Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,468 members, 7,958,430 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 02:10 PM

Do So Called Christians Still Prophesy? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do So Called Christians Still Prophesy? (668 Views)

TB Joshua Re-uploads Clinton Prophesy On Facebook As Followers Defend Him / Why Do Christians Still Fornicate After Knowing It's A Serious Sin? / Why Do "Born Again" Christians Still Commit Sin? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do So Called Christians Still Prophesy? by efficiencie(m): 3:47pm On Jan 03, 2015
It is written:

Joel 2:28-29

And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions: And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit.

1 Corinthians 14:31 For ye may all prophesy one by one, that all may learn, and all may be comforted.

The Joel 2:28-29 verse tells us that our churches should be packed with Christians that prophesy not necessary as persons called into the prophetic office but as partakers of the new covenant as described by Joel.

In Paul's inspired words, the Holy Ghost obviously expects us all to prophesy one by one and he states that this is for us to learn and be comforted. Many of the arguments and controversies in the body of Christ would have been resolved and we would have been at peace with eachother irrespective of the denomination...

The current friction, disagreements, accusations and rivalry in church in Nigeria is a reminder that the recommendations of the Holy Ghost by the mouth of Paul in 1 Corinthians 14:31 is lacking.

Do Christians, i mean regular members of the congregation and church workers not the church leaders, still prophesy.
Re: Do So Called Christians Still Prophesy? by plaetton: 4:08pm On Jan 03, 2015
Again, prophesy is just one more proof that Christianity is a religion that relies heavily of skight-of-hand tricks and outright fraud to sustain and perpetuate itself.

I have stated severally that faith=doubts
Faith is a constant struggle with doubts.
Faith uses a number of tools to tell itself that it is winning the war with doubts.

The so-called prophesies is one the ways that faith self- medicates itself in it's mostly futile and regular attempts at self- validation.

What is prophesy, and what are it's intended value?

In modern times, prophecy is called forecasting and it relies on information, data, statical modelling, mathematics, and the simple application of common sense to make projections based on what is already known or manifest.

A simple prophesy would be, for example, to say that the upcoming elections are going bring tensions, violence and bloodshed in areas not expected, or that it is going to be a very close race that would be filled allegations of rigging by both sides.

But of course, in magic land of Christians, this would be divine revelation if comes from the mouth of a pulpit love-vendor.

1 Like

Re: Do So Called Christians Still Prophesy? by efficiencie(m): 5:25pm On Jan 03, 2015
plaetton:
Again, prophesy is just one more proof that Christianity is a religion that relies heavily of skight-of-hand tricks and outright fraud to sustain and perpetuate itself.

I have stated severally that faith=doubts
Faith is a constant struggle with doubts.
Faith uses a number of tools to tell itself that it is winning the war with doubts.

The so-called prophesies is one the ways that faith self- medicates itself in it's mostly futile and regular attempts at self- validation.

What is prophesy, and what are it's intended value?

In modern times, prophecy is called forecasting and it relies on information, data, statical modelling, mathematics, and the simple application of common sense to make projections based on what is already known or manifest.

A simple prophesy would be, for example, to say that the upcoming elections are going bring tensions, violence and bloodshed in areas not expected, or that it is going to be a very close race that would be filled allegations of rigging by both sides.

But of course, in magic land of Christians, this would be divine revelation if comes from the mouth of a pulpit love-vendor.

your comment didn't attempt to address the core of my opening comment. you only attacked the validity of prophecy from the pulpit from your own world view... More grace to you sir!
Re: Do So Called Christians Still Prophesy? by plaetton: 5:36pm On Jan 03, 2015
efficiencie:

your comment didn't attempt to address the core of my opening comment. you only attacked the validity of prophecy from the pulpit from your own world view... More grace to you sir!
I didn't have to answer or address the topic I exactly the way you want it.

My point is that faith, mostly resting on wishy washy stuff, would always seek ways to validate itself.
This shows that faith is nothing other than what it is,. The constant and persistent struggles with Doubts.
Prophesy, therefore, is just another tool for self delusion.

1 Like

Re: Do So Called Christians Still Prophesy? by efficiencie(m): 5:46pm On Jan 03, 2015
plaetton:

I didn't have to answer or address the topic I exactly the way you want it.

My point is that faith, mostly resting on wishy washy stuff, would always seek ways to validate itself.
This shows that faith is nothing other than what it is,. The constant and persistent struggles with Doubts.
Prophesy, therefore, is just another tool for self delusion.

Thanks man! I understand you.

(1) (Reply)

Great Article On Morality And Religion / I'd Rather Have Jesus And Successful Failures / 7 Tears Old Girl Reveals About Adeboye, Oyedepo, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.