Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,051 members, 7,814,605 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:59 PM

GEJ: Stop Making Policies in churches - - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ: Stop Making Policies in churches - (1236 Views)

Buhari To Nigerian Elites: "Stop Making Expensive Demands" / FASHOLA Tells GEJ: Stop Losing 400,000 Barrels Of Crude Oil Daily / GEJ: Stop Giving Policies In Churches - (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

GEJ: Stop Making Policies in churches - by iluvnaija: 8:10pm On Jan 02, 2015
By Abiyamọ

Goodluck Jonathan, Nigeria's churchiest president. The Nigerian President is one of Nigeria's major problems & I have my reasons. He is a very divisive ruler. He clearly drives a wedge amongst Nigerians using religion. In a tensed nation where we have suffered a lot from religious madness & still suffering now, it is the greatest disservice of any president to use religion as a tool of division. Jonathan has done that & he keeps doing it. A good Nigerian leader will make everyone have a sense of belonging without tilting too much to the right or left. The whole world knows that Jonathan is a Christian & no one says he should not practice his faith but in a nation that is constitutionally secular, a wise leader knows where to draw the line, afterall, his religion is his private business. What are my reasons?

-Goodluck Ebele Jonathan is not the first Nigerian Christian leader but there has been no time in Nigeria's history that this great nation has been so bitterly divided on religious lines. Many are simply supporting GEJ because he is a Christian not that he has done anything reasonable; even Jesus will not be proud of a Christian failure. I am just happy that not all Nigerians are falling for his trick. Nnamdi Azikiwe, JTU Aguiyi-Ironsi, Yakubu Gowon, Olusegun Obasanjo & Ernest Shonekan were all heads of state not one of them visited Israel. Jonathan wants us to believe that he is the only good Christian leader & he has gone to Israel (the first Nigerian head of state ever to do so, that is perfectly fine but not at the expense of national harmony) where he openly displays his love & affection for the Israeli PM & which cleric has he not taken to Israel? Is it Pappy Oritsejafor whose jet was caught in a dirty deal or Oyedepo who once handed out a dirty slap to a poor Nigerian lady? The undue noise & publicity he gives his religious trips are totally uncalled for, they are irrelevant. How many world leaders have you seen doing pilgrimage in Israel/Mecca & broadcasting it publicly to their people? And who is funding his religious visits? Is Nigeria not secular? Is it not with the taxes paid by Nigerians of all faiths? Obama is a Baptist Christian but come on. What would Nigerians say if a Muslim leader is always gallivanting in Palestine with Mahmoud Abbas? Or always off to Mecca all the time and sending photos home of him and all the sheikhs of Mecca? Wetin Nigerians go talk? That's one.

-Two, why are his advisers and assistants especially Doyin Okupe, Reno Omokri & Reuben Abati always quoting Bible verses on their social media pages while addressing Nigerians? They always write Bible verses & use them to curse enemies of the President or curry useless sympathies. What nonsense is that? How will Nigerians react if Muslim assistants of a president are always writing Quran verses on their pages? GEJ's camp has not come up with any reasonable thing to tackle the opposition but to call them Islamists. How does that make sense? Jonathan sees everything as a religious war, oh, the north does not like me, they are against me bla bla. Chibok is a Christian town, if GEJ so loves Christians that much, why are our girls still missing? What did he say in Paris during the Africa security summit? He said he was going to build stronger walls for Chibok girls school. Just imagine!

-Three, why is Jonathan always announcing government policies inside churches? Does he think he was voted into office by Christians alone? Or his only audience are Nigerian Christians? Imagine if Yar'adua was always announcing government policies at the National Mosque every Friday after prayers? Won't some Nigerians scream he is Islamizing Nigeria? As a wise leader, you pray without any noise & get out. There is virtually no church in Abuja that Oga Ade has not visited. So what is the use of the Aso Rock Chapel? He actually said that every last Sunday of the month now, he will be worshipping outside Aso Rock. Listen to him, he said: “Traditionally, we have the State House Chapel where I worship every Sunday. If we do not have the chapel, probably I would have been here one or two times before this time. This year, we have decided that from now onward, until I leave the State House, every last Sunday of the month, I will go to different churches. The reasons are very obvious, not because if I worship in the State House, I am not worshiping God. But I feel that it is good for me to go round and continue to appreciate what our brothers and sisters have been doing.” How does that create jobs? If you worship on Olumo Rock or go to Mecca, how does that strengthen the falling naira? The Catholic Church has advised him to stop his gallivanting & face his job but mba. I will elaborate on this:

Yesterday, he was at the Dunamis International Gospel Centre, Area 1, Garki, Abuja for New Year celebrations & it was there that he was telling Nigerians that he will be rolling out an anticorruption plan and how he will defeat Boko Haram. For heaven's sake, when did you see Obama at the Washington National Cathedral explaining how his government will capture Osama? Is Jonathan the only Christian leader on earth? I am not done.

Just last week, he and his wife were at the St. Matthew's Anglican Church, Abuja for a special Christmas service. Instead of him to celebrate & go home, no, he took the mic and issued a warning to politicians over 2015 elections. Why always talk politics inside the church, is nothing sacred anymore? What if a Muslim president is talking politics inside the National Mosque every week?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: GEJ: Stop Making Policies in churches - by iluvnaija: 8:12pm On Jan 02, 2015
In March 2013, there was national outrage. Why? It was once again about Jonathan & his churchy things. The sum of N6 billion was donated for his St. Stephen's Anglican Deanery and Youth Development Centre in Otuoke, his hometown. N6 billion naira. Prince Arthur Eze who was cursing Igbos some days ago if they don't support Jonathan donated N1.8 billion that day & Akpabio dropped N230 million on behalf of PDP governors who later said they were not aware before Akpabio donated. And where did all that money come from? State money? Personal pockets? Where did they get it from? The building itself was donated to Jonathan by Gitto Construzioni Generali Nigeria Limited, an Italian construction firm which incidentally was the same company that benefitted from Goodluck when he was Bayelsa governor. You gerrit, right?

The next month (April 2013), Jonathan was at the opening of Paul Adefarasin's N13.4 billion 9,000-capacity Rock Cathedral of House on the Rock in Lekki, Lagos. He is yet to commission a world-class hospital his government built o or even have town hall meetings with Nigerian villagers & discuss with them.

We remember when he was off to the RCCG for help, always running from pillar to post. Tunde Bakare said: “Kneeling before Adeboye was a clear campaign tactic which also diminishes the president & his office. Jonathan has signalled the the commencement of his presidential campaign by going to kneel down before Pastor Adeboye. See, I am not saying that pastors should not pray for the president but Jonathan is a symbol of an institution known as the presidency. He cheapened the institution by prostrating before a man of God because of perceived political advantage he thinks he can get. By going to kneel down in the open before the pastor, the man (Jonathan) did not even recognise the dignity of his office. If it were a private thing, it is okay for you to crawl or kneel but it is a whole nation. That office has been diminished by a man who does not know the worth of it and does not deserve to stay there for one more day”

He has gone to so many churches that many Nigerians actually don't know Jonathan's denomination. He has been to Living Faith Church of Pastor Abioye. Cathedral Church of the Advent, Life Camp nko? He has been there too.

I know some sentimental people will take this as an anti-Christianity thing but intelligent Nigerians all of faiths will get my drift and will be worried by Jonathan's churchy trends. When Eze donated almost N2 billion that time to Jonathan's home church, Chief Ayo Adebanjo said, “This type of uncaring attitude is now synonymous with these people. It goes a long way to show their brazen display of nonchalance towards how the people feel. How can you explain the fact that a single individual donated nearly N2 billion? It is unimaginable. Before such a person will cough out that much, he must have benefitted about ten times of that from the system either by award of contract, oil blocks or even undue waivers. I just hope they will stop this because it has a way of infuriating the people. I’m a Christian but I believe Christians too should be above board.”

Attending churches, mosques or Okija shrine is not tantamount to competence. Chinese leaders don't even go to church but we see their progress. We think we are religious but we are just deceiving ourselves. What has come of his visit to TB Joshua's collapsed church? And you just watch to see how Jonathan will keep displaying his incompetence & utter discombobulation, as elections get closer, he will visit more & more churches & he will continue to be milked by streetwise clerics. I don't have to mention their names. You all know them, they keep deceiving him to feather their own nests. Looting & praying, who are we deceiving? I have said my mind.

https://m.facebook.com//photos/a.371316862978903.1073741827.370495769727679/660725970704656/?type=1

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: GEJ: Stop Making Policies in churches - by KenJak(m): 8:13pm On Jan 02, 2015
THE WRITER SEEM LIKE AN ANTI-CHRIST.
Actually, this thing would have made much sense had it been God was not belittled. Anyway Jonathan is known to gadding about before. Going to different churches everytime is nonsense,he should just glue to one. But the fact remain that NO MATTER HOW WELL HE ATTENDS DIFFERENT CHURCHES, HE STILL RETAIN HIS POST AS THE MOST WORST AND CORRUPT PRESIDENT WE'VE EVER HAD IN NIGERIA HISTORY.

2 Likes

Re: GEJ: Stop Making Policies in churches - by Nobody: 8:17pm On Jan 02, 2015
Did jonathan go to church to motivate christains to kill muslims unlike ur hero or encourage violence?

3 Likes

Re: GEJ: Stop Making Policies in churches - by alabiyemmy(m): 8:19pm On Jan 02, 2015
Nonsense as usual.

1 Like

Re: GEJ: Stop Making Policies in churches - by scribble: 8:19pm On Jan 02, 2015
Pls let Jonathan go to church

If u don't like it you can always dine with dracula

4 Likes

Re: GEJ: Stop Making Policies in churches - by Nobody: 8:21pm On Jan 02, 2015
Thumbs up ..very correct..

6 Likes

Re: GEJ: Stop Making Policies in churches - by omenka(m): 8:35pm On Jan 02, 2015

Two, why are his advisers and assistants
especially Doyin Okupe, Reno Omokri & Reuben
Abati always quoting Bible verses on their social
media pages while addressing Nigerians?

They always write Bible verses & use them to curse enemies of the President or curry useless
sympathies. What nonsense is that? How will
Nigerians react if Muslim assistants of a
president are always writing Quran verses on
their pages?

GEJ's camp has not come up with any reasonable thing to tackle the opposition but
to call them Islamists.
How does that make
sense?

Jonathan sees everything as a religious
war, oh, the north does not like me, they are
against me bla bla. Chibok is a Christian town, if
GEJ so loves Christians that much, why are our
girls still missing?

What did he say in Paris during the Africa security summit? He said he was going to build stronger walls for Chibok girls school. Just imagine!
Oh God!! I wish I could see the author is this article right now!! I swear he deserves my next salary!!!

@ Seun. I know you know I know you don't like me, but I beg you in the name of the God you worship, if this be the only favour you'd do me this year, I don't mind. I desperately wish we could have this on the fp. It's a desperate plea.
Thanks.

Cc: Obinoscopy & Lalasticlala.

11 Likes

Re: GEJ: Stop Making Policies in churches - by Nobody: 8:50pm On Jan 02, 2015
The OP should edit the 'Subject' 'header'
Or the moderator should edit it to a suitable sensational one for FP purpose, thank you.
Cc seun FP please!
Re: GEJ: Stop Making Policies in churches - by bodejohn(m): 8:55pm On Jan 02, 2015
The topic of this thread crossed my mind some few days back although I think the occupant of the office president should not be called a bigot.

I keep saying this and I am afraid this is how trouble starts. Our political leaders both in the ruling party and the opposition are sowing seeds of discord by subtly crying minority and dividing Nigerians along ethnic and religious lines.

The other day, some bishops in the south east said they will not vote for a governorship candidate if his deputy is not from their denomination. The governorship aspirant is already a Christian.

Whether we like it or not, power will one day rotate to the hands of the people that we freely call unprintable names...that is when we will get paid back in the coins we once served them.

1 Like

Re: GEJ: Stop Making Policies in churches - by Nobody: 9:08pm On Jan 02, 2015
I have always known that.

Never have i seen a divided Nigeria like the one we now have under the clueless one
Re: GEJ: Stop Making Policies in churches - by Collynzo9: 9:15pm On Jan 02, 2015
You want to know the real people dividing Nigeria? Stoking fire here and there, creating problems where there is none and then point fingers when it begins to burn?

Yorubas
www.thenigerianvoice.com/news/138889/1/sanusi-words-on-marble-yorubas-are-the-problem-wit.html

1 Like

Re: GEJ: Stop Making Policies in churches - by vedaxcool(m): 9:22pm On Jan 02, 2015
as elections get closer, he will visit more & more churches & he will continue to be milked by streetwise clerics. I don't have to mention their names. You all know them, they keep deceiving him to feather their own nests. Looting & praying, who are we deceiving? I have said my mind.

Lol grin grin na we dey advise jona about how everybody dey chop am imm no wan listen!

1 Like

Re: GEJ: Stop Making Policies in churches - by vedaxcool(m): 9:26pm On Jan 02, 2015
Collynzo9:
You want to know the real people dividing Nigeria? Stoking fire here and there, creating problems where there is none and then point fingers when it begins to burn?

Yorubas
www.thenigerianvoice.com/news/138889/1/sanusi-words-on-marble-yorubas-are-the-problem-wit.html

Another jonathan's minion that is used for promoting division and bigotry! The article mentions specifically jonathan, not his ethnicity or anything, yet in your weak mind u feel that tribalizing the thread would save the Jonathan the whiplash he got from this article.

3 Likes

Re: GEJ: Stop Making Policies in churches - by Kororugged231: 9:27pm On Jan 02, 2015
[s]
Collynzo9:

Yorubas
[/s]

Fools like you deserve nothing but painful death. A tribal bigot that hates anything Yoruba or North, you are a shame to all Amadis. Gosh.

1 Like

Re: GEJ: Stop Making Policies in churches - by Yhinkss(m): 9:30pm On Jan 02, 2015
Thanks a lot for your indepth analysis. I am a christian and a dedicated one but not so blinded bu someones tricky play.
This is the problem of Africans, but I think making statement in church and church prostitution because of personal and clueless brain is an insult to presidency and an insult to the collective inteligence of Nigerians. I can see beyond religion and ethnicity and all I can say is that we all send away this continous embarrassment to our country, because am even tired of the man.
Infact, certificate or education does not translate to intelligence

3 Likes

Re: GEJ: Stop Making Policies in churches - by tit(f): 9:32pm On Jan 02, 2015
Buhari should stop going to church to pick his running mates!
First he went to one kain church to get Bakare
now he is going to redeem to pick the dwarf osinbajo.
next when je realizes catholick is the biggest christain
he will go to pick okojie as running mate in 2019
Re: GEJ: Stop Making Policies in churches - by luvmijeje(f): 9:43pm On Jan 02, 2015
Three, why is Jonathan always announcing government policies inside churches? Does he think he was voted into office by Christians alone? Or his only audience are Nigerian Christians? Imagine if Yar'adua was always announcing government policies at the National Mosque every Friday after prayers? Won't some Nigerians scream he is Islamizing Nigeria? As a wise leader, you pray without any noise & get out. There is virtually no church in Abuja that Oga Ade has not visited. So what is the use of the Aso Rock Chapel?

Jonathan has set the wrong precedent. Buhari never did 0.0001 of what Jonathan is doing but some foolish group of animals are shouting that he wants to islamise Nigeria. So what now is Jonathan doing? He is busy christianizing Nigeria. They can never accept it but they are doing it to others.

In 2015, he must go back to his village. He has done more than enough.

3 Likes

Re: GEJ: Stop Making Policies in churches - by LogicPower(m): 9:59pm On Jan 02, 2015
iluvnaija:

We remember when he was off to the RCCG for help, always running from pillar to post. Tunde Bakare said: “Kneeling before Adeboye was a clear campaign tactic which also diminishes the president & his office. Jonathan has signalled the the commencement of his presidential campaign by going to kneel down before Pastor Adeboye. See, I am not saying that pastors should not pray for the president but Jonathan is a symbol of an institution known as the presidency. He cheapened the institution by prostrating before a man of God because of perceived political advantage he thinks he can get. By going to kneel down in the open before the pastor, the man (Jonathan) did not even recognise the dignity of his office. If it were a private thing, it is okay for you to crawl or kneel but it is a whole nation. That office has been diminished by a man who does not know the worth of it and does not deserve to stay there for one more day”

I cannot thank the author of this brilliant piece enough for reminding us of this bluntly honest remark by Pastor Bakare.

In this our modern times, even in countries where the citizens are 100% Christians, you cannot find any leader that would disgrace the office of the country's presidency by embarrassingly kneeling down at the feet of a pastor of the country, and in such cluelessless manner, just in order to cynically get some political gains out of it.

And as Pastor Bakare rightly predicted, and as cataloged in this excellent piece, that shameless incident heralded a pattern of a blatant pandering to the church by GEJ, which has never ceased from that time.

And worse still, and again as pointed out by this author, GEJ and his goons often accompany this shameless pandering to the church with deliberately designed publicity gimmicks that are aimed at EMPHASIZING that he is Christian president, not at all minding how dangerous that particular portrayal would be to our national unity; and also not minding that he would need the votes of 'the others' to stand any chance of being reelected.

So as many well-meaning Nigerians, including OBJ and this author have been lamenting, GEJ will go down in our history as the most divisive president Nigeria ever had.

2 Likes

Re: GEJ: Stop Making Policies in churches - by tola9ja: 10:03pm On Jan 02, 2015
You see, if you know the history of this country to some extent, you will just be looking at everything like a drama because you know history will repeat itself. Look, when I see people like Asari Dokubo making mouth, I just shake my head & enjoy his comedy. The same man who so loved his people that he sited his private university in Benin Republic. Anyway, take a good look at this man in the picture. His name is DANIEL KANU, and you see the YEAA on his shirt? It stood for Youths Earnestly Ask For Abacha. He was the National Coordinator of YEAA and made tons of money campaigning for Abacha. He organized the infamous 2-million march for General Sani Abacha in Abuja in 1998.

Abacha was preparing to succeed himself & become a civilian president & he needed greedy youths like this guy to blow the lies & spread the propaganda on his behalf. You can see the same hungry youths everywhere on social media today & they think it is everyone that is hungry like them. The only difference is that there was no Facebook or Twitter during Abacha's time. It was that same time the same Prince Arthur Eze who was cursing Igbos who don't support Jonathan some days ago & Arisekola Alao were saying it was either Abacha or Nigeria would break. They said Abacha was sent by God & pushed the man so tey until they pushed him to his grave. Today, the same Eze is donating billions to GEJ and is saying it is either Ebele or Nigeria will fall. Tah!

Daniel Kanu did his job well and he even said that they would die if Abacha did not succeed himself. But Abacha died & Kanu did not kill himself o. As I am writing this, the dude is still alive, enjoying the money. So when you see Asari-Dokubo making mouth that Nigeria will collapse, he will bomb bla bla bla, just ignore him. After Jonathan's loss, he will be the first to run from Nigeria, & where is he going to run to? Benin Republic of course, and that is why he is already setting up all his most important investments there. Nigeria is just a place for him to make money, it is all business for him & other militant leaders who keep shouting they will break Nigeria. They know they cannot survive in a sane Nigeria, they depend on either violence or government patronage to survive. They are no talented wealth-making geniuses. The same Tompolo that is making mouth today ran into hiding when Yar'adua sent warplanes to bomb Gbaramatu Kingdom. Do not worry your head when people say ah, Nigeria will break up, Nigeria will not survive...bleh! They have been saying that since 19 gbogboro. Whoever wins, Nigeria will stand. Nigeria is bigger than Buhari or Jonathan. One man cannot change anything. All of us must come together & do the right thing.

Look around the world, you can count the number of nations that actually broke up, it is not a common occurrence, it is rare. Presidents will come and go, our fatherland will remain because resilience is what defines the Nigerian spirit. We have seen the worst of all: a civil war. I am not just a Nigerian by birth or mouth, my very soul is Nigerian & it transcends the empty words of boastful creek warlord. If anything happens to any politician today, Nigeria continues, life continues, Yar'adua died, nothing happened, very few people even remember Tura'i today, that's life. Do not worry your head over nothing. There will be peace. By the way, I want to ask you to do me a favour. Please na beg I dey beg: GO GET YOUR PVC, and I don't mean polyvinyl chloride, you know what I mean. Thank you

Image credits: Richard Akinnola II

To know more about Abacha and what Daniel Kanu did, read the full story
, click: http://www.naijarchives.com/sani-abacha-nigerias-enigmatic…/

1 Like

Re: GEJ: Stop Making Policies in churches - by Ngwakwe: 10:08pm On Jan 02, 2015

(1)

Student Jailed For ‘insulting’ Kenyan President On Facebook / Pictures: Extremely Massive Croud At APC Rally In JOS / Why Elections Are Rigged In Nigeria - Jega

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.