Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,901 members, 7,814,049 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:38 AM

What Is The Least Amount You Can Collect As A Fresh Graduate? - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What Is The Least Amount You Can Collect As A Fresh Graduate? (33377 Views)

7 Major Reasons Why Nigerian Fresh Graduate Find It Hard To Get A Job / Is 30k Enough For A Fresh Graduate? / Please Who Knws How Much CSO'S In The Health Sector Collect As Salaries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Least Amount You Can Collect As A Fresh Graduate? by Coolguy89(m): 7:44am On Jan 04, 2015
It wil b not Less than 40k,guys u hav to consider d rate of unemployment in naija today
Re: What Is The Least Amount You Can Collect As A Fresh Graduate? by Kennyinusa(m): 7:50am On Jan 04, 2015
Hello guys. Even without NYSC I was collecting 65k.

But a close friend of mine was collecting 250k. Talk about not fair.

But currently, I can't collect less than 200k because on my own, I make more than that. smiley
Meanwhile, I still haven't gone for my NYSC.
Re: What Is The Least Amount You Can Collect As A Fresh Graduate? by creamyxoxo: 8:00am On Jan 04, 2015
Re: What Is The Least Amount You Can Collect As A Fresh Graduate? by Alexisu: 8:07am On Jan 04, 2015
minimum of 40k
Re: What Is The Least Amount You Can Collect As A Fresh Graduate? by gememerald(m): 8:10am On Jan 04, 2015
funstufz:

Skills, you say.........

How feasible is that my brother?

I don't mind to be Self-employed too.

Thanks

Yes, when you got skills like; cad designs, systems repair and networking, programming and the likes you can freelance between different companies
Re: What Is The Least Amount You Can Collect As A Fresh Graduate? by Lakeshizu(m): 9:14am On Jan 04, 2015
shrimati:
that means you have not really place a price on yourself! What if the take home pay of the coy is not enough to take you home?
If it is not enough, he can use his legs grin grin grin
Re: What Is The Least Amount You Can Collect As A Fresh Graduate? by smudge2079(m): 9:24am On Jan 04, 2015
SlickBack2:
and u think GEJ is the cause of ur unemployability? #smh
i guess u, if it isn't him. Smd for u.
Re: What Is The Least Amount You Can Collect As A Fresh Graduate? by eromspete(m): 9:24am On Jan 04, 2015
50k salary cant do much for you at all..

What if i told you my first job paid me more than 300k per month. And yes its in Nigeria

artisticallyart:
Well, it nice to see you aim high with big figures, but some of you are far from the realities on ground
Bank-90k minimum
Hospitality - (depending on the location) Island-70k Mainland 50k
Education sector - Mainland 60k, Island 120k
Health sector - depending if it is a clinic or a hospital, although some clinic pay more - 60k
Transport sector - 50k
Security - 60

If it is a one man business
Note: you are a fresher and have no experience except for multinational.
Una wey dey yarn 250k,by the time your shoe file ehn!
50k on the Island and 40 on the Mainland.
Re: What Is The Least Amount You Can Collect As A Fresh Graduate? by Hololadey(f): 9:29am On Jan 04, 2015
Truely i luv 2 start wit a million but luking at nigeria 2day if i see a company who would start wit a sum of !50, 250 he nn bad
Re: What Is The Least Amount You Can Collect As A Fresh Graduate? by Nobody: 10:08am On Jan 04, 2015
Kennyinusa:
Hello guys. Even without NYSC I was collecting 65k.

But a close friend of mine was collecting 250k. Talk about not fair.

But currently, I can't collect less than 200k because on my own, I make more than that. smiley
Meanwhile, I still haven't gone for my NYSC.

grin

1 Like

Re: What Is The Least Amount You Can Collect As A Fresh Graduate? by Horllamideh(m): 10:27am On Jan 04, 2015
[color=#990000][/color]
I can start with 100-200k if their annual % increment in pay is encouraging
Re: What Is The Least Amount You Can Collect As A Fresh Graduate? by anochuko01(m): 10:27am On Jan 04, 2015
depends on the company. But as a fresh graduate of mechanical(manufacturing) &mechatronics(automation) engineering, #300,000naira minimum....after 3-4yrs of work, i shld be earning nt less than a million monthly. Coz i'lld av upgraded.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Least Amount You Can Collect As A Fresh Graduate? by loomer: 10:46am On Jan 04, 2015
shrimati:
if it is per annum, the question now is, is it after tax or before this we should be specific.

How many people de pay tax on salary for Nigeria?
Re: What Is The Least Amount You Can Collect As A Fresh Graduate? by Pabloescobar(f): 10:50am On Jan 04, 2015
shrimati:
hmm per annum or what?

Olobe
Re: What Is The Least Amount You Can Collect As A Fresh Graduate? by Nobody: 10:59am On Jan 04, 2015
Pabloescobar:

Olobe

So I really like your DP smiley lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: What Is The Least Amount You Can Collect As A Fresh Graduate? by Nobody: 11:30am On Jan 04, 2015
loomer:

your tax is deducted by your employers in most cases.
Re: What Is The Least Amount You Can Collect As A Fresh Graduate? by Nobody: 11:33am On Jan 04, 2015
eromspete:
50k salary cant do much for you at all..

What if i told you my first job paid me more than 300k per month. And yes its in Nigeria

graduates earn above 300 but what percentage earns between that and above . lets be real here , if the job is what you got passion for , do it and garner experience then you can start negotiating salaries
Re: What Is The Least Amount You Can Collect As A Fresh Graduate? by Nobody: 11:34am On Jan 04, 2015
Pabloescobar:

Olobe
do you know uche samuel .
Re: What Is The Least Amount You Can Collect As A Fresh Graduate? by adesiku(m): 11:41am On Jan 04, 2015
The 1st and only interview I went for, when I was asked, I told dem btw 40k-60k, I finally got the job and I get paid 70k per month...its a contract job and I dnt pay tax
Re: What Is The Least Amount You Can Collect As A Fresh Graduate? by ednut1(m): 12:27pm On Jan 04, 2015
loomer:

some employees deduct it nd wont remit to d tax authority
Re: What Is The Least Amount You Can Collect As A Fresh Graduate? by koolg: 12:29pm On Jan 04, 2015
Rexphobia:

Oga, my first job for bank na N3.4m per annum, so I no know Wetin u dey talk again o

Liar!!!
Re: What Is The Least Amount You Can Collect As A Fresh Graduate? by Ikandah: 1:52pm On Jan 04, 2015
ednut1:
now heritage, hard to believe cos d banks looked poor abi grin , for companies dat dont have fixed payment structure call any amount u feel is ok. after all ur negotiating. a trader wants to sell u a shirt of 2k he will call it 5k nd u price. my first job d person who linked me told me to demand 200k. i felt it was high nd i demanded 150. nd we agreed 140k. if i had said 80k they wud hv given me 70k.
This is one thing coys do that I dont find appealing: "bargaining of salary". I expect them to have fixed salary profile than subjecting intending employees to the result of salary negotiation which never favours new workers particularly the freshers because must of them do accept whatever the coys finally offer to them just to have somewhere to start.
Re: What Is The Least Amount You Can Collect As A Fresh Graduate? by LaurelP(m): 2:03pm On Jan 04, 2015
In Nigeria of today, any graduate who rejects a 70k job for a start is not serious. Do u how many ppl who re ready to grab a 40k job

Unless you've probably nt spent a few months at home, or u have an alternative plan, anything btw 70k to 100k shud not be too bad.
Re: What Is The Least Amount You Can Collect As A Fresh Graduate? by Mayosky15754: 2:13pm On Jan 04, 2015
please house, my kid brother is scheduled for an interview with a multinational pharmaceutical company this wednesday, pls how much should he negotiate cus he has 2 years experience in a related field. Thanks in advance.
Re: What Is The Least Amount You Can Collect As A Fresh Graduate? by shrimati(m): 2:45pm On Jan 04, 2015
Pabloescobar:

Olobe
I pretend I didn't see that!
Re: What Is The Least Amount You Can Collect As A Fresh Graduate? by shrimati(m): 2:48pm On Jan 04, 2015
Lakeshizu:

If it is not enough, he can use his legs grin grin grin
u are funny dude!
Re: What Is The Least Amount You Can Collect As A Fresh Graduate? by shrimati(m): 2:50pm On Jan 04, 2015
LaurelP:
In Nigeria of today, any graduate who rejects a 70k job for a start is not serious. Do u how many ppl who re ready to grab a 40k job

Unless you've probably nt spent a few months at home, or u have an alternative plan, anything btw 70k to 100k shud not be too bad.
u really made a valid point. Considering the rate of unemployment, u don't need to scare potential employer away when u still need experience.
Re: What Is The Least Amount You Can Collect As A Fresh Graduate? by Nobody: 2:54pm On Jan 04, 2015
Mayosky15754:
please house, my kid brother is scheduled for an interview with a multinational pharmaceutical company this wednesday, pls how much should he negotiate cus he has 2 years experience in a related field. Thanks in advance.

The disparity of opinions here will make you wish you never asked. grin

But with 2Years Experience, I won't ask for less than 200K
Re: What Is The Least Amount You Can Collect As A Fresh Graduate? by shrimati(m): 3:00pm On Jan 04, 2015
Mayosky15754:
why don't you ask your brother to do a little research about the company, let him find out what they pay people in similar position and quote a price @ that range! Better still he could find out what company in similar field do pay their workers in similar position that is if he can't readily get information about the coy he is seeking job @.
Re: What Is The Least Amount You Can Collect As A Fresh Graduate? by smartdave1: 3:16pm On Jan 04, 2015
pls people, how much does fresh doctors take home monthly?
Re: What Is The Least Amount You Can Collect As A Fresh Graduate? by Mayosky15754: 3:31pm On Jan 04, 2015
shrimati:
why don't you ask your brother to do a little research about the company, let him find out what they pay people in similar position and quote a price @ that range! Better still he could find out what company in similar field do pay their workers in similar position that is if he can't readily get information about the coy he is seeking job @.

He has tried but couldn't any authentic info as regards the matter.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

CONOIL Is Collecting CV / ¤ JONATHAN KING LIMITED ¤ Canadian Visa Lottery / My Experience At The SURE-P/FERMA. Osun State Command

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.