Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,747 members, 7,862,446 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 04:54 PM

Nigeria: "The Giant Of Africa" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria: "The Giant Of Africa" (647 Views)

why is Nigeria called The Giant Of Africa? / Ghana Is The Giant Of West Africa. (CNN) / Oil Producing states In Nigeria - The Facts and Figures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria: "The Giant Of Africa" by Laygos(m): 11:42pm On Jan 01, 2015
After so many years, Nigeria took a great steep forward 2 push out colonialism and inherited a country that is full of great promise and potentials, a country with strong Govt. and sound economy, a contry rich with natural, human and intellectual resources, a united country feared and envied for its present and future greatness.
But somewhere along the line we lost focus and allow sentiment,tribe religion and greed overwhelme us. Corruption and poverty became the bedrock and the Holk hogan of our economy.

I was born 2 hear the story of a great country and was made 2 understand that Niigeria is the "Giant of africa" but i can't possibly fathom out how was she the giant then, why not tell now, certainly the picture is nebulous; its all greek 2 me.

What i see today is a nation that fails 2 see the writtings on the wall, and the "Giant of Africa" has truly become the 'Giant of africa' sarcastically.
Nigeria take a David steep forward and three Goliath steeps backward. As a result of the rot in the system, we have legalize almost every illegality such as bad governance, indecency, insecurity,bad roads, arms smuggling, child abuse, the list goes on and on I'm very sure that rigging of the upcoming general election will not be left out on this list.

This is a country where stealing is not corruption.
Where big thieves steal big and bend the law 2 their favour.
Where small thieves steal small and face the full wrath of the law
This is a country where slow pokes and cluelessness reign supreme.
This is a country whose failure 2 diversify the economy has seen the economy diversify collective goals 2 greed and egocentism.
I wish i can seek solance somewhere only 2 recall those words by a hero "There was Once a Country". Its just a crying shame that the labours of our past heroes is now in vain and shambles. Nigeria once a great nation, is now a by-word for failure.

The virus in the system is very difficult 2 debug, but on the bright side, the bug is not impossible 2 debug. The debugging process begins with us, yes! You and I. The destiny of this country is in our might and so i say,
ARISE oh compatriot let's re-write history and fight for what is right. For CHANGE is what is right and what is right is CHANGE. The tongue cannot claim 2 be ignorant of what the mouth is chewing. For if we choose 2 keep sweeping our problems under the rug, it will surely come back 2 haunt us.

We've failed in the past 2 make it right, this is an oppurtunity 2 right the wrongs come February.
Yes we can! If smaller nations in Asia and the middle east can transform and are transforming 2 stronger nation, why can't we? Common!!!.
Let's keep aside our individual differences and fight for our collective goals
Let's break the chains and vote for change
Let's vote out cluelessness
Let's vote out slow pokes
Let's vote out poco-a-poco style of govt.

Do not vote based on sentiment, tribe or religion.
Do not vote for name, fame or status
BUT VOTE 4 CHANGE

Vote for individuals who are visionary
Vote for people who are sensitive 2 issues that matters
Vote for people who are selfless and are ready 2 do anything 2 defend, protect and even die for you.
Vote for individuals who can move against the tide of ineptitude and ego- better kind of snail politics that have caused us so much pains
Vote for fast thinkers who can move with the speed of change

I can feel the wind of change already
Let's make it happen
Welcome to the year of CHANGE

(1) (Reply)

PHOTOS- Akin Ambode At Interactive Session With Students Of Tertiary Institution / Say No to Naivity Your Vote Is Ur Power / There Are No Signs That Nigeria Will Break Up In 2015 – US

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.