Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,863 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:34 PM

Remember When APC Leaders Where Unhappy With Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Remember When APC Leaders Where Unhappy With Buhari (597 Views)

Yar’adua’s Wives Unhappy With Nigeria / Tinubu Unhappy With Buhari’s Nominees - Daily Trust / Akpabio Unhappy With A’ibom Gov Over US Trip (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Remember When APC Leaders Where Unhappy With Buhari by coolscott(m): 3:58am On Jan 03, 2015
I found this thread on Nairaland about APC leaders unhappy with Buhari's statements not so long ago

LEADERS of the yet to be registered opposition alliance party, All Progressives Congress (APC) have expressed anger at the statements credited to former Head of State, General Muhammadu Buhari, which indicated that the declaration of a state of emergency in three states of the North was anti-North.

Buhari had been quoted as saying in a programme on a Kaduna-based FM station that the declaration of a state of emergency in the three states of the North was anti-North and that he does not support President Goodluck Jonathan’s tactics on dealing with insurgency.

He also claimed that the government was being high-handed on the insurgents operating in parts of Northern Nigeria, adding that when militancy happened in the South South, the Federal Government invited the perpetrators and granted them amnesty.

But leaders of the mega party, who have dissected Buhari’s statements were said to have expressed surprise at the claims by the former Head of state.

One of the leaders said that such a statement would only further alienate members of the emerging mega party, the APC from Buhari.

“Already, many people are saying that Buhari should not be used as the candidate of the party in the 2015 election, such a statement is capable of portraying him (Buhari) as someone who does not believe in the unity of Nigeria and it could negatively impact on the party.

“What we expect from Buhari are statements that would portray him as a statesman, not as a sectional leader. He as a former Head of State should be talking for Nigeria and not for a part thereof. Anything to the contrary will open him to undue scrutiny,” the source said.

Leaders of the APC were said to have criticized Buhari’s comments as off the mark.

A source said that the development has reinforced the resolve of the APC to field a younger presidential candidate in 2015 adding that when the time comes, Buhari would be told to hands off the presidential race.

https://www.nairaland.com/1313672/apc-leaders-angry-buhari-over
Re: Remember When APC Leaders Where Unhappy With Buhari by ABIOLAXYZ(m): 4:31am On Jan 03, 2015
honestly I must confess I regrets casting my vote for Gej in 2011,my fellow Nigerians bad leadership Is what Is killing us softly,corruption and poverty rate increasing day by day.I pray GMB is our true saviour.

God bless Nigeria
Re: Remember When APC Leaders Where Unhappy With Buhari by coolscott(m): 7:47am On Jan 04, 2015
ABIOLAXYZ:
honestly I must confess I regrets casting my vote for Gej in 2011,my fellow Nigerians bad leadership Is what Is killing us softly,corruption and poverty rate increasing day by day.I pray GMB is our true saviour.

God bless Nigeria

CONTRARY to fears in some quarters that the All Progressives Congress (APC) presidential candidate, Gen.Muhammadu Buhari may probe past corrupt political office holders if elected into office, national Chairman of the party, Chief John Odigie Oyegun has said that a Buhari presidency will not dig into the past.

He, however, accused the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP of blasphemy, following comments from the presidency describing President Goodluck Jonathan as Jesus Christ.

Oyegun who spoke to newsmen in Benin City, Monday, said that the insinuation that a Buhari presidency will send many Nigerians to jail, was a blackmail being masterminded by the PDP leadership, stressing that only those who may not want to change from their corrupt practices will have the retired General to contend with.

“The only people I think should fear the Buhari Presidency are those who do not want change. Those who want to continue with business as usual, are those who want to continue to profit from the level of corruption in the society. We will have no apologies for people like that. But it is clear that from the Buhari perspective and that of the APC, the future of the people of this country is too important for us to spend valuable time trying to dig into the past.
“The first moments of a Buhari Presidency the outlook is on the future. The message will be clear, whatever you engage in before that is detrimental to the people of this country, please stop it, change has come. It is time for change and anybody who decides that he does not want to be part of change and want business as usual that is his choice.

Source: http://pointblanknews.com/pbn/exclusive/buhari-will-probe-past-leaders-oyegun/

(1) (Reply)

Desperation In The Jonathan Camp In Anticipation Of Defeat-a Can Of Worms Nigeri / Obiano Targets Monthly IGR Of Over N3.2 Billion / Gov. Kwankwaso Appoints A Christain Femaleacting Chief Judge For Kano State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.