Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,828 members, 7,817,423 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:58 AM

Why Should We Vote President Jonathan? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Should We Vote President Jonathan? (3116 Views)

Will You Vote President Muhammadu Buhari For A Second Term / Why Unemployed Graduates And Jobseekers Must Vote President Buhari In 2019 / Igbos Let's Remember This Before We Vote!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Should We Vote President Jonathan? by Mynd44: 10:49am On Jan 03, 2015
With the elections, around the corner, I ask myself why I should vote Mr President back and I hope some people can help me out based on these points. Perhaps my eyes can be opened after I see answers from another point of view.

• Security: One of the primary jobs of leaders is the protection of lives of properties and I am sorry but I don't think this administration did enough to stop the insurgency in the north when it started and was getting out of proportion. I appreciate the recent efforts to push back the insurgents but what were we doing all these while? We were comfortable sitting back trading blames and saying the opposition are the cause but he is the CIC and it is his responsibility. How can the government blame people who are not in office for the deaths of my countrymen and and none of them have been jailed or Prosecuted. I consider it a betrayal of the trust given to him. Our response as a country to the insecurity in the North is just wrong and the lives lost is one that keeps me up.
Another point we all seem to be ignoring is that there are too much small arms in this country for any reasonable leader not to be worried. I don't understand how warlords who seem to have changed names tl "Militants" or "freedom fighters" can sit up and buy weapons without being checked. What is our policy on the proliferation of small arms?

•Electricity: Does this need any long story? The government has also been blaming the opposition for blowing up gas pipelines and the FG claims this as one of the reason the sector is in this state. Again this just sounds wrong. No arrests, no suspects. *sighs*. The power company was even unbundled, what has been the result? 4,500MW that can barely power Lagos. What will it cost us to generate enough power after +4 years by the president and billions of dollars down the drain?

7 Likes

Re: Why Should We Vote President Jonathan? by Mynd44: 10:49am On Jan 03, 2015
•Ethno-Religious Politics: Ever since the president added "Ebele" to his names, I have raised my eyebrows. It is not right, this country has never been so divided along tribal and religious lines as we have it now. Sometimes, I get ashamed when I have to read comments; hell even the Catholics and Anglicans have now dived into this madness. It is so bad that during a service in the events leading to the Anambra Gubernatorial elections, on of the PDP members said "Do not vote anyone who is not Catholic" and guess what, the president was sitting down right there in church.
We now have a president who seems comfortable while his close aides insults other religion. Femi Fani Kayode is guilty of this and yes he was just appointed to lead his re-election campaign on social media

•Works: Politics is local, if I make my living in an area, I will look for the development of that area first when making decisions. I live in the South West, what has this administration done for this zone? Look at the roads for example, Lagos-Abeokuta is a mess, Old Ife road is horrible, Ilesha road is disgusting, the Lagos-Ibadan is still not ready. When the president was campaigning for the incoming Ayo Fayose, he said "vote PDP and the FG will develop the state" this is an admittance of neglect. Why? From Ogun, Osun, Ekiti, Ondo, Oyo and Lagos please show me what this administration has done to deserve another term. Why should the people who live there vote for the president again?

4 Likes

Re: Why Should We Vote President Jonathan? by Mynd44: 10:50am On Jan 03, 2015
Foreign Policy: Does this exist in the present settings? Look at the recent vote on Palestine. Look at how South Africa has continually insulted us as regards to our arms purchase and the current mess with Saudi Arabia not allowing our weapons over their airspace. What were we expecting? Nigeria is not trusted in the international community.
I told someone I don't blame the Saudi because if I was them, I wont allow it too.

• Education: no comment on this. It is a shame when people mention almajiri schools and new universities where even the lecturers would not dare send their own kids.

Economic Policy: Do we have an economic policy?

•Future Plans: Do we have future plans? What does this administration have to offer beyond 2015? What new things should we expect? What things will the administration change? Is there even a plan or policy going forward?

5 Likes

Re: Why Should We Vote President Jonathan? by Mynd44: 10:50am On Jan 03, 2015
Elections are not won by the opposition, they are lost by the incumbent"~ Gorociano

The same person also said the elections in Febuary is not going to be an election between the PDP and APC or President Jonathan against General Buhari but a referendum of how confident the people are about president Jonathan

5 Likes

Re: Why Should We Vote President Jonathan? by donphilopus: 10:57am On Jan 03, 2015
When the insurgency was still curtailable, they were blaming the Opposition Politicians for they know nothing about. Yet they couldn't make any arrest and prosecution. They also felt it was Northern's problem till they started capturing territories. Is that not the responsibility of the C-i-C?!

@Electricity, Sincere9gerian ain't seen on this forum anymore to tell us about the vandalization of the gas pipelines. I don't know why they keep on blaming their misdemeanours on the opposition. Maybe they would blame their inability to cum on the opposition someday.

True, Jonathan is responsible for all this ethnoreligious ish. Since his emergence as the President of this Nation, religious and tribal cards are now played in Nigeria today. Any Igbo/SS who supports Buhari is now considered as a betrayal, any Yoruba who supports GEJ would be called names, any Hausa/Fulani who supports GEJ would be called names. Who's the cause of all these?! People GEJ Sorrounds himself with, like Reno Omokri, are the major causes. FFK is another major problem. He sees any Christian who supports Buhari as a devil, his article about Osinbajo comes to mind.

@Education, we wouldn't forget the gale of strikes in the education sector. Lest I forget, Amaechi was provoked Jonathan to anger to mention at least "half" project he initiated and commissioned in Rivers State, but he was unable to do that. All he could do was to threaten Amaechi for saying that!

Abeg, it's audible to the deaf, visible to the blind and vocal to the dumb that Jonathan has failed. Presidency is not a class where repetition is mandatory for failures. He doesn't need to repeat!

6 Likes

Re: Why Should We Vote President Jonathan? by obiak4(m): 10:57am On Jan 03, 2015
op the question should be why we should not vote him with the above points I think u have answered your question.
Re: Why Should We Vote President Jonathan? by Nobody: 11:09am On Jan 03, 2015
same thing i have been saying to this pdp people. just give me only one reason why the south west should vote for gej next month.. Am not asking for two or more reasons, i just want ONLY ONE reason why we should vote for gej.

What has gej done for south west for the past six years he had been occupying that office

4 Likes

Re: Why Should We Vote President Jonathan? by argon500: 11:16am On Jan 03, 2015
If you ask me, na who i go ask?

4 Likes

Re: Why Should We Vote President Jonathan? by coolhamid(m): 11:22am On Jan 03, 2015
Most people supporting Mr President are either from South south or south east..People from the south south would always tell you that its their time to rule because GEJ is their son, they don't care if GEJ is truly working or not... As for my brothers in the south east, I schooled in UNN and I understand them when it comes to national politics. They only hate GMB because he is Hausa fulani.. That's all.

I remember back then in UNN, many of them would always call me oye Hausa because of my Islamic name.

They have forgotten that not everybody that bears Muslim name is Hausa ..

7 Likes

Re: Why Should We Vote President Jonathan? by vedd: 11:27am On Jan 03, 2015
I have no intention to waste my vote on a man who epitomise the real meaning of FAILURE.

The clueless dullard has brought our dear country to the crossroads with administrative recklessness. We must decide whether to move on with him and endure more sufferings (God forbid), or to kick Jonathan out and get Nigeria working to greatness for us and posterity.

9 Likes

Re: Why Should We Vote President Jonathan? by NgeneUkwenu(f): 11:31am On Jan 03, 2015
GEJ is a serial failure in governance!!!

6 Likes

Re: Why Should We Vote President Jonathan? by omenka(m): 11:36am On Jan 03, 2015
All the Jonathanians have been able to excavate in respect of things the president has done to deserve a second shot is "revival of the railway system" and "agricultural revolution" both of which are a drop of oil in an ocean.

I hope to take a couple of pictures of Jonathan's rail lines when I go out today and show nairalanders what the "transformation" has been like around here; huge mass of trash.

And for agriculture, their "revolution" has been about "fertilizer distribution"!! Can you believe that?? We still import rice, fish, and other food items we used to import prior Jonathan, so where's the change??

The other day, someone came here and was giving Jonathan credit for the boom in the entertainment industry!! I couldn't believe my eyes.

The only thing Jonathan has been preaching and promoting which has formed the bedrock of his campaign is ethnoreligious scaremongering. Besides that, they flop completely at every turn and their ideas are bereft of logic.

Checked in on facebook earlier today and was really pleased at the comments I saw: some guy even said even if they say Buhari is the anti-christ, he'd still cast his vote in the General's favour!!

People are getting sick of PDP's brand of "issues based campaign".

8 Likes

Re: Why Should We Vote President Jonathan? by Firefire(m): 11:52am On Jan 03, 2015
Fellow Nigerians,

Jonathan's performance is below the high expectations of we Nigerians.

Jonathan is not proactive on the matter of security as expected.

However, Jonathan performance is on records.

- He promised free and fair election, this is already achieved. Ondo, Edo, Ekiti, Osun as evidence.

- Massive investment in power sector with full deregulation.

- Massive investment on military hardware, the first of its kind since 1960.

- Robust Economic policies,

- Massive infrastructure development, Road, Airport, Rail lines etc

- Freedom of speech, signing the FOI bill into law.

- Playing politics without bitterness

And many more developmental projects you can see if you leave bigotry.

Jonathan is the best to have happened to Nigeria at the moment.

We need 'CHANGE' but mohamod buhari is not the change.

APC missed the track in allowing a formal coup plotter as her Presidential candidate.

Nigerians, vote for continuity, vote Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan.

God bless you.

God bless Nairaland

God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

Shalom

Firefire!

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Should We Vote President Jonathan? by Nobody: 11:55am On Jan 03, 2015
Vote GEJ

6 Likes

Re: Why Should We Vote President Jonathan? by Mynd44: 12:04pm On Jan 03, 2015
Firefire:
Fellow Nigerians,

Jonathan's performance is below the high expectations of we Nigerians.

Jonathan is not proactive on the matter of security as expected.

However, Jonathan performance is on records.

1. He promised free and fair election, this is already achieved. Ondo, Edo, Ekiti, Osun as evidence.

2. Massive investment in power sector with full deregulation.

3. Massive investment on military hardware, the first of its kind since 1960.

4. Robust Economic policies,

5 Massive infrastructure development, Road, Airport, Rail lines etc

6. Freedom of speech, signing the FOI bill into law.

7. Playing politics without bitterness

And many more developmental projects you can see if you leave bigotry.

Jonathan is the best to have happened to Nigeria at the moment.

We need 'CHANGE' but mohamod buhari is not the change.

APC missed the track in allowing a formal coup plotter as her Presidential candidate.

Nigerians, vote for continuity, vote Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan.

God bless you.

God bless Nairaland

God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

Shalom

Firefire!
1. How can you say free and fair elections is something that anyone did for us? Is that not supposed to be standard? Do you expect to get our thanks for not cheating?

2. The investment in power is a complete waste. What is our current generation rate? What was it before he was voted in?

3. Massive military hardware right? Where is the hardware if we our territories are being taken by terrorists? Where are they if our daughters can be kidnapped and not gotten back?

4. What economic policy? What is the Naira trading for?

5. Infrastructure where? Please point them out

6. Freedom of speech is like free elections. It is a right

7. Politics without politics? That's a joke right? Go ask Obanikor, Dimeji Bankole, and Akala

Next!!!

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Should We Vote President Jonathan? by Princewill1(m): 12:05pm On Jan 03, 2015
Then why should we vote in a DICTATOR,TERRORIST and a semi-illiterate TRIBAL BIGOT because you want the so-called change.

A man who has no vission for this country,who is only their to capture power back to north.

We don't need no NEGATIVE CHANGE!!

GEJ carry go!!

4 Likes

Re: Why Should We Vote President Jonathan? by Nobody: 12:06pm On Jan 03, 2015
@coolhamid, what you said is spot on. we can understand why the people of south south are supporting gej but what i really dislike about this buhari/gej saga is when some certain people(s/easterners) want us to join them against their hatred for northerners. Thats exactly what they people of south east want the odua people to do... They dont know we dont play our politics like that.

so i shouldnt vote for a competent leader just because some people are having issues with the northerners?

3 Likes

Re: Why Should We Vote President Jonathan? by Firefire(m): 12:16pm On Jan 03, 2015
Mynd44:

1. How can you say free and fair elections is something that anyone did for us? Is that not supposed to be standard? Do you expect to get our thanks for not cheating?

2. The investment in power is a complete waste. What is our current generation rate? What was it before he was voted in?

3. Massive military hardware right? Where is the hardware if we our territories are being taken by terrorists? Where are they if our daughters can be kidnapped and not gotten back?

4. What economic policy? What is the Naira trading for?

5. Infrastructure where? Please point them out

6. Freedom of speech is like free elections. It is a right

7. Politics without politics? That's a joke right? Go ask Obanikor, Dimeji Bankole, and Akala

Next!!!

1. Being a democrat, playing by the rules, allowing free and fair election, is commendable. ACN in Lagos never allowed that to happen and they are claiming progressive.

2. Issue of power requires huge and heavy investment and support from all players and actors in government, including state governments. Where is Tinubu's IPP project of 1999 - 2003 in Lagos? Moribund

3. Please take a visit to the battle field and see the machineries in action. Please note that Nigeria is fighting an internationally backed terrorist. Fighting a self inflicted battle and even battle within the walls is cumbersome. A lot of conspiracy theories on the issue of Chibok girls kidnapped saga.

4. Are you not comfortable that Naira is given the full originality? How long shall we continue to support the dollar with our external reserve? OBJ supported our fx at the expense of real development.

5. Bro. Be objective, our Airports are re branded, many road fixed, SURE P deployed also on Primary Health care (Mother and Child) and many more.

6. Freedom of speech was never possible btw 1983 - 1985. APC who claimed progressive refusing to domestic Freedom of Information Bill, why?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Should We Vote President Jonathan? by Mynd44: 12:17pm On Jan 03, 2015
Princewill1:
Then why should we vote in a DICTATOR,TERRORIST and a semi-illiterate TRIBAL BIGOT because you want the so-called change.

A man who has no vission for this country,who is only their to capture power back to north.

We don't need no NEGATIVE CHANGE!!

GEJ carry go!!
I don't get why ai asked a question about why I should vote President Jonathan and you bring up General Buhari's name.

What brought him in this discussion?

3 Likes

Re: Why Should We Vote President Jonathan? by coolhamid(m): 12:18pm On Jan 03, 2015
kastonkastrol:
@coolhamid, what you said is spot on. we can understand why the people of south south are supporting gej but what i really dislike about this buhari/gej saga is when some certain people(s/easterners) want us to join them against their hatred for northerners. Thats exactly what they people of south east want the odua people to do... They dont know we dont play our politics like that.

so i shouldnt vote for a competent leader just because some people are having issues with the northerners?
Yes bro, but have got few igbo right thinking dudes who will not allow sentiment to becloud their sense of reasoning... Some of them are even here on nairaland campaigning vigorously for GMB...

1 Like

Re: Why Should We Vote President Jonathan? by Princewill1(m): 12:28pm On Jan 03, 2015
Mynd44:

I don't get why ai asked a question about why I should vote President Jonathan and you bring up General Buhari's name.

What brought him in this discussion?
Since you don't have any reason to vote for GEJ,the only alternative is to vote in the TERRORIST.

The election is btw GEJ and BUHARI,or you abstein from voting.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Should We Vote President Jonathan? by Mynd44: 12:31pm On Jan 03, 2015
Princewill1:
Since you don't have any reason to vote for GEJ,the only alternative is to vote in the TERRORIST.

The election is btw GEJ and BUHARI,or you abstein from voting.
So even you don't have a reason for me to vote him?

2 Likes

Re: Why Should We Vote President Jonathan? by adrelanine: 12:36pm On Jan 03, 2015
i love Jona tan, and i will never vote for him.. grin he is nt competent as a president. i will advice he goes back to the zoo and perform his primary obligation there.. GEJ.. u have failed.walai

4 Likes

Re: Why Should We Vote President Jonathan? by Princewill1(m): 12:47pm On Jan 03, 2015
Mynd44:

So even you don't have a reason for me to vote him?
I have one hundred and one reasons why I should vote for GEJ,its only you that claim to have none.

2 Likes

Re: Why Should We Vote President Jonathan? by gratieao: 12:57pm On Jan 03, 2015
coolhamid:
Most people supporting Mr President are either from South south or south east..People from the south south would always tell you that its their time to rule because GEJ is their son, they don't care if GEJ is truly working or not... As for my brothers in the south east, I schooled in UNN and I understand them when it comes to national politics. They only hate GMB because he is Hausa fulani.. That's all.

I remember back then in UNN, many of them would always call me oye Hausa because of my Islamic name.

They have forgotten that not everybody that bears Muslim name is Hausa ..
80% of Buhari critics are from southwest, i wouldn't mind to furnish u with names.
Yoruba Sai Buhari stems from the fact that he picked a S/westerner as running mate. His "popularity became popular" in the S/W from 2011 general elections when Bakare, a yoruba man was picked as his running mate.
I now ask when for two attempts he chose Igbo VP, did you also sai buhari like this. Or his "messiah-ic" tendencies were not developed then?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Should We Vote President Jonathan? by homesteady(m): 1:02pm On Jan 03, 2015
He laid the foundation for modern railway in Nigeria!

thats all!
Is this really enough? Hell No!
Re: Why Should We Vote President Jonathan? by Caseless: 1:03pm On Jan 03, 2015
Vote gej again cos he has marshalled out plans on how to tackle corruption; he wants to 'start' fighting corruption now after spending 6 years in office and his failure to fight corruption has cost us trillions. What kind of useless leader makes his 'clueless' nature this plain?

1 Like

Re: Why Should We Vote President Jonathan? by gratieao: 1:09pm On Jan 03, 2015
kastonkastrol:

Yoruba man and hypocrisy is like bread and butter. I comot cap 4 una.
Why did Yoruba voted against Buhari in 2003, 2006, 2011? He have not become messiah then? Only a foool will take Yoruba sudden love for Buhari serious. When did Buhari became competent that Yoruba people did not notice it in 2003 when they voted for OBJ whom happened to be worst Nigeria president? I need your answer asap

4 Likes

Re: Why Should We Vote President Jonathan? by Nobody: 1:24pm On Jan 03, 2015
Gej is a comprehensive failure. "IbnSultan

1 Like

Re: Why Should We Vote President Jonathan? by Freelancer00(m): 1:25pm On Jan 03, 2015
Firefire:

1. Being a democrat, playing by the rules, allowing free and fair election, is commendable. ACN in Lagos never allowed that to happen and they are claiming progressive.

2. Issue of power requires huge and heavy investment and support from all players and actors in government, including state governments. Where is Tinubu's IPP project of 1999 - 2003 in Lagos? Moribund

3. Please take a visit to the battle field and see the machineries in action. Please note that Nigeria is fighting an internationally backed terrorist. Fighting a self inflicted battle and even battle within the walls is cumbersome. A lot of conspiracy theories on the issue of Chibok girls kidnapped saga.

4. Are you not comfortable that Naira is given the full originality? How long shall we continue to support the dollar with our external reserve? OBJ supported our fx at the expense of real development.

5. Bro. Be objective, our Airports are re branded, many road fixed, SURE P deployed also on Primary Health care (Mother and Child) and many more.

6. Freedom of speech was never possible btw 1983 - 1985. APC who claimed progressive refusing to domestic Freedom of Information Bill, why?

I thought u were of the school of thought that APC and Buhari are Boko Haram sponsors? When did it become internationally backed

4 Likes

Re: Why Should We Vote President Jonathan? by Nobody: 1:25pm On Jan 03, 2015
Vote GEJ
Jihad is evil

1 Like

Re: Why Should We Vote President Jonathan? by Firefire(m): 1:34pm On Jan 03, 2015
Freelancer00:
I thought u were of the school of thought that APC and Buhari are Boko Haram sponsors? When did it become internationally backed

History are their for reference.

Check out my posts and show where Firefire mentioned that, I am waiting...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Election Results On Twitter / See The Lorry That Claimed The Life Of The Father Of President Obama / Photo:See How This Malnourished Woman Buried Her Late Child(very Graphic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.