Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:44 AM

Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants - Jobs/Vacancies (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants (262462 Views)

Army SSC/DSSC 2016 Interview List Is Out / Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum / Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (69) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by cricifixo: 8:57am On Jan 24, 2016
@Generaloluseye, I just saw it, didn't know it has been there all dis time but let's hope it happens soon
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by GenAnsahCinC: 6:34pm On Jan 24, 2016
am so optimistic that SSC COURSE 44 will pass out same day with 63RC
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by DaEmperor: 11:16am On Jan 28, 2016
Seems the delay has to do with the budget if i'm gonna judge using past occasions. The Army might not kick start the recruitment process till they are allocated their budget. Same might apply to the Navy before they release their final list of DSSC intakes. Well as I said MIGHT. They might surprise me.
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by Nobody: 1:47pm On Jan 28, 2016
Make Senate Pass the budget on time ooo
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by GenAnsahCinC: 6:41pm On Feb 01, 2016
please how many candidates does Nigerian Army enlist into her SSC per State and DSS. thanks for your answers please how many candidates does Nigerian Army enlist into her SSC per State and DSS. thanks for your answers please how many candidates does Nigerian Army enlist into her SSC per State and DSS. thanks for your answers
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by Maverrick: 11:09am On Feb 10, 2016
Hello pals. I am a graduate of history and international relations and want to join the army...DSSC or SSC which one is relevant to the course.
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by GenAnsahCinC: 4:34am On Feb 12, 2016
all are relevant
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by cricifixo: 10:24am On Feb 13, 2016
Chief of Army Staff (COAS), Lt General Tukur
Buratai, has disclosed that the army will embark on an
ambitious expansion programme to address the
manpower needs of the force to respond appropriately
to contemporary threats to national security.
To this effect, Buratai said the army planned to
increase its personnel strength from its present
100,000 to slightly above 200,000 in the next eight
years.
The COAS, while delivering a lecture titled: ‘Nigerian
Army: Challenges and Future Perspectives,’ at the
National Defence College (NDC), Abuja, added that
12,000 personnel would be recruited in 2016 alone to
fill the vacancies created as a result of the new
establishments in the army.
He explained that the army’s expansion programme
was aimed at boosting its response capacity while
stressing that its capabilities to effectively deal with
its present challenges were however not in doubt.
According to him, the contemporary national security
needs and Nigeria’s territorial size require more than
what the army presently have in terms of personnel
strength.
Buratai noted that the citing of the Special Forces
Training Centre in Buni Yadi in Yobe State, which is
one of the theatres of the Boko Haram war, was an
indication of the army’s determination to end
insurgency.
In his lecture, Buratai identified Nigeria’s weak
industrial base, the effect of climate change on the
environment and Nigeria’s porous borders as some of
the factors fuelling armed conflict in Nigeria.
The army chief said the force would establish a new
division in Borno State.
He said the establishment of the 8 Division, Nigerian
Army, located in the northern part of Borno State,
was part of strategic plan by the army to boost
military operations against terrorists particularly in
areas around the Lake Chad Basin.
The Nigerian army under the then COAS, Lt-Gen.
Azubuike Ihejirika (rtd), in August 2013, established
the 7 Infantry Division in Maiduguri to boost the
military’s counter-insurgency operation in the North-
east.
Even though detail of the new establishment was not
disclosed, Buratai said the new division would soon
become fully operational with logistics and manpower
deployments.
The army chief also disclosed that plans were
underway to establish another division to be known as
the 6 Division, Nigerian Army, with Headquarters in yet
to be identified location in the South-south region of
the country.
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/nigerian-army-to-increase-personnel-strength-to-200-000/230288/
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by GenAnsahCinC: 6:37am On Feb 14, 2016
ansacareers.com
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by GenAnsahCinC: 6:38am On Feb 14, 2016
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by mimzy007(f): 9:56am On Feb 14, 2016
NAF is here

Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by illmatic101(m): 10:37am On Feb 14, 2016
mimzy007:
NAF is here

How sure are you?
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by mimzy007(f): 3:57pm On Feb 14, 2016
Are you kidding me? Did you read anything on the news paper image I posted?!
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by DirtyGold: 7:54am On Feb 15, 2016
mimzy007:
Don't mind that dude, his phone doesn't load pictures because he doesn't want to exhaust his free MB. grin grin grin

On a different note, Airforce DSSC awards Flying Officers (equivalent to Army Lieutenant 2Stars) as first rank right? Someone who actually knows should help me confirm please. Thanks y'all
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by mimzy007(f): 10:01am On Feb 15, 2016
Yes a Flying officer is the equivalent of a Lieutanant (2 stars). NAF has no equivalent for 2lt as in NA when it comes to short Service. The equivalent are Pilot officers and you only get that with RCs.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by DirtyGold: 10:16am On Feb 15, 2016
mimzy007:
Yes a Flying officer is the equivalent of a Lieutanant (2 stars). NAF has no equivalent for 2lt as in NA when it comes to short Service. The equivalent are Pilot officers and you only get that with RCs.
Thanks and promotion from one rank to the next is also 5 years, right?
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by SirJonse(m): 8:12pm On Feb 15, 2016
mimzy007:

Pls can I get the link/procedure to apply? Thanks
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by Nobody: 2:02pm On Feb 16, 2016
SirJonse:

Pls can I get the link/procedure to apply? Thanks

http://careers.nigerianairforce.gov.ng/

* Remember, it commences on the 18th of February, therefore it may not open until then.
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by Razakipaye: 5:02pm On Feb 16, 2016
rfrom d information reaching me nig army DSSC/SSC recruitment will b done every for years, dat was y d didn't sale form last year
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by SirJonse(m): 5:13pm On Feb 16, 2016
erooOluwa:

http://careers.nigerianairforce.gov.ng/

* Remember, it commences on the 18th of February, therefore it may not open until then.

Thanks bro
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by GenAnsahCinC: 9:30pm On Feb 16, 2016
DSSC promotion is every four years and their promotion is automatic. they don't write promotional exams. SSC/RC promotion is every 3.6 years and their promotion is not automatic. SSC /RC officers write promotional exams before getting promoted.
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by GenAnsahCinC: 9:32pm On Feb 16, 2016
does anyone here knows, can a DSSC officer in Nigerian Navy and Nigerian Airforce attain the rank of a two star general. i.e. Rear Admiral and Air Vice Marshal?
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by DirtyGold: 10:33am On Feb 17, 2016
GenAnsahCinC:
DSSC promotion is every four years and their promotion is automatic. they don't write promotional exams. SSC/RC promotion is every 3.6 years and their promotion is not automatic. SSC /RC officers write promotional exams before getting promoted.

Does his apply to Airforce as well?

and Airforce training is 9 months, right?
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by mimzy007(f): 1:43pm On Feb 17, 2016
DirtyGold:

Does his apply to Airforce as well?

and Airforce training is 9 months, right?
Yes it does, 4 years. NAF DSSC is a 6 months course.
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by PaulErungworo: 2:37pm On Feb 17, 2016
Hello prospective officers, pls I want to know in terms of remuneration, promotion and allowances, which of the Military (Air Force, Army and Navy) is the best.
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by DirtyGold: 3:14pm On Feb 17, 2016
mimzy007:
Yes it does, 4 years. NAF DSSC is a 6 months course.
Thanks. Four akaras for you grin
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by gwinzy(m): 4:12pm On Feb 17, 2016
@ Mimzy dearie which newspaper and on what date was this publication made? Pls if U can still remember just let me know cause I have archive of old papers I can check and post a clear pics. Thanks
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by Philadelphia: 5:07pm On Feb 17, 2016
Does one get paid during the 6 months course for DSSC? If yes, how much? Also, do you get a car after the 6 months training? What other allowances does one get after the 6 months course?
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by mimzy007(f): 5:12pm On Feb 17, 2016
Gwinzy long time. My dear it wasn't in the paper I learnt an officer took that pic to send to a friend waiting like the rest of us thats why it's the only pic flying around and other officers have been spreading the word with it , I don't know if it has been printed the papers yet But daily trust is your best bet.
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by Diflun: 9:40am On Feb 18, 2016
mimzy007:
Gwinzy long time. My dear it wasn't in the paper I learnt an officer took that pic to send to a friend waiting like the rest of us thats why it's the only pic flying around and other officers have been spreading the word with it , I don't know if it has been printed the papers yet But daily trust is your best bet.

Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by Nobody: 9:51pm On Feb 18, 2016
dear @mimzy007 i will like you to pls check out the new post by @Diflun to confirm its authenticity as it contains somehow diff info ( the opening reg date and more specialties e.g. MBBS) as the one you posted earlier. Pls note @mimzy007 that I hold ur infos in high regards as u seem to be well informed and committed to churning out reliable infos. However @Diflun l pray that yours is very true as it jst included my own specialty. cheesy smiley grin smiley cheesy
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by mimzy007(f): 9:23am On Feb 19, 2016
What Diflun posted is from the Daily trust newspaper which is the paper NAF usually uses. I personally haven't checked it out but I don't suspect any foul play there. You should know these things are subject to change. It could be that the change from what was to be printed originally is what has cancelled the plan for the 18th, it is not a big deal.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (69) (Reply)

Nigeria LNG Limited Announces 2022 Graduate Trainee Recruitment / Seplat Graduate Scheme 2018 / Updated-New Job Vacancies 2.0 '18

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.