Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,158 members, 7,818,517 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:49 PM

Supreme Council On Islamic Affairs Condemn Nigeria’s Stand On Palestine Issue - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Supreme Council On Islamic Affairs Condemn Nigeria’s Stand On Palestine Issue (26096 Views)

Letters Between DSS And National Judicial Council On Corrupt Judges (photos) / Peter Onyekwere-Ebigbo Elected Into World Council On Torture Victims / Why Western Press Condemn Nigeria About Baga But They Wont Sell Us Arms To Fight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Supreme Council On Islamic Affairs Condemn Nigeria’s Stand On Palestine Issue by lillyjane(f): 7:32am On Jan 02, 2015
Why use religion as a yardstick for our international decisions?

4 Likes

Re: Supreme Council On Islamic Affairs Condemn Nigeria’s Stand On Palestine Issue by Nobody: 7:35am On Jan 02, 2015
decode55:
Islam Islam

It is far more complicated than that. A large minority of Palestinians are Christians.Palestine is also relatively secular....compared to some other Arab countries.(Hamas controlls just the Gaza Area).

1 Like

Re: Supreme Council On Islamic Affairs Condemn Nigeria’s Stand On Palestine Issue by ayando(m): 7:35am On Jan 02, 2015
luvmijeje:

If indeed Israel offered us weapons and assistance how come we are buying arms from Pakistan?

I'm interested in the official reasons why Nigeria abstain from voting. I hope is not because of the above.[i ]Internally Jonathan shot himself in the legs with this because he has lose another chunk of minute votes he'll get from the Muslims.[/i]

Externally what's the benefits for us? Did the benefits outweigh the harms. Is this decision not going to draw the focus of the enemies of Israel on Nigeria? If it does, do we have the capabilities to take them on? If we don’t, are the Israelis and the Americans ready to budget part of their resources to fight them?

They should give us the official reasons why they abstain from voting?

the italic. why do you think it is a Muslim thing? This is international politics and not religion.

@bold. what would you have preferred? To vote for or against? I think Nigeria interest is protected by being neutral and if anyone feels spited, then they already before now,only waiting for an excuse to pin it on.

If Nigeria had voted, US veto power still counts.

6 Likes

Re: Supreme Council On Islamic Affairs Condemn Nigeria’s Stand On Palestine Issue by coolzeal(m): 7:35am On Jan 02, 2015
I just wanna know what Muhammadu Buhari has to say on this.

1 Like

Re: Supreme Council On Islamic Affairs Condemn Nigeria’s Stand On Palestine Issue by donnie(m): 7:35am On Jan 02, 2015
God bless the Nigerian government for the wise step. There will be SHEEP NATIONS and there will be GOAT NATIONS and the Lord Jesus will seperate the sheep from the goat at His coming. You chose wisely.

7 Likes

Re: Supreme Council On Islamic Affairs Condemn Nigeria’s Stand On Palestine Issue by makzeze: 7:36am On Jan 02, 2015
What! I am speechless and commentless.
Re: Supreme Council On Islamic Affairs Condemn Nigeria’s Stand On Palestine Issue by Nobody: 7:37am On Jan 02, 2015
Buhari for president
Re: Supreme Council On Islamic Affairs Condemn Nigeria’s Stand On Palestine Issue by Wendyslim(f): 7:37am On Jan 02, 2015
Ikengawo:
While Israel has offered us weapons, experts and assistance in tackling Boko Haram, even at the caution of the US..the arab world's relation to the issue is possible sponsorship. The Libyans have sold the weapons they're using to kill themselves to terrorists in Mali and Nigeria, showered on them by the ignorance of the United States. The Saudis have blocked Nigerian flights from entering their airspace once we started buying weapons from Pakistan (should be noted that Pakistanis are not Arabs). Now the want to make noise because Nigeria recognizes Israel and not Palestine.

While there are arabs and their lackeys in Africa killing and enslaving black africans every day they want us to stand in adversity to one of the only nations that has offered Nigeria assistance in these trying times.

Let Palestine offer us assistance and help before we can do the same. As it stands we'll work with those that work with us, not against.
. Don't pay evil wit evil
Re: Supreme Council On Islamic Affairs Condemn Nigeria’s Stand On Palestine Issue by Nobody: 7:39am On Jan 02, 2015
noblezone:
Split Nigeria now before it is too late.

Sorry....you are on the wrong thread.

If Nigeria is to split....it won't be on some disagreements over foreign affairs!

(Interestingly....it was under a Christian head of state that we severed ties with Israel....and under a Muslim that we restored ties 20 years later. ).
Re: Supreme Council On Islamic Affairs Condemn Nigeria’s Stand On Palestine Issue by Nobody: 7:40am On Jan 02, 2015
I condemn Nigeria’s stance on the Palestine issue too.

3 Likes

Re: Supreme Council On Islamic Affairs Condemn Nigeria’s Stand On Palestine Issue by helpee(m): 7:41am On Jan 02, 2015
And if he had voted yes who told you he wouldn't have lost a chunk of xtians votes too? Why should we be afraid of the enemies of Israel again? What else can they do other than their customised suicide bombing which we are now used to. So it is the Muslims that must placated like a cry cry baby. Tell me what can we benefit from Palestinian other than importation of suicide bombers and further risk the perception of the world that Nigeria is officially becoming a terrorist nation.? Inform your boko brothers....we have abstained. let the bombing continue
luvmijeje:

If indeed Israel offered us weapons and assistance how come we are buying arms from Pakistan?

I'm interested in the official reasons why Nigeria abstain from voting. I hope is not because of the above. Internally Jonathan shot himself in the legs with this because he has lose another chunk of minute votes he'll get from the Muslims.

Externally what's the benefits for us? Did the benefits outweigh the harms. Is this decision not going to draw the focus of the enemies of Israel on Nigeria? If it does, do we have the capabilities to take them on? If we don’t, are the Israelis and the Americans ready to budget part of their resources to fight them?

They should give us the official reasons why they abstain from voting?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Supreme Council On Islamic Affairs Condemn Nigeria’s Stand On Palestine Issue by Nobody: 7:41am On Jan 02, 2015
Aljazeera tagged Nigeria's act as international bribery,as it is easy to conclude that Israel and US both influenced Nigeria's decision.

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Council On Islamic Affairs Condemn Nigeria’s Stand On Palestine Issue by cooljude(m): 7:42am On Jan 02, 2015
National interest first

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Council On Islamic Affairs Condemn Nigeria’s Stand On Palestine Issue by free2ryhme: 7:42am On Jan 02, 2015
Why didn't this group condemns boko haram and. other islamIst terrorist groups attack in nigeria?

How beneficial is the relations btw nigeria and so called supreme islamic council?

Mushroom entitles

1 Like

Re: Supreme Council On Islamic Affairs Condemn Nigeria’s Stand On Palestine Issue by luvmijeje(f): 7:42am On Jan 02, 2015
ayando:

the italic. why do you think it is a Muslim thing? This is international politics and not religion.

@bold. what would you have preferred? To vote for or against? I think Nigeria interest is protected by being neutral and if anyone feels spited, then they already before now,only waiting for an excuse to pin it on.

If Nigeria had voted, US veto power still counts.

The title of the thread answered your first question.

Are you sure our interest are being protected? That's why I need to see and hear the official reasons why we abstain from voting.

1 Like

Re: Supreme Council On Islamic Affairs Condemn Nigeria’s Stand On Palestine Issue by harthonder(m): 7:42am On Jan 02, 2015
Haven't you realised that nothing is actually working for
Nigeria right now?
Internal insurgence is difficult for the Ogas not to talk of
an attack from other dwarf country.
Goodluck met musa and musa had bad luck
Met Crude oil and it seized from flowing
Met our Naira and it turned into a worthless paper
Now our pride..the military has met Goodluck and it has
changed to a boycott brigade group!
We need not just luck now cos our lives and future is
not something to toil with..
We need CHANGE that will put our future in our hands
once more!
Re: Supreme Council On Islamic Affairs Condemn Nigeria’s Stand On Palestine Issue by Bifwoli: 7:45am On Jan 02, 2015
Does this Islamic council realize Nigeria is a nation of almost 50/50 split between Christianity/Islam?

Oh,i forgot that in Islamic marriages you just force your wife to do whatever the hell you like. Sorry

7 Likes

Re: Supreme Council On Islamic Affairs Condemn Nigeria’s Stand On Palestine Issue by Elculio: 7:50am On Jan 02, 2015
Ikengawo:
While Israel has offered us weapons, experts and assistance in tackling Boko Haram, even at the caution of the US..the arab world's relation to the issue is possible sponsorship. The Libyans have sold the weapons they're using to kill themselves to terrorists in Mali and Nigeria, showered on them by the ignorance of the United States. The Saudis have blocked Nigerian flights from entering their airspace once we started buying weapons from Pakistan (should be noted that Pakistanis are not Arabs). Now the want to make noise because Nigeria recognizes Israel and not Palestine.

While there are arabs and their lackeys in Africa killing and enslaving black africans every day they want us to stand in adversity to one of the only nations that has offered Nigeria assistance in these trying times.

Let Palestine offer us assistance and help before we can do the same. As it stands we'll work with those that work with us, not against.
Nice one Ikengawo. people forget that politics is the protection and extension of personal/national interest. it simply what do I get in return for supporting you.
Re: Supreme Council On Islamic Affairs Condemn Nigeria’s Stand On Palestine Issue by ayando(m): 7:51am On Jan 02, 2015
luvmijeje:

The title of the thread answered your first question.

Are you sure our interest are being protected? That's why I need to see and hear the official reasons why we abstain from voting.

Yes, I can see it and that's why I said it shouldn't be so. Only mischievous people will see it. Those who voted for, are they all Muslim states?

Official reasons, I don't have. I believed our interests are protected because Nigeria has a relationship with Israel going by Mr President visits.

1 Like

Re: Supreme Council On Islamic Affairs Condemn Nigeria’s Stand On Palestine Issue by yungcyrus(m): 7:51am On Jan 02, 2015
naijaking1:
These people don't get it. Nigeria's foreign policy should not be based on religion, we are not Saudi Arabia or Iran.
if Buhari win (of which i knw say na lie) Naija foreign policy will be solely based on religion..................God blessd Isreal, God cursed ishmeal........its still evident in today's world.............sum people were born Terrorists

4 Likes

Re: Supreme Council On Islamic Affairs Condemn Nigeria’s Stand On Palestine Issue by Nobody: 7:53am On Jan 02, 2015
yungcyrus:
if Buhari win (of which i knw say na lie) Naija foreign policy will be solely based on religion..................God blessd Isreal, God cursed ishmeal........its still evident in today's world.............sum people were born Terrorists

I wonder what you would say about the Palestinian Christians?

The Israel-palestine thing is far more complex than you think. And no,it isn't necessarily about religion.
Re: Supreme Council On Islamic Affairs Condemn Nigeria’s Stand On Palestine Issue by tonychristopher: 7:54am On Jan 02, 2015
holatin:

Enemy of Nigeria

STONE THEM !

Who is enemy of Nigeria
Who will you stone

I wonder how people reason in a savage and barbaric manner ..Igbo are Christians and we are not okay to be yoked with infidel birth north

We are not same .. can't we just be friends from a distance

Muslim in Nigeria are just irritatants and nauseating.. I must say

How I wish Biafra was on ..Igbo would have voted against Palestine due to bilateral relationship with is real

Biafra is a good friend of isreal but here we are today

Stuck with retrograde and retrogressives

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Supreme Council On Islamic Affairs Condemn Nigeria’s Stand On Palestine Issue by yungcyrus(m): 7:55am On Jan 02, 2015
Hemanwel:
Bros,na today you know say Yorubas are Betrayals?Just look around,you'll see what I am saying.
no b lie, dos gullible people wan flood around Buhari, their doom
Re: Supreme Council On Islamic Affairs Condemn Nigeria’s Stand On Palestine Issue by tonychristopher: 7:57am On Jan 02, 2015
yungcyrus:
no b lie, dos gullible people wan flood around Buhari, their doom

I have given up on majority of em

1 Like

Re: Supreme Council On Islamic Affairs Condemn Nigeria’s Stand On Palestine Issue by BrosPeter: 7:58am On Jan 02, 2015
luvmijeje:

[s]

I'm interested in the official reasons why Nigeria abstain from voting. I hope is not because of the above. Internally Jonathan shot himself in the legs with this because he has lose another chunk of minute votes he'll get from the Muslims.

They should give us the official reasons why they abstain from voting? [/s]

Its too early to say rubbish.

4 Likes

Re: Supreme Council On Islamic Affairs Condemn Nigeria’s Stand On Palestine Issue by ROCKJ1(m): 8:00am On Jan 02, 2015
Do you know how many Nigerian's go to Israel every year for pilgrimage?
Do you know some of Nigerias security agents are trained in Israel?
Do you know some of the weapons used by the SSS are from Israel?
Why should we spoil the lovely relationship we have with Israel because of Palestine.
I support Nigeria's stand on this. Nice one.

7 Likes

Re: Supreme Council On Islamic Affairs Condemn Nigeria’s Stand On Palestine Issue by adbokus(m): 8:01am On Jan 02, 2015
tonychristopher:
What is really wrong with these Nigerian Muslims and this Yoruba man is talking

How I wish we can go our separate ways so all these madness will end
so if one thoughtless fellow says something ridiculous because of religious sentiments it reflects on every other person?! Steer clear of mindless generalisation all in the name of scoring cheap tribal slur points!...

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Council On Islamic Affairs Condemn Nigeria’s Stand On Palestine Issue by ebenice(m): 8:01am On Jan 02, 2015
God will disgrace every islamic agenda in Nigeria

This was one of the divine prophecy for 2015... Beware this is just the beginin

And btw wat does nigeria stands to gain econmicaly or scienstificaly by voting for. Abstaining is simply the best policy. No victor no vanquish.

And last bullet
Pls islamic council you are not a constitutional body of nigeria so mind ur islamic business and stop disgracing your self. Hypocrites when av u ever lambast boko aram in public.?

5 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Tinubu Starved Us, Jonathan Gave Us Multibillion Naira Contracts - OPC / Violence Breaks Out At APC Headquarters In Abuja / North East Development Commission Bill: An Unpatriotic And Unfortunate Bill

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.