Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,677 members, 7,862,117 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 09:01 AM

UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 - Education (1575) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 (2527627 Views)

UNIBEN Students In Class Formations Ahead Of Their Graduation / UNIBEN Students Generate “Supplementary” Income In The Hostel [PICS] / 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1572) (1573) (1574) (1575) (1576) (1577) (1578) ... (2146) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 by Nobody: 11:00am On Oct 03, 2015
Ray360:
I didn't really understand the JUPEB stuff until I read it minutes ago on Uniben's website. to be frank and candid, it's sensible and flexible. I was about regretting not sitting for it until it dawned on me that I had already been admitted. Robin, Pukkah, Lostsoul, Ksslib e.t.C why una no try am na. e make sense.

BTW, congratulations! Ebayray. go and succeed!

Thanks Sir
Re: UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 by swisscarter(m): 11:00am On Oct 03, 2015
Ebayray:

Lol, I feel on CLOUD 9nine... I feel ecstatic
Nice one gurl...now you can walk past your parents with your shoulders raised high! Congrats once again
Re: UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 by Venus007(f): 11:00am On Oct 03, 2015
Lol. Tobi, na u I dey wait 4.
Re: UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 by RobinHez(m): 11:00am On Oct 03, 2015
swisscarter:
No i do not "gamble". its online sports betting...lipsrsealed
that's the difference between 6 and half a dozen grin grin
Re: UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 by Nobody: 11:01am On Oct 03, 2015
[quote author=itfreda post=38623401][/quote]
Hi, itfreda.
Re: UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 by Venus007(f): 11:03am On Oct 03, 2015
Hrd its very tough tho. That they admit jst lyk 10 ppl into top courses like Med, Law nd Accounting into 200lvl, even after wasting two semesters nd a lot of money.
IceSplash:
yes
Re: UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 by Nobody: 11:03am On Oct 03, 2015
swisscarter:
Nice one gurl...now you can walk past your parents with your shoulders raised high! Congrats once again

Lol....
Thanks Sir.
Ma parents av always bin proud of me since 1000BC.
Lol, thanks for the encomiums @everyone. Make ma head nr too swell.
THANKS AGAIN!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 by swisscarter(m): 11:03am On Oct 03, 2015
RobinHez:

that's the difference between 6 and half a dozen grin grin
Meaning no diff? embarassed....oh well...am about to cash 35k+ so i dont want chelsea to "La F**k up"
Re: UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 by RobinHez(m): 11:04am On Oct 03, 2015
Ebayray:

Lol, dnt mind me o.
Am jes too overwhelmed.
i understand... wink
Re: UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 by RobinHez(m): 11:05am On Oct 03, 2015
i know its not only Ebere that wrote that exam here....make una dey hide u hear? angry

as we see something to celebrate today e no good abi?
Re: UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 by Ray360: 11:05am On Oct 03, 2015
In collaboration with the JOINT UNIVERSITIES PRELIMINARY EXAMINATIONS BOARD (JUPEB), the University of Benin invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the Foundation Programmes for the 2015/2016 Session. The Programme leads to the award of the Joint Universities Preliminary Examinations Board (JUPEB) Certificate which enables candidates to gain Direct Entry Admission into 200 level of the degrees offered by the University of Benin and other JUPEB – affiliated Universities in Nigeria and universities abroad. The JUPEB Certificate is equivalent to the Advance Level GCE or the Old Higher School Certificate (HSC) or IJMB. PROGRAMME DESCRIPTION Each candidate admitted into the programme will be exposed to an intensive academic work in three subject combinations relevant to their desired field of study. The subjects are broken into four courses labeled 001, 002, 003 & 004 with each candidate taking six courses per semester making a total of twelve courses at the end of the programme. In addition, candidates will also take at least two general studies courses (one per semester). Each course will be examined at the end of each semester but the results in all the courses taken will be merged at the end of the second semester to obtain a letter grade in each subject (i.e. A, B, C, D, E & F). The general studies to be chosen by each candidate will be based on general courses relevant to the field of study. For admission into the University of Benin and other JUPEB affiliate institutions, each candidate, in addition to passing the prescribed JUPEB examination for issuing the Direct Entry Certificates, must satisfy all admission requirements prescribed by departments and faculties of choice. ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS Candidates seeking admission into the JUBEP Foundation Programmes must possess minimum of 5 credit passes in at least five (5) subjects at “O” Level, including English language and Mathematics at not more than 2 sittings in the GCE, SSCE (WAEC, NECO, NABTEB).> The following Subject Combinations are available: NOTE: All the combinations above meet the entry requirements for direct admission into Degree Programmes in the University of Benin and other JUPEB affiliate Universities which include, OAU, UNILAG, UNN, UYO, FUTA, FUNAAB, etc. DURATION OF PROGRAMME The duration of the study is a minimum of one Academic Session of TWO SEMESTERS . It is strictly non-residential programme. MODE OF STUDY Face to face contact at the University of Benin or other designated venues. Lectures will be conducted from 3pm – 6pm, Monday to Friday. METHOD OF APPLICATION Interested candidates are to purchase application forms online from the university web site www.uniben.edu with valid VERVE VISA OR MASTERCARD ATM BANK CARD from any commercial bank in Nigeria for the non-refundable application fee of fifteen thousand naira (N15,000.00) The fee excludes bank charges. The Application form must be correctly filled with all information required before submitting online and thereafter printed out. ON the uniben website , 1. ) Click on the WAEUP PORTAL LINK 2. ) Click on the FOUNDATION PROGRAMME (JUPEB) APPLICATION 2015/2016 Link. 3. ) Click on REGISTER FOR APPLICATION and fill out application after reading instructions on the page 4. ) Upload a recent coloured passport size photograph (scanned, not more than 3 months old passport) with red background. Webcam photograph is not acceptable. 5. ) Submit the online application form and print out a copy of the examination schedule slip which should have your user name and password. NOTE: (i) Fill your Bio-Data correctly as no complaint about wrong bio-data will be entertained after submission. (ii) Candidates who upload wrong bio-data will be disqualified and forfeit application fee. (iii) Only coloured print out will be accepted. (iv) Print at least 4 copies of the University of Benin online registration form with complete passport size photograph printed in colour. (v) All candidates are required to use valid e- mail addresses and Telephone numbers. (vi) Candidates are to follow the application instructions very carefully and ensure they select the subject combinations relevant to their course of study
Re: UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 by Nobody: 11:05am On Oct 03, 2015
Venus007:
Hrd its very tough tho. That they admit jst lyk 10 ppl into top courses like Med, Law nd Accounting into 200lvl, even after wasting two semesters nd a lot of money.

Yeah, heard dat too
Re: UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 by Nobody: 11:05am On Oct 03, 2015
Ebayray:

Hi, itfreda.
congracts...ensure you work hard...jupeb is compared to A level program..its very competative expecially in benin because we lack facilitie...the exam was just to screen people..its your finale exam that determines if you will get law or not...so work very hard...congracts once more
Re: UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 by RobinHez(m): 11:06am On Oct 03, 2015
swisscarter:
Meaning no diff? embarassed....oh well...am about to cash 35k+ so i dont want chelsea to "La F**k up"

remember say i dey sell stuffs o grin

1 Like

Re: UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 by RobinHez(m): 11:07am On Oct 03, 2015
itfreda:

congracts...ensure you work hard...jupeb is compared to A level program..its very competative expecially in benin because we lack facilitie...the exam was just to screen people..its your finale exam that determines if you will get law or not...so work very hard...congracts once more

exactly!

see my Freda making sense! smiley
Re: UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 by Nobody: 11:08am On Oct 03, 2015
RobinHez:

i understand... wink

Lol, thanks again for all d scoldings, err... Corrections, for ur animated character n ur sometimes wicked nature. It's cool tho. Makes me Wish I had an elder Bro n nt a Lil one
Re: UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 by RobinHez(m): 11:08am On Oct 03, 2015
Ray360:
In
collaboration
with the
JOINT
UNIVERSITIES
PRELIMINARY
EXAMINATIONS BOARD (JUPEB), the University
of Benin
invites
applications
from suitably
qualified
candidates for

oga dis one na Prayer while in Hell!

e too late now grin
Re: UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 by Nobody: 11:09am On Oct 03, 2015
itfreda:

Yeah, thanks. I will do ma best n leave d rest to God
Re: UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 by Venus007(f): 11:10am On Oct 03, 2015
Yup. UNILAG's diploma takes jst abt 20 ppl out of over 500 for MBBS. Ur war jst started.... U should undisputedly take PUME's Law Admissn if u get it. Cos doing otherwise would be a great dumb risk.
Ebayray:

Yeah, heard dat too
Re: UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 by Nobody: 11:10am On Oct 03, 2015
RobinHez:

exactly!

see my Freda making sense! smiley
yhh..i have seen ppeople who took the exam without knowing what it meanlt...i tried explaining to one...they called me over sabi..you can imagine people who took the exam were calling it pre degree..anyhow sha..success to you Ebayray..
Re: UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 by Nobody: 11:11am On Oct 03, 2015
Venus007:
Yup. UNILAG's diploma takes jst abt 20 ppl out of over 500 for MBBS. Ur war jst started.... U should undisputedly take PUME's Law Admissn if u get it. Cos doing otherwise would be a great dumb risk.

OK ma. In case, uniben gives me Law in second batch, I'll take it
Re: UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 by Ray360: 11:11am On Oct 03, 2015
itfreda:

wait, will there be another exam after this? like another entry exam?
Re: UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 by Nobody: 11:12am On Oct 03, 2015
itfreda:

yhh..i have seen ppeople who took the exam without knowing what it meanlt...i tried explaining to one...they called me over sabi..you can imagine people who took the exam were calling it pre degree..anyhow sha..success to you Ebayray..

Kay Kay. Thanks ma
Re: UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 by honorwrites(f): 11:12am On Oct 03, 2015
Beauty + Brains= Ebayray

This child is unique
I jealous her kind
Really I do
grin

EbayrayBraniac I admire you jare
Success sweet o
Its law right?
I have a flare for law too, don't worry I'll Sneak
Inot law classes(remember to keep a seat for me sha o)
Congrats girl!
Re: UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 by Nobody: 11:12am On Oct 03, 2015
Venus007:
yhhh...D.E exam is very competative..can you imagine that uniben dont do medicine in diploma....even law self...
Re: UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 by Ray360: 11:13am On Oct 03, 2015
RobinHez:

oga dis one na Prayer while in Hell!

e too late now grin
baba, no mind me.. But, this Jupeb stuff, how the fees be like? I heard lectures will be for just 3hrs per day. 3- 6pm
Re: UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 by Nobody: 11:14am On Oct 03, 2015
honorwrites:
Beauty + Brains= Ebayray
This child is unique I jealous her kind Really I do grin
EbayrayBraniac I admire you jare Success sweet o Its law right? I have a flare for law too, don't worry I'll Sneak Inot law classes(remember to keep a seat for me sha o) Congrats girl!

Lol, sure Miss Abeokuta. Yes ma, its Law.
Re: UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 by Venus007(f): 11:14am On Oct 03, 2015
Lol. Shey? There are so many programs to gain adm now. PUME is stil d surest/safest way. Schl's are hungry 4 money. They make d screening cutoffs for these special programs low so that they'l make a lot of money 4rm their fees. Then at d end of d program, they'l admit only 10 out of 450 4 Med. SMH.
itfreda:

yhh..i have seen ppeople who took the exam without knowing what it meanlt...i tried explaining to one...they called me over sabi..you can imagine people who took the exam were calling it pre degree..anyhow sha..success to you Ebayra y..
Re: UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 by Ray360: 11:15am On Oct 03, 2015
Venus007:
WORD!

1 Like

Re: UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 by Venus007(f): 11:16am On Oct 03, 2015
Yea. Heard so. With time, they'l start it.
itfreda:

yhhh...D.E exam is very competative..can you imagine that uniben dont do medicine in diploma....even law self...
Re: UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 by Nobody: 11:16am On Oct 03, 2015
Ray360:

wait, will there be another exam after this? like another entry exam?
yhhh...and that is the most competative exam...D.E exam...this is an exam that does who did A Level,diploma,jupeb,and also ond people from polythenics...and they pick meagre..
Re: UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 by Nobody: 11:16am On Oct 03, 2015
Venus007:
Lol. Shey? There are so many programs to gain adm now. PUME is stil d surest/safest way. Schl's are hungry 4 money. They make d screening cutoffs for these special programs low so that they'l make a lot of money 4rm their fees. Then at d end of d program, they'l admit only 10 out of 450 4 Med. SMH.

Hmmn, really?!!!!
Make Uniben take time o

(1) (2) (3) ... (1572) (1573) (1574) (1575) (1576) (1577) (1578) ... (2146) (Reply)

National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.