Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,051 members, 7,814,611 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:07 PM

FASHOLA Tells GEJ: Stop Losing 400,000 Barrels Of Crude Oil Daily - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FASHOLA Tells GEJ: Stop Losing 400,000 Barrels Of Crude Oil Daily (1770 Views)

Your Prayers Cannot Take Us Out Of Recession – Fashola Tells Nigerians / We Are Not Responsible For Your Loss, PDP Tells GEJ / Make Sure You Correct Your Mistakes IF You Win, Okoye Tells GEJ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

FASHOLA Tells GEJ: Stop Losing 400,000 Barrels Of Crude Oil Daily by 1LRNZH: 10:03am On Jan 05, 2015

Lagos State Governor, Mr. Babatunde Fashola, at the weekend, asked the federal government to stop losing 400,000 barrels of crude oil per day, which he said, could earn the country nearly $7.8 billion per annum at $50 per barrel.

The governor also faulted the austerity measures the federal government put in place to stem the impact of the unprecedented decline of oil prices on the international markets, describing the measures as deceptive.

He stated this on Sunday at an interactive session with the union leaders of tertiary institutions organised with the vice-presidential candidate of All Progressives Congress (APC), Prof. Yemi Osinbajo and the APC governorship candidate in Lagos State, Mr. Akinwunmi Ambode, at the Tafawa Balewa Square Hall.

At the session, the governor said the austerity measures proposed by the federal government “is a deceptive policy. The official excuse it gave that because it was losing 400,000 barrels of crude oil per day, the people have to tighten their belts is not tenable.

“Largely because of their inefficiency, they have now come to say tighten your belt as austerity has come. Stop losing 400,000 barrels first because 400,000 barrels even at $50 would give you about $20 million per day. When you multiply that by the number of days in a year you will know how much we are losing.”

Fashola, also, faulted the recourse “to an increase in Value Added Tax (VAT) as part of the belt-tightening regime.
So before you come back to the citizen to say tighten your belt, you must do your job first.

“They are now saying one of the ways they are going to raise money in austerity is that they are going to increase VAT which means that all of the consumables like water and coca-cola would cost more.

“That is why we quarrel with that austerity formula. We think that this is a time when you need creative and effective people in the economy. The government that cannot deliver electricity to you and cannot deliver security and could not buy guns for armed forces when oil was selling at over 100 dollars per barrel cannot do it when oil price is 50 dollars per barrel. They cannot do more with less because they cannot do anything with more.”

He said the example of Lagos was basically “to demonstrate that government can indeed work. Seven years ago in Lagos, banks used to be robbed and there was no capacity to respond which was a challenge for the present government to confront.

“Today there have been no successful bank robberies in Lagos since 2008 except those who go and break ATM. That is a demonstration that government can work. In 2007 there was no street light in Lagos and there was no street that you could point to and say there would be street lights here at night. What that meant is that after 7pm you could not buy fuel.

“Street by street, pole by pole we are lighting up Lagos at night. That is a demonstration again that government can work. Have we finished the work? No. In 2007, how many parks and green areas were there in Lagos? There used to be pigs on the Marina, we cleaned it up and demonstrated that these things can be done.”
He stated that the next general election presented the most unique opportunity for Nigerians to effect a change in the country’s leadership, noting that this “is the first time Nigerians as ordinary people and citizens have resolved to change a government that they all agree is not doing well.”

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/stop-losing-400-000-barrels-of-oil-per-day-fashola-tells-fg/198446/

3 Likes

Re: FASHOLA Tells GEJ: Stop Losing 400,000 Barrels Of Crude Oil Daily by justhelp(m): 10:07am On Jan 05, 2015
true talk...

1 Like

Re: FASHOLA Tells GEJ: Stop Losing 400,000 Barrels Of Crude Oil Daily by Basildvalour(m): 10:14am On Jan 05, 2015
How come the FG with all its renowned economists and advisers do not know this, or do they but refuse to act accordingly because of what they stand to gain?

Nigeria!!!

1 Like

Re: FASHOLA Tells GEJ: Stop Losing 400,000 Barrels Of Crude Oil Daily by arsetalks(m): 10:18am On Jan 05, 2015
This is interesting. It will be an injustice to this country if this man does not rule this country. He has the brain and technical knowhow to rule better than Buhari and GEJ.

On topic.

Fashola is damn right. GEJ is asking Nigerians to pay for his inability to put the right people in key positions. It is perturbing that when crude oil was been sold for circa $160 per barrel, the value of the naira didn't go up but now that the price has crashed, we are seeing a sharp decline in he value of our currency. How does that work?

They have been shouting of fuel subsidy scam since time immoral yet not a single person has been arrested and jailed. They even told us because of scam in the oil subsidy, they will remove the subsidy, thats another way of telling us we should pay for the Government's failure to prosecute the GEJ's allies who are milking us dry.

I will now seat and watch how PDP apologists will embarrass themselves by attacking the messenger instead of the message.

Father Mbaka was wrong, Fashola is wrong, Sanusi is wrong. With time, they will tell us all Nigerians are wrong and they are the ones that are right.

Like GEJ, Like Arsene Wenger - both well loved but both ruining themselves ( I don't want to say legacy as it is only Wenger that has a legacy with Arsenal, GEJ has no legacy whatsoever. How can he? After all stealing is not corruption hence his wife was caught laundering Baysela's money when he was governor of the state).

GEJout, wengerout.

9 Likes

Re: FASHOLA Tells GEJ: Stop Losing 400,000 Barrels Of Crude Oil Daily by lawrencemleopo: 10:18am On Jan 05, 2015
tighten your loose end and I will gladly tighten my belt

1 Like

Re: FASHOLA Tells GEJ: Stop Losing 400,000 Barrels Of Crude Oil Daily by LRNZH(m): 10:22am On Jan 05, 2015
"Stop losing 400,000 barrels first because 400,000 barrels even at $50 would give you about $20 million per day. When you multiply that by the number of days in a year you will know how much we are losing.” - BRF

That's 7.12 Billion US Dollars lost annually by Nigeria if you use 50 US Dollars per barrel.

We lose double that amount (14.2 Billion US Dollars per annum) at 100 US Dollars per barrel
shocked

Abeg let's vote for GMB 2015!

7 Likes

Re: FASHOLA Tells GEJ: Stop Losing 400,000 Barrels Of Crude Oil Daily by arsetalks(m): 10:23am On Jan 05, 2015
I will be surprised if this thread do not make the front page. Surprised may actually be the wrong choice of word, disappointed. I won't be surprised because we know how it goes on nairaland but will be disappointed because I expect nairaland to have a new year resolution that they will keep till March like most other people and their resolutions.

Moderators should proof me right or wrong.

1 Like

Re: FASHOLA Tells GEJ: Stop Losing 400,000 Barrels Of Crude Oil Daily by lordcornel(m): 10:27am On Jan 05, 2015
Constructive criticism... Nice one oga FASHY...

2 Likes

Re: FASHOLA Tells GEJ: Stop Losing 400,000 Barrels Of Crude Oil Daily by sCun: 10:30am On Jan 05, 2015
Fashola is it your oil?
Yoruba people have too much long throat for oil.
Little wonder they are ready to die for one Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: FASHOLA Tells GEJ: Stop Losing 400,000 Barrels Of Crude Oil Daily by Nobody: 10:32am On Jan 05, 2015
arsetalks:
I will be surprised if this thread do not make the front page. Surprised may actually be the wrong choice of word, disappointed. I won't be surprised because we know how it goes on nairaland but will be disappointed because I expect nairaland to have a new year resolution that they will keep till March like most other people and their resolutions.

Moderators should proof me right or wrong.

save your breath they would rather move threads about buhari's certificate to the fp and bury the important topic.

3 Likes

Re: FASHOLA Tells GEJ: Stop Losing 400,000 Barrels Of Crude Oil Daily by Nobody: 10:33am On Jan 05, 2015
sCun:
Fashola is it your oil?
Yoruba people have too much long throat for oil.
Little wonder they are ready to die for one Nigeria.

You are a cretin.

6 Likes

Re: FASHOLA Tells GEJ: Stop Losing 400,000 Barrels Of Crude Oil Daily by govmentson(m): 10:37am On Jan 05, 2015
Is it not thru dis austerity measures dat fashola used to achieve dis...and was Tinubu sleeping during his tenure
Re: FASHOLA Tells GEJ: Stop Losing 400,000 Barrels Of Crude Oil Daily by Nobody: 10:39am On Jan 05, 2015
govmentson:
Is it not thru dis austerity measures dat fashola used to achieve dis...and was Tinubu sleeping during his tenure

Do you even understand what you are talking about sir?

Show us your certificate!

1 Like

Re: FASHOLA Tells GEJ: Stop Losing 400,000 Barrels Of Crude Oil Daily by oziegbe2015: 10:43am On Jan 05, 2015
Asari and tompolo are paid billions to safeguard this oil and they steal it in return

4 Likes

Re: FASHOLA Tells GEJ: Stop Losing 400,000 Barrels Of Crude Oil Daily by Change2015(m): 10:43am On Jan 05, 2015
Fashola has a point. Jonathan has been entrusted with our oil revenues at the peak, and he has achieved very little. Now he wants us to feel the pain of his failure? What has happened to all the trillions the nation has earned in the last 6 years? Has the textile industry been revived? Education/hospitals improved? Jobs created? Even EFCC and inec are crying out for funds. Emergency loan to go and buy weapons as if boko haram just started in January. Even the Niger Delta ministry, what significant thing has it achieved? Jonathan's government will be the symbol of government irresponsibility and failure for generations to come. He has to go!

#change
#GMB
#APC

2 Likes

Re: FASHOLA Tells GEJ: Stop Losing 400,000 Barrels Of Crude Oil Daily by oziegbe2015: 10:44am On Jan 05, 2015
Gmb2015!

1 Like

Re: FASHOLA Tells GEJ: Stop Losing 400,000 Barrels Of Crude Oil Daily by emiye(m): 10:45am On Jan 05, 2015
Crude oil theft at such at an alarming rate daily, and someone wants GEJ back

2 Likes

Re: FASHOLA Tells GEJ: Stop Losing 400,000 Barrels Of Crude Oil Daily by koboko69: 10:49am On Jan 05, 2015
arsetalks:
This is interesting. It will be an injustice to this country if this man does not rule this country. He has the brain and technical knowhow to rule better than Buhari and GEJ.
On topic.
Fashola is damn right. GEJ is asking Nigerians to pay for his inability to put the right people in key positions. It is perturbing that when crude oil was been sold for circa $160 per barrel, the value of the naira didn't go up but now that the price has crashed, we are seeing a sharp decline in he value of our currency. How does that work?
They have been shouting of fuel subsidy scam since time immoral yet not a single person has been arrested and jailed. They even told us because of scam in the oil subsidy, they will remove the subsidy, thats another way of telling us we should pay for the Government's failure to prosecute the GEJ's allies who are milking us dry.
I will now seat and watch how PDP apologists will embarrass themselves by attacking the messenger instead of the message.
Father Mbaka was wrong, Fashola is wrong, Sanusi is wrong. With time, they will tell us all Nigerians are wrong and they are the ones that are right.
Like GEJ, Like Arsene Wenger - both well loved but both ruining themselves ( I don't want to say legacy as it is only Wenger that has a legacy with Arsenal, GEJ has no legacy whatsoever. How can he? After all stealing is not corruption hence his wife was caught laundering Baysela's money when he was governor of the state).
GEJout, wengerout.

ARESA you have spoken well.

2 Likes

Re: FASHOLA Tells GEJ: Stop Losing 400,000 Barrels Of Crude Oil Daily by AAlozie(m): 10:54am On Jan 05, 2015
If only Fashola was the presidential aspirant in Buhari's stead, I wouldn't be having this doubt on who to vote for. Anyway, my vote remains with me.
Re: FASHOLA Tells GEJ: Stop Losing 400,000 Barrels Of Crude Oil Daily by LRNZH(m): 10:55am On Jan 05, 2015
koboko69:

ARESA you have spoken well.

BRF has a place in GMB's Gov't from 2015 and will keep grooming for the D day. He's a President in waiting if you give APC a chance NOW.

Do you guys realise abstaining from voting in February is the same as voting for GEJ?

If you're undecided, or don't want to participate, I suggest you help Nigeria to roll the dice again. Otherwise, we will continue with this same loss of at least 10 Billion US Dollars without Power, Refineries, Security, Health Care.

Only if your life is in danger will I advise you not to cast your vote.
PDP and GEJ have failed Nigeria and Nigerians.

5 Likes

Re: FASHOLA Tells GEJ: Stop Losing 400,000 Barrels Of Crude Oil Daily by Gbawe: 10:57am On Jan 05, 2015
Fashola is only being diplomatic. Nigeria is not "losing" 400,000 barrels of crude oil per day. Rather, and exactly like the fuel subsidy scam, the government is brazenly abetting theft against Nigeria and Nigerians. What oil "theft" does GEJ plan to stop via handing pipeline protection contracts to militant warlords who are all glorified oil bunkerers?

Every action or inaction of GEJ directly and indirectly abets the status quo destroying Nigeria in every sector. Ribadu begged GEJ that Nigeria, as the only major exporter of oil doing so, must stop selling her crude endowment through traders as this practice enables monumental theft and corruption against Nigeria. This recommendation came around over 2 years ago. What has GEJ done other than to bin the Ribadu report? GEJ has a hand in all the criminality and corruption ailing Nigeria. This is the truth any objective Nigerian will not deny.

4 Likes

Re: FASHOLA Tells GEJ: Stop Losing 400,000 Barrels Of Crude Oil Daily by dguyindcorner(m): 11:10am On Jan 05, 2015
I would advise GEJ to resign.

GEJOUT TILL INFINITY

SAI GMB/OSINBAJO^³ TILL 2023!!!

3 Likes

Re: FASHOLA Tells GEJ: Stop Losing 400,000 Barrels Of Crude Oil Daily by Funniez: 11:15am On Jan 05, 2015
Well spoken. Make I balance here 4 now.
Re: FASHOLA Tells GEJ: Stop Losing 400,000 Barrels Of Crude Oil Daily by LRNZH(m): 11:37am On Jan 05, 2015
If you see what others are doing with less than 10 Billion US Dollars here https://www.nairaland.com/2067016/photos-10-billion-us-dollars

You will weep for Nigeria
Re: FASHOLA Tells GEJ: Stop Losing 400,000 Barrels Of Crude Oil Daily by LRNZH(m): 12:14pm On Jan 05, 2015
Infact, Fashola has said my mind so much that I will not post on Nairaland from henceforth.

1 Like

Re: FASHOLA Tells GEJ: Stop Losing 400,000 Barrels Of Crude Oil Daily by kettykin: 12:21pm On Jan 05, 2015
Fashola is so sharp eyed to see the 400,000 barrels that are getting missing in the Niger Delta oil fields daily but is blind to the huge revenue entering the hands of touts , omonile , area boys from okada and bus riders daily in Lagos.

Is charity not starting from home again ? how come certain people only view the faults in other people's lives but do not have the hind sight to see their own imperfections.

first tackle the revenue leakage happening under your nose so that you can sniff well to perceive the loss of oil wealth happening in another persons domain.

1 Like

Re: FASHOLA Tells GEJ: Stop Losing 400,000 Barrels Of Crude Oil Daily by LRNZH(m): 6:03pm On Jan 05, 2015
kettykin:
Fashola is so sharp eyed to see the 400,000 barrels that are getting missing in the Niger Delta oil fields daily but is blind to the huge revenue entering the hands of touts , omonile , area boys from okada and bus riders daily in Lagos.
Is charity not starting from home again ? how come certain people only view the faults in other people's lives but do not have the hind sight to see their own imperfections.
first tackle the revenue leakage happening under your nose so that you can sniff well to perceive the loss of oil wealth happening in another persons domain.

You don't attack without facts.

Show us evidence that Fashola is wasteful as a Governor.

3 Likes

Re: FASHOLA Tells GEJ: Stop Losing 400,000 Barrels Of Crude Oil Daily by LRNZH(m): 9:12pm On Jan 05, 2015
I'm back and waiting.
Re: FASHOLA Tells GEJ: Stop Losing 400,000 Barrels Of Crude Oil Daily by Nobody: 12:23am On Jan 06, 2015
“That is why we quarrel with that austerity formula. We think that this is a time when you need creative and effective people in the economy. The government that cannot deliver electricity to you and cannot deliver security and could not buy guns for armed forces when oil was selling at over 100 dollars per barrel cannot do it when oil price is 50 dollars per barrel. They cannot do more with less because they cannot do anything with more.”

Bulls Eye!!! Now who could argue with this simple fact?

2 Likes

Re: FASHOLA Tells GEJ: Stop Losing 400,000 Barrels Of Crude Oil Daily by lagdmark(m): 12:44am On Jan 06, 2015
Oga fashola 1st Fix lagos basic equipments and structures (such as roads) that are needed for lagosians b/4 lecturing others, charity they say begins at home.
Re: FASHOLA Tells GEJ: Stop Losing 400,000 Barrels Of Crude Oil Daily by tinkinjow: 12:46am On Jan 06, 2015
Why is it that people complaining about the oil money are mostly not from the niger delta.
Why aren't they talking about cocoa bitter kola tin gold ground nut and water melon money.

What a shame.
Re: FASHOLA Tells GEJ: Stop Losing 400,000 Barrels Of Crude Oil Daily by aresa: 12:50am On Jan 06, 2015
LRNZH:
I'm back and waiting.

Expecting what from trolls? You go wait taya?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Photo Update On President Goodluck Jonathan Sculptural Piece (statue) Honor / Court Orders GTB To Refund Customer’s N5.3bn / The Next Northern Messiah -kwankwaso?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.