Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,179 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:54 AM

GEJ Administration Is Corrupt, Must Go In 2015 – Ex Pro-jonathan Cleric Says - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ Administration Is Corrupt, Must Go In 2015 – Ex Pro-jonathan Cleric Says (681 Views)

Appointments That Shows Buhari's Administration Is Wasteful - Naij / APC Tweets About Money AIT Got From GEJ's Administration. Do You Agree? / Buhari's Administration Is Not Responsible For JP Morgan's Removal. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

GEJ Administration Is Corrupt, Must Go In 2015 – Ex Pro-jonathan Cleric Says by usibengate(m): 11:48pm On Jan 02, 2015
A renowned Enugu-based Catholic priest, Rev. Father Camillus Ejike Mbaka, blasted President Goodluck Jonathan over his helplessness in the war against corruption and inability to stop killings of innocent people in Nigeria.

DailyTrust reports that the cleric, who used to be a supporter of the incumbent president, expressed criticism during a sermon with the topic “From Good luck to Bad luck” at the Adoration Ground, Emene, Enugu, in the night of December 31, 2014, Wednesday.

According to Rev. Mbaka, the president has surrounded himself with very corrupt public officials and keeps turning a blind eye to their corrupt activities. As a result, millions of Nigerians live in abject poverty and endless insecurity.

“Jonathan has ruled for six years. We need change. NEPA is not working because of corruption. The privatization of public companies has not yielded any fruit because of corruption. Nigerians are sick and tired of wasting innocent lives without government doing enough to stop the destruction,” he said.

Rev. Mbaka, who is also a Founder of the Adoration Ministry, Enugu, reminded the congregation of more than 30,000 worshippers about the abduction of the Chibok girls, saying that the tragedy proves the government “cannot guarantee the welfare, safety and security of the citizens”.

In general the cleric is known for his good attitude to the Jonathans. He anointed Dame Patience Jonathan as the next First Lady in 2015. The First Lady and the Deputy Senate President, Senator Ike Ekweremadu, worshipped at the Adoration Ministry where Jonathan’s wife admitted that she experienced “a spiritual rebirth.” The founder of the Ministry on the same day released some birds which, he said, would go and fight for Jonathan. However, his rhetorics was not too friendly during during the end-of-year mass.

Rev. Mbaka recalled that one of the birds released during First Lady’s visit, had refused to fly. He thinks this could signify that Jonathan was going nowhere after the February elections.

READ ALSO: FIVE Things Gov Aregbesola Wants You To Know About President Jonathan And PDP

“All the other birds I released flew away but the healthiest of them which is Jonathan’s bird could not fly. I tried to make it fly but it could not fly,” he said leaving the congregation confused and excited at the same time.

The cleric added that in 2011 he was happy, like millions of other Nigerians. Unfortunately, the bad luck which the nation had faced since Jonathan entered the Aso Rock was “quite disturbing”. Therefore the masses desire a change.

“Nigerians are calling for change. We need a change.

“We don’t want to move from bad luck to bad luck; Nigerians want to move from bad luck to good luck,” he said.

Rev. Mbaka condemned some of his colleagues who, according to him, visited the Aso Rock, other Governmental residences in Nigeria to hold “Breakfast Prayer” with the politicians only. He is sure they do so just to collect “fat envelopes of money” rather than to talk about the problems of the poor:

“The men of God only go there to dine and wine with the leaders for their own welfare without telling them the truth. But I’m happy that I, Fr. Mbaka, I’m not that type of priest. If you want money, I dash you money because the God I serve has blessed me abundantly.”

The Adoration Ministry Founder further expressed his opinion about Jonathan’s opponent, Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (rtd.):

“I don’t know Buhari. I have never sat with him before. I am not being partisan, but I want total change in Nigeria. 

“Buhari cannot make Nigeria an Islamic country because we are in democracy. It was IBB government that dragged Nigeria into OIC. When Buhari fought corruption, people became careful about their actions. Anyone who says Buhari will Islamise Nigeria is not being fair.”

READ ALSO: Buhari vs Jonathan: The Least Hated Person In The Nation Is…

Finally, the cleric noted that the ethno-religious origin of the president does not really matter as lo
Re: GEJ Administration Is Corrupt, Must Go In 2015 – Ex Pro-jonathan Cleric Says by Nobody: 11:49pm On Jan 02, 2015
Re: GEJ Administration Is Corrupt, Must Go In 2015 – Ex Pro-jonathan Cleric Says by Nobody: 11:50pm On Jan 02, 2015
Mbaka said the HOLYSPIRIT told him

What did the HOLYSPIRIT tell you.?
Re: GEJ Administration Is Corrupt, Must Go In 2015 – Ex Pro-jonathan Cleric Says by blemon44(m): 12:17am On Jan 03, 2015
i have already said this before that GEJ has nobody to compete
with,nobody,not even the father of those group called boko haram

(1) (Reply)

Jonathan Knew Of Henry Okah's Plan To Kill Him Since 2007 - Asari-dokubo / Fresh Attack: Boko Haram Attacks Cameroonian Military Base – A Must Read / Unforgotten Past.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.