military equipment not only to protect your self but to get the job done.......

Contrast that with our CnC that refuse to visit Chibok and denied the military basic necessary hardwares to effectively combat the terrorist, expect soldiers to fight with 30 rounds or ammunitions and when they ask for the basics, they get sentenced to death or at least dismissed without benefit. Yet you want the rest of the soldiers to be motivated to effectively fight terrorists (whose sponsors by the ways have not only evaded arrests but also wine/dine with the president).

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army Dismisses 203 Soldiers After Secret Night Trial by feyisejoy(m): 10:55am On Jan 02, 2015
gameboy727:
This is uncalled for. That GOC should be flogged and jailed. The senior officials in the NA are so corrupt and something needs to be done about that. Only the recruits suffer the silly decisions they make both on the war front and in the barracks.

All these General forgot that they were employed by federal government so as their subordinate also....
Re: Nigerian Army Dismisses 203 Soldiers After Secret Night Trial by aflabos(m): 11:01am On Jan 02, 2015
Half of those people dismissed without benefit will become terrors in society looking for lifelihood, either to become BH member or Armed robbers.......GEJ, find solution b4 u leave office in February......

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

3000 Members Dump APC For PDP In Benue (Photos) / INEC: Senate Declines Confirmation Of Lauretta Onochie, Requests Fresh Nominee / Uzodinma: President Buhari To Visit Imo Thursday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.