Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,446 members, 7,816,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:57 PM

Best Place To Keep Your Car Spare Key - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Best Place To Keep Your Car Spare Key (15451 Views)

10 Major Mistakes You're Making When Changing Your Car Oil / 6 Steps To Jack Up Your Car Safely / How To Buy The Best Car Spare Parts For Your Vehicle! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Best Place To Keep Your Car Spare Key by Sunlad16(m): 6:55am On May 20, 2016
I keep my spare key inside my wallet cos my wallet is always inside my pocket.
Re: Best Place To Keep Your Car Spare Key by igraman(m): 6:56am On May 20, 2016
bank
Re: Best Place To Keep Your Car Spare Key by LEXYCOM: 7:00am On May 20, 2016
Inside the boot of the car.....
Re: Best Place To Keep Your Car Spare Key by Sunlad16(m): 7:02am On May 20, 2016
I keep my spare key inside my wallet cos my wallet is always inside my pocket.
colossus2:
Sometime ago, I think autosbay said one could put his spare key where your plate number is.
Just loosen the screw on the plate number, put the key behind the plate number, then screw it back.
I keep my spare key inside my wallet cos my wallet is always inside my pocket

i
Re: Best Place To Keep Your Car Spare Key by Gusy(m): 7:10am On May 20, 2016
at home is de best place to kip spare key,
Re: Best Place To Keep Your Car Spare Key by Reference(m): 7:11am On May 20, 2016
In your safe in your home study.
Re: Best Place To Keep Your Car Spare Key by adeyinkasegun(m): 7:16am On May 20, 2016
ZIMDRILL:

thats sounds stupid as well you would be subjecting the chip to elements of weather

safely home is the best and simple phone call wouldnt hurt to let someone bring it over the spare
but keeping d key @ home do u tink s d best? Av u tot of travel to a vry far joni! Or inter state joni! Bcs m toking frm xperience! I once travel an inter state joni & mistakingly lock d key inside car! & I tried all my posible best to no avail even call a lot of mechanical xpert if dey can open it frm window side bt to no avail. So d beter place I tink of s outside ur car,either under no plate or beneth ur car!
Re: Best Place To Keep Your Car Spare Key by adeyinkasegun(m): 7:17am On May 20, 2016
ZIMDRILL:

thats sounds stupid as well you would be subjecting the chip to elements of weather

safely home is the best and simple phone call wouldnt hurt to let someone bring it over the spare
but keeping d key @ home do u tink s d best? Av u tot of travel to a vry far joni! Or inter state joni! Bcs m toking frm xperience! I once travel an inter state joni & mistakingly lock d key inside car! & I tried all my posible best to no avail even call a lot of mechanical xpert if dey can open it frm window side bt to no avail.so I av to break d side glass b4 I can av access t d key, So d beter place I tink of s outside ur car,either under no plate or beneth ur car!
Re: Best Place To Keep Your Car Spare Key by fitinwell: 7:19am On May 20, 2016
[size=28pt]It's safer you keep your spare car keys.. In Google drive account. Or icloud. grin[/size]
Re: Best Place To Keep Your Car Spare Key by Nobody: 7:20am On May 20, 2016
In a bag of rice.
Re: Best Place To Keep Your Car Spare Key by joey150(m): 7:22am On May 20, 2016
People be asking yeye questions.

You are old enough to have a car,you should be sensible enough not to ask such questions.

My little cousin knows where to keep the remote to his toy car,how much adults!
Re: Best Place To Keep Your Car Spare Key by SHAIBULIAR: 7:26am On May 20, 2016
You no get gorodomu for house?abeg keep your things money key and other thing inside gorodomu nobody go know say something dey there

.#teamgorodomu
Re: Best Place To Keep Your Car Spare Key by SHAIBULIAR: 7:28am On May 20, 2016
joey150:

You are old enough to have a car,you should be sensible enough not to ask such questions.

kai walahi you are very wicked grin grin
Re: Best Place To Keep Your Car Spare Key by SHAIBULIAR: 7:28am On May 20, 2016
fitinwell:
[size=28pt]It's safer you keep your spare car keys.. In Google drive account. Or icloud. grin[/size]
mad man grin
Re: Best Place To Keep Your Car Spare Key by Kentursky(m): 7:30am On May 20, 2016
I keep mine in my wallet.
Re: Best Place To Keep Your Car Spare Key by sokera: 7:31am On May 20, 2016
In my brother's house, he stays close to me ...
Re: Best Place To Keep Your Car Spare Key by johnsonjosbles(m): 7:31am On May 20, 2016
Doyin4real:
Have you ever given it a thought about the best place where you can keep the spare keys to your car? Should be at home, in your office or inside the car itself? What is your own opinion about this? Safety and easy access (proximity) to key should be put into consideration.
inside soakaway if u ask me

1 Like

Re: Best Place To Keep Your Car Spare Key by kobonaire(m): 7:31am On May 20, 2016
Give it to your wife, GF, sibling, cousin .... but never your runs babe or pastor/imam
Re: Best Place To Keep Your Car Spare Key by rectitude(m): 7:40am On May 20, 2016
Good question, i kept mine with my mum and now she doesn't remember where she kept it.

1 Like

Re: Best Place To Keep Your Car Spare Key by johnsonjosbles(m): 7:40am On May 20, 2016
adeyinkasegun:
but keeping d key @ home do u tink s d best? Av u tot of travel to a vry far joni! Or inter state joni! Bcs m toking frm xperience! I once travel an inter state joni & mistakingly lock d key inside car! & I tried all my posible best to no avail even call a lot of mechanical xpert if dey can open it frm window side bt to no avail.so I av to break d side glass b4 I can av access t d key, So d beter place I tink of s outside ur car,either under no plate or beneth ur car!
everything abt u is to no avail. How can u tell me u have to break glass b4 u can acess key? No panel beater in that place? Even bullet proof car can be open by panelbeater witout key sef.
Re: Best Place To Keep Your Car Spare Key by iamauxin(m): 7:50am On May 20, 2016
All these guys suggesting putting the keys under the number plate n screwing up....are you guys giving car thieves clues? I don't understand.
Re: Best Place To Keep Your Car Spare Key by lonelydora: 8:11am On May 20, 2016
I keep mine in my drawer where my wife can easily reach it in case of emergency
Re: Best Place To Keep Your Car Spare Key by sixtus3606(m): 8:20am On May 20, 2016
colossus2:
Keep your spare at home wink

Rat go keep am for u wella grin

Maybe inside ceiling grin
Re: Best Place To Keep Your Car Spare Key by afanide: 8:24am On May 20, 2016
It's better you get a key finder incase you lose your keys.

4,500 ONLY
Re: Best Place To Keep Your Car Spare Key by SamOgasco(m): 8:56am On May 20, 2016
I think the best place to keep your car spare key is to drop it inside latrine or inside the suck away close to your house.... Abi no be so? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Best Place To Keep Your Car Spare Key by SamOgasco(m): 9:07am On May 20, 2016
joey150:

Lollllzzz Funny you. grin grin grin grin

Keep it up.
Re: Best Place To Keep Your Car Spare Key by SamOgasco(m): 9:09am On May 20, 2016
johnsonjosbles:
inside soakaway if u ask me

You just spoke my mind as well. Just that your comment/answer came in before mine ni....

1 Like

Re: Best Place To Keep Your Car Spare Key by SamOgasco(m): 9:14am On May 20, 2016
rectitude:
Good question, i kept mine with my mum and now she doesn't remember where she kept it.

grin grin grin So what is the purpose of giving it to your mum to keep it for you since she can't reproduced it back to your or request/demands again?

Omo you should have go and keep it inside your great great ancestor burial ground oooooooo. The best and the safest place for you to keep....

Abi no be so?
Re: Best Place To Keep Your Car Spare Key by loomer: 9:14am On May 20, 2016
Tie am around your neck
Re: Best Place To Keep Your Car Spare Key by SamOgasco(m): 9:15am On May 20, 2016
johnsonjosbles:
everything abt u is to no avail. How can u tell me u have to break glass b4 u can acess key? No panel beater in that place? Even bullet proof car can be open by panelbeater witout key sef.

Lolzzzzz! I wonder oooooooo
Re: Best Place To Keep Your Car Spare Key by Crixina(f): 9:23am On May 20, 2016
ZIMDRILL:

why would keep the spare key inside the car

one of the reason for a spare key is not to be locked out so if the car locks you out then the set is locked in

the best place is the same place you keep your other important things eg document like birth certificate etc
what if you are locked out in the middle of nowhere
For instance, by 11pm in one small village with no light and notorious for cannibalism, not to mention those ones that could rob for Africa.
Pls note, just when you are about to bring out your phone and make a call, kpom! Kpom! Kpom! Battery dead!
Lobatan!
Re: Best Place To Keep Your Car Spare Key by TS2(m): 10:05am On May 20, 2016
Raymie:
if yhu can manage to do that, yhur forgetfulness has reached alzheimer levels. That's why there's the welder down the street.

There are no welders on our streets here in banana island sha.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

World’s First Self-driving Race Car Completes Hillclimb Without A Driver In It / I Got An Accidented 2017 Accord / MY GOLF 3:how Do I Maintain It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.