Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,555 members, 7,837,126 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:32 PM

Insulting Kenya's President On Facebook Lands Blogger In Prison - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Insulting Kenya's President On Facebook Lands Blogger In Prison (1279 Views)

Man Jailed For Insulting Governor Aminu Masari On Social Media / Daring The President On Halliburton Scandal Prosecution. / El Rufai Receives Malian President On First Day In Office (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Insulting Kenya's President On Facebook Lands Blogger In Prison by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jan 03, 2015
Nigeria's President, Goodluck Jonathan, has been vilified a million times by Nigerians on social media, but the good man hasn't victimised anyone. But this isn't happening in Kenya because you must be punished for it. Please read the link below.

A blogger in Kenya has been sentenced to jail time for insulting President Uhuru Kenyatta on Facebook.

The 25-year-old blogger, Alan Wadi Okenga, also known as lieutenant Wadi, was convicted of hate speech for posts he allegedly made about Kenyatta's ethnic group. Wadi was sentenced to one year in jail and a fine of $2,200 after reportedly pleading guilty to the charges. If he chooses not pay the fine, he will face another year in jail.

Online, some supported the sentence:

http://stream.aljazeera.com/story/201501022145-0024464

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Insulting Kenya's President On Facebook Lands Blogger In Prison by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jan 03, 2015
That's Kenya. This is Nigeria, Bigger than anybody.
Re: Insulting Kenya's President On Facebook Lands Blogger In Prison by SeverusSnape(m): 4:53pm On Jan 03, 2015
...meanwhile in Nigeria, every Tom,dick and Harry insults the president at will.hmmmmmm. Nigeria I hail thee.

1 Like

Re: Insulting Kenya's President On Facebook Lands Blogger In Prison by Redoil: 4:54pm On Jan 03, 2015
aze:
That's Kenya. This is Nigeria, Bigger than anybody.
but under buhari decree 04 nobody is bigger than kenya.
@topic The guy look mentally unsound just like APCs cyber moro.n.s trying to force buhari on us.
This is a dose of what to expect if buhari is voted into power. Nigeria should wise up and vote for gej without sentiment. For saying "
Human right na my property" fela was thrown into jail for five years by buhari.
As for decree 04 that will be a topic for another day.
Chai buhari

2 Likes

Re: Insulting Kenya's President On Facebook Lands Blogger In Prison by Noble11(m): 4:56pm On Jan 03, 2015
GEJ is one of the best president i have seen in this part of the WORLD!..

Not a fan of PDP though!!!
Re: Insulting Kenya's President On Facebook Lands Blogger In Prison by Nobody: 4:57pm On Jan 03, 2015
The blogger insulted Kenyatta's ethnic group and not his government. That can spark ethnic violence in a volatile county like Kenya. Kenyatta is not clueless like Jonathan.
Jonathan will keep getting insulted until he vacates Aso Rock in February.
Enough is enough!!
Re: Insulting Kenya's President On Facebook Lands Blogger In Prison by sojopikin: 5:01pm On Jan 03, 2015
I knw a country in the western africa,where a clueless man has been insulted for the past five years he was "ruling".......but that's none of my business
Re: Insulting Kenya's President On Facebook Lands Blogger In Prison by Nobody: 5:06pm On Jan 03, 2015
Redoil:

fela was thrown into jail for five years by buhari.

Re: Insulting Kenya's President On Facebook Lands Blogger In Prison by Nobody: 5:06pm On Jan 03, 2015
berem:
The blogger insulted Kenyatta's ethnic group and not his government. That can spark ethnic violence in a volatile county like Kenya. Kenyatta is not clueless like Jonathan.
Enough is enough!!
What you know about good governance? I really do not fancy exchanging post with a shallow and uninformed minds like you because your just a paid agent. A clear product of joblessness.

The APShits you support are the visible clueless set of leaders. Thiefnubuu and his lapdog Fashiola are only enriching and personalizing Lagos. They have successfully shared the whole of lagos amongst themselves.

I wonder the hype about lagos mega city, failed project. Tell me what he used the outstanding federal allocation withheld by Obasanjo which was disbursed to the state account by Yar'adua?

Lagos state is a slum and shanty city. Nothing works in Lagos. An average Lagosian spends 10years of his life in traffic.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Insulting Kenya's President On Facebook Lands Blogger In Prison by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:07pm On Jan 03, 2015
slimmy05:
Nigeria's President, Goodluck Jonathan, has been vilified a million times by Nigerians on social media, but the good man hasn't victimised anyone. But this isn't happening in Kenya because you must be punished for it. Please read the link below.

A blogger in Kenya has been sentenced to jail time for insulting President Uhuru Kenyatta on Facebook.

The 25-year-old blogger, Alan Wadi Okenga, also known as lieutenant Wadi, was convicted of hate speech for posts he allegedly made about Kenyatta's ethnic group. Wadi was sentenced to one year in jail and a fine of $2,200 after reportedly pleading guilty to the charges. If he chooses not pay the fine, he will face another year in jail.

Online, some supported the sentence:

http://stream.aljazeera.com/story/201501022145-0024464
Rubbish! I listened to this on Radio Nigeria this morning. What is Jonathan trying to instill in people? How many people did Obasanjo arrest for calling him a gorilla? How many times did Obasanjo arrest or call Ali Baba for always making pranks on him each time he clears his throat?
Re: Insulting Kenya's President On Facebook Lands Blogger In Prison by Nobody: 5:10pm On Jan 03, 2015
slimmy05:
What you know about good governance? I really do not fancy exchanging post with a shallow and uninformed minds like you because your just a paid agent. A clear product of joblessness.

The APShits you support are the visible clueless set of leaders. Thiefnubuu and his lapdog Fashiola are only enriching and personalizing Lagos. They have successfully shared the whole of lagos amongst themselves.

I wonder the hype about lagos mega city, failed project. Tell me what he used the outstanding federal allocation withheld by Obasanjo which is was disbursed to the state account by Yar'adua?

Lagos state is a slum and shanty city. Nothing works in Lagos. An average Lagosian spends 10years of his life in traffic.
Ok
Re: Insulting Kenya's President On Facebook Lands Blogger In Prison by Nobody: 5:10pm On Jan 03, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

Rubbish! I listened to this on Radio Nigeria this morning. What is Jonathan trying to instill in people? How many people did Obasanjo arrest for calling him a gorilla? How many times did Obasanjo arrest or call Ali Baba for always making pranks on him each time he clears his throat?
You need to show some level of intelligence here. There is absolutely difference between a joke and libel don't you think so?
Re: Insulting Kenya's President On Facebook Lands Blogger In Prison by Disclaimer: 5:12pm On Jan 03, 2015
APC E-Goat be warn. Why not channel your effort toward producing Buhari's certificate
Re: Insulting Kenya's President On Facebook Lands Blogger In Prison by emmysoftyou: 5:22pm On Jan 03, 2015
Yu see why I said a ghanian economist professor should keep quiet...by calling our president an unsound mind...

Look at this case,a guy who is even a citizen of his country is even sentenced to jail..

I wonder why nigerians should be insulting and vilifying their own president,they voted for in 2011....
It seem yu guys don't know that some curses has some bad effects on humans nature..

Yu want nigeria to be in a good situation yet yu cursed yur president who is the head of state and
Yu want nigeria to move forward
Eehundecided
Yu guys re kidding me...
yu need to rise above hate....
Rise above tribalism and sentimentalism...
Or Keep hating and keep suffering... cheesy

I wait for the day,jonathan will start punishing pples who call him clueless and shoeless president without laying his/her points...

Whether they re pastors,imams,reverends fathers,students, workers or nairalanders,

they should all be punish by using derogatory words towards the president of the federal republic of nigeria...

RISE ABOVE HATE

GEJ till GOD knows when.......
Re: Insulting Kenya's President On Facebook Lands Blogger In Prison by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:26pm On Jan 03, 2015
slimmy05:
You need to show some level of intelligence here. There is absolutely difference between a joke and libel don't you think so?
What is the difference between calling Jonathan clueless and Obasanjo a monkey? Is calling Obasanjo, a human, a monkey not demeaning?
Re: Insulting Kenya's President On Facebook Lands Blogger In Prison by Zeezy99: 5:33pm On Jan 03, 2015
With the likes of ffk leading Nigeria's presidents campaign, he can't do nothing to anybody cos his own men are the ones leading the spread of hate message.
Re: Insulting Kenya's President On Facebook Lands Blogger In Prison by Nobody: 5:48pm On Jan 03, 2015
We once had a Had of State like that.

He pulled up an evil decree 4, used it to oppress the land!
I so ashamed that the younger generation are being deceived.
Re: Insulting Kenya's President On Facebook Lands Blogger In Prison by emmysoftyou: 5:54pm On Jan 03, 2015
slimmy05:
grin grin; grin
Yu wicked o...
Not even 10hrs cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Insulting Kenya's President On Facebook Lands Blogger In Prison by godG: 6:11pm On Jan 03, 2015
berem:
Enough is enough!!

Hey, stop that crap. Do you know what democracy means, at all? Forget it, Nigeria is also a volatile country and many people still insult GEJ's ethnic group. Don't let us justify insanity because of your political affiliation. When it comes to FOS, GEJ is a fine gentleman.
Re: Insulting Kenya's President On Facebook Lands Blogger In Prison by Nobody: 6:14pm On Jan 03, 2015
godG:

Hey, stop that crap. Do you know what democracy means, at all? Forget it, Nigeria is also a volatile country and many people still insult GEJ's ethnic group. Don't let us justify insanity because of your political affiliation. When it comes to FOS, GEJ is a fine gentleman.
So are other ethnic groups not insulted too? I am yet to see anyone insult Ijaws on nairaland.
Re: Insulting Kenya's President On Facebook Lands Blogger In Prison by maximunimpact(m): 6:20pm On Jan 03, 2015
Jonathan is clueless and an Otuoke slowpoke......oya come and arrest me
Re: Insulting Kenya's President On Facebook Lands Blogger In Prison by wealthywiseman: 6:42pm On Jan 03, 2015
berem:
Enough is enough!!

you talk like a retard.
With no iota of decorum. I guess this is how you talk to your father.

you shameless APC DICKSUCKER
Re: Insulting Kenya's President On Facebook Lands Blogger In Prison by godG: 6:44pm On Jan 03, 2015
berem:
So are other ethnic groups not insulted too? I am yet to see anyone insult Ijaws on nairaland.

Haha. E too plenty sef. Okay, GEJ is as clueless as the Ijaws. Just did and I am so sure I am getting away with this. Only in Nigeria, under GEJ. smiley To be honest with you, you can't try half of what we say about our president on other presidents.

1 Like

Re: Insulting Kenya's President On Facebook Lands Blogger In Prison by godG: 6:46pm On Jan 03, 2015
wealthywiseman:

you talk like a retard.
With no iota of decorum. I guess this is how you talk to your father.

you shameless APC DICKSUCKER

Oga, which level na cheesy It is sad how we bullshit eachother all in the name of politics. cheesy
Re: Insulting Kenya's President On Facebook Lands Blogger In Prison by Nobody: 6:50pm On Jan 03, 2015
godG:

Haha. E too plenty sef. Okay, GEJ is as clueless as the Ijaws. Just did and I am so sure I am getting away with this. Only in Nigeria, under GEJ. smiley To be honest with you, you can't try half of what we say about our president on other presidents.
No single regard. Very pathetic. Anyway, they should remember with Buhari even Nairaland would seize to exist.

(1) (Reply)

Breakingnews: Buhari Certificate: Army Deny Possession Of WASC / The New Machine - Written By Dele Giwa (may 6, 1985) / Nigeria’s Richest Oil Blocks Owners Exposed: Names & Details

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.