Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,378 members, 7,819,377 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:07 PM

I Witnessed An Accident (viewers Discretion Advised) - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I Witnessed An Accident (viewers Discretion Advised) (49057 Views)

Man Crushed To Death This Afternoon In Benin City (viewers Discretion Advised) / Ghastly Motor Accident Kills 3 In Ondo State| GRAPHIC Photos(viewers Discretion / Fatal Accident Today In Abuja. (viewers Discretion Advised On Pics)) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Witnessed An Accident (viewers Discretion Advised) by Nobody: 2:58am On Jan 04, 2015
elantraceey:
Eewwwww , may the soul of the dead rest in peace . cry

I pray i never witness an accident . embarassed
Me too, Amen.

1 Like

Re: I Witnessed An Accident (viewers Discretion Advised) by Prescott001(m): 3:30am On Jan 04, 2015
I saw d accident with my eyes very clear...it happened on 27th December between d hours of 12pm-3pm
Re: I Witnessed An Accident (viewers Discretion Advised) by kilokeys(m): 3:48am On Jan 04, 2015
we r becoming monsters if i must say

Re: I Witnessed An Accident (viewers Discretion Advised) by SweetJoystick(m): 5:06am On Jan 04, 2015
mrking3:
you guys should stop thinking from your Anus! Has he done any bad to bring the news to our notice? You ungrateful folks will still be the ones to shout Picture or "idonbilivit" .... he witnessed an accident scene and decides to bring it to our notice with picture evidence and you guys are here spewing trash.
Smh I should be grateful for a bad news? Accident news don turn better thing abi? I'm sure you saw people still lying on the floor with blood, could he not have offered help rather than snapping pictures? At least he had captured the bus already, what he should have done next was to look for whatever way he can assist victims of the accident and not continue going around like a photo journalist taking pictures that he is not
Re: I Witnessed An Accident (viewers Discretion Advised) by lanre2009: 6:08am On Jan 04, 2015
teemanbastos:
Lord have mercy...

But O.P xo you helped the victims by taking pictures? nigerians..!!

When most of us see even a man drowning, d next thing na to start taking pics.. Goddy

Scary scene tho'

My thought exactly.
Re: I Witnessed An Accident (viewers Discretion Advised) by Nobody: 6:41am On Jan 04, 2015
teemanbastos:
yet taking pics is nt d best option
ok, tell me the best option, if u were an eye witness, what wud u av done??
when the frsc is already at d scene and common man like you are looking and morning, wetin u wan do??
go dey give dem first aid or u go go touch the dead??
I'm just curious o

1 Like

Re: I Witnessed An Accident (viewers Discretion Advised) by Nobody: 6:43am On Jan 04, 2015
SweetJoystick:

Smh I should be grateful for a bad news? Accident news don turn better thing abi? I'm sure you saw people still lying on the floor with blood, could he not have offered help rather than snapping pictures? At least he had captured the bus already, what he should have done next was to look for whatever way he can assist victims of the accident and not continue going around like a photo journalist taking pictures that he is not
is he the only person u can see in the picture??
what if he had offered to lend a hand and the frsc officials told him to back off, what makes you think he hasn't tried to help??
were you there??

2 Likes

Re: I Witnessed An Accident (viewers Discretion Advised) by Nobody: 6:51am On Jan 04, 2015
Kachisbarbie:

I am only surprised an experienced driver of a mass transit @that, could hit the brakes so hard...but then, Nigerian passengers ain't helpful @all.
I can imagine all of them shouting Blood of Jesus!...driver!driver! when it happened. That's enough to even confuse a driver.
I'm telling you, those passengers could be the problem, I had similar experience last year, I was leaving moms place nd going back home, was already on the high when I suddenly heard a strange sound from one of my tyres, not like it bursted sooo fast nd loud, buh b4 I could pull over, it had flattened completely, I parked at d road side, thanked my God nd changed it, when I was done, took d road nd continued my journey.
Re: I Witnessed An Accident (viewers Discretion Advised) by 12ema: 6:54am On Jan 04, 2015
elantraceey:

The right response is "oh my God", not "Eewwwwww". Do you even know the meaning? I'm just going to assume you don't know. "Eewwwww" signifies disgust. They need your sympathy not disgust. Always know the meaning of what you say and do.

1 Like

Re: I Witnessed An Accident (viewers Discretion Advised) by Nobody: 6:59am On Jan 04, 2015
scobaba:
.....and I wil be travellin thru ds same road 2morw frm awka to abuja....na wa oo.

Drivin wt a 5month old preggy wife.....Hmmmm. fada take control.
The Lord will grant and yours a safe journey.
Re: I Witnessed An Accident (viewers Discretion Advised) by Nobody: 7:04am On Jan 04, 2015
Charles4075:
My brother, if you've been in that situation before, you'll agree with me that it's not easy not to put your legs on the brakes.. It takes the grace, direction and boldness from God.. Have you ever run at a speed of 180km/hr and all of a sudden you hear a pop sound from your car tires? I'm a living testimony and till date I always give God the glory.. The key to reduction of accidents in our road these days is that:
1- We want to get to our destination very quickly thereby running at a speed of over 120mph- 140mph depending on the driver.
2- Most transport companies hardly change the tyres of their buses. A commercial bus tires should be changed completely every 6 months because of the wear and friction.
Lastly, Competition. This is the craziest, funny and thrilling part of driving. You'll find out some times on the highway some drivers hate it when other cars overtake them at high speed and later on flash them the danger sign signal. I too hate it a lot. I was on a trip yesterday from warri to benin and 2 muyi line buses with a toyota voltron and a tundra including myself if I should be honest were running at a speed of 160mph- 180mph all because of ''I'm not gonna allow you overtake me''.. I had to slow down because of my family and yet we all arrived within 5 minutes interval to benin. So bro, high speed is a major cause of this. I've seen cars flipped before my very eyes from one side of the road to the other side of the road along benin asaba express way and the cause was a little heap of sand. If that driver was running at a speed of 80 to 100mph, none would have died but it's too late. R.I.P to the dead. And to our youths out there, when travelling and you notice the speed at which your bus is moving is on a high, please caution your driver rather than telling him ''Driver-fire on joor''..
Lool....you are very correct about the competition part o, it almost cost me life one day, i wont go into details, na overspeeding dey cause us too many wahala buh whenever you think about death nd life having no replacement, u think twice.
Re: I Witnessed An Accident (viewers Discretion Advised) by mrking3(m): 7:09am On Jan 04, 2015
SweetJoystick:

what help would he had offered to a dead victim? Is. He the only person around the scene? What wouuld you have done if you were there? Bunch of hypocrites!!!

LAST BULLET: MOST OF YOU TALKING DOWN ON OP CLICKED THIS TOPIC COZ YOU SAW "VIEWERS DESCRETION. YOU RUSHED IN TO VIEW THE PICTURES. NOW SAME FOLKS ARE STILL THE SAME PEOPLE THAT ARE CONDEMNING HIM COZ HE TOOK PICTURES OF THE SCENE. What wrong did he do to bring this info to nairaland? Is he the first to have taken pictures of accident scene?

3 Likes

Re: I Witnessed An Accident (viewers Discretion Advised) by Nobody: 7:11am On Jan 04, 2015
hyfr:
what should they do if not hit the break sir?
Let d vehicle continue moving till it stops. You'll need strong hands though cos controllin a car wit a burst tyre isn't easy. You can hit d brakes if d motion of d vehicle is slow. If not, hitting d brakes will take you on a dangerous barrel roll. Talkin from my experience and experience of others
Re: I Witnessed An Accident (viewers Discretion Advised) by SweetJoystick(m): 7:36am On Jan 04, 2015
mrking3:
what help would he had offered to a dead victim? Is. He the only person around the scene? What wouuld you have done if you were there? Bunch of hypocrites!!!

LAST BULLET: MOST OF YOU TALKING DOWN ON OP CLICKED THIS TOPIC COZ YOU SAW "VIEWERS DESCRETION. YOU RUSHED IN TO VIEW THE PICTURES. NOW SAME FOLKS ARE STILL THE SAME PEOPLE THAT ARE CONDEMNING HIM COZ HE TOOK PICTURES OF THE SCENE. What wrong did he do to bring this info to nairaland? Is he the first to have taken pictures of accident scene?
I'm certain man power is never enough in situations like this, a little or young girl is seated on the floor, one lying down.....could he not have done something rather than snap as the other lady on the floor was being attended to already and they are not FRSC officials
Re: I Witnessed An Accident (viewers Discretion Advised) by dnawah(m): 8:18am On Jan 04, 2015
na wa o!see as this three days driver carry troway life.them say no apply break,when tire bost. inexpirience no the gree them.God help us.
Re: I Witnessed An Accident (viewers Discretion Advised) by evesdon4u: 9:10am On Jan 04, 2015
teemanbastos:
Lord have mercy...

When most of us see even a man drowning, d next thing na to start taking pics.. Goddy

Scary scene tho'

That's to tell you what matters the most to him...and I think his effort finally paid off cos look, he made frontpage. OP, you should bury yourself in shame for taking the time to snap all those pictures & posting them here rather than helping the victims of the accident. I wonder what these mods sef dey use think, how can they move this to frontpage?
Re: I Witnessed An Accident (viewers Discretion Advised) by Nobody: 9:53am On Jan 04, 2015
teemanbastos:
Lord have mercy...

Scary scene tho'

Its a warning to all those reckless drivers on our highways.Are you blind?didn't you see the warning "GRAPHIC IMAGES"...You shouldn't have clicked on the link!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Witnessed An Accident (viewers Discretion Advised) by Nobody: 9:59am On Jan 04, 2015
Most of us here are fond with d attitude of saying "op, pishure or I no believe" nw op has attached foto to his post and some peeps b attacking d innocent nigga. Thanks @op and may their soul rest in peace.

1 Like

Re: I Witnessed An Accident (viewers Discretion Advised) by BISIXCLUSIVE: 10:07am On Jan 04, 2015
PvtParts:
Rather than help you are there snapping pics...

useless generation
Oga ooooo,the FRSC were there,the dead ones have been taking away what else do you want him to do,to start eating the remains?

1 Like

Re: I Witnessed An Accident (viewers Discretion Advised) by Slimchase(m): 10:17am On Jan 04, 2015
Gorry scene.
May GOD grant d injured rapid recorvery.
RIP to d dead.
Re: I Witnessed An Accident (viewers Discretion Advised) by milestonejnr(m): 10:33am On Jan 04, 2015
What do you expect of the OP? He wanted a post that is catchy.
I'm trying not to be judgmental here. I don't pray for a next time, but if one comes, do something more worthwhile.
Re: I Witnessed An Accident (viewers Discretion Advised) by hrhobi1(m): 10:50am On Jan 04, 2015
1runm0le:

Really?? What did you do to help??

I wasn't there oh Mr Monkey but should incase u are amongst d pic snapping crew I wish u d same. Thunder tins.
Re: I Witnessed An Accident (viewers Discretion Advised) by Nobody: 11:06am On Jan 04, 2015
teemanbastos:
Lord have mercy...

Scary scene tho'

And what happened to no pisure or i don't believe it
Re: I Witnessed An Accident (viewers Discretion Advised) by SkinnyDude(m): 11:10am On Jan 04, 2015
duni04:
See injured people! And people are just watching! Dem no fit carry them go hospital?
if them carry em go, na you go pay the bill? silly nurses go begin dey request for police report. what if one of them die nko?
Re: I Witnessed An Accident (viewers Discretion Advised) by SkinnyDude(m): 11:14am On Jan 04, 2015
please God dont let my girlfriend bd among the dead or injured.
Re: I Witnessed An Accident (viewers Discretion Advised) by plendil: 11:28am On Jan 04, 2015
Pity. The kind of crazy speed you see some of these transporters doing on that stretch, you begin to wonder.

I was once doing close to 160km/hr btween Agbor and Asaba, and could you believe as I looked at the rear view, I saw one of these Toyota hiace buses fully laden with passengers flashing its lights and trying to overtake. TF?? That means it must have been doing close to 170!! shocked shocked
Re: I Witnessed An Accident (viewers Discretion Advised) by elantraceey(f): 2:37pm On Jan 04, 2015
12ema:

The right response is "oh my God", not "Eewwwwww". Do you even know the meaning? I'm just going to assume you don't know. "Eewwwww" signifies disgust. They need your sympathy not disgust. Always know the meaning of what you say and do.

I do the meaning of what i said , i made the exclamation at the gory site of the bodies not at the situation.
Re: I Witnessed An Accident (viewers Discretion Advised) by Bolosiye: 3:59pm On Jan 04, 2015
He is n not to be blamed, afterall nairaland has given pple on dis platform an opportunity to be freelancer. Constructively or foolishly either way.
Re: I Witnessed An Accident (viewers Discretion Advised) by makasimatics(m): 11:33pm On Jan 04, 2015
Sorry
Re: I Witnessed An Accident (viewers Discretion Advised) by felicity111(f): 11:50pm On Jan 04, 2015
elantraceey:

. haaaaahhh i see alot of dem especially wen going to skul
Re: I Witnessed An Accident (viewers Discretion Advised) by 1runm0le(m): 11:59pm On Jan 05, 2015
hrhobi1:

I wasn't there oh Mr Monkey but should incase u are amongst d pic snapping crew I wish u d same. Thunder tins.

Lol, so your not being there saved how many lives?? #fool
Re: I Witnessed An Accident (viewers Discretion Advised) by Nobody: 10:32pm On Feb 22, 2015
Another Hiace killing machine.

Ordinary tire malfunction caused all this carnage..smh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Photo: Mercedes Benz Vs Audi / 2020 Mercedes GLS Vs. 2019 BMW X7, Which Side Are You On? (Photos) / Some Nigerian Drivers Can Be Dirty!! (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.