Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,600 members, 7,812,958 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:49 PM

Akpabio Unhappy With A’ibom Gov Over US Trip - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akpabio Unhappy With A’ibom Gov Over US Trip (29296 Views)

See Photos Of Sen Akpabio Consoling Akwa Ibom Gov Over Church Building Collapse / Official Statement Of The Anambra State Gov Over Biafra Demonstration In Onitsha / EFCC Closes In On Ex-gov Over 29 Dubai Assets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Akpabio Unhappy With A’ibom Gov Over US Trip by Dotng: 10:13am On Aug 05, 2015
Akpabio unhappy with A’Ibom gov over US trip

The immediate past governor of Akwa Ibom State, Senator Godswill Akpabio, is not happy with the state governor, Mr. Udom Emmanuel, for attending a summer convention in the United States organised by Akwa Ibom Indigenes abroad.

A former aide of Akpabio , who does not want to be named, told our correspondent in Uyo, on Tuesday, that the former governor had advised Emmanuel not to embark on the journey because the trip was unnecessary, considering the cost it involved.

He maintained that Akpabio had asked Emmanuel to avoid spending money on things that would not generate revenue for the state, but should focus on attracting investors into the state.

According to him, since Emmanuel had assumed office as Akwa Ibom State governor, the Akwa Ibom people have not felt the impact of his administration.

He noted that since Emmanuel took over from Akpabio as governor 66 days ago, the state has not witnessed any significant progress.

He revealed that Emmanuel left Akwa Ibom with a delegation of over 60 persons. They would spend two weeks in the US.

He added that Akpabio considered the trip unnecessary. He said it would not add value to Akwa Ibom people at home.

The convener, Coalition of Human Rights Defenders, Akwa Ibom State chapter, Mr. Inibehe Effiong, said Emmanuel learnt his wasteful attitude from Akpabio. He added that few weeks ago, Emmanuel was spotted at the Ibom International Airport on a chartered jet.

He said, “I can tell you, Emmanuel is very wasteful. The other day, he was seen at the Ibom International Airport on a chartered flight. Why has the governor chosen to go on a chartered flight when the economy of the country is wobbling? This does not make sense.

“He (Emmanuel) learnt his wasteful attitude from his master, Senator Godswill Akpabio. The trip is a way of siphoning money from the state; it is purely based on self-interest. We hope the whole thing will soon be over. We don’t have a governor yet,” he said.

But in a swift reaction, the Chief Press Secretary to the governor, Mr. Ekerette Udoh, who is also in the US, said Emmanuel was not only the governor of those that reside in Akwa Ibom State but a governor of the Akwa Ibom people, irrespective of where they live.

He stated that the summer convention was an important occasion as it attracted many governors from the country.

He noted that Emmanuel did not embark on the trip for selfish reasons, but to woo industrialists to the state.

He said, “The Akwa Ibom State governor is the governor of all Akwa Ibom people wherever they may be in the world. He has a right to tell them his programmes for the state.

“The summer convention is a very important occasion. Emmanuel is there to attract investors to the state. Many other governors in the Nigeria are also in the United States for the same reason.”

http://www.punchng.com/politics/akpabio-unhappy-with-aibom-gov-over-us-trip/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akpabio Unhappy With A’ibom Gov Over US Trip by undercurrent(m): 10:18am On Aug 05, 2015
I live in Akwa Ibom, i voted for this guy yet am still breathing old air. No impact whatsoever.

My friends call him Acting Governor.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akpabio Unhappy With A’ibom Gov Over US Trip by Happiness87(f): 10:20am On Aug 05, 2015
fake news

3 Likes

Re: Akpabio Unhappy With A’ibom Gov Over US Trip by Happiness87(f): 10:22am On Aug 05, 2015
undercurrent:
I live in Akwa Ibom, i voted for this guy yet am still breathing old air. No impact whatsoever.

face front, you are not aware of contracts that have been awarded or what, your friends are APC sympathizers simple, they don't see any thing good in anyone except themselves.

Udom is by far better than Akpabio himself. by the end of 2019, you will testify.

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Akpabio Unhappy With A’ibom Gov Over US Trip by Nobody: 10:23am On Aug 05, 2015
Slow and steady, d governor will get dere

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Akpabio Unhappy With A’ibom Gov Over US Trip by AshiwajuFoward: 10:35am On Aug 05, 2015
Wow. I pray it ain't so, if not that means there might be 'trouble in paradise'.

1 Like

Re: Akpabio Unhappy With A’ibom Gov Over US Trip by Ultimated: 10:36am On Aug 05, 2015
Hmm
Re: Akpabio Unhappy With A’ibom Gov Over US Trip by Katastrofy: 10:36am On Aug 05, 2015
ok
Re: Akpabio Unhappy With A’ibom Gov Over US Trip by Ndkings1(m): 10:37am On Aug 05, 2015
una neverr ansa my querry oh
ND Kings the Don
Re: Akpabio Unhappy With A’ibom Gov Over US Trip by DONSMITH123(m): 10:37am On Aug 05, 2015
isokay
Re: Akpabio Unhappy With A’ibom Gov Over US Trip by maxiuc(m): 10:37am On Aug 05, 2015
Oga abeg shield ur sword this not a government based on hatered this is Apc not PDP
Re: Akpabio Unhappy With A’ibom Gov Over US Trip by ultrazone2(m): 10:38am On Aug 05, 2015
safafasf
Re: Akpabio Unhappy With A’ibom Gov Over US Trip by Mogidi: 10:39am On Aug 05, 2015
If Akpabio is unhappy with Udom for wasting money travelling to the US, Nigerians should be irate at Buhari for gallivanting with jobless Yusuf to the US.

6 Likes

Re: Akpabio Unhappy With A’ibom Gov Over US Trip by gbishman: 10:40am On Aug 05, 2015
IS THIS GOVERNOR A GOVERNOR OR A PUPPET. DID ANYONE TELL AKPABIO NOT TO TRAVEL WHILE GOVERNOR. DID HIS NEPHEW ABI IN-LAW NOT SLAP THE SITTING GOVERNOR SIMPLY BECAUSE HE REFUSED TO MAKE HIM COMMISSIONER.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akpabio Unhappy With A’ibom Gov Over US Trip by kannymoore(m): 10:40am On Aug 05, 2015
Dotng:
Akpabio unhappy with A’Ibom gov over US trip

A former aide of Akpabio , who does not want to be named, told our correspondent in Uyo, on Tuesday, that the former governor had advised Emmanuel not to embark on the journey because the trip was unnecessary, considering the cost it involved......

He revealed that Emmanuel left Akwa Ibom with a [size=15pt]delegation of over 60 persons[/size]. They would spend two weeks in the US. grin grin

http://www.punchng.com/politics/akpabio-unhappy-with-aibom-gov-over-us-trip/

[size=20pt]

CHIIIEE

NAAAY

KAAAAY

MAAAY !!!
[/size]shocked shocked shocked )

[size=15pt] KAI!!! [/size].. shocked shocked shocked

We don vote "ERROR"......!!!! grin[/b]

And the same electorate go curse dia [size=15pt]president[/size] for visiting the US with a 33-man contingent for only 4 days.

*in IME BiSHOP's voice*

"[size=16pt]SAi !!!!![/size]" shocked shocked lipsrsealed[size=13pt] grin[/size]

4 Likes

Re: Akpabio Unhappy With A’ibom Gov Over US Trip by money121(m): 10:40am On Aug 05, 2015
ok
Re: Akpabio Unhappy With A’ibom Gov Over US Trip by Musiwa419: 10:41am On Aug 05, 2015
What is Akwa-Ibom ?

2 Likes

Re: Akpabio Unhappy With A’ibom Gov Over US Trip by shaboti: 10:42am On Aug 05, 2015
Is dis one news too??
Mtchew
Re: Akpabio Unhappy With A’ibom Gov Over US Trip by Swagavillage(m): 10:42am On Aug 05, 2015
Everybody dey vex,Saraki and buhari,Akpabio and A'ibom Governor, Jonah stove contractors and fg,dem even sue fg and said they have no right to cancel the contract http://yesreport..com/2015/08/contractor-sues-fg-over-jonathans-n92bn.html
Re: Akpabio Unhappy With A’ibom Gov Over US Trip by Nobody: 10:42am On Aug 05, 2015
Smh
Re: Akpabio Unhappy With A’ibom Gov Over US Trip by AshiwajuFoward: 10:44am On Aug 05, 2015
calaruta:

What trouble ? undecided

Well, if the situation is not managed properly, it could degenerate into another gofather vs. godson rofo-rofo fight. Which may be not be in the best interest of the state.
Re: Akpabio Unhappy With A’ibom Gov Over US Trip by back2sender: 10:44am On Aug 05, 2015
THIS IS THE MOST IRRESPONSIBLE STATEMENT ON HOW TO DEFEND A PERSON.

But in a swift reaction, the Chief Press Secretary to the governor, Mr. Ekerette Udoh, who is also in the US, said Emmanuel was not only the governor of those that reside in Akwa Ibom State but a governor of the Akwa Ibom people, irrespective of where they live.

He stated that the summer convention was an important occasion as it attracted many governors from the country.

He noted that Emmanuel did not embark on the trip for selfish reasons, but to woo industrialists to the state.

He said, “The Akwa Ibom State governor is the governor of all Akwa Ibom people wherever they may be in the world. He has a right to tell them his programmes for the state.

“The summer convention is a very important occasion. Emmanuel is there to attract investors to the state. Many other governors in the Nigeria are also in the United States for the same reason.”

END OF QUOTE

1 Like

Re: Akpabio Unhappy With A’ibom Gov Over US Trip by Rassco(m): 10:45am On Aug 05, 2015
He's following in the footsteps of his Akpabio.
Re: Akpabio Unhappy With A’ibom Gov Over US Trip by Ogbenijhybo(m): 10:45am On Aug 05, 2015
who's Akpabio to be angry about whatever! When Efcc gets to him, he'll be angry with himself

7 Likes

Re: Akpabio Unhappy With A’ibom Gov Over US Trip by Nobody: 10:46am On Aug 05, 2015
undercurrent:

They guy is busy gallivanting with APC .... they way he is romancing APC, I hope he will not decamp. He is the only PDP governor that is doing that. PDP governors dont waste state resources like APC Govs do
Re: Akpabio Unhappy With A’ibom Gov Over US Trip by Ogbenijhybo(m): 10:48am On Aug 05, 2015
kaycid77:

They guy is busy gallivanting with APC .... they way he is romancing APC, I hope he will not decamp. He is the only PDP governor that is doing that. PDP governors dont waste state resources like APC Govs do

my brother, you're a learner when it comes to the party that waste resources.
Guess you'll already forgot the party that budgeted over 1bn naira for Food n drinks. or fueling a generator!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Security Patrol Men At The Shiroro Dam In Niger State (photo) / PDP Salutes Buhari, Military For Capturing Sambisa Forest / Nasarawa: Ombugadu's Reaction On Being Declared Winner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.