Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,409 members, 7,815,904 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:40 PM

Nigerian Navy Takes Delivery Of Warship Donated By United States - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Navy Takes Delivery Of Warship Donated By United States (27790 Views)

Free Fruits Donated By Saudi Arabia To Nigerian IDPs Being Sold In Markets.Photo / Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index / The Hilux Vans Donated By Toyota Company To MNJTF Against Insurgency. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Navy Takes Delivery Of Warship Donated By United States by Samabu07(m): 9:35pm On Jan 02, 2015
Rich4god:
Okpabana... What a name...

Okpabana means Thunder in Idoma Language.
Re: Nigerian Navy Takes Delivery Of Warship Donated By United States by dhantey324(m): 9:35pm On Jan 02, 2015
duni04:

The fact that Tompolo, an ethnic militant leader, is buying any ships in the first place is cause for concern

Point of correction, he is an ex-ethnic militant leaer (abi Yar'adua no grant am amnesty?) And also NIMASA has claimed the receipt of the six ships...
Re: Nigerian Navy Takes Delivery Of Warship Donated By United States by mourinho18: 9:37pm On Jan 02, 2015
sule5727:
were is the picture of the warship?
if ask me na who i go ask ma broda
Re: Nigerian Navy Takes Delivery Of Warship Donated By United States by gbodimowo(m): 9:38pm On Jan 02, 2015
ILRNZH:
...... while Tompolo (Government) is acquiring tear rubber warships, Nigerian Navy dey collect scraps.....

The Corruption plan is beating the anti Corruption plan so far.

Oh sorry no anti Corruption plan yet.

undecided undecided undecided

Yes o I am coming up with a plan GEJ
Re: Nigerian Navy Takes Delivery Of Warship Donated By United States by oluwagream: 9:39pm On Jan 02, 2015
U.S and their funny way of Ridiculing Nigeria. Is It warship we need now? We're talking about counter-terrorism in the semi-desertic north-east, and they're bringing warship. We asked for helicopters, and armour tanks, drones, and sophisticated weapons, and they keep on dashing us things that can only work on water. I hope USA knows that "what goes around comes around".

Ogbeni Obama, give us what we asked for, or JUST LEAVE US!
Re: Nigerian Navy Takes Delivery Of Warship Donated By United States by Nobody: 9:42pm On Jan 02, 2015
Just look at that outdated clunker of a ship.

Nigerian government has no shame cry cry
Re: Nigerian Navy Takes Delivery Of Warship Donated By United States by bimp08: 9:55pm On Jan 02, 2015
useless nigeria...so its because of 2nd hand warship that u decided to be an oppresor. shocked OGA O....CHAI..2ND HAND WARSHIP OVER INNOCENT PALESTINIANS HONOUR AND FREEDOM
Re: Nigerian Navy Takes Delivery Of Warship Donated By United States by dabossman(m): 9:56pm On Jan 02, 2015
ILRNZH:

Nna think am na...

, the navy spent about 8.5 million dollars in refurbishing the vessel and emplacing its armaments

Must GEJ government refurbish everything? Train, Warship, FFK....

*rolling on the floor @FFK* Guy e too early for 2015 o. No kii me with lafta.
Re: Nigerian Navy Takes Delivery Of Warship Donated By United States by baraq86: 9:57pm On Jan 02, 2015
its so nice of US but it is also pertinent to note that US doesn't do something without been reserved. I suggest the warship under go clean sweep for bugs and also Nigeria should always ready for the pay back time..... #nothing goes for nothing
Re: Nigerian Navy Takes Delivery Of Warship Donated By United States by tunesoft(m): 10:13pm On Jan 02, 2015
US...dem fit don plant something for d ship we go dey monitor thinzz for here...or make sure say dem fit get to us any time...I no trust those guys at all at all...buh we no get choice naaa....
Re: Nigerian Navy Takes Delivery Of Warship Donated By United States by Nobody: 10:14pm On Jan 02, 2015
is this the payment for voting against palestinian state? gej the betrayal, your judgement is coming
Re: Nigerian Navy Takes Delivery Of Warship Donated By United States by robinsoncrosoe: 10:21pm On Jan 02, 2015
Jonathan For 2015

"Even though I have said it time and time again that the president should control his wife but there is something significant about Mr. President.

He is the first president without any ties to the military mafia. All his children are in schools here in Nigeria. You cannot come across a skyscraper in any corner of Nigeria and people will tell you it belongs to him; even a seven storey building.

I strongly believe that GEJ is a phenomenal change from before and if we cannot find a better, young alternative, then we must remain with him until we can groom someone better.

This is no time to go back to the military mafia and go back to our vomit"

- Prof. Wole Soyinka

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Navy Takes Delivery Of Warship Donated By United States by cap28: 10:21pm On Jan 02, 2015
This must be Nigeria's present for obeying the US's instructions about not voting in favour of a Palestinian state. The US also gave Nigeria an old second hand warship when we supported their illegal invasion and occupation of Libya, or is this the same old warship?
Nigeria is an unquestioning slave of the US.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Navy Takes Delivery Of Warship Donated By United States by cap28: 10:23pm On Jan 02, 2015
robinsoncrosoe:
Jonathan For 2015

"Even though I have said it time and time again that the president should control his wife but there is something significant about Mr. President.

He is the first president without any ties to the military mafia. All his children are in schools here in Nigeria. You cannot come across a skyscraper in any corner of Nigeria and people will tell you it belongs to him; even a seven storey building.

I strongly believe that GEJ is a phenomenal change from before and if we cannot find a better, young alternative, then we must remain with him until we can groom someone better.

This is no time to go back to the military mafia and go back to our vomit"

- Prof. Wole Soyinka

Gej must have deposited some funds into his account.
Re: Nigerian Navy Takes Delivery Of Warship Donated By United States by vislabraye(m): 10:56pm On Jan 02, 2015
I wish the Navy had rejected it. This is rubbish. They refused to sell to us what we asked for and now they are giving us second hand warship.

We should have rejected it, after all, they are not buying our oil so what worse thing should we expect?
Re: Nigerian Navy Takes Delivery Of Warship Donated By United States by donmalcolm21(m): 11:01pm On Jan 02, 2015
These are the benefits of not supporting Palestine Vote. Can Palestine independence benefit Nigeria in any way.
Re: Nigerian Navy Takes Delivery Of Warship Donated By United States by deavicky(m): 11:03pm On Jan 02, 2015
Rich4god:
Okpabana... What a name...
I do believeit it is named with my dialect becos okpabana means thunder in my language
Re: Nigerian Navy Takes Delivery Of Warship Donated By United States by Fellywood(m): 11:05pm On Jan 02, 2015
bimp08:
useless nigeria...so its because of 2nd hand warship that u decided to be an oppresor. shocked OGA O....CHAI..2ND HAND WARSHIP OVER INNOCENT PALESTINIANS HONOUR AND FREEDOM
Stop being an I.DIOT with your motor-park-tout APC & stop spreading false rumour. The NN bought that war ship brand new & its the first ever- built combined diesel & gas digital war ship. Its NOT donated by US, Nigerian Navy BOUGHT it.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Navy Takes Delivery Of Warship Donated By United States by cap28: 11:22pm On Jan 02, 2015
who is this fool? undecided
Re: Nigerian Navy Takes Delivery Of Warship Donated By United States by DaGC(m): 11:43pm On Jan 02, 2015
mojounited:

When it comes to issues regarding the Nigerian defense industry, one can only get detailed information and informed comments from experienced analysts on beegeagle's blog, not from amateurs on NL. Abeg o, some ignorant folks need to stick to their PDP vs APC brouhaha.

Imagine some people asking if a 3,250 ton Navy ship with helipad was upgraded with $8.5 million..A ship that "was once fitted with harpoon anti ship missiles, torpedoes, anti aircraft missiles , a 76 mm gun and other gadgets that complement a 3,250 ton frigate".

You lot need to research how much complete armament and control systems with real-time datalink technology and radar would cost before making uninformed comments. Do y'all even know how much a new frigate would cost?

Geez!!! Thank you!!! I was shocked at the ignorance of so many nairalanders. $8.5M and a whole lotta them are shouting foul play. Ignorant people trying to sound smart. Honestly I'm not the insultive type but I think a lot of nairalanders are dumb f.ucks.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Navy Takes Delivery Of Warship Donated By United States by victree007(m): 12:18am On Jan 03, 2015
Handsomeemmy:
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/174155-nigerian-navy-takes-delivery-of-new-warship-donated-by-united-states.html?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

Although the ship was a donation, the Nigerian
Navy spent about $8.5 million refurbishing the
vessel and emplacing its armaments. How can a ship that was donated be refurbished with a whopping $8.5 million abeg how much for new one wey we come dey accept China phone I mean China Ship from US. Well stealing is not corruption sha
Re: Nigerian Navy Takes Delivery Of Warship Donated By United States by eddy4naija: 12:27am On Jan 03, 2015
abeg i don tire 4 all dis canoes dem dey give us, dem no fit dash us aircraft carrier too
Re: Nigerian Navy Takes Delivery Of Warship Donated By United States by Nobody: 12:29am On Jan 03, 2015
Whatever good the USA as a nation gives to Nigeria the people will always look for means to talk it down. Y'all bunch of primitive people!
Re: Nigerian Navy Takes Delivery Of Warship Donated By United States by dragon2(m): 12:53am On Jan 03, 2015
DaGC:

Geez!!! Thank you!!! I was shocked at the ignorance of so many nairalanders. $8.5M and a whole lotta them are shouting foul play. Ignorant people trying to sound smart. Honestly I'm not the insultive type but I think a lot of nairalanders are dumb f.ucks.

Don't be too harsh. smiley Many don't even know that a single tomahawk cruise missile cost $1.5 million.
A nuclear attack sub cost $2Billion. A brand new 'Heavy' Frigate cost $500-$700 million dollars, while light Frigates cost $200million. More importantly recapitalisation does not start with New frigates but rather old ones so as to get the men back to sea,there, fighting doctrines can be created and ship acquired based on these doctrines.
But' for those that want to see new ships.

Below is NNS unity and NNS centenary. ..tear rubber Nigerian frigates coming home soon.

Re: Nigerian Navy Takes Delivery Of Warship Donated By United States by DaBullIT(m): 1:27am On Jan 03, 2015
The level of stewpidity being displayed by e-nigerians is alarming , I know that cluelessness spreads especially if you worship , obey / listen to lies from clueless at the top , what I didn't know is that it became an airborne infection

Muurfuckas here said USA did not care about Nigeria , Instead of saying thank you for the gesture , I'm reading comments like " they should sweep for bugs"." I do not trust USA " . " Tompolo buying tear rubber , Nigerian Navy collecting scraps ".

When will that mentality change ? USA sent soldiers , offered to help Nigeria , gives incentives and grants and then again you still say US is Nigeria's enemy. Correct your evil dark thoughts , stop reasoning like a Nigerian , start thinking like a human being

Some Mùmú people argued with me a few months ago that the USA does not care about Nigeria ,

They blamed USA for Nigeria's woes and even for GEJ's clueless ness

USA just proved you wrong again , but some of the comments are so disappointing

simplemach:
I dont trust US oooo...!
Ilekeh:
Donated and equipped with spying wires abi?

Nigerians are not smart people.

You ever wonder why USA DONATES such equipment to undeveloped countries?
chesterlee:
They should make sure they embark on a total debugging of the ship.

I don't trust the US...
IGBOSON1:
They should give it a clean-sweep for bugs! lipsrsealed
. I doubt that the joint army staff will be having thier meetings in that ship , i also doubt that the ship will be docked / anchored at Aso Vila , bugs in the ship is useless , you reasoned with your yansh

chelseabmw:
Nothing goes for nothing when it comes to US issues
. The same thing you and other clueless people said when USA brought their soldiers and offered to help against boko haram , In reality stop reasoning like a baboon

natureblack:
Americans with crafty gestures ....
. Stop thinking like a Nigerian , start thinking like a human being

ILRNZH:
...... while Tompolo (Government) is acquiring tear rubber warships, Nigerian Navy dey collect scraps.....

The Corruption plan is beating the anti Corruption plan so far.

Oh sorry no anti Corruption plan yet.

undecided undecided undecided
. I know you don't like Clueless administration , I added your quote because you said tompolo bought tear nylon , in reality he didn't buy tear nylon , he bought decommissioned / considered old or outdated for use in Norway and I bet the instruction manual is not in English

sauceny:
The topic should have been "America dumps another outdated WARSHIP in Nigeria,cos we have no choice"...
Nigeria is on the verge of economic collapse , you were gifted a ship at this perilous time and this is how you think ? Shame on you

9jvirgin:
PDP, How Market? Warship! When soldiers are dismissed and sentenced to death simply because they asked for guns to fight. smiley clowns cheesy
Soldiers dismissed and sentenced to death ? You don't know if those soldiers are the saboteurs , people don't just get dismissed , killed or sentenced to death , there's something else and NA is not telling us

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Navy Takes Delivery Of Warship Donated By United States by caesaraba(m): 3:12am On Jan 03, 2015
DaBullIT:

Stop reasoning like a Nigerian , start thinking like a human being.

Quote of the morning.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Navy Takes Delivery Of Warship Donated By United States by neocortex: 5:01am On Jan 03, 2015
9jvirgin:
PDP, How Market? Warship! When soldiers are dismissed and sentenced to death simply because they asked for guns to fight. smiley clowns cheesy

Which guns are they asking for be specific. Are you saying that Nigerian soldiers have been fighting Boko haram with bow and arrow all these days.
Re: Nigerian Navy Takes Delivery Of Warship Donated By United States by igbo2011(m): 5:27am On Jan 03, 2015
Why can't we build our own warships and military equipment? I thought we were the giant of Africa.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Navy Takes Delivery Of Warship Donated By United States by onadana: 5:52am On Jan 03, 2015
How about donating....imagine...donating....a Tomahawk cruise ship,donating a cobra helicopter,drones,M15 riffles,marines......mor.....ons.
Re: Nigerian Navy Takes Delivery Of Warship Donated By United States by SeanDada1(m): 6:21am On Jan 03, 2015
US govt plz gives us cobra helicopters to level up boko haram in 2weeks.

Re: Nigerian Navy Takes Delivery Of Warship Donated By United States by Nobody: 6:24am On Jan 03, 2015
all4naija:
Whatever good the USA as a nation gives to Nigeria the people will always look for means to talk it down. Y'all bunch of primitive people!
we begged them to sell cobra helicopters for us to fight boko haram dat is killin innocent nigerians on a daily basis BUT they refused, so where is the love/good from usa u r talkin abt?
Re: Nigerian Navy Takes Delivery Of Warship Donated By United States by GogetterMD(m): 6:38am On Jan 03, 2015
cytellProperty:
Your information is not correct. N.N.S.S ARADU was never donated by the USA. It was bought from Germany. So correct your information.
True talk. NNS ARADU was a purchase by the Nigerian govt for her Navy, NNS THUNDER was a donation from the United States Coast Guard

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari Didn't Appoint Me To Head Transition Committee - Bakare / Ben Murray-Bruce -Thank God For Abacha, "Joke Or Fact".(pic) / Eyitayo Jegede Arrives His Polling Unit To Cast His Vote(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.